• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Adventure: Follow the Darkness

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Elsie slowly strode along with her little Igglybuff waddling beside her; Elsie stared carefully at her new Pokémon out of the corner of her muddy brown eyes. The little ball of fur began to jump up and down enthusiastically; a grassy plain was laid out a few metres in front of them. Elsie bent down to her little Igglybuff. "Not yet, okay?" she gave the fluff ball a warm smile, picking him up and placing him on her shoulder.

They continued walking, until they passed a sign that stated; "Route 1" Elsie whipped her backpack down on the ground, rummaging through it to find the map or Arkens that she had obtained from Professor Pace. Her finger trailed along until she found exactly where she was standing, she smiled. It won't take that long! C'mon, we do need to train and Igglybuff- Her thoughts were interrupted as Igglybuff jumped off her shoulder and quickly waddled into the tall grass, "Igglybuff! Get back here!" she croaked.

Elsie ran into the tall grass in search of her little Igglybuff, but he was nowhere to be seen. "Igglybuff! Where are you?" she cried, kneeling down and brushing past the thick grass. Igglybuff suddenly ran up and smashed right into Elsie, covering her face completely. "Iggly!" The ball of fur said, and Elsie placed her Pokémon down in the grass as a little bug – like Pokémon slid towards them.
    "Eh, Igglybuff..." Elsie gulped as Igglybuff scattered behind her and her pokédex buzzed in her pocket. Elsie pulled it out hesitantly, backing away slightly from the bug Pokémon.

WURMPLE

"Using the spikes on its rear end, WURMPLE peels the bark off trees and feeds on the sap that oozes out. This Pokémon's feet are tipped with suction pads that allow it to cling to glass without slipping."

The voice mechanically explained.​

"Okay then, Wurmple..." She unclipped an empty pokéball from her snow suit belt and threw it at the Wurmple, a bright light shined and the little Wurmple was shaking in the pokéball, before the pokéball shattered and Wurmple edged closer to Elsie. "Help me, Igglybuff!"

Unexpectedly, Igglybuff crawled out from behind his trainer, now moving in front of Elsie. "Erm...Igglybuff, use defence curl!" A teeny tiny ball formed in front of them, expanding into a green and blue bulb, before vanishing. A white string shot out from the foes horn, hitting Igglybuff right in his chest. "No! Igglybuff! You'll be alright! Please!" Elsie pleaded, still kneeling down behind her Pokémon.

The Wurmple seemed to smirk and tackled the already hurt Igglybuff. Igglybuff stayed motionless on a pressed patch of grass, and Elsie bit her lip in astonishment. "Please, Igglybuff..." The Pokémon began shaking, before picking itself up slowly. "Use charm!" she cried to the fluff ball.

A row of pink love hearts appeared in the gap between the Pokémon, and they were sent flying towards the Wurmple. Making it stumble back and forth, with a twinkle in its eyes.

"Use SING!" she shouted out. A beautiful chime surrounded the atmosphere around them, and the Wurmple stumbled around lazily, its eyes fluttering open and close abruptly. Igglybuff twirled as he sang, and before Elsie knew it the Wurmple was flat on the grass, fast asleep.

Igglybuff crawled back behind Elsie, holding onto her Ugg boots. "Now?" she whispered to herself, unclipping another empty pokéball from her belt buckle and hesitantly throwing it over at the Wurmple at slumber. This time the pokéball lit up with a bright light, and the sleeping bug Pokémon was absorbed into the pokéball, Elsie's eyes widened and Igglybuff peeked over her side in curiosity. The pokéball began shaking vigorously, the middle circle on the ball lighting up and then flicking off multiple times. "You did a good job Igglybuff," she encouraged, her muddy eyes not leaving the jiggling ball.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    mandyy21: That was an alright post, seeing as this is your first Pokemon RP... I'm going to let you have the Wurmple! =D
    You caught a Level 3 Female Wurmple!

Koroc

Just smile and wave.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2011
    Picking up his pokeball Koroc let his newly caught zigzagoon out. He seemed to be happy to be out of his pokeball and started running around in a circle but with a zigzag form to it.

"Hmmm come to think of it I need to name you too." Koroc said scratching his head think of some names for them. "How about Coby for you Elekid?"

The pokemon began to shake his head horizontally and spin his arms in circles. Zigzagoon giggled as he seen Elekid get mad.

"Okay okay how about Watt and for you Zigzagoon Zig?"

The pokemon smiled and shook there head vertically. They began to jump around in a circle smile as if they were having fun. Koroc was happy to see that they were happy. Suddenly Koroc's mood changed quickly as he knew that they were lost but why ruin their happy time. Koroc got up to see if he could find a way out of this grass.

"Only if we…." Koroc stopped as he looked at Zig. "Hey, Zig buddy can you come here real quick."

Zig happily made his way to Koroc and sat on his back legs and stare up at him.

"You traveled through these parts before haven't you.?"

"Zig Zig" the pokemon said nodding his head.

"Would you be able to guide us out of here."

The pokemon jumped on all four legs and pointed Koroc in the direction out of here. Running behind Zig, Koroc and Watt tried to not get too distracted by the way Zig was running. Koroc began to see a buildings in a dictance and began to smile. Almost to the clearance Koroc ran into and shadowy figure and hit the ground pretty hard. His pokemon ran to his side and then look up at the figure. It seemed to be a pretty bulky figure with some kind of a hat on and a big overcoat.

