• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PlayStation 2 Classics

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
    Years
    So, PS2 Classics have been added to the PlayStation Store under the "Only On PSN" category for $10 each, and so far, five games are up. (Frankly, I have only heard of Odin Sphere.)

• Odin Sphere
    • GRIMgRiMoiRe
    • Maximo: Ghosts to Glory
    • Ring of Red
    • God Hand
    Are there any games you wish to see on the PS2 Classics page?

I want to see some Shin Megami Tensei games like Nocturne on the list eventually (or better yet, remastered). That was one of my favorite series in the PS2 library with Ico/SotC and SSX.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    I wish to see Final Fantasy X on there. :x It may never happen but my copy is on its last legs. x__x So getting it on my Ps3 could be a nice help. C:

of course PSN is still down so i can't sign up. :<

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I wish to see Final Fantasy X on there. :x It may never happen but my copy is on its last legs. x__x So getting it on my Ps3 could be a nice help. C:

of course PSN is still down so i can't sign up. :<
    I really doubt you'll see it there for many, many years. They're "remaking" it on the PS Vita so they won't want a PSN version competing with that.

I actually hadn't even heard about this but it's rather exciting. :D $10 is a really good price and there are tons of PS2 games I never had a chance to play, so I hope the selection expands soon.

Years
    I'm actually rather dissappointed that they're deciding to do this, because this means it is more likely that we'll never get an update that allows us to play our PS2 games on the PS3 (aside from the early models of the console). I remember reading an update a few years back that Sony was planning on releasing this feature once the production of PS2 games had stopped, but a few companies are still putting out games nearly 5 years after the PS3's launch.

Hopefully there is a wide selection of games that are going to be available through PSN in the future, though, and maybe I'll get a few if they go on sale.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I heard the same as Brendino that they're planning to release a patch for the PS3 that allows PS2 games to be played... Has it turned out this isn't true? :s

fango pango

This fire burns, always.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2016
    I don't play PS3 but i'm a huge fan of the PS2 and PS1
    So I think...all the GTAs after 2 (All the 3d ones basically) should be in the library

Years
    SILENT HILL 2 - My favourite game of all time and I am sure it always will be.

Timesplitters 2 - How FPS's should be. So fun, so crazy and the tears of laughter I shed when playing that game was ridiculous.

Shadow of the Colossus - One of the greatest games I have ever played in my life. I still haven't got my hands on the HD remake, but soon I shall.

Ico - Same with SotC but this falls behind SotC in my opinion but still an incredible game.

I could go on here, because the PS2 is one of my favourite consoles for the games that it holds home to.​

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    you could probably pick up actual ps2 games and a ps2 cheaper than it would be to buy a handful of games on the classics page.

tbh i'd like to see the devil may cry games there, they were always a favourite for me.

TornZero

Years
    Shadow of the Colossus - One of the greatest games I have ever played in my life. I still haven't got my hands on the HD remake, but soon I shall.

Ico - Same with SotC but this falls behind SotC in my opinion but still an incredible game.​

So you know, if you haven't found out yet, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, as well as all of its bonus content, are on a single Blu-Ray disc in the Collection. (Nice use of the large capacity, I'd say.) You get to choose between which one you play when you start it up, and the Bonus Content appears as a second "disc" in the game list.

you could probably pick up actual ps2 games and a ps2 cheaper than it would be to buy a handful of games on the classics page.

tbh i'd like to see the devil may cry games there, they were always a favourite for me.
    A refurbished PS2 at GameStop is about $50, while some PS2 games, notably Persona 3 and 4, have an equal pre-owned and new price. (Persona 4 was $40 when I first got it new a few years ago, and when I saw one on a pre-owned rack at GameStop last week, it was actually $40.)

So a handful of favorite PS2 games on the Store at ten to twenty bucks a pop would be cheaper.

Koi

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    Personally, I'd like to see .hack series(including .hack//G.U.) added to the PS2 classics, but I don't think that's going to happen any time soon. /=

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    If they rebooted Timesplitters 3 and enabled it to be played online over PSN, I'd be a pretty happy guy.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    I was big into the "Pro" games (Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4, Shaun Palmer Pro Snowboarder, Mat Hoffman Pro BMX 2 etc) when I had my PS2. As well as one of the wrestling games, but I don't remember which one I had.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    A refurbished PS2 at GameStop is about $50, while some PS2 games, notably Persona 3 and 4, have an equal pre-owned and new price. (Persona 4 was $40 when I first got it new a few years ago, and when I saw one on a pre-owned rack at GameStop last week, it was actually $40.)

So a handful of favorite PS2 games on the Store at ten to twenty bucks a pop would be cheaper.
    You're kidding right? I've seen PS2's for well under $20 bucks, and PS2 games for well under $5, ahaha.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Okay, before this thread I didn't know PS2 Games were coming to PSN which I'm extremely happy about because about a month ago I was searching wether they actually will, but I loved all the PS2 driving games.

EDIT: I'm from the UK, could somebody give me an updated list on what games are out? that's if any more have been added, thanks!

Last edited:

TornZero

Years
    You're kidding right? I've seen PS2's for well under $20 bucks, and PS2 games for well under $5, ahaha.

Well, I haven't seen them, and I've only seen crappy and early-in-the-PS2's-lifetime games released for that little. Even Shadow of the Colossus is $10 pre-owned.

And for Suicune™, the list is accurate as of my checking today, though it may apply different for the UK, as I'm only checking out the North American version.

blue

gucci
    Years
    And for Suicune™, the list is accurate as of my checking today, though it may apply different for the UK, as I'm only checking out the North American version.

Oh right, okay thanks. I'll wait and see what arrives over here surely there will be one I loved.. eventually, I'll end up buying a few I know it.

TornZero

Years
    If Konami remastered Suikoden III and put it up there I would be eternally grateful.

If they remastered it like Team Ico did with their games, it wouldn't be on the PS2 Classics, but an entirely new release on a Blu-Ray disc. The PS2 Classics section works like the PSone Classics, where they pretty much just port the game.

However, Suikoden III would be a nice addition to the list.

Back