• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PMD: Exploration and Corruption of the New Frontier (IC)(PG-13)

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
    Years
    Looks up at guild...."Maybe I can find some warmth here" Night Cane walks inside the guild

I'm sorry, but your privileges to post here don't come that easily. First of all, I have not approved your character in the OOC. I saw the character, and have requested for you to do some things before I approve it.

Also if and when your character is approved, I hope you post a LOT more than one line.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
    Guest room... It was getting late after all. Perhaps it would be best to go hit the hay. Hopefully the storm would stop by then. Leigh began to follow Layne over to the guest room. None of them really knew where it was but it wasn't like they were in a huge fifty floor dungeon. Leigh looked on over to anybody that was still eating.

"Well, I'm gonna head of to bed as well. Gnight everyone" Leigh said with a smile. Leigh would have perfered to sleep outside but if he's provided hospitality during a storm, then he would be willing to take whatevers offered. On the way to the guest rooms he tried his best to not make eye contact with Chunk, but couldn't help but look over at him for a second as he floated past him.

"Corruption... why haven't I been effected by it yet? Immunity? It can't be... this thing has been stuck on me for the longest time... but has not been successful in destroying my mind. Just what is it?" Leigh thought to himself. The corrupt substance swirled slowly around Leigh in reaction to these thoughts, but stopped behind the blob. "You've gotten me in more trouble then I can count. I'm patiently waiting the day I can be rid of...whatever you are." Leigh said as if he were talking to the blotch.

Leigh pushed open one of the doors he passed and inside was a large room with several comfortable looking beds. "Hey wait up Layne! Found it!" Leigh called out as he floated on inside. Leigh floated over to a bed that was closer to one of the windows. The sound of a storm often helped him sleep better, just because he was so used to it from past experiences. Before heading to sleep, Leigh stared out into the dark night, reminiscing to the days where he could explore freely. Eventually, The sound made him fall asleep right on his bed.

Last edited:

jarchio

Worst nightmare, best ally
    Years
    "guest rooms..." jarchio said to himself. "Maybe I can sleep there." he said findig himself barely awake. Quickly he followed the two pokemon Layne, and Leigh. His mind swelled with adventures, treasure, but most of all, the idea of him finding a home... Suddenly a door opened and Jarchio nearly slamed into leighs blotch. "Looks like im rooming with you" He said to tired to think. Quickly he picked a bed and was asleep in minutes....

(OMFG PS3 is finally back online Can i get a wOOtwOOt)

Last edited:

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
    Years
    ((OOC: Begin extermination mode in 3, 2, 1...))

After what seemed like hours - but in fact had only been some minutes, Chunk noticed Layne had - finally - awoken from his thoughts and gotten up.
    The Shinx couldn't help but wonder why Layne, out of all people, wasn't understanding the danger that could be in that little thing... it was almost inconceivable not to predict something like that.

"I'm going to go find a guest room. See you in the morning..." The Buizel spoke as he went by, disappearing in the hallways.

Chunk saw him go before humming something while taking a look around him, checking the area - however focusing on Leigh, who had gotten up - or floated higher, whatever floated your Floatzel - and began to follow Layne out of the dining hall.

The Shinx was already trying to avoid causing any trouble, like Layne had suggested, but the way Leigh went by him without even staring was definitely the last drop.

That's it. He immediately thought, preparing to walk. You're gonna disappear tonight.

But just as he was about to dash into the hallways, he saw Jarchio coming and, in an attempt to avoid attention, stopped and waited for the Riolu to go by and disappear in the hallways as well.

This meant losing track of Leigh as well, however...

Maybe not. He thought as Jarchio spoke about sharing the room; it was definitely with Leigh.

Chunk very silently approached the entrance and peeked in; Leigh was already on one of the beds.

"Enjoy your time..." He mumbled before taking out a claw and discreetly entering the room. There were two things he knew how to do: one, inflict paralysis using a claw (since his whole evolutionary chain's communications were based on that), and two, how to threaten someone with a claw and THEN inflicting the status should the thing go wrong. Going behind Leigh's bed, he stuck the claw into the blob and quietly delivered the threat: "We can do this the good way... or the violent way. Take your pick."

((OOC: I'm doing this assuming I had a free pass for Chunk to start the mess xD))

Megaman765

Years
    Leigh was in deep sleep. He wasn't sure of how much time had passed while he was sleeping, But it was probably the best nap he had in a long time. Maybe everyone else had been sleeping already. This nap was quickly interrupted by an odd dream. Everything around Leigh was dark. Covered in shadow. The black blotch wasn't in the blob during the dream though. All that was heard, was a high pitched maniacal laugh. The shadows around Leigh made several smiling faces that kept laughing and laughing. Leigh wasn't intimidated, just weirded out.