"Hey, you need to watch where you are going." The figure said in a high pitched voice.

"Sorry dude I didn't mean to." Koroc said as he dusted off his clothes and then held his hand out. "My name is Koroc. What's yours?"

"No no no! You got it wrong buddy you don't run into somebody and then not expect them to do anything about it." The man said smiling. "I'm going to have to teach you a lesson in manners."

The man reached into his pockets and grabbed a pokeball. "Time to battle little brat"

"Go Totodile!" Appearing from the man's poke ball was a small blue crocodile pokemon that stood on two legs and had a yellow v on his chest.

"Lets go Zig" Zig jumped up and looked ready for battle. "Okay use growl Zig."

Zig put his head down and then lifted it back up as it let out an intimidating growl. The totodile looked ready to run behind the trainer until it looked up at his trainers face.

"Don't take that. Use a scratch attack and get it out of your way." Totodile ran up to Zig and swung his arm in order to scratch him on the head.

"Zig you have to move that looks pretty strong and then follow it with a tackle."

The zigzagoon jumped back out of the range of the scratch attack and then charge at it hitting it dead on. Totodile slid back and then stomped on the ground to regain balance.

"Totodile lets use scratch again." Totodile ran up to Zig and swung his claw again but this time he made contact. Zig was pushed back and then shook it off pretty easily.

"What, but how did that hardly do anything to your Zigzagoon?" The man said astonished.

"Remember when it growled? Well that lowered your pokemon's attack power." Koroc said smiling. "Okay Zig use tackle one more time."

The totodile did not try to dodge the tackle as it looked towards the trainer to see what to do next. Totodile seemed tired and ready to give up at any moment while Zig stared him down.

"Okay kid two can play your game. Totodile use leer and the scratch now!"

Totodile gave an angry look at the zigzagoon as it began to charge at it. Zig began to shudder from that leer attack and looked at Koroc for orders.

"He probably cant take another hit so charge at him with one final tackle."

Zig charged at Totodile. The two pokemon ran at each other and collided. Both flying from the collision the slid and stared each other down. Totodile stood up and then tried charging at zigzagoon while Zig stood staring at him. Totodile stopped right in front of Zig and lifted his claw to scratch him one. Totodile smiled and then fell over. Zig smiled and turned to Koroc wagging its tail. Koroc kneeled down to hug Zig and he fainted right in his arms.

"Great job take a rest buddy." Koroc said returning Zig to his poke ball.

Koroc stood up and looked at the man and smiled. "Nice battle man."

"You got lucky punk but next time you will learn not to mess with Thomas the Great." The man said running off.

Koroc turned to Watt and grabbed his hands as he continued towards the buildings were. He smiled and then said under his breath "Thomas the Great. Every battle will have the same result because I am not letting you stand in my way of being the best."

Last edited:

Pinhead

Won't you scream my name?
    Years
    Chapters 1 and 2

Sorry i missed chapter one i was doing a report for college =/.

It was early morning when Tom got off the boat from Cerulian City. The air smelled of salt. Tom saw a small road leading away form the dock and began walkign on it. It was grassy and surrouned by tall trees. Hmm I hope im in the right place, thought Tom. Oh look a sign. Whats it say? Oh i see now this must be the place. The sign read "Welcome to Sunrise Town". Tom read it breafly then continued on his way.

As Tom made his way to Professor Pace's lab he observed teh seenery. The houses were tiny and far in between.This sure is a small town. I'm used to the city but its good to be out. I hated home. He thought of his house with his mother yelling all the time. I wonder how she is. I did kinda leave without telling her. I bet she doesn't even care. "Wow!" Tom said.

What astonished Tomw as the building infont of him. It was two stories adn surrouned by a field. Tom was still a little ways off. "This must be the place!" he said excitedly and began to run to the building. His long legs made it a quick trip to the lab. As he drew closer he saw a person outside in a white lab coat. "Hello!" he yelled. When Tom was closer he approached the person which was a man.

"Hello" Tom said as he tryed to catch his breath. "I'm" cough "Tom Ski--beck. I'm Here for my pokemon, are you Prof. Pace?" "Why yes I am" the man replied, "Aren't you a bit old to be getting your pokemon?" "I have the letter right here sir" Tom said as he pulled it out of his bag. HE handed the letter to the professor. Prof. Pace read it over and said "Yupp this is it will you please follow me" Tom followed the professor inside.

"So what Pokemon were you thinking of taking?" Asked the professor. "I'm not sur--" Tom heard a small voice and noticed a blue head poking around the corner. "Azu?" it said. "Ohh! Is that a Azuril?!" Tom said excitedly. "Yes it is replied the professor." "Azuril" the pokemon said. It then ran up to Tom and gazed up at him. Tom bent down and got on one knee and said, "Well hello there Azuril, my name is Tom how are you?" "Azu azuril" the pokemon reapted happily as it rubbed its head against Toms face. "Haha that tickles" he said "I think it likes me. I've made my decision i would like this Azuril." "Thats fine" replied the professor, "What do you think Azuril?" Azuril smiled happily.

