• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity Supporter Minecraft Server

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years

Original Post

Minecraft is a very popular sandbox MMO, and I have little doubt that a lot of our fellow VIPs here play it at least on a weekly basis, if not every day. My question is, what do you guys and gals think of setting up a Minecraft Server specifically for supporters?

Keep in mind that I'm not talking about a vanilla server - it'd definitely be a Bukkit server running a short list of mods (such as WorldEdit/WorldGuard, CommandBook, Lockette/Deadbolt, WarpMaster, HeroChat, et cetera). Currently the latest Bukkit release is 1.6.4, which is only missing Acacia wood and stained glass (no biggie). What do you guys think? What kind of mods should the server have? How should the spawn be organized? Should we use Towny?

Current status-quo

• 11/10/2013@07:38AMUTC: A Bukkit server named BreadCraft has been set up and is public at the static IP address 198.27.99.66 on port 25565. The server is running the following plugins: WorldEdit, WorldGuard, LogBlock, WorldBorder, Votifier, PermissionsEX, Multiverse Core, Multiverse Portals, HeroChat, ChatEx, WarpMaster, CommandBook, Lockette, CreeperControl, SignColorz, and PluginMetrics.
    • 11/10/2013@06:16AMUTC: The server is on its third overhaul, this time accomodating for a multiverse that includes Survival, PVP, Creative, the Nether, and the End. A separate world for a server spawn is nearly complete.
    • 12/01/2013@10:54AMUTC: The server was whitelisted due to incessant vandalism. Spawn has been moved to Spawn3, and the creative server is going to be regenerated manually with WorldEdit.

Other Information

1. The server is 100% open to suggestions! If you think our server should have a plugin we don't already have, then suggest it!
    2. Currently [supporter]Alex[/supporter] (MC username AlexTheRose) is managing the server's costs and backend. If you want to help, just ask!

PokéCommunity Supporter Minecraft Server

Last edited:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    PC already has its own Minecraft server, Craftrum. Craftrum is a casual Survival Multiplayer Server open to everyone. (Members, supporters, staff, even people not from PC; you name it!) If you'd like to find more about the server and perhaps even join in on the fun, check out this thread here! We'd love to have you. c:

Also, if you have any suggestions to improve the server, any feedback or ideas to make the server a better place, feel absolutely free to suggest them!

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    That sounds very interesting. Can a moderator change the topic to reflect that?

I have a public server ready right now if a Supporter server is in demand. I'd never have thought about that before!

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    Okay, I've just finished setting up a Bukkit server running 1.6.4. It has pretty much all the mods that good servers use, and two spawns. There's resources at spawn2, and free land at spawn. The address is 198.27.99.66:25565.

If you're known here on the forums, just tell us your Minecraft username and I'll add you as either a liasion, a mod, or an admin (depending on circumstances). Currently I'm not an admin, instead I'm part of the Janitor usergroup (for those who manage the server but aren't really actual admins).

Also, I think because Pixelmon requires client-side modifications, it's not possible on a multiplayer server. I searched BukkitDev, and nothing for Pixelmon showed up, so I can only assume it's a SP-only mod.

I may be wrong, but I doubt it.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Pixelmon has both a client version and a server version. In order to play on a Pixelmon server you need the Pixelmon client version installed but you certainly can have a Pixelmon server haha, there are loooooads of them out there.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
    I am in full support of a supporter-only MC server. I love this thread. I will love you in the face. apparently this has been going around lately

Alexander Nicholi

Years
    Alright, I'm finished with all five spawns!

Nathan, I've added you in the permissions plugin as a chat liasion, okay? :)

Anyone else can post their Minecraft username, and you'll get a staff position while they're available. :D

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I'm OzzyCake on MC, I'll definitely make sure to check the server out. Hopefully it'll be fully functional before all of PC's stuff goes down?

TY

Im trying to buy this game since i wanna try it out badly, and i would love this a lot since i will get bored on my own xD

Name will be coming up ASAP

Reactions: EB

TY

Pick a good one, and try your best not to use numbers or symbols. :D

That would be quite easy, since its most likely gonna be my PC username, and im gonna be mad if its taken xD
    never had it happen ever before that its taken so i hope for the best :D

Back