• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Player fatigue in Essentials

morlockhater

Novice hacker
Years
  • Hi there, first time posting a question on here so be gentle!

I'm wondering, is there a player fatigue system available for Pokémon Essentials?
    As in, a system where the player will require food or sleep at regular intervals to maintain their own health, similar to their Pokémon? I'd really like to implement something like this in my own game, to add a greater sense of realism to the world.

Ways I'd like to implement this include:
    -After x amount of steps, the player can no longer run until he/she has eaten/rested.
    -Items such as tents and food that are player specific, as well as maybe an overlap in some items such as Fresh Water, Moo Moo Milk etc, that can be consumed by both player and Pokémon.
    -To use this in conjunction with an internal time system, eg: player goes to bed, adds 7 or 8 hours to the time of day, similar to the Elder Scrolls games.

These would be ways I'd like to see the game feel more real and immersive, and it opens up possibilities for other in game locations to become more relevant to the story, ie; food stores, restaurants, beds in Pokémon Centers similar to the anime, etc.

If anybody has any ideas on how this could be implemented, or know of a script that exists already that is similar, please let me know.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    There is no such system already in Essentials, because absolutely no Pokémon game has ever used such a thing.

morlockhater

Novice hacker
    Years
  • I understand it's not in Essentials, I'm wondering if there is a script that someone has made FOR Essentials that would allow something like this.

*Edit* I'm sorry if I wasn't clear, this is a script request for a personal project, not a suggested feature for Essentials.
    I'm well aware the system doesn't exist within the Pokémon series or in Essentials, hence why I posted it as a general question. Apologies.

*Would still like to know if such a thing is possible though* :)

Last edited:

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
    Years
  • Well, everything is possible, of course, but afaik no one has posted or requested such a script here before.

I think it'd be a nice new depth of gameplay, but actually I'd rather provide my Pokémons needs, than my own. Having to feed your Pokémon, for it to actually be able to battle and so forth would make the game feel more like a real RPG, whereas the trainer having needs could be an annoyance rather than something fun.

Still, if you manage to find/make a script/system for this, I'd love to play a game with it.

morlockhater

Novice hacker
    Years
  • I'm thinking I could probably implement it using common events and a variable or two, the basic idea being the player has a personal health percentage, a variable with 100 being the highest and 0 being completely fatigued, at which you 'white out' and are sent back to the last Pokémon Centre, like when you lose a battle. It is reduced at a steady rate as you walk, ie you lose one point every 200 steps walked, or 100 steps ran as an example. Battles also tire you out, maybe taking 1 or 2 points per wild battle, 5 or so for a trainer battle. If your health were to fall below 20 percent, you'd no longer be able to run until it was above 20 percent again.
    Also considering including Key Items that would boost your overall energy, or maybe having that be an effect gained by obtaining a new badge, similar to how the Player's badges relate to a traded Pokémon's obedience.

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2014
    There's a Harvest Moon kit for RGXP that might have a system like this that you could either use part of or use for reference on how to add it to Pokemon Essentials.

morlockhater

Novice hacker
    Years
  • There's a Harvest Moon kit for RGXP that might have a system like this that you could either use part of or use for reference on how to add it to Pokemon Essentials.

Thanks man, will definitely look into it!
    I guess the closest comparison of what I want would be the fatigue system from the Elder Scrolls series, and how it plays into the time system.

Back