"Before you go Tom i have something to give you." The professor reached into his poket as Tom looked on puzzled. "Here are your pokeballs and your pokedex. This will give you information on the pokemon you see." "Thank you" said Tom as he walked out the door. The sun was setting now as it was getting late. "I look foward to hearing from you soon Tom" called Prof. Pace as tom walked away. "You got it!" he replied. My journey is finally here. I can't wait for tomorrow.

As the sun rose Tom was asleep under a tree with Azuril on his chest. A nearby sign read Route One. "Ahhhh" tom said as he woke up and yawned. "Good morning Azuril" he said as he shaked the pokemon gently not to scare it. "Azu? Azuril?" the pokemon looked at Tom. "Azuril ril!" It said happily. Azuril then rubbed toms face with its tail. "Well its nice to see you slept well." He said with a smile on his face.

Tom reached into his bag and pulled out a comb and mirror. Ugh my hair is a mess Tom thought dicused. "Hey Azuril can you use watergun on my hair?" "Azu? Azuril. AZURIL" it said and a stream of water came out of its mouth and sprayed Tom's hair.
    "Thank you very much." he said as he combed, "There all done. That looks better." Tom's red and black hair was combed straight and before it met his eyes it curved left to cover his eyebrows and forehead.

Tom stood up and picked up his pokemon. "Azuril when i was growing up I never really had any friends. Your really the first one ive had so i was wondering when we travel can u ride on my head. This way I have someone to talk to and we get to enjoy each others company." "Azuril" the pokemon said. It then hugged Tom, jumped up and sat on his head. "I see you agree" Tom said laughing, "Let's get going."

Tom and azuril were walking for a few hours with nothing eventful happening. "I'm getting hungry. What about you Azuril?" Tom said as he look up. "Azuril leaned infront of toms face and nodded upsidedown. "Okay then let's take a break. All i have is some cold cuts and bread. I'm not too sure if you'll like it. When we get to the next town ill buy you some pokemon food ok?" Tom said smilign as he handed Azuril some bologna. "Azuril" it nodded as Tom took a bite.

As they were eating there was a russle in the bushes. "Azuril" it said as it's eyes focused on the bushes. "Bun. Buneary" A female buneary then jumped out of the bushes. "Azuril" Tom said, "Nows our chance we can battle that Buneary and catch it! Are you ready?" Azuril got up and took a battle stance, "Azu" it said feriously.

"Ok Azuril use tackle!" Azuril lunged at its oppent. But she was ready and dodged. "DOn't worry Azuril try tackle again!" This time azurils attack hit but not directly. Unfased the Buneary countered with pound. "Azuril" cried azuril. The attack was direct hit. Azuril shook it off and stood up. "Nice job Azuril use watergun!" Just before the watergun hit Buneary used defense curl weakening the attack. "Quick Azuril Takle!" Azuril sprang foward and hit buneary directly. "Bun!!" it cried as it hit the ground. "Finish it up with watergun!" "AZURIL!!" azuril yelled as it shot the water out of its mouth. It hit the buneary directly. "Go POKEBALL!!" yelled Tom. The pokeball hit Buneary and took it inside. Tom and Azuril watched it nervously as the red light flashed on and off.

(Like I said sorry about the delay on the first post. Kev if you dont want azuril to know the attacks i used lemme know and ill fix it. I hope my grammar isnt too too bad lol)

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    Pinhead: I'm sorry, but there were quite a few things wrong with that post.
    ~ You combined Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 into one post
    ~ Countless spelling and grammar mistakes
    ~ Azurill only knows Splash and Charm, not Tackle and Water Gun (if you had checked the OOC Thread you would have known that)
    ~ The setting for Chapter 1 was Early Morning, but you made it night time...

All in all, don't let it happen again... You don't have to edit your post, just try to be less careless in the future.

Chapter 1
    You recieved a Level 5 Male Azurill!
    You recieved a Pokedex!
    You recieved 5 Pokeball's!
    You recieved an Arkens Map!

Chapter 2
    You caught a Level 3 Female Buneary!

You have one post left for Chapter 2 and I'm awarding you 1 strike... get 3 and you're out of the RP!

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    It took nearly ten seconds before Cato heard the distinct ding that indicated a successful capture. Grinning widely, Cato first went to Pichu to check if the small Pokemon was severely injured, then went to retrieve his newly captured Pokemon. Eager to meet their new teammate, Cato pressed the middle button on the red and white ball and watched the sphere split and release a red beam. The small spider-like Pokemon appeared before the trainer and Pichu with an undecipherable expression; Cato couldn't tell if he was happy to be on the team or not.

"Uhh... well then, welcome to the—." Cato's words were cut short as a String Shot impacted his face and covered his mouth. As he frantically tried to remove the web from his mouth, he could here Spinarak laughing to himself.

"Oh... so you think... that's funny?" Cato asked while gasping for air. The Spinarak gave a simple nod and crawled in circles around his new trainer.

Without another word, the trainer continued on while Pichu and Spinarak communicated in their gibberish language. As annoying as the sound was, Cato was happy his Pokemon were getting along, especially after that intense fight they just had.

"IS THAT A SPINARAK!?"

Cato heard the sudden exclamation come from a nearby bush and cautiously approached. When he was only inches away, the bush rattled and a much younger boy shot out. He was wearing a grimy grey shirt, a pair of shorts and wielded a bug catching net longer than his entire body. His deep blue eyes were fixed on Spinarak, which crawled at Cato's feet.

