• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

playing as the opposite gender

RivalGator

I hate them all.
Years
  • Whichever gender I play with depends strictly on the name I want to give my trainer. Most of the time I play a male, to give a plus toward androgyny.

ben cousins

Backspacer
    Years
  • I remember i brought crystal from a pawn shop and someone already had a file in whice they chose to be a girl so i just decided to continue with it and it turned out to be the team i'm probably most proud of

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    I pick whichever design I like better. Sometimes It's my gender, sometimes it's not.

Male picks
    FireRed (Really liked the female design, but no one can NOT pick Red/Ash.)
    Crystal (Female looked attrocious)
    HeartGold (No contest)
    Emerald (He looks better with green)
    Pearl (Barely won out)
    Ranger: Guardian

Female Picks
    LeafGreen (Ended up buying this game so I could pick the girl)
    Ruby (Red suits her much more than green does)
    Platinum (Too cute with the boots and the scarf)
    White (If the Male was matched up against any other Female, he'd win out. I mean, look at him! He's awesome! But... nothing as cute as her has ever graced the pokemon world.)
    Ranger
    Ranger: Shadows

Last edited:

FlameChocobo

Warrior of Hoenn
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2016
    Pretty much both genders.

For the Male Characters, I play as...
    Brendan (Sapphire Version)
    Red (Fire Red Version)
    Lucas (Platinum Version)
    Ethan (Heart Gold Version)
    Touya (Black Version)

As for the Female Characters...
    May (Ruby Version and Emerald Version)
    Leaf (Leaf Green Version)
    Lyra (Soul Silver Version)
    Touko (White Version)

Intelligence

The return
    Years
  • I have played 7 times as a female and two times as a male. I am a male by the way. The seven times were for White and Black and one of them is for Emerald. The two times as a male was for my first profile on Emerald, it is no more, and my Diamond, which got stolen.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I've found myself doing this more increasingly over the years.. I went as the female protagonist in White first time round then male in Black. If they get remade I'll get both RS Remakes and In Sapphire I'll play as Brendan and in Ruby I'll go May! I think.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 21, 2011
    I always use a male character on my main version that I'm playing, although if I get both versions of the game then I'll occasionally play as a female on my second one.

ScarletCross

Cresselia Fan
    Years
  • I've always played as a girl on diamond and white but in Pokemon yellow I kind of had no choice like everyone else. I don't see anything wrong with playing as the opposite gender.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • I'm not going to lie here when I say that I do play as the girl sometimes. It gets kinda old using the same character on every file and it adds a little bit of variety.

Last edited:
    Back