• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Acanthite – The GSC Prequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zidane

Acanthite's Head Tile Spriter
Years
  • The point is, it would be virtually impossible to turn a .exe file into a .nds file, even for an expert programmer. This is due to the DS's hardware being comletely different to a PC's. As far as I know, there's no way to even run RMXP games on a Mac without using software to run or emulate Windows, so imagine trying to get it to work on a DS! Also, Pokémon RMXP games tend to run quite slowly on my computer, which has much better hardware than a DS, so it would probably lag horribly on one.
    As for trainer customization, no, it's not that hard to do. However, since Acanthite focuses on the rival from G/S/C, it's best to leave him as he is. It's not much of a difference, though.

Basically what he said.

In order to have it on the DS, the engine will have to be completely done from scratch by somebody who is very good with DS coding. There's definitely no way of converting it (that anyone knows about) so right now, the chance of this being a DS Homebrew game is slim to none unless a very dedicated coder comes along and offers his services (and of course Fang has to agree first).

As for customizing the hero, no. The only customization on his will be the whole Good/Evil ordeal. Basically choosing your own path. No customizing looks wise. Why would you want to anyways? It follows an already made character, not one we made up. :P

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2009
    Basically what he said.

In order to have it on the DS, the engine will have to be completely done from scratch by somebody who is very good with DS coding. There's definitely no way of converting it (that anyone knows about) so right now, the chance of this being a DS Homebrew game is slim to none unless a very dedicated coder comes along and offers his services (and of course Fang has to agree first).

As for customizing the hero, no. The only customization on his will be the whole Good/Evil ordeal. Basically choosing your own path. No customizing looks wise. Why would you want to anyways? It follows an already made character, not one we made up. :P

Ahh, okay. Hmm, Thats actually what I meant, I just didn't say it right XD
    Well, maybe I'll have to learn how to code just to code make this game playable on the DS. I mean, it is possible, just difficult

No, as far as the customization, I was just wondering how simple it was to implement in a game period. No, Kamon is a cool enough character. ;)

Ultimo Spriter

I'm back ...
    Years
  • dudes and dudets this game dosnt need to be transfered to ds my sources have told me recently that next years pokemon game is Pokemon Acanthite and i think it is based on this game.

monkeybard

boop
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Apr 14, 2023
    A quick note:
    Love this game, it's awesome and is very convincing =3 Now, just a reminder, I think that even though kyledove made D/P Like Tiles, I think they were meant to be used with FRLG Style Overworlds. =/ Also, I'd love to be a Trainer Sprite maker....

.:~Luis~:.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • dudes and dudets this game dosnt need to be transfered to ds my sources have told me recently that next years pokemon game is Pokemon Acanthite and i think it is based on this game.
    I'm not quite sure what you mean...

Are you saying that Nintendo will release a game based on this? -_-
    If that's what you're thinking, I can't believe that you believed that. XD

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2009
    dudes and dudets this game dosnt need to be transfered to ds my sources have told me recently that next years pokemon game is Pokemon Acanthite and i think it is based on this game.

OH GAWD. You can't believe how hard I'm laughing!

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
    Omg I almost had a heart-attack from laughing...
    Nintendo does not make games with a good story.
    And what are your sources? William Shakespeare's dramas?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • 0_0 nintendo doesnt make good storylines? Um zelda and mario are 2 pretty fair examples of wht you can do to a repeated story and so is platinum in an odd way. Anyweh if nintendo did make an acanthite game i would go and do a barrel roll.

Anuhrima

Darkness and Rebirth
    Years
  • i like the new redesign for jugilo. i suit him better. i am also making a fan game. it is a prequel to d/p/p,any advise or tutoring you can give me

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    if you want help, theres another part of the forums for it. if you already have some of it done, then you can create your own thread and ask for help with it there by user feedback, but this thread isn't the place

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    yet again, this thread isn't the place for it, whether or not you're saying that you already did it. its one of those things that you just drop

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back