"As you can see, it's obviously a Spinarak. Why do you care?" Cato replied smugly. But you can't blame him; no one likes to see someone jump out of the bushes.

"I've been looking for one all day! Those guys are pretty uncommon around here."

"Well, I stumbled upon this little guy completely by accident."

"No fair, I've been looking all day. Wanna battle for him?"

The challenge caught Cato completely by surprise. He found himself wondering if the boy was really a trainer, as it was an important rule that licensed trainers should never gamble Pokemon.

"I'll battle you, but not for my Spinarak. How about a potion?"

"Meh, I'll think about it," said the boy as he hastily retrieved a pokeball from his belt. Pressing the middle button, he released a red and white worm Pokemon. Cato had never seen such a Pokemon in the Johto region, so he pulled out his pokedex and checked the entry. Apparently, the Pokemon's name was Wurmple and not much of a threat at all.

"Think you can take this guy, Spinarak?" The spider immediately stepped forward and stood its ground.

"You're going down! Wormy, use Tackle!" ordered the younger trainer and the Wurmple followed suit. For a worm, the Pokemon was moving quite fast, but not fast enough for Spinarak to be unable to dodge.

"Wait for it... okay Spinarak, to the left, then String Shot."

Only seconds away from impact, Spinarak narrowly dodged his opponent's Tackle, and shot a stream of sticky webs at the defenseless Pokemon.

"Not so fast! Wurmple, counter with a String Shot of your own!" The Wurmple was able to turn its head and release an array of webs of its own right before Spinarak's attack landed. The two sticky masses collided, spraying the webs in all direction. Seeing as the collision occurred closer to Wurmple, it was covered in the most sticky goo. At that point, it became a race for the two Pokemon to free themselves before the other.

Being more skilled than the Wurmple, Spinarak was able to free himself first and shot a burst of Poison Stings without Cato's command. The trainer was angry at his Pokemon for acting without his consent, but couldn't deny the affectivity of the attack. In seconds, Wurmple stopped struggling and fainted.

Without even congratulating his Pokemon, he recalled Spinarak into his pokeball and turned to the young boy. "I believe I'm the winner of this battle. Now, how about that potion?"

-----

OOC: I'll leave it up to you if you want to give me the potion or not.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    Gummy: That battle was alright... short, but alright. You can have the potion...
    Spinarak grew to Level 6!
    Spinarak learned Scary Face!
    You got a Potion!

You're done with Chapter 2!

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
    Years
    unforunatly im gonna have to drop this :( i don't want to but with my Rp, Rubii Naruto's Rp, pieCakeyy's Rp, and Pika_Lover's Rp plus work, school, homework, and various other activity's i have become way to busy sorry!

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
    Reily traveled down Route One, her new pokemon, Togepi, perched on top of her head, Reily had allowed it because Togepi preferred it to staying inside a pokeball. "Togepiii!" It cried every so often when it spotted a bird pokemon, a Pidgy, fly out from the trees, to land on the branches of another one. Meanwhile, Reily remained silent as she continued walking, it was extremely peaceful, as of now, she had not seen a single other trainer. No battles right now, but then again, Togepi only knew status moves at its level.

"Togepii!" Togepi suddenly squealed in surprise, as it was knocked unsuspectingly off its perch by a stray pidgy. That's kind of strange, isn't it? Reily thought, Pidgies don't normally attack unless attacked, but that's not the issue right now. I'll have time to figure that all out later, there's got to be a reason for this. "Togepi! Use charm!" She called, as Togepi got up again and as the Pidgy swooped down for another attack. Togepi clasped its hands together and looked sweetly and charmingly at the Pidgy, which slowed down its attack considerably, and swerved off course. Togepi repeated this as it tried to attack again, and it only knocked it hard enough to unbalance Togepi. Then the pidgy rose into the air again to attack once more, and Togepi suddenly siezed up. "Use growl!" Reily told it, and it snapped back into action, giving the Pidgy an endearing look and growling cutely. The pidgy, once again, slowed down, and seemed hesitant to attack Togepi. Then Togepi, without need for instruction, tried throwing its body against the Pidgy, it stumbled on its tiny legs, but it was enough to knock the Pidgy back a small bit. Then the Pidgy lifted into the air and flew away.

Togepi squealed again, and ran back to Reily, nearly falling as it tripped over its feet, but it kept going and leapt into Reily's arms. "Wow, Togepi, that was a pretty good move at the end!" She wondered how Togepi had used it, not knowing how to perform any move save for growl and charm, instinct probably, I mean, they probably are able to perform some type of physical attack, just not extremely well. It must come naturally when they're in a predicament, though I can't really see how that would help if a...say...charizard or something attacked it. But nevermind, we managed to chase the pidgy away. She hugged her pokemon gently, being careful not to squeeze it too tightly, and let it climb up her shoulder to settle once again on top of her head.