"I own you... scream for me." A dark voice said.

The dream was instantly interupted. Leigh felt something piercing through his protective gel. Rolling his head back to where the feeling was coming from, he was introduced by a very sharp claw right in front of his face. It was Chunk. The corrupt blotch moved right behind Leigh.

"...The good way dosen't sound so good coming from you." Leigh told Chunk. As calm as he tried to stay, Leigh was petrified in fear. What was the guy's deal? Why was he so desperate to end Leigh? Was he that afraid of the corruption? Nevertheless, Chunk was wounded. Leigh felt like he could take him but wasn't up for taking the violent direction. Right now, Chunk could kill Leigh if he wanted to...

"Calm down... Just take the claw out... and we can talk about this..." Leigh braced himself for any kind of move Chunk might pull. The corrupt blotch behind Leigh began to bubble up... "C...Comon...Whats your deal...?" He said, shaking in fear.

(Just so you know, Leigh does have the protective gel on him (Magic guard) So I don't think Paralyzing him would have much effect :p)

SamuraiMaster

Years
    OOC: Huh huh.....whatever floats your Floatzel. I should start using that phrase.

IC
    Layne heard Leigh's telepathic call, to him finding the guest room, and he turned to enter the room. It wasn't much, but then again, most guild guest rooms weren't much. Hell, even guild member rooms weren't that much. A bed, maybe a desk or something, but nothing much. It was a matter of being humble. As an explorer, you provided for yourself, but didn't go overboard if you were in a guild.

Layne entered the guest room, and took a bed on the far side of the room, but didn't get in immediately. He took a seat on a side of the bed and began to meditate. At one point in life, he learned that meditation and self reflection helped not only to prepare for tomorrow, but just soothe the body itself. He reminded himself again of why he was here, and how he would do almost anything it took to ensure Autumn's safe return home.

And he didn't know how long it was, but he wound up sleeping on the cold floor within minutes. He didn't mind...for the first 18 years in his life, he had slept in a cave.......the floor was comfortable enough for Layne...

((I won't interfere....yet......with the whole Chunk Leigh storyline.....I only will if I see an opening...))

jarchio

Years
    Sleeping, Jarchio laughed at his dreams flashing by. "stupid pidgey" he chuckled in his sleep, while rolling over. After a last dream he woke up to a terrified voice. Looking around he saw Chunk slipping a claw into Leigh.

Trying not to move jarchio watched with a petrified look. He just started to warm up to the strange pokemon, Leigh. Minutes seemed to turn to hours as he sat there, but what could he do? He didnt want to take a side in fear that he'd take the wrong one. "W-whats going on?" He said trying to make it seem like he just woke up. "Chunk? Whats going on." he hoped someone would hear him and stop this mess before it became murder...

D. Lawride

Years
    ((OOC: Fun fact: Magic Guard no longer nullifies paralysis in Gen V xD; but I didn't do it anyways))

"Your opportunity to talk's passed." Chunk instantly snarled, almost sinking the claw in even more. "And you" He added, sharply turning towards Jarchio. "...stay out of this. This between me and my chance to kill corruption... even if it's just one bit."

That being said, Chunk turned back to Leigh, only to notice the blotch behind him starting to bubble up, which served to fuel the Shinx's desire to destroy it.

"I've had enough of you corrupted Pokémon..." He began, lighting up to Charge and store electricity while approaching Leigh with his head. "What is it that motivates you to kill the innocent? Why kill my family? My tribe? Everyone I knew fell before you... I won't allow that situation to repeat itself... not when I have the chance to avoid it, not when avoiding the spread of corruption is in my reach..." He approached his head even more. "I know the likes of you... I carry these bandages so that I can remind myself of what you and your kind did to me... I know what you're capable of, I know how you can corrupt without even trying, and I know full well how to keep that from happening..."

The rings and claws on his other paw lit up, indicating the Charging process was finished.

"Any last wo..." He started, trailing off when the pain in the leg returned, forcing him to grind his teeth and flinch for a moment. "Argh...! It's you...! I know it's you...! You're the one causing this...!"

SamuraiMaster

Years
    OOC: ARGH I WANNA POST BUT I GOTTA CATCH A BUS SHORTLY.............Be back soon. Work is work. Money is......good and evil at the same time or something...

jarchio

Years
    Jarchio slunk back for a moment when Chunk snarled at him. Quickly he knew whose side to take... Leigh's. Waiting for a chance to jump in Jarchio prepared to pounce. Suddenly Chunk flinched and Jarchio pounced. "Kick me out!" he said "Ill find somewhere else" Pinning Chunk to the ground he couldnt tell if he was shocked by jarchios strength or if he was still in pain. "You need to calm down." he said softer. "Take a deep breath."

