• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PMD: Exploration and Corruption of the New Frontier (IC)(PG-13)

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
    Alaska watched everybody go into the guest rooms. She was pretty hungry, so she went over to the Pokémon serving the meals. Alaska sat at a table in the dining hall, quickly bulldozing through the food on her plate. A Treecko watched her eat with wide eyes.

"Do you want this? I'm full," he said, handing Alaska a loaf of Oran Berry bread.

"Are you sure you don't want that??" Alaska asked with a grin as she accepted the bread loaf. Suddenly, she remembered Leigh. With a gasp, she leapt away towards the rooms, dropping the bread on a table. A group of explorers crowded around the bread, still hungry because of the limit of food a Pokémon usually gets.

"Guys!" a voice said from one of the rooms. It sounded like Layne. "Enough!" Layne exclaimed as Alaska broke inside. She scanned the room and saw what appeared to be a fight going on. Layne shot a Water Pulse at Chunk and Leigh.

"What's going on?" asked Xell from his bed. "Yeah, what is happening?!" Alaska asked. Leigh was… fighting? That made no sense. Chunk must've provoked Leigh in some way, or else this wouldn't have occurred. Alaska was tempted to join in on this fight, on Leigh's side of course, but it wouldn't end too well with all of the Pokémon fighting. Chunk, Leigh, Layne, Jarchio, Xell and Alaska would likely get kicked out if they were caught.

((OOC: I hate to be negative, but something tells me that Michael isn't going to be posting soon... :/ ))

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
    Years
    ((OOC: Holy snap that's a lot of attacks D: ))

No sooner did everything start rising than it fell to the ground again right before Chunk was hit by a multitude of attacks, almost rendering him unconcious.

He managed, however, to see many people running into the room, among which was Layne and Leigh's Sneasel friend.
    The Shinx struggled to get up, only to hit the ground, exhausted.

"This... is what you get for letting corruption run free." He said, looking up at Layne. "You get more corruption, and a trail of destruction."

He felt like he couldn't even lift his head up, so he ended up colapsing on the spot.

((OOC: Eeeh, gotta agree with Night there.))

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
    (You'd think shadow wave would have hurt enough :p)

Steam was coming out of Leigh after performing the new attack... but the blotch wasn't finished. It was prepared to use Leigh to make Chunk fear him and never look at him with the same smug look. Perhaps he had it coming... but not like this. The Shadow wave hit everything surrounding Leigh as he was quickly attacked by both Jarchio's bone rush, and Layne's Water pulse. who had just woken up in response to all of the commotion. Leigh was hit by both attacks and barely shrugged them off. Chunk had fallen to the ground but Leigh still wanted to fight... Just fight fight fight...

"Oh! Help is that it?! Well I got more where that came from!!! Kill the Carrier!!! Great plan!" Leigh said, Piercing both Layne and Jarchio's minds with Psyshock. He even hit Chunk with one more Psyshock to make sure he was really down and out. He then turned back at both Xell and Alaska. Leigh's eyes were glowing a bright red and the corrupt blotch was still attached to Leigh's inner core. "Try me. I dare you." Leigh's eyes stoped glowing red as he attempted to resist the blotch's attempts to control him."Stop... We made our point..." Leigh said to himself. The red glow was glowing more dim as Leigh attempted to regain his senses.

(ooc: Yeah... Personally I feel deprived of Retus's character :/)

Last edited:

NightOfRemorse

Years
    Leigh took out Chunk with his corrupted attacks. Looking closely at his eyes, Alaska noticed they were glowing a bright red. "Try me. I dare you," Leigh said.

Alaska just stared at Leigh. "What...?" Oh, of course, the blotch. "Leigh! Don't let that glob of fungus control your mind! You're better than that!" Alaska exclaimed, running toward Leigh.

If the blotch tried anything, well, she would have to do her best to fight it back. The corruption was nothing to be taken lightly, though. Chunk just found this out the hard way, and so did everybody here.

Alaska wasn't planning to attack, but if the corrupted blotch saw her quick approach as a threat, that would tell her more about how its "mind" worked.

Megaman765

Years
    "Ugh..." Leigh released a weak Psyshock on Alaska. "We've made out point... indeed..." Leigh said as he edged closer to Alaska with the look of murder in his eyes. The blotch slowly detached itself from Leigh's inner core. The red glow in Leigh's eyes began to dim out and Leigh had control over his mind again.

"Wha...Alaska...?" Leigh turned behind him and noticed the mess he made. Chunk was knocked out cold, and the rest of Team Salvadores was likely injured. "I...Did I do this...?" Leigh said shaking in fear. He floated around the room with his eyes wide open, heading toward the broken window. "...Did the corruption really get the better of me?" He said turning back to the demolished room.

Lightning struck behind Leigh as he backed away, As if he were about to float out the window and never come back. Just the thought made tears start to fall out of his eyes. He hurt a whole team due to that... thing he carried.

NightOfRemorse

Years
    Alaska continued running until she stopped in front of Leigh. He released a weak Psyshock on her, but it did absolutely nothing.

