• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Playing as a female

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
Years
  • Wow sweeties, this seems to be my kind of thread. XD

Anyway, it really depends on the game. If it's a fighting game, I usually choose a female character because they're usually the quickest and easy to make combos with. If it's an RPG, it depends on my mood. Gender doesn't really matter to me.

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
  • Well, it depends on two things: 1. The design of the characters or 2. How they affect the game.

But since a lot of games don't I just tend to go for what my gender is: female. And I don't find it weird that people play as other genders, but it can be a little disorientating. @_@

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    When given the choice, which is rare given the nature of the games I play (war), I do go for females.
    You play me in any Street Fighter game with Hokuto in, you lose. Actually I suck at fighting games but you get the point.

What I do find weird is that people tend not to consider that a female playing as a male character is strange. It's always thought to be the guys wiping the 'gay' off their hands.

Years
  • Depends. If it's an adventure game or an RPG I'll go with a male character as I can better relate to the character. For arcade games like fighters and such I'll pick a character based on how cool they look. So for those I'm fine either way.

Years
  • I tend to play as both sexes in games like RPGs and Fighting games. But when it comes to Pokemon games, I like to play as the female a lot.

I don't play any MMO games due to I have a crappy 56K connection at my place. So, I don't know if I want to play as any of the sexes in those games.

Years
  • Depends. If it's an adventure game or an RPG I'll go with a male character as I can better relate to the character. For arcade games like fighters and such I'll pick a character based on how cool they look. So for those I'm fine either way.

This, though in arcade games, I tend to pick females more often than males.

My current file on Emerald I'm using the girl character, though. Also, the majority of my Mass Effect playthroughs were done with a female character.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Sometimes I like playing as the girls to take people by surprise and the girl on left 4 dead is cool.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • No problem. I are a guy i love being a guy and i would think playing as a girl is a turnisde for when your bored. But also imagine a game that was like normal life and you would be playing as a boy or girl going through life dealing with life problem and such and choosing as the girl. That there would be quite an experience for guy players XD

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Do you think it's weird if a guy plays video games as a female character? I don't mean like Tomb Raider or Metroid..I mean games where you have a choice. Pokemon, Saints Row 2, Skate 2, other RPG's and so on..I usually choose the girl. I just find it more entertaining haha.

Eh, no? In most of the games where you have a choice, you're still playing the same basic plot as you would if you chose the other gender. All that changes is the appearance of the character, which really isn't that big a deal.

Conman

Knowledgeable Ignorance
    Years
  • Well for most non-RPG games, like fighting games, gender doesn't even remotely matter to me. As for actual RPGs though, like Pokemon, I'm always a male. I think I've only chosen female twice, once was a mistake and the first time was for Crystal, because it was a new feature. I just like to portray my respective gender in RPGs, especially if it has online...not to mention my name for almost anything is Conman. Though using Conny is possible if I do choose female, meh.

----------------
    Listening to: Powerglove - Mario Minor
    via FoxyTunes

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    I don't see a problem with it, i mean 9 times out of 10 I'll pick a male character from force of habit if nothing else, but when it comes to Pokemon since Ruby and Sapphire i have always pick Boy in one game and Girl in the other (the girl always getting named after there anime charater).

Back