• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Please, please tell me who you are!

Which gender did you choose?

• Total voters
Years
  • For my reasoning that girls are better than boys, I went for a girl, even though I'm a boy. Then, since I am called Kieran, I named myself... Maisie. What sound logic.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I missread the topic at first, I wish I could change my vote (voted for boy)

Games I always choose girl, don't know why. I name her after my grandma's first name - Maria.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2013
    girl cuz theres a nice view when she throws the ball and AYUGA because it makes the day care man say HEY AYUGA!

Years
  • Oh the inappropriate things I would make NPC's say.
    I've kept a boy and gone by 'Az' for all of my journey's, except for Dummy games where I would start new for sole intention of trading their starter.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Well, I was a female named Ashley who had terrible fashion sense, before all memories of her got deleted and she took an unexpected trip to my local GameStop, never to be seen again (at least not by me lol).

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Well, I was a female named Ashley who had terrible fashion sense, before all memories of her got deleted and she took an unexpected trip to my local GameStop, never to be seen again (at least not by me lol).

...lol...

Anyway, in my Japanese White, I'm Syddy. In Black, I'm Cedric. And English White I'm umm...uhhhhh I think I'm Noel. Girl, boy, boy, btw.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I always like both protagonist designs, so I always just go with the girl. I always name the character after myself, too.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    The title of this thread made me think of the TV show New Girl, and I quietly just sang WHO'S THAT GIIIRL in my head. Random. Anyway!

I choose the female protagonists in every game and name them after me, so Black and White really had no exception. It's simple enough, and besides I like my name! Oh, and that's Shinell.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    I chose a girl and named her July. After I started over I still chose the girl, but named her Aubrey.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I picked the girl every time. I use the names Alice, Echo, and Lacie, which are all characters from Pandora Hearts. There's some black and white imagery in the series.

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    I chose the female, named her MIAU. Because I'm female, and that's my RL nickname.

Years
  • I've always picked a boy ever since Pokemon Crystal (the first game which allowed girl characters to be chosen) and have been using the name Samuel since RBGY (or rather SAMUEL because names were all in caps in the past). So the tradition is followed in this game as well.

Years
    • IL
    • Seen Jan 12, 2013
    I played both versions.

For Black, I picked the male and named him Green
    For White, I picked the female and named her Lorena.

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2012
    I picked girl in everything but Crystal version. (my brother started the game and made it male.)
    I usually name my character Beatrix or Brandi.

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
  • Boy, I mean come on female characters for guys is sooo MMOs. Oh and I was really into Kingdom Hearts at the time so I named him Demyx.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Female; Pappila. I just had a little think about what a feminine form of 'pappilon' would be by English personal-name conventions.

Back