"We've made our point indeed..." Leigh, or better yet, the corruption, said. The blotch detached itself from Leigh. Good riddance. Leigh's eyes returned to normal.

"Wha...Alaska...?"
    Leigh turned behind him and noticed the mess he made. "I...Did I do this...?" Leigh asked, shaking fearfully. He floated around the room with his eyes wide open, heading toward the broken window.

"...Did the corruption really get the better of me?"
    Alaska looked at him sadly, feeling bad about how he must have felt. Lightning struck as Leigh backed away.

"No... Leigh... don't feel bad. Please don't," Alaska said, "you had no control over this. It wasn't your fault." Alaska looked around the room at everyone. It would be very awkward to explain this afterward. It was, however, absolutely necessary. Where would they begin?

Megaman765

Years
    Alaska was right. Leigh had no control over it. That was the major problem. He couldn't control it. The same thing could happen again. He was afraid... He didn't want to leave, or run away from his problems. That wouldn't solve anything. But... He couldn't stay in the guild. Not after this. How was he going to be forgiven now that they knew the corrupt substance in Leigh was active?

"...They won't let me sleep in here. Not like this... I.. I'm sorry... I need some time alone..." Leigh said, backing up into the Heavy Rain. The lightning made a blinding flash, And with that, Leigh dissapeared. At least, Thats what it looked like, but he really just went off to hide in a far off bush to completely blend in. He began crying, feeling responsible for the mayhem he had just caused. He couldn't get over the feeling... That small blotch released all of Leigh's inner thoughts. All of the darker ones that he wanted to hide.

New2

<--- Your squishy doom.
    Years
    "Try me. I dare you."

Xell held his guard, unflinching, and watched Alaska negotiate with Leigh. Suddenly, Leigh regained control. Upon observation of the damage he had caused, he began to shake and cry. Alaska tried to comfort him, but Xell looked down... thinking very hard, still slightly sleepy. Leigh had done this, but unknowingly. Could he control it? And then, a nastier side of Xell kicked in. Obviously, he can't control it. He had difficulty coming out of it, and even now, we don't know when the blotch will kick back in. But what to do... Xell didn't want to think about it. It was enough for one day. He figured that all could be thought and dealt with with rational though, and foresight.

"It's not your fault... maybe it's just acting up... because..." Xell didn't finish. The words came out hollow and empty. Xell didn't even know what to do. He wandered toward a wall, leaned against it, and sighed heavily.

jarchio

Worst nightmare, best ally
    Years
    Jarchio completely out didnt stir. Although he could breath and hear, he couldnt see or feeling anything other then his arm. Wow he thought maybe chunk was right. Slowly his body control came back. Suddenly he grasped his arm which he noticed the glowling to be brighter then it ever has.

"Well that was fun" He said a little dilarious. Taking a few steps he collapsed with loud snores and groans of pain.

Last edited:

Megaman765

Years
    Rain continued to fall from the sky as Leigh kept hidden in one of the bushes near the guild. He was used to sleeping like this but the rain didn't help much. It was so heavy that he could feel it pouring through the leaves. Leigh was still crying due to the earlier events.

"Suck it up. You showed him who the boss is around here. The Shinx is scared to death I bet. He'll never want to pick a fight with you again and if he does, Well you'll be able to handle it." The blotch said in Leigh's mind.

"I didn't want to hurt his entire team though! I'm going to make more enemys then friends at this rate... Just what are you anyways?" Leigh questioned. The blotch didn't respond. It ignored Leigh and continued acting like a normal blotch... if one were to call it "normal"

Leigh peeked outside the bush and checked the guild. All the lights were still on. Everybody was probably getting ready to sleep. Starring at the broken window again, he felt worse. He wondered what everyone else was thinking. Some might have been forgiving, but he didn't even know the team that he attacked. He stopped peeking out the bush and fell asleep.

(Had to come up with something to bump it. Keep this thing ALIVE! :o)

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
    Years
    OOC: BUMP I am feeling better. We still wanna keep it up? Sorry this isn't much of a post.

IC:

Layne sighed. He was a bit sore due to the attack he had just taken. No doubt that when Chunk woke up, he'd get a mouthful. He wasn't at all looking forward to it. Layne picked up Chunk's sleeping body, sighing. This is gonna be a long hard ride...

Layne looked over at Leigh, who looked a bit conflicted. Layne shrugged and put Chunk down in his bed. Layne sat down on a wooden chair then and tried to relax. He couldn't find it in himself to relax...

jarchio

Years
    Amazing enough Jarchio quickly woke up to see that he made it to a bed before colapsing. "lucky me." he groaned while the teeth marks still showed. "I hope that doesnt leave a scar..." slowly he went back to sleep with only the occasional groan of pain or rolling around.

(bump it up XD)

Last edited:

SamuraiMaster

Years
    OOC: Okay.....Michael if you ever come back, giv eme a shout!

IC:

Hirotaro paused in the falling rain, and closed his eyes. The collapsed Retus lay at his feet. He stood to his full height. The other outlaw had fled with his lackeys apparently, because he was no where in sight. "Bruno, let's head back to the guild. It's getting late."