"Togepii!" Togepi cried, pointing forward, meaning that it wanted to continue going forward, though Reily couldn't see that. But she started walking again anyway, so Togepi was more or less satisfied. It sat down and watched the trees pass by as they traveled down the already pretty well trodden road. Reily and Togepi both fell into silence as they observed the area around them, the quiet only interrupted by Togepi's occasional soft squeak when it spotted another pokemon, usually a pidgy or zigzagoon, moving around in the trees or tall grass. That gave Reily time to think as well, I wonder what could have caused that Pidgy to attack Togepi like that? I mean, they only attack to defend themselves mostly, and are supposed to be generally gently pokemon, aren't they? At least, that's what I've been told. Maybe it was startled by something, or it was agitated, for what reason I'll probably never know. It might be a good idea to let go of this matter, since I'll probably never find out why anyways, cause I'll never find that Pidgy again, and I can't talk to pokemon. But I'm still kind of curious. Oh well, hey look at that tree, it's huge! "Hey look at that tree, it's huge!" Reily exclaimed, pointing at an enormous old oak tree, tall and majestic, its branches stretching high up towards the sky, Reily immediately thought of an extremely wise old man as she gazed at the tree. Togepi squealed happily at the beautiful sight, and scrambled down Reily's shoulders, jumping onto the ground and landing unsteadily, only to decide it would rather be on top of Reily's head. Reily picked it up again.

"I hope your feet aren't too dirty, or I'll have to get to the nearest pokemon center or somewhere with a shower facility." She muttered good naturedly, placing her pokemon on top of her head, where it settled down contendedly. "Let's keep going, who knows what we might find farther up this Route, right?" Togepi gave a small sound of agreement, and they continued walking, looking back to take another look at the old oak, which stood out from the hundreds of trees, and yet seemed to blend into the rest of the forest, for some reason, it seemed to hold special meaning to both Reily and Togepi. Finally they came to a bend in the "road," which was more like a tramped out path, and the tree disappeared from sight.

Last edited:

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    Slytherfang: That was a very... interesting post.
    Togepi grew to Level 6!
    Togepi learned Metronome!

Metronome can make Togepi use any attack... so that's a bit unfair, therefore... I'm going to give you a list of moves that Metronome can create.
    The list will grow as Togepi gains levels... and you must use some bad moves once in a while.
    The moves are: Pound, Absorb, Thunder Wave and Reflect

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    Chapter Two: The Great Start

Bret ran out of the town as fast as he could like he had committed a crime and was running away from the scene until he tripped over a tree branch. He fell flat on his face and scurried back up. He was just mega excited, and sometimes he just got a little carried away.

"Now, where do I start?" he asked himself. That made him think about how the trainer he was traveling with felt when he started. Was he nervous, or overexcited like him? Did he push onward with the path or did he stop and think what he should? It was interesting to think about.

At the thought, Bret pulled out the charm that he received before he started his adventure and as symbol of the two young boys' friendship.

"Just you wait, I gonna be greater one day," Bret mumbled with a huge, smug grin on his face. He stood up and adjusted the bag on his back then heard a crashing of items that almost sickened him as he listened to it. He whirled around and observed almost all his possessions on the ground and a big rip in his bag from where he had tripped.

"Just perfect," Bret grumbled.

He then noticed the little red and white ball in the middle of the pile. It contained his first pokemon. Bret laughed at himself as he looked at it. He was so caught up in his thinking of being the best trainer ever that he forgot about his beginner pokemon that was going to help him. But as he looked at the ball, something didn't feel right. The ball was rocking back and forth vigorously until it cracked open, shooting out a burst of red light and a small pokemon. It was red and orange with little tiny arms and a cool shaped head according to Bret.

"So, this is my beginner pokemon. Sweet," Bret said.

"Mag," responded the pokemon.

Bret jumped. "Ack, I do not even know your name!" he exclaimed. He pulled out his new pokedex and pointed it at the pokemon. It identified the pokemon as Magby.

"Well, nice you meetcha," Bret said gleefully. He looked away as if in embarrassment. "I- er- am sorry for dropping you…I mean your pokeball."

"Mag?"

Bret looked at the Mabgy. "Yeah, besides the point! I…" Bret sighed and pointed down towards the ground. "am not very good at introductions, I guess."

Magby jumped and looked backwards. Bret looked up as well and saw a bug, a Spinarak, crawling over towards them. It was so small, but Bret knew it could possibly be dangerous- and a good experience for him.

"Hey, that's the best way for trainers and pokemon to bond, right? By battling! Magby, get in there!"

Magby jumped in and faced the little bug pokemon. He extended his arms and pointed his head downward to intimidate.

"Magby, start this off with smog attack!" Bret ordered. The words just tickled his tongue. He had always heard his friend order commands, but not really him. Magby let out a purple smoke that just drifted over the bug as if it had done nothing. Bret did a facepalm and turned away for a split second.

"Spinarak is a poison type," he said to himself. Spinarak leaped into the battle action and shot out poisonous barbs towards Magby. Poison attacks may have not hurt Spinarak, but they would hurt Magby.

"Magby, dodge and use leer!" Bret shouted. He figured that was the only attack he really had left, and it might help to lower defense. Magby shot a glaring look at the Spinarak and made it skitter backwards a little. This could actually work…

"Again!" Bret ordered. Magby shot the look again and Spinarak stepped back again. Bret and Magby repeated the process until they thought that the Spinarak was ready for the final blow.

