• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pogeymanz (PG)

Years
  • I like how it's a sprite comic that's not a dead baby comedy and is actually sort of humorous; rather than just throwing whatever you want in there and seeing what sticks, you actually make an effort to build up to a joke (I like the Kabutops' quest to change his horrible nickname, f'rexample). What your comic suffers from is lack of visual flair. You generate some humor from the generation mixing, but I bet it'll get stale after a while. And I think you could better convey the battles in the overworld, with hovering HP bars or something. Some color would be nice, too-- get a better logo, have characters' speech be different colors (this also helps by making it less confusing).

Pretty good, as comics go, really. I wish more were like this rather than over-the-top dramatic or shamefully brutal and depressing while calling it comedy. I'll keep an eye on this. :3

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
  • You mean like take out all the other DPPt people, but keeping Anon?

Or what? If you mean devamping, that's a big no for me. I couldn't devamp Pokemon sprites to save my life.

Anyway, do you think I'm improving at all in terms of the text boxes (the Gaussian Blur I use for text boxes was toned down since #6) and humor?

Um, no.

I mean actually making them FR/LG style.

Not taking out anty characters, I'm saying make FR/LG versions of your characters, instead of sticking with D/P/Pt Overworlds.

I mean, Bob, for example, being a generic lab assitant, his translated FR/LG is the generic Oak's Aide in FR/LG.

No.
    I still do not like the way you make text bubbles. T_T
    The blur itself makes it worse, if you ask me.

Oh, and since I HAD to:

I simply love this comic - I have no bad comments except that I dont like the bad language very much..

Keep it up! I really like this comic and it is really funny!

...pttttttttttttttthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh XD

Kabutopzilla

TROPHANT
    Years
  • Codec said:
    I simply love this comic - I have no bad comments except that I dont like the bad language very much..

Keep it up! I really like this comic and it is really funny!

Thanks!

And about the bad language. It is minimal. Meaning, it will not be very frequent at all.

At least it does not swear as much as Buttshot. THAT'S overdoing the language. :B

ZephyrPlusle said:
    I like how it's a sprite comic that's not a dead baby comedy and is actually sort of humorous; rather than just throwing whatever you want in there and seeing what sticks, you actually make an effort to build up to a joke (I like the Kabutops' quest to change his horrible nickname, f'rexample).

Thanks!

What your comic suffers from is lack of visual flair. You generate some humor from the generation mixing, but I bet it'll get stale after a while. And I think you could better convey the battles in the overworld, with hovering HP bars or something. Some color would be nice, too-- get a better logo, have characters' speech be different colors (this also helps by making it less confusing).

Yeah, I'll try to work on my visual presentation. It is definitely among my weaker areas in comic-making.

I think I've made an improvement on the overworld battles in #9, in my opinion. (#9 is at the bottom of this post) But overall, thanks for the advice. (as you can see, I heeded some of it) I might try the different colored text, too.

Pretty good, as comics go, really. I wish more were like this rather than over-the-top dramatic or shamefully brutal and depressing while calling it comedy. I'll keep an eye on this. :3

Thanks for the crit. :)

Um, no.

I mean actually making them FR/LG style.

Not taking out anty characters, I'm saying make FR/LG versions of your characters, instead of sticking with D/P/Pt Overworlds.

I mean, Bob, for example, being a generic lab assitant, his translated FR/LG is the generic Oak's Aide in FR/LG.

I can do that for some characters, okay, most, namely the generics. But the Galactic Admins didn't have devamps, and admins were never used in the teams in the 2D games before DPPt (and the recolors I made for them represent characters that have a large role in the plot). And Riley cannot be converted because he too was introduced in DPPt. I can't devamp for crap, so Riley and the admins are screwed over.

So, now do you understand what I mean when I say the sin can't be fully purified?

No.
    I still do not like the way you make text bubbles. T_T
    The blur itself makes it worse, if you ask me.

Fair enough...it's just, it looked sooo good on Buttshot, I figured it'd look good on another comic. :/

...pttttttttttttttthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh XD

...Wait, what?

Anyway, new strip, this one full of action as well as humor:

9: Battle on the Sun

Weatherman Kiyoshi

Years
  • I can do that for some characters, okay, most, namely the generics. But the Galactic Admins didn't have devamps, and admins were never used in the teams in the 2D games before DPPt (and the recolors I made for them represent characters that have a large role in the plot). And Riley cannot be converted because he too was introduced in DPPt. I can't devamp for crap, so Riley and the admins are screwed over.

So, now do you understand what I mean when I say the sin can't be fully purified?

Fair enough...it's just, it looked sooo good on Buttshot, I figured it'd look good on another comic. :/

Practice makes perfect.

I mean, how do you expect to overcome difficulties if you don't practice?
    How do you think great spriters came to be the way they are today?

Lack of enthusiam is staggering.

I suggest you make better looking ones,
    with no blurs what-so-ever.