Bruno came to Hirotaro's side. "You're just gonna leave him?"
    "There are more important matters to handle except for this....outlaw. Let us go."

Bruno obviously did not like this idea of letting the outlaw go, but nodded and followed, leaving the battered Retus in the rain...

Megaman765

Years
    Rain... It was the only thing Retus felt in his current state. He was heavily wounded from the previous battle and had nowhere to go. He heard footsteps, growing quieter and quieter as the sound distanced itself. Both Bruno and Hirotaro left Retus for dead.

"typical..." Retus thought to himself. "I...If I could just... move..." Nothing. Retus was finished for now. In this state he could probably be some other Pokemon's lunch.

Hours passed. Retus finally regained consciousness, however he was wounded. And being a wanted criminal, He wasn't about to hand himself in like this. There wasn't any berries around either what with the corrupt environment.

"Gah... I can't believe that Zangoose bailed. We could have taken out both of them." Retus said to himself, holding onto his shoulder. "I really didn't want to do this... but..." Retus held onto one of his black wristbands and loosened it up a little. As it loosened, streams of black smoke passed through it. With the Wristband loose, He was less protected from further corruption and allowed more of it to get into his body. After he felt he had enough, Retus quickly re tightened the wristband to stop more of it from hurting his mind.

"Kehehe, Much better." Retus said, feeling the seams of corruption flow through his body. The pain didn't feel as bad as it had before, And Retus hadn't lost his mind yet. He noded to himself and started to slowly walk down the pathway to the guild.

jarchio

Years
    "ohhhhh....." jarchio groaned all his pain from the fight making room for the angry grumble in his lower chest. "to..... Many...... Gummies....." He groaned before his cheeks puffed and gaged. Quickly he ran to a window to get some fresh air....... Breathing deeply to stop himself from vomiting he closed his eyes. Opening his eyes he noticed two pokemon walking towards the guild. "W-whose that...." he wondered. Jarchio sat there watching as the two rapidly aproached. Quickly he walked over to the buizel sleeping and woke him up. "sorry... But were you expecting some explorers to return soon...." he asked layne.

Last edited:

D. Lawride

Years
    (OOC: Da bump)

"Ugh..." Chunk complained as he felt his senses coming back to him. What had happened before passing out or even what led to it was still a foggy memory, but he faintly remembered having fou... "Grnh..." That he felt right there, while trying to stretch his front legs, that pain that struck as soon as he moved, immediately got him to remember the events of that night. The fight against that corrupted form of Leigh's. How he was right and how everyone was still against him for thinking so.

Looking around, he sawhe was in his bed, while Layne sat on a wooden chair, not quite asleep, but apparently not quite awake. He could only conclude that the Buizel had brought him there from the room where the fight had taken place.

But just as he was about to talk, Jarchio walked over to his partner and spoke up.
    Someone coming?

And above all, did this kid still think he was in the team?
    If so, Chunk probably didn't have a problem with it... if not... well, he was fine anyways. The kid had shown to be strong, but not exactly bright.

He decided against talking, and instead lowered his head, keeping his eyes open to hear the conversation. The battle still echoed in his mind... what could have happened to Leigh?

SamuraiMaster

Years
    OOC: Been busy with work. Apologies.
    EDIT: Okay lets make a post.

IC:
    Layne was shaken awake by the Riolu. Explorers? Return? Perhaps the guildmaster had finally decided to show up...

Oh damn me to hell.....this kid probably still thinks I'm guildmaster.

Layne was now cornered. He shot his waking partner a look. You better have a damn good explanation fo this whole thing.....

Screw it. Layne was dead either way in his mind. "Look, kid. Stop calling me by name as if I'm superior. To be perfectly honest, I am just a normal explorer."

Last edited:

jarchio

Years
    Jarchio frowned and took a step back. "so you both lied to me...." he mumbled with anger and sadness mixed together. "well then....." He said cheerfully now. "If the REAL guildmaster is as friendly as you were..... You'll have to stop calling me kid.... Deal?" Jarchio smiled and started walking back to a bed. "oh and Dont worry I might be small but i can think up a lie that wont getcha in trouble..." Jarchio slowly yawned and laid back pretending to sleep.

Atleast he confessed jarchio thought as he smiled. Slowly he frowned again.
    Now comes the real trial.... Wether i get in or not..... Please..... PLEASE... let me get in. I need a home... Jarchio slowly closed his eyes as his last word rang in his mind. 'home'. Slowly a tear or two rolled from his eyes as he slowly fell asleep.

D. Lawride

Years
    The Riolu's reoky made Chunk frown; they needed to stop calling him a kid? Or else what? It's not like he could hurt them all that much - or at least not Layne, since the Shinx was injured as is. And an excuse?

"Humph." Chunk only said, turning to his partner. He was undoubtly worried about what was going to happen when the guildmaster returned, judging from his look. "He pondered over their situation for a moment before turning back to the Buizel again. "We're leaving as soon as morning breaks. To the mountains."

Back