"Magby, smog attack!" Bret shouted. Magby shot out the gas and it hit the Spinarak, making it cry out and flip over in pain. Bret cheered for his first victory.

Then the Spinarak slowly flipped back over and cried out. Bret suddenly felt an adrenaline rush and looked around scared at what the Spinarak must have just done. He heard a swarming noise and soon saw many green bug pokemon coming towards him.

Bret jumped in and grabbed his new pokemon. "Now, I do not encourage running away from a battle, but right now, it's time to split like a banana!!!!"

Bret took off, leaving his battle behind.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    Pika_Master414: Good post, it's great to see more depth in Bret. I also lol'd a few times...
    Magby grew to Level 7!
    Magby learned Ember!

And, as I promised...

Chapter 3: Timeless Forest
    Number of Posts: 3
    Time of Day: Late Morning

Description
    A very big and wet forest that is home to quite a few Grass and Bug Pokémon... it is very overgrown and confusing, some people can get lost and not make it out for hours... days even.

Wild Pokémon
    Oddish

Level: 2-5
    Type: Grass/Poison
    Ability: Chlorophyll
    Attacks: Absorb, Sweet Scent (Lv. 5)
    Nature: Random
    Rarity: Common

Seedot

Type: Grass
    Ability: Chlorophyll or Early Bird
    Attacks: Bide, Harden (Lv. 3)

Venonat

Type: Bug/Poison
    Ability: Compoundeyes or Tinted Lens
    Attacks: Tackle, Disable, Foresight, Supersonic (Lv. 5)

Yanma

Level: 3-5
    Type: Bug/Flying
    Ability: Speed Boost or Compoundeyes
    Attacks: Tackle, Foresight
    Rarity: Uncommon

Pineco

Type: Bug
    Ability: Sturdy
    Attacks: Tackle, Protect
    Rarity: Uncommon

Combee

Type: Bug/Flying
    Ability: Honey Gather
    Attacks: Gust, Sweet Scent
    Rarity: Rare

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    "Wow, this thing is amazingly accurate," Cato said, his eyes glued to the Akrens map he bought before his journey began. According to the map, the tall grass area was going to abruptly end and lead into the Timeless Forest. Cato lowered the map just below his eyes and saw the dense forest before him. He had heard many stories about the place, and how people get so lost that they eventually lose track of earthly time, which explains the name. Still, with all the warnings given to him, Cato didn't fear the place. In fact, he anticipated entering it, as it meant he was another step closer to his dream as a league champion. After that, he began daydreaming about his success and lost track of time. Before he knew it, he was facing a sign and a road that led deep into the forest.

"Enter at your own risk," Cato said as he read the sign out loud. An unexpected chill ran down his spine, but he dismissed it. This was no time to get scared. With a sigh and a nod toward his two Pokemon, Cato entered the forest.

At first, the road was working pretty well and served as a perfect way to get deep into the forest. But then, for some odd reason, the road just ended. There wasn't even a sign or anything.

"Wow, they really don't want people exploring the forest," Cato commented to no one in particular. For the first time, he hesitated before moving forward. From this point on, things were not only going to get dangerous for him, but for his Pokemon as well. He needed their consent if he wanted to go any further.
    "Well, what do you say guys? Wanna go deeper?" Both shouted out their names, an indication that they were ready for whatever was going to happen. Without giving them a chance to rethink their decisions, Cato carelessly ran into the thickness.

It soon became obvious that the Timeless Forest was nothing like the forests Cato saw in Johto. The young trainer found himself constantly dodging trees and branches while simultaneously listening for any stalking Pokemon. Spinarak was having a lot of trouble keeping up and finally decided to crawl up Cato's back and let the human do all the work. Cato had half a mind to recall the spider back into its pokeball but knew the process would force him to stop running— something he didn't want to do in a situation like this.

Although it was still around noon, the landscape was getting darker and darker. It turns out the place was so tightly packed that the leaves and branches above were blocking out most of the sunlight. Cato knew that if this continued for a few more minutes, he'd be in total darkness. He even considered asking Pichu to give them a little light, but remember how unstable the small Pokemon's electricity was and feared that it would involuntarily shock him and Spinarak. The only option was for them to find a clearing and quickly.

And then, as if the gods heard Cato's prayers, the trees began opening up and the trio stumbled upon a rather large clearing.

"Finally, a place to rest," said the exhausted trainer before nearly collapsing on the floor. Unfortunately, the trainer got way too relaxed too quickly, and didn't even hear the buzzing noise coming from the surrounding trees. The noise got increasingly louder, but Cato showed no signs of acknowledging it as he lied blissfully on the grass.

"PICHU!" The cry cut through Cato's subconscious like a samurai's blade, and the trainer lifted from the ground with unprecedented speed. His eyes immediately scanned the area for Pichu and finally found the small mouse in the middle of the clearing. It was not alone however, as two Combee were flying above it in circles, occasionally lowering to brush against the frightened rodent. Spinarak tried scaring them off with Scary Face, but the move didn't have any effect since the Combee weren't paying attention.

"Get a hold of yourself, Pichu. Thundershock 'em!"

The Pichu closed its eyes tightly and began drawing the electrical power from within. The red spots on its cheeks began glowing, but just as Pichu was going to attack, one of the Combee released a pinkish powder from its underside that immediately caught Pichu's attention. The reserves in its cheeks powered down as the rodent lost concentration.

