• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Plot, Planning & Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Etherion

Would be anyone be interested in a crossover RP between Pokemon and Harry Potter?

Etherion

It's certainly a unique concept. how exactly would it work though?

Umm its really hard to fit the two together. Maybe...
    Wizards keep pokemon as their pets and learn to train them at Hogswart?

Etherion

That could work I suppose, what the mechanics of such an RP be though? Is there a plot? Is it sandbox?

Its divided intp chapters and each chapter, the students (RPer's) advance into the class years after each chapter. The plot is basically, get to the final chapter and fight Voldemort

Years
  • Its divided intp chapters and each chapter, the students (RPer's) advance into the class years after each chapter. The plot is basically, get to the final chapter and fight Voldemort

I don't really understand what you mean where I bolded the quote.

Honestly, I don't see this RP being particularly successful - although I could also be wrong. I think that perhaps if you made it more sandbox and didn't use any canon characters you would have a better chance but if you have to work to make two series synergies it is probably better to just make a pokemon or just make a HP roleplay.

Don't let my critiques dissuade you though, I don't speak for everyone so if you really want to make this happen go for it and make up a draft write-up for us to look at. It would be easier to critique that also.

Etherion

I don't really understand what you mean where I bolded the quote.

Honestly, I don't see this RP being particularly successful - although I could also be wrong. I think that perhaps if you made it more sandbox and didn't use any canon characters you would have a better chance but if you have to work to make two series synergies it is probably better to just make a pokemon or just make a HP roleplay.

Don't let my critiques dissuade you though, I don't speak for everyone so if you really want to make this happen go for it and make up a draft write-up for us to look at. It would be easier to critique that also.

Your probably right, i couldn't see this happening :\

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
    Years
  • Here's a pitch, I was thinking of a Naruto RP, No canon Genin, but canon Jonin. And the general story is the chunin exams and eventually uncovering a secret people.

Years
  • Here's a pitch, I was thinking of a Naruto RP, No canon Genin, but canon Jonin. And the general story is the chunin exams and eventually uncovering a secret people.

The premise works fine, it could be made into quite the RP. Do you have any idea how the RP would function?

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
    Years
  • I thought I would base the Jutsu system on Gunpowder, if you don't mind. I put a list of Jutsus they know and they can use them like that. I think that you would do posts of the fighting. You see what happend, observe it and react,
    (I could explain better on skype)

Years
  • I thought I would base the Jutsu system on Gunpowder, if you don't mind. I put a list of Jutsus they know and they can use them like that. I think that you would do posts of the fighting. You see what happend, observe it and react,
    (I could explain better on skype)

I used a similar system in the Naruto RP I briefly co-GM'd and it worked pretty well there and in Gunpowder so go for it. I would definitely allow for some customisation though the same as I have done with GP.

I mean obviously there'll be positing on fighting and reactions, but how will the plot progress? Will it be sandbox, chapter-based or a hybrid? Will characters be assorted into squads? That sort of stuff.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    I think it'd be pretty cool if we were put in squads of 3 like in the anime, and we worked from the academy up to the end of the chunin Exam. Even though it would force interaction, I don't think that would necessarily be a bad thing :P. We'd adapt to our squads writing style and it could make for some epic JPs

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
    Years
  • I used a similar system in the Naruto RP I briefly co-GM'd and it worked pretty well there and in Gunpowder so go for it. I would definitely allow for some customisation though the same as I have done with GP.

I mean obviously there'll be positing on fighting and reactions, but how will the plot progress? Will it be sandbox, chapter-based or a hybrid? Will characters be assorted into squads? That sort of stuff.

Kind of Chapter based with loose freedom, between the Exams, like the Forest will be more freedom based. Yes, the people will be grouped, I'm slightly unsure in how to squad them.

From what I understand the plot only last about as long as the exam, which is already quite long.
    Although you'll have to see what Aqua says.

I have a little subplot throughout and after the exams you'll resolve this subplot.
    I think it'd be pretty cool if we were put in squads of 3 like in the anime, and we worked from the academy up to the end of the chunin Exam. Even though it would force interaction, I don't think that would necessarily be a bad thing :P. We'd adapt to our squads writing style and it could make for some epic JPs

Yeah, I'd like to know how I could pair people up, random? Writer/Player Preference? GM Preference? Character Preference?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    I can't speak for everyone, but I think randomizing it would make it very interesting.
    Perhaps if we start off as solo, then you decide what you think the best trios would be.

Etherion

I'd look forward to it!
    But, how will the jutsu system work?

Oh, umm, would anyone be interested in a Gale of Darkness based RP?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    Ohh, a Naruto RP :)
    I'd look forward to it!
    But, how will the jutsu system work?

Oh, umm, would anyone be interested in a Gale of Darkness based RP?

I've been trying to help Aqua work that out since Jutsu are incredibly vague. We're thinking we get a list for RPers to choose, and if anyone has their own ideas they can use that, as long as it isn't OP

Years
  • Kind of Chapter based with loose freedom, between the Exams, like the Forest will be more freedom based. Yes, the people will be grouped, I'm slightly unsure in how to squad them.

I have a little subplot throughout and after the exams you'll resolve this subplot.

Yeah, I'd like to know how I could pair people up, random? Writer/Player Preference? GM Preference? Character Preference?

The only problem with squads, is that you need people to be active. If you use squads and someone randomly vanishes it can cause problems.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back