• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pogeymanz (PG)

[NovaPirate]

And the rest went riding on.
Years

A few threads are made, and suddenly activity in this thread is gone.

wat

You're confusing the lack of activity in this section with a lack of activity in your thread. This place is pretty much dead.
    Was on the rebound. Just keep on pumping out comics and maybe we can dust off the cobwebs.

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
  • Wow man!
    Awesome new eps!!!!
    You inspired me to make some new eps of my comic..
    Now Hurry up and release the next episode!!!!

PatJamma

From the ashes
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    hey man your comic is pretty good! how often do you update it?

obLonG

Now for half price!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2012
    Ok i'll just give you the requested review.

1.This comic is very good anyway but it has the flaws that most comics still have.I'll try to help it there.

2.Layout:
    The layout is pretty good.Though I recommend you put black between the panels as it looks more refined to me.The little title panel is not really needed and a waste of space, you could just put the title at the top of the comic.

3.Plot:
    The plot is just a joke plot in my opinion.With team Nubzorz as the main team just like the Pokemon games.It is very basic and not very interesting.Try putting more originality into it.

4.Appearance
    The appearance of the characters are decent.Though Genmixing is bad!Don't do it.If you want to have a good comic then don't genmix the sprites!Another problem also arises with the genmixing your doing as DS game sprites are larger than the GBA sprites and making the characters larger is helpful but only when you're not genmixing.

5.Speech Bubbles
    Personally the speech bubbles are hard to look at and harder to find out which characters are talking as there is no clear outline.If your using Paint.net then download the outline plugin and outline the bubbles.

6.Characters
    The characters personalties are interesting and they have traits that are commonly liked except for the main character who just seems like a clueless bum with an ultra powerful set of Pokemon.Which is kind of like Ash from the anime, and that isn't very good.

7.Humour
    Your humour is moderately good.Better than a giggle but worse than roar of laughter.When you make a comic rremember that you may take time to make it but it will be better if you go over it and see if the joke is good and the characters are talking the way they are supposed to.Then only will the humour be good.

8.Overall
    It is pretty good for a comic but again as I said it has flaws but it is getting better throuhg and through.Though don't call your comic a "low-budget comic" because as long as you have Paint.net you can do the most amazing graphics instead of just using plain old sprites for everything.

There you go.I hope I helped.

Kabutopzilla

TROPHANT
    Years
  • Thanks for this review.

2.Layout:
    The layout is pretty good.Though I recommend you put black between the panels as it looks more refined to me.The little title panel is not really needed and a waste of space, you could just put the title at the top of the comic.

Well, I post the comic on sites like dA as well, where usually it's very hard not to exceed the character limit in the title part.

3.Plot:
    The plot is just a joke plot in my opinion.With team Nubzorz as the main team just like the Pokemon games.It is very basic and not very interesting.Try putting more originality into it.

Yup, that's exactly what it is. A joke plot. It does nothing more than bring up event after event after event, rinse, repeat, all to open up some situations which humor can be implemented. It will get better as the comic goes on, as still I am only technically in the character introduction stage of the story, but yeah.

4.Appearance
    The appearance of the characters are decent.Though Genmixing is bad!Don't do it.If you want to have a good comic then don't genmix the sprites!Another problem also arises with the genmixing your doing as DS game sprites are larger than the GBA sprites and making the characters larger is helpful but only when you're not genmixing.

I understand people don't like this, but I find the DPPt sprites more colorful and interesting than the previous generations, yet there are minimal maps that tailor to Sinnoh. If I had Sinnoh maps at my disposal, this would not be a problem. This story would take place in Sinnoh, begin in a cheap knock-off of Twinleaf, etc, but a lack of resources calls for me to stick to what I have.

5.Speech Bubbles
    Personally the speech bubbles are hard to look at and harder to find out which characters are talking as there is no clear outline.If your using Paint.net then download the outline plugin and outline the bubbles.

Really? I thought the Pencil Sketch effect I use to finish each text bubble off was more than sufficient for an outline.

6.Characters
    The characters personalties are interesting and they have traits that are commonly liked except for the main character who just seems like a clueless bum with an ultra powerful set of Pokemon.Which is kind of like Ash from the anime, and that isn't very good.

Also intentional (on the subject of [Nameless]). The comic is meant to be a parody of the Pokeverse while having some un-esoteric humor as well. Thus, the main character resembles Ash as part of the satire.

7.Humour
    Your humour is moderately good.Better than a giggle but worse than roar of laughter.When you make a comic rremember that you may take time to make it but it will be better if you go over it and see if the joke is good and the characters are talking the way they are supposed to.Then only will the humour be good.

I could probably start doing that more, but I typically just throw in what I find to be funny.

8.Overall
    It is pretty good for a comic but again as I said it has flaws but it is getting better throuhg and through.Though don't call your comic a "low-budget comic" because as long as you have Paint.net you can do the most amazing graphics instead of just using plain old sprites for everything.

But you see, I suck at Paint.Net other than the aforementioned effects. Plus, I want this to be a comedy, not one of those comics that get nuggetloads of fans solely because the author(s) use over-the-top sexy special effects. (If you have an account on SmackJeeves, you should know exactly what I'm talking about)

Anyway, thanks again for this review. :3

29: Ahsum Akshun

obLonG

Now for half price!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2012
    Your welcome :)
    What I mean with the Paint.net thing is you could use it to make little motion blurs when characters move fast and so on.You don't have to effect ***** everything if you don't want to.

Back