"That Sweet Scent is distracting him. Okay Spinarak, use Poison Sting!"

The spider Pokemon drew its head back and shot a barrage of poisoned needles at the bothersome bees. One Combee managed to narrowly dodge the attack, but its companion (which was still busy distracting Pichu) was caught up in the attack. The needles dug into the Pokemon's exoskeleton, and it feel from the sky. The Sweet Scent finally ceased and Pichu rubbed its nose, glad to finally be free from the hindering scent. The other Combee was too angry to notice Pichu was free again and went straight for Spinarak.

"Whoa, he's a quick one. Spinarak, use String Shot!" In the same fashion as his previous attack, Spinarak shot a sticky string at the approaching Pokemon. Combee suddenly stopped its front assault and flapped its wings in the opposite direction. Cato made the mistake of believing the bee was trying to retreat, so both he and Spinarak were caught by surprise when it released a Gust in their direction. The strong wind deflected the String Shot and continued toward the trainer and his Pokemon. Knowing he didn't have anytime to dodge, Cato gave one final command.

"Pichu, Thundershock!" The moment he finished the final syllable, the Gust impacted him and Spinarak, sending the two soaring into a nearby tree. Combee obviously didn't catch Cato's final words, as it was busy gloating while Pichu silently charged energy behind it.

"PICHUUUU!!!" Combee didn't even have enough time to turn around as bolt of electricity shot through its body with extra force, thanks to it being a part flying type. Gravity did the rest as the Combee dropped, defeated.

Pichu ran over to its trainer to see if he was hurt, but Cato was already searching through his bag for the potion he just won. Upon finding it, he sprayed Spinarak's wounds and recalled the Pokemon back in its ball.

With a sigh, he placed the ball back in the side pocket of his messenger bag and placed a hand on Pichu's head. "That was a little too close. We'll have to be more careful next time.

Last edited:

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    Gummy: That was a very good post, you completely understood the reason I called it Timeless Forest!
    Spinarak grew to Level 8!
    Spinarak learned Constrict!
    Pichu grew to Level 7!

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
    Reily couldn't help but cringe slightly as she saw the overgrown forest ahead of her, it looked like a barrier that would be awfully hard to cross. As she pushed through several tall grasses, she spotted a metal sign. It was tilted to one side, with a thin coating of rust some areas, like it had seen many years, she couldn't make out the rust encrusted lettering on the sign, and after staring at it for a moment she decided to keep moving on.

"Toge?" Togepi squinted into the undergrowth, it seemed to be considering something carefully. Then it leaped into Reily's arms, figuring that it would be less likely to be knocked off by a stray branch if Reily was carrying it.

"Well, there's no other way to get to the next town, is there?" Reily sighed, "we'll just have to go through. Hopefully its not too bad." She didn't know whether she was being optimistic or not, but what she had said was true. Reily walked along the length of the forest, eventually coming to a well trodden path. It looked like many trainers had passed through this way, she could tell, however, that it still took quite a bit of energy, low hanging branches and tangled vines could possibly prove to be an obstacle. Well, people have made it through, right? It's not impossible. I'm not going to be one of those who turns back. Reily thought as she began to venture into the forest, holding Togepi tightly.

It was quite a tiring journey, trees grew close together, making it difficult to navigate, and more than once Reily stumbled on a large root. At one point she felt something brush across the back of her neck and stiffened, turning around to face whoever or whatever it was, only to find that it was only a thin, twisted vine. Togepi wasn't exactly thrilled with the journey either, and had squealed a few times when she spotted a pokemon move about in the trees above them. When will the trees finally let up? Reily wondered.

After what seemed like hours of trekking through the forest, constantly fighting a battle with the tree branches that snapped back into your face when you let of them too soon and tree roots covered by a large leaf so that they are pretty much invisible until your foot catches on one, the trees finally became more spaced out, and the undergrowth less dense. Reily checked the keychain clock hanging from her backpack. They had been walking for forty two minutes, talk about tiring!

"I feel like we chose the wrong path to take. Maybe if we, okay, I had looked more carefully, then I would have found a better path to take. Oh well, we've reached a small clearing, we might as well take a break, just for a while." Reily said, half to herself and half to Togepi, who made a small noise of agreement. She sat down on top of a relatively flat tree stump, rather unusual in nature, and set Togepi down beside her, they both gazed quietly out into the forest for a moment.

"Hey look, a Yanma!" Reily suddenly exclaimed, pointed overhead to a dragonfly-like pokemon flying a distance above their heads, it circled twice, dipped once, and disappeared into the canopy of trees once more. "I have no clue how much more time it'll take up before we finally cross this, but I figure if we can find another clearing every so often, and stick to the path, we should be able to make it out. The problem is, the path stops at the edge of this clearing, and begins at the other end. So we've got to find it, lets wait a bit longer though." Reily decided, thinking, maybe we'll get lucky and make it through in a couple of hours, maybe even less, that would definitely rank near the top on a list of good things to happen to you.

After approximately five more minutes, Reily got up, picked Togepi up, and scouted around the edge of the clearing, looking for the continuation of that path. They came across another path, but this one seemed to be more free of vegetation than the other one. She circled the clearing one more time to check that there were definitely no other paths through the forest from this clearing before continuing onto the path that they had just found.

