• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Complete] Plot Analysis: The Kanto Games

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    WIP tag because what is in the spoiler is an unworked/partially reworked old version of this article! I will double post when it's ready for comments.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Long article this time!

It adventure has you start out as Red
    "Its"

drive them out from their secret hideout in the Game Corner where they have been distributing Pokémon as prices (presumably illegally)
    "prizes"

Their Leader is Giovanni
    Don't capitalize "leader" here.

they're the only one that explicitly states a characters death
    "character's"

Mr. Fuji has some background if you talk to other Lavender Town NPCs and was trying to help the Marowak's soul before being taken hostage by Team Rocket, but beyond this the NPCs you come across that you help out to gain an important item (such as the Safari Zone Warden or the S.S. Anne Captain, for the Surf and Cut HMs respectively) are easily forgettable.
    Rather long sentence here. Split the one about Mr. Fuji from the one about the rest of the NPCs.

and ultimately escape and left the lab in ruins
    "escaped"

and battle Jessie and James at various points
    Maybe mention that it's Team Rocket's Jessie and James?

Years
    Just some minor things at the time.
    Sans some memorable quotes from NPCs ("Shorts are comfy and easy to wear!")
    Pointing this one out because I noticed the usage of single quotations for every other quote in this article, except for this one...so just for consistency's sake. :>

FireRed and LeafGreen, the remakes of Red and Blue, were more apparent in its plot revisions
    Should be "their", maybe? Since it feels weird to say "remakes", plural, but then use a singular pronoun to refer to them.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I don't see anything else wrong with it, so I'd say it's ready for posting!

Back