Kabutopzilla

TROPHANT
    Years
  • Whoa whoa whoa, what?

Let me get this straight. You want me to put off my comic-making in order to improve on my devamping skills, just so I can fix an issue in my comic that which is really only genuinely bothering you, one person?

I'm not trying to make this comic a top-notch visual treat. There are going to be a few issues, and it won't be perfect. I'm sorry I can't please everyone, but the damage done this far into the comic is permanent (in terms of the Genmixing, that is).

EDIT: I can try different textboxes though.

Last edited:

Weatherman Kiyoshi

Years
  • Whoa whoa whoa, what?

Let me get this straight. You want me to put off my comic-making in order to improve on my devamping skills, just so I can fix an issue in my comic that which is really only genuinely bothering you, one person?

I'm not trying to make this comic a top-notch visual treat. There are going to be a few issues, and it won't be perfect. I'm sorry I can't please everyone, but the damage done this far into the comic is permanent (in terms of the Genmixing, that is).

EDIT: I can try different textboxes though.

LOL YOU PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH.

I never said that.
    In fact, IU suggest you stick with your comic and practice when your bored and have nothing else to do.

So no, you didn't have it straight. :/

You don't have to please everyone,
    I'm just saying how to improve your comic.

If you don't care and don't wnat to improve, that's your own problem.

In fact,
    I still use TUP (Text Under Panel) text boxes even though they're frowned upon and I can make nice looking speech bubbles.

You make your comic the way you want, I'm just offering advice.

Nothing is perfect.
    And stop thinking I want you to make it so, because that's not true.

Kabutopzilla

TROPHANT
    Years
  • LOL YOU PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH.

I never said that.
    In fact, IU suggest you stick with your comic and practice when your bored and have nothing else to do.

So no, you didn't have it straight. :/

Oh... I'm sorry. :( I'm really bad about misreading things.

You don't have to please everyone,
    I'm just saying how to improve your comic.

And I thank you for the most part.

If you don't care and don't wnat to improve, that's your own problem.

I want to improve, it's just how I interpreted your words told me you wanted me to rescue the comic from the Genmixing through devamping.

In fact,
    I still use TUP (Text Under Panel) text boxes even though they're frowned upon and I can make nice looking speech bubbles.

In all honest truth, I would use that, but I am used to traditional textboxes because I stuck with those ever since my ARK days.

You make your comic the way you want, I'm just offering advice.

And again, I thank you for the criticism.

Nothing is perfect.
    And stop thinking I want you to make it so, because that's not true.

And again, sorry for misinterpreting you.

Hey kan any 1 make me a seviper and zangoose pre evolutions for my hack I will give them FULL CREDIT!

Okay, wait, what? Spam much?

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2011
    Hey kan any 1 make me a seviper and zangoose pre evolutions for my hack I will give them FULL CREDIT!

Hi there, Mr. Troll. How's life under your bridge?

This comic is still pretty good, though. The ShadowKiller761 part made me laugh. but why doesn't Kabutops just go to the Name Rater on his own?

Weatherman Kiyoshi

Years
  • Oh... I'm sorry. :( I'm really bad about misreading things.

And I thank you for the most part.

I want to improve, it's just how I interpreted your words told me you wanted me to rescue the comic from the Genmixing through devamping.

In all honest truth, I would use that, but I am used to traditional textboxes because I stuck with those ever since my ARK days.

And again, I thank you for the criticism.

And again, sorry for misinterpreting you.

No problem.

And. since no one ever posts comics anymore,
    I guess I'll have my eye on this.
    I would anyway.

Kabutopzilla

TROPHANT
    Years
  • Hi there, Mr. Troll. How's life under your bridge?

Nah, he just spammed. I highly doubt he's a troll.

This comic is still pretty good, though. The ShadowKiller761 part made me laugh. but why doesn't Kabutops just go to the Name Rater on his own?

Thanks!

He doesn't go on his own because the Name Rater doesn't have a Pokemon translator.

Or does he? :o

No problem.

And. since no one ever posts comics anymore,
    I guess I'll have my eye on this.
    I would anyway.

Thanks. Sorry for the misunderstanding...

10: Unwelcome Appearance

darkerarceus

Advanced RM2K3-er
    Years
  • This is so hilairious me and my little bro (Goldenpalkia) were laughing hard at the end of it and also look what I caught!
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Kabutopzilla

TROPHANT
    Years
  • Gah...I hope double-posting for an update is okay...I mean, it didn't say you COULDN'T anywhere in the rules...

But...if this is some violation, or something, I apologize.

Anywho:

14: Lilph Co.

Kabutopzilla

TROPHANT
    Years
  • Okay... but, the Fakemon Game really has taken a liking to bury this thread, and that means very few comments here. Thus, multi-posting for updates is really my only option if I want people to actually SEE that I've updated.

Also, new one:

15: Teh Great Escape

Back