Though that path was much easier to travel on, it didn't help when a pokemon suddenly cried out, piercing the otherwise fairly quiet air. Togepi, startled by the sudden noise, often cried out following the first pokemon's cry. It began to get rather tiresome, traveling through this forest, but neither Reily nor Togepi stopped to complain. They were more focused on getting to the next town, or at least getting through the forest...soon.

More minutes passed, and yet Reily and Togepi were still traveling on the same path, in the same forest, in around the same mood, which was impatient. They had nearly been scalped by a yanma flying close above their heads, startled twice by a pineco, and stumbled over several more roots. Reily herself felt that she was getting to the end of her rope, while Togepi had started gazing around them anxiously every few minutes for a possible yanma that could be trying to scalp them again.

Last edited:

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    Slytherfang: That was a good post, except for the fact that you've only posted once for Chapter 2... which has two posts. Just because I've put up Chapter 3, doesn't mean you have to move on right away... you can finish the Chapter you're on before continuing.
    Just so you remember... Chapter 3 has three posts! Don't forget...

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    Chapter 3: The First Attempt

Bret walked happily down the path with his new Magby walking next to him. He had won his first battle…sort of. There wasn't anything in the world that could make him happier. He whistled happily as he walked down the path and Magby made up his own sort of song as well. These two were going to be best friends, Bret could tell.

Bret finally got a little tired and sat down for a moment. He called over Magby who sat down as well next to him.

"Time for some chow," Bret said gleefully. He pulled over his bag and opened it and gasped. The bag had a big whole in it and was completely empty! How did that happen? Everything of Bret's was gone except for his pokeballs, pokedex, and of course, Magby.

"Right…" Bret said, slapping him. His bag had ripped open when he tripped and the bug attack made him forget about collecting his belongings back. Knowing those bug pokemon, all his things were probably long gone by now.

"Well, never mind, no food," Bret moaned. He sighed and fell on his back, letting out a huge burst of air.

"Mag! Mag!" Magby shouted.

"I know you're hungry, but I told you, I lost all my food," Bret said.

"Mag!" Magby shot a spit of fire that went right next to Bret's side. He jumped back up and stared at Magby angrily.

"Yeow, I'm sorry that your breakfast is spoiled, but you don't need to take it out on me," Bret said. He held his fist up in a sort of threatening way at his pokemon until he saw him pointing up in the air at the tree. Bret looked up and saw the tree completely full of delicious red apples.

"Wow, food," he said drooling. "I'm gonna climb up there and get some breakfast." Bret did a knuckle touch with his pokemon and jumped up on the tree. He climbed up like an Aipom and swiftly grabbed a limb, but it sadly snapped with his pressure on it. Bret tumbled back down and landed right on his butt.

"Ow, this isn't going to work," Bret said while rubbing his behind. Magby sighed and pushed Bret backwards. He shot a small line of fire that sliced through the stem of the apple. It cleanly came off and landed right in Magby's hands. Magby then warmed the apple with a little bit of flames and handed it to Bret. Bret immediately bit into the apple and felt immediate warmth.

"If you keep this up, we are going to be really close soon," Bret said with a mouth full of soft, baked apple.

Just then, a bug pokemon crawled out towards Bret and his pokemon. Bret squinted at the pokemon and grinned. It was a wurmple that just came right over to him!

"Magby, we're about to capture our first pokemon. Ready?" Magby nodded and leaped out on the field. Bret grinned and held up his hand. "Nooow!"

"Hmp."

Bret stopped and turned around. A boy who looked about his age stood up against the tree. He had a grim smile on his face, apparently directed at Bret. His purple, blueish hair blew in the wind. Bret figured he was a kid who went around to try to act cool.

"Do you mind," Bret said coldly.

"You look like an amateur with your hand held up like that," the kid said.

"You look like a loser standing there, pretty boy. Go away," Bret said. "Magby-"

"Come on, you think you're going to win like that," the kid said. "The way Magby looks doesn't look intimidating at all."

"GO AWAY!" Bret shouted.

"You're such a loser with those battling skills," the kid said.

"Maybe I could show you my battling skills if you would actually let- me- battle-" Bret said through clenched teeth. "Magby use leer to stop the pokemon!"

Magby gave the pokemon a glaring look, slowing it down and freezing it where it stood.

"Great job, Magby, now use ember!" Bret shouted. He knew that just one fire attack would completely weaken this pokemon just enough for him to capture it. Magby let out a spit of fire that hit the bug dead-on, making it cry and collapse on the ground.

Bret rushed through his pockets and pulled out a red and white ball. Now that Wurmple was weak, he needed to throw a ball at it to capture it. He held the ball up, ready to throw it, until the kid's voice spoke out again.

"Please, you call that battling. I could beat that stupid little bug blindfolded," the kid said coldly. Bret groaned and turned around with the pokeball still in his hand.

"You know what I think. You're all talk and no action," Bret said. "Now if you would excuse me I-"

Bret turned around to throw the ball, but found a slight problem. The bug was gone. It had taken off while Bret was turned around. Bret felt his blood boil and he turned around to yell at the kid again. But when he turned around, he was gone. The kid had ruined his perfect capturing opportunity and then taken off, leaving Bret all alone again.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back