Megaman765

Years
    (ooc: Oh thanks for the fun fact :D The more you know)

"w...what?! I've never killed a thing! This thing has haunted me for who knows how long..." Leigh responded, feeling the electricity seep through him. "I... I have no interest in killing anyone..." The electricity that Chunk was charging had finished. Large amounts of electricity were seeping through Leigh's being. He could feel large amounts of pain.

"A..Ah! S...Stop!" He cried out in terror. Why did this have to happen? Leigh was right. The corruption made him more of an outcast then anything. The electricity completely Paralyzed Leigh. Chunk flinched from the pain in his own legs and kept saying that Leigh was the cause of it.

"O...open your eyes!"
    Leigh said in pain. "I...I..." The corrupt blotch swirled around Leigh in reaction to his own pain. At this rate, Leigh was being forced to take drastic measures. If he could concentrate, He'd hit Chunk back with a good psycho shock. Chances are, Chunk was ready to completely murder Leigh with nothing but blind rage.

Suddenly Jarchio stepped in and pounced on Chunk. The pounce caused one of the claws to rip a good chunk out of Leigh's protective gel. After quickly regenerating it, Leigh tried to slowly move to the door despite his current condition. That was until he heard a voice from his previous dream.

"Where are you going? He'll just go after you. Make him fear you. Fight him with full force." The dark voice said in unison to the blotch's bubbling behavior.

Was... the blotch talking to Leigh in his head? "That'll give him more reason to hate me... I'm not going to resort to that... This is your fault anyways. It isn't my problem." Leigh replied.

"...Your right. It IS my problem isn't it? I'm just here to..."help"... that's all..." The dark voice replied after giving off a high pitched sinister laugh.

Back in reality, The blotch swirled around Leigh uncontrollably. As Leigh kept moving toward the door, The paralysis really kicked in, causing Leigh to plummet to the floor, looking back at who would possibly be his murderer.

Last edited:

D. Lawride

Years
    "I told you to STAY OUT OF THIS!" Chunk shouted as soon as Jarchio pounced towards him, pinning him to the ground. The pain was still there, but the Shinx roared and dug his teeth into the Riolu's arm with Thunder Fang before using Quick Attack's speed (which was boosted by Charge) to escape from Jarchio's grasp.

This came with a cost, however, since he almost fell to the ground as the pain became more intense.

"It's you..." He gasped, walking towards Leigh while irradiating electricity from Charge, but at the same time feeling the pain growing. "This ends... tonight!" With these last words he plunged towards Leigh with his mouth wide open, preparing to deliver whatever electricity he still had through Thunder Fang.

((OOC: Dun dun dun dun, heroic time for someone xD))

Megaman765

Years
    "ah!" Leigh screamed as his who body was being knawed on by Chunk's Thunder fang. He couldn't stand the pain. Nothing but electricity. Leigh felt like he was going to die on the spot... "Stop! Please! GAH!" Leigh screamed with immense pain.

"Your death won't do me much good you know." The dark voice said yet again. "I'll get this wretch off your back... only temporary of course..."

Leigh could feel the corrupt blotch make contact with him. "N...no...Gah! stay out of this...Stop!" Leigh said out loud. Suddenly he couldn't even think straight. The corrupt blotch was controlling Leigh temporarily. The blotch had never done this before... yet, Leigh had never been in a near death situation like this before. If Leigh was killed, Then the corrupt blotch would likely fade away. Was that why Chunk wanted to kill him?

Leigh's eyes were glowing a bright red. The blotch was attached to Leigh's back, giving it complete control. Even the blob that surrounded Leigh changed to a much darker greenish color. "get off..." "Leigh" Said with the voice of murder. Quickly, It used psyshock on chunk, While also preparing for a more deadly attack.

D. Lawride

Years
    "ARGH!" Chunk yelled out before being projected against the wall after the Psyshock move, which left him grounded for a moment. He didnt hesitate this time; he went for the bag and took the Oran Berry inside, eating it rather quickly to feel the pain in the leg disappearing.

With that one ruled out, he now had to deal with the pain Leigh could possibly inflict.

"I knew this would happen... you're corrupted, and you're no different from all other, corrupted Pokémon!" The Shinx shouted out, Charging up once more, causing his body to irradiate electricity again. "And just like them, you're going to DIE!"

Feeling powered up, Chunk dashed towards Leigh with Quick Attack, but already preparing Thunder Fang for the assault should he manage to latch on; it was his chance, even if it meant being brutally damaged.

Megaman765

Years
    "Stop... doing this to me..." Leigh said trying to get out of the corruption's grasp. His eyes began to glow a bright red once more. "Reckless... Do you want me dead out of anger or fear?" The Possessed blob said to Chunk. Leigh responded to Chunk's quick attack by using Rollout. Spinning at rapid speeds, He charged toward Chunk as he did the same. "Start running..."

