• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PMD: how many times have you cried?

Belong

somewhere out there
Years
  • I have cried several times while playing this game. I mean, so much is going on and it gets to you... I cried when I(Totodile) vanished after saving the world. And when my partner (Pikachu) was reunited with totodile. So, how many times have you felt emotional or even shed some tears? What parts made your heart race or that suprised you?

Gimmepienow

Man-Eating Diglett!
    Years
  • I hte to sound like I have no emotions but I've never cried at any game actually.

But I have to admit, the end of PMD was a pretty good plot twist.

Haven't finished PMD 2 yet so who knows what may happen there.

Chaos Uxie

Spreading Chaos....
    Years
  • I hte to sound like I have no emotions but I've never cried at any game actually.

But I have to admit, the end of PMD was a pretty good plot twist.

Haven't finished PMD 2 yet so who knows what may happen there.
    So ur playing PMD2 huh well that game is even more emotional then 1 tho i only cried one time(just some tears)

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • I cried at the at the end of both PMD1 and PMD2 when my partner got heartbroken.

I also cried in frustration when I couldn't beat primal Dialga.

Chatot Lover

happy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2013
    So far Ive completed the main story on PMD2 twice and I cried both times because the ending is just so saddening. I think the most sorrowful part was when Piplup (my partner) was on the beach having those memories about Pikachu (me) and collapsed in the sand with Bidoof standing there.
    It's funny since I have never cried at any movie, game etc. but I did on both PMDs. Although I can't remember the ending of the first Mystery Dungeon, I remember crying a lot and when I bought PMD2 I thought that this game's story couldn't beat the first one but yes, it actually has an even better story than the first PMD. I love these games so much!

@Belong
    Haha, when I completed PMD2 for the first time I also was a Totodile and my partner was a Pikachu :)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I did not cry but I was very sad when I first played PMD 2 and Manaphy had to leave me :( I mean I really like that little guy :)
    So I rushed to complete the game to have him back :)
    And I was extremely moved when Mana returned :)
    But I did not cry...

Years
  • Although I can't remember the ending of the first Mystery Dungeon,

The ending for Mystery Dungeon 1 I believe is when you beaten Rayquaza and then Rayquaza stops the meteorite/falling star from crashing down.After that you are seen at a "dream" and Gengar drags you and ditches you alone. Now after that you are at the peak of Xatu's place.Note that your character is the person who was causing the disasters and earthquakes.After giving peace to the world,your role of being a Pokemon is done,eventually you disappear and everyone is left sad. (but you come back)

I only felt pretty emotional for the ending of PMD2 but I did not cry. It's actually my favourite ending on how it's pretty based on friends and teamwork.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • I've never gotten to the point where I actually shed any tears, but I did get sad:

• At the ending.
    • When Armaldo was arrested.
    • When Manaphy was taken away.
    • When Caterpie cried in the first Mystery Dungeon from your character leaving.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • i cried everytime the game ended it was so sad i was always pikachu and my partner was squirtle i called it squirt but when i came back it cheered me up

Ikitsumi

Oh geez, look what I made.....
    Years
  • I'm a total sucker for sad cutscenes and emotional stuff, so I cried...a lot. TwT

I was an Eevee named Ikitsumi, my Riolu partner Karakusk was crying...and it made me cry, no matter how many times I've seen this ending.

Other times I've cried:
    Red Rescue Team - Disappearing + coming back
    Time/Darkness - Grovyle went back to the future with Dusknoir, I disappeared, partner was having memories of us and ended up crying (and I cried throughout possibly the BEST ending theme music ever), I came back, Manaphy left, Manaphy came back
    Sky - Same as Time/Darkness, Igglybuff and Armaldo say goodbye, Grovyle and Celebi's sunrise (and the stuff after that)

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • I have never cried playing PMD games at all but it has made me somewhat sad though. Like the storyline for sky/darkness/time almost made me cry at the end.

sasuneuchiha

Neither Darkness nor Light...
    Years
  • Once...I cried at the very end of Mystery Dungeon Red...it was really sad...

After that, I kinda manned up and didn't get too emotional other than the endings and when they took Manaphy (cause I really wanted him to just join me then).

Aza

Years
  • I've played PMD1 and PMD2 and I didn't cry for either ending, but it just made me sad in the end how the team was breaking up.

Back