• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pogeymanz (PG)

Kabutopzilla

TROPHANT
Years
  • New sprite comic, based on Pokemon.

DESCRIPTION: OMG ANOTHER POKEMON SPRITE COMIC THAT FOLLOWS ONE OF THE GENERATION'S PLOTLINES WHAT TO DO WHAT TO DO

wut

Rated PG for constant rude humor, minimal language, and occasional drug reference.

1: no u
    2: The First Fight
    3: Messin' With Sasquatch...Sorta
    4: Team Nubzorz

---------------------------------

Yes, it's PG. That means little swearing. Especially compared to Buttshot.

Feedback is warmly welcome. No, really, it is. If you got something to say, please say it. I don't want the best chance I have to get good feedback from here to be ruined.
    Enjoy.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
  • When I saw the title I was:
    "Yay! Someone actually is making a comic! :DDDD"

But, the generation mixing is outward rediculous.

:/

The humor could use a tune up,
    and it could use different text bubbles so I don't have to squint to see what's written on the sides of them.

Well, in any case,
    I've seen MUCH worse.

In other news:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • This is... actually one of the better comics I've seen lately. I got at least one cheap laugh from each one, which is more than I can usually say. The Generation mixing is a little off-putting, but as this clearly isn't a serious comic, I didn't let it bother me too much.

My main concern is the speech bubbles. Make them just a little bit bigger, maybe.

Matt Silver

Who Do You Think?
    Years
  • This is... actually one of the better comics I've seen lately. I got at least one cheap laugh from each one, which is more than I can usually say. The Generation mixing is a little off-putting, but as this clearly isn't a serious comic, I didn't let it bother me too much.

My main concern is the speech bubbles. Make them just a little bit bigger, maybe.

What he said.

The Gen-mixing is probably the one thing that I really dislike, but I can see the humour is trying to make up for it. Keyword: trying. My other concern is that, you know, it's a bunch of random events for randomness sake. One comic has your hero chasing his rival for no apparent reason, one has a random jump to second gen graphics and one has an old man with Crasher Wake's trainer sprite using a Level 11 Rhydon and an Arceus named Kenny.

The point I'm trying to make is that you're either trying to make random after random for humour's sake (And not really succeeding beyond cheap laughs), or you're actually trying to make a coherent comic and throwing the word 'coherent' out the window. Which is it? Cause it'd be easier to constructively criticise if I knew.

My opinion is that this comic is of the former category, and is thus a random comic for random's sake with gen-mixing and some failed jokes, and the constructive crit is basically what everybody else has said and a bit of the above concerns. Happy comicking.

Kabutopzilla

TROPHANT
    Years
  • If by 'coherent' you mean 'serious', then you would be correct, it is of the former category.

As 'serious' often means 'awesomely action-y' or 'awesomely romantical'. The former which is ridiculously difficult to pull off correctly in a sprite comic, the latter being just plain dull to do. :/

And wow. You guys are much better at constructive criticism compared to SPPf. SPPf only knows how to rudely flame while pointing out everything bad and ignoring anything good.

Though I do believe, Matt, that I see you in the Fan-Comics section there...I recall considering asking you to criticize my comic, but I declined the consideration when I saw that no reviewing agency was existent in the board. (see, as you probably know, the only comics that get attention at SPPf are the Pokemon-based romances)

I shall heed everyone's advice, attempt to be a little more clever in the humor department, and shorten down the Guassian Blur effect I use to make my speech bubbles (which is plain strange that it only seems to look right in Buttshot, a comic that if I posted here, it would get torn down). I refuse to do anything about the Gen-mixing, though, and that's primarily due to lack of resources. I would have started off the journey in Twinleaf, include the lakes, and make the whole map Sinnoh-oriented, but sadly, no Sinnoh rips can be found. So, I'm stuck with using Kanto and Hoenn. Other reasons include making fun of the people who refuse to try and enjoy DPPt because they believe GSC were the best evar.

So, anyway, yeah, thank you all, and good day.

Now, I am off to make a new installment for Pogeymanz.

Matt Silver

Who Do You Think?
    Years
  • Yep. Coherent = Serious comic, basically. Also, SPPF Comicker's has a strong tendency to overreact to constructive crit (Of course, there are some exceptions), and that's probably why you'll never find it there. Like now, I'm pretty sure you'd be one of the exceptions, given that you didn't threaten to hang me by my toenails for dropping some crit. Lack of resources... makes sense for the Gen-Mixing.

Keep doing what you're doing; I'll be checking out the new ones as they come.

P.S. I have to wonder though, which comics on SPPF would you classify as "Pokemon Romance"? Is that like the Journey Comics like Beco's and EvilPikachu's, or am I missing something?

Kabutopzilla

TROPHANT
    Years
  • Yep. Coherent = Serious comic, basically.

Then there you go. :)

Also, SPPF Comicker's has a strong tendency to overreact to constructive crit (Of course, there are some exceptions), and that's probably why you'll never find it there. Like now, I'm pretty sure you'd be one of the exceptions, given that you didn't threaten to hang me by my toenails for dropping some crit.

I'm okay with any crit as long as the critic doesn't point out the bad in a harsh and rude way, then completely ignore the good, thus ultimately discouraging the author as if the critic's goal was to have the author drop the project from existence entirely.

So, in short, I'm okay with any crit as long as the critic isn't Yami Ryu. :P (Well, at least her art critiques aren't nearly as terribly harsh as her fanfic critiques)

P.S. I have to wonder though, which comics on SPPF would you classify as "Pokemon Romance"? Is that like the Journey Comics like Beco's and EvilPikachu's, or am I missing something?

I guess I was being a tad stereotypical on that count, but it seems that if a romance comic is made and is even only pulled off in a mediocre way, it is immediately a hit.

I'd give an analogy comparing that to pop music, but I think I've already made my point clear. :P

Lack of resources?

Then, why don't you make your own maps useing tiles from FR/LG, or just using Kanto or Hoenn? :/

Because it's agonizing enough to arrange each panel even with pre-made map layouts.

Anyway.....

5: The First Gym
    6: BUT YOU SAID!!!!!

#5 I finished yesterday and posted it on dA and SJ, #6 I started and finished today.

#7 is on the way.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
  • Then there you go. :)

I'm okay with any crit as long as the critic doesn't point out the bad in a harsh and rude way, then completely ignore the good, thus ultimately discouraging the author as if the critic's goal was to have the author drop the project from existence entirely.

So, in short, I'm okay with any crit as long as the critic isn't Yami Ryu. :P (Well, at least her art critiques aren't nearly as terribly harsh as her fanfic critiques)

I guess I was being a tad stereotypical on that count, but it seems that if a romance comic is made and is even only pulled off in a mediocre way, it is immediately a hit.

I'd give an analogy comparing that to pop music, but I think I've already made my point clear. :P

Because it's agonizing enough to arrange each panel even with pre-made map layouts.

Anyway.....

5: The First Gym
    6: BUT YOU SAID!!!!!

#5 I finished yesterday and posted it on dA and SJ, #6 I started and finished today.

#7 is on the way.

...?

agonizing?
    and, agonizing to place panels? are you serious?

Kabutopzilla

TROPHANT
    Years
  • You mean like take out all the other DPPt people, but keeping Anon?

Or what? If you mean devamping, that's a big no for me. I couldn't devamp Pokemon sprites to save my life.

Anyway, do you think I'm improving at all in terms of the text boxes (the Gaussian Blur I use for text boxes was toned down since #6) and humor?

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
  • I simply love this comic - I have no bad comments except that I dont like the bad language very much..

Keep it up! I really like this comic and it is really funny!

Back