D. Lawride

Years
    "Reckless... Do you want me dead out of anger or fear?" 'Leigh' taunted him as they collided and Chunk was sent flying back to hit the wall again and fall to the ground.

"Revenge." He said as he got up and prepared to try Thunder Fang once again, pouncing at his foe.

Megaman765

Years
    "Ack!" Leigh was once again in Chunk's teeth, with jolts of electricity seeping through him. As he struggled getting out, The corrupt blotch began to bubble up once more, this time preparing for something different. "N...no! s...Stop it! I don't want to fight!" Leigh said trying to regain control of his mind. Dark energy was surrounding Leigh as the corrupt blotch began to go more out of control then ever.

Leigh broke out of Chunk's bite and began to emit a strong energy. The red glow in Leigh's eyes were as strong as ever. "Stop!!" Leigh yelled, as a large pulse of darkness surrounded him and struck everything nearby. Shadow wave was performed. Furniture was leveled slightly, and one of the nearby windows shattered into pieces.

jarchio

Years
    "R-RahHhhhHH" Jarchio stuttered electricity pulsing through him. Quickly he stood chunks bite mark in his arm. Suddenly he looked up, "Great" he said just as the black pulse blasted him against a wall. As he slowly slid off the wall he felt his mark burn. "STOP" he yelled his head throbbing. Quickly he used extremespeed bashing into leigh then again to bash into chunk.

Reaching the middle of the room, Jarchio stumbled but quickly regained his footing on the wrecked floor. Quickly using bone rush to intimidate the two. "Enough" He yelled. Suddenly his arm burned more making him flinch. "No more fighting" He said standing again.

Last edited:

New2

<--- Your squishy doom.
    Years
    Xell had made his way to a guest room, just like everyone else had. He had promptly fallen asleep, and had began to dream something rather pleasant... although he wouldn't remember it when he woke up.

His dream was that he was a Larvitar again. He could carry things normally, unlike his rather inconveniencing cocoon stage. He was digging through all sorts of dirt, leveling mountains and causing havoc, just like his mischievous mother had. It wouldn't be permanent; he knew he would repair it, but now, he was testing how quickly he could level the mountain. All of the sudden, his perspective changed, and he was watching himself as a Larvitar dig through the mountains, like he once had. He had tunneled through, and with the help of some of his old friends, they would lop the top off of the mountain. It was always fun... kind of like a prank. He had done it before, but it was rather hard now, seeing as he was oval shaped. Nevertheless, he didn't happen to be thinking about that. For now, he was a Larvitar.

All of the sudden, a window shattered, disturbing his deep, deep slumber. He bolted upright, forgetting his dream entirely. He bolted out of the guest room in time to see the Pokemon he had met the day before clashing. He didn't understand what was happening. "No more fighting." came from the Riolu. He turned his attention to the Shinx and the Solosis. They had been fighting? Over what? Xell hadn't noticed Leigh's eyes, despite his frantic searching of clues (which brought him nowhere).

"What's going on?" Xell said, still startled, sleepy, and confused.

SamuraiMaster

Years
    OOC: I'm really tempted to just bring Bruno and Hirotaro home. Michael, we need you buddy!

IC

Layne wasn't so sure what was happening. He was drifting, but at the same time he was fighting for his life. But it didn't make sense. He couldn't see his foe. But his foe was dark...indeed very dark. Corruption...

"What's causing this?"

"It's you.....you're the one causing this!"

That Layne recognized as Chunk's voice. It then kicked into Layne's mind. He was dreaming. But this.......sounded kinda real to be a dream. Darkness shot out at Layne...and he...

...moved his head to the right to get out of it's way.....but ended up bashing his head against the guest room wall. Layne grasped his head, while still on the floor and cursed. If he needed a reason to stop sleeping on the floor, there was one.

Strange, the sounds of battle were continuing. But why? He was awake now...

Jaricho's voice spoke up, "Enough! No more fighting!"

Layne managed to sit up, and look over. "What in the name of..."

Layne got up fast, and ran over to the area of combat. Chunk was in the middle of heavy battle against Leigh.

Damn it....why didn't I see this coming?

Layne spoke up, "Guys!" Layne had had almost enough of this crusade of Chunk's. If this was instinctive, it was going too far. He also noticed Leigh was slightly out of whack. He didn't have much of an explanation for that, but he did NOT want the guild members hearing this ruckus and kicking them out. He'd rather not fight for his life outside tonight.

With that in mind, Layne charged up a powerful Water Pulse and shot it at both Chunk and Leigh. "Enough!"

Back