• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Adventure: Follow the Darkness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koroc

Just smile and wave.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2011
    Chapter 3: Watt Wonderous Spirit

Koroc was finally glad to see the city buildings and cheerfully walked towards them. As he got closer he knew started to see more and more trees.

"Hey! What happened to the city building and all that stuff I saw earlier." Koroc said to himself and looked down at Watt to see he was just as confused as he was. Koroc sat down and thought a moment.

"Man I wish I would not have ran out the without my house map." Sighing and then remembered that there was a rolled up paper that Prof. Pace handed him with the pokedex and pokeballs. Going through his bag he fond the paper and opened it up. Excited to see it was a map he searched to see where he was. Finding his location to being outside the Timeless Forest he got up and walked straight ahead with Watt closely behind him.

"Timeless Forest?" Koroc said sort of smiling "Why would anyone call a forest that? That is the funniest name I ever heard." Koroc looked around the area while walking and he noticed that the trees seemed to be getting closer and closer. "Man it is getting dark already. We must have spent more time in that other forest then we thought." Watt shook his head up and down. Koroc then grabbed Zig's pokeball and wanted to call him out but he knew that he was too hurt to be walking and thought he should find a pokemon center quick.
    Putting the poke ball back into his pocket he turned to Watt and noticed that he was gone.

"Man where could he be?" Koroc asked himself. Just after finishing his sentence he heard"Bi Bi Bibibibi.!" in the distance. Koroc turned to his right and ran towards the voice. "Watt what could you have done now?" Stressed out that Watt was in trouble Koroc started to panic as the forest got darker and darker. Koroc stopped and looked around but couldn't see anything since it was pretty dark.

"Biiiiiiii" Watt screamed again this time he made his location noticeable. Koroc seen sparks of light straight ahead of him and ran. Arriving to the location of Watt Koroc noticed tons of Purple fuzzy balls with big red eyes and antennas coming out of thee heads. Happy to see Watt was okay Koroc pulled out his pokedex to get some info on the pokemon.

Venonat the insect pokemon. Their big eyes are actually many little eyes which can detect even the smallest of enemies. At night they are drawn to light from far places.

The pokedex turned off as Koroc closed it and put it in his pocket. "So Watt using his electricity to help me find him actually attracted all of these guys." Koroc went over to Watt to grab him as a Venonat jumped out from the group and attacked him. Falling to the ground from the attack Koroc hit his elbow. "You will pay for that." Koroc said getting up to his feet. Looking closer at this one he noticed it had blue eyes and a blue nose.

"Mutant or not you are going down. Use leer Watt!" Giving an evil like look the venonat seemed to have stepped back. Then its eyes glew a bright blue and a wave shot toward Watt and surrounded him. "Watt use leer again." Watt tried to do the attack but it couldn't .

"What's wrong use leer!" Watt tried again but it didn't work. Koroc pulled out his pokedex again and pointed it at the bug pokemon.

Venonat uses Tackle, which it charges at the foe doing a full body attack. Disable, prevents the foe from using then previously used move for a while. Foresight, identifies the foe and makes ghost types vunerable to fighting and normal moves.

Koroc closed the pokedex placing it in his pocket again. "Okay so it used disable huh. Well use quick attack Watt.!" The elekid ran towards the pokemon and at a high speed and hit it head on. Venonat flew back and then did it jumped on its feet and it's eyes glew a bright blue again but this time it didn't surround Watt. The Venonat started jumping around ready to fight but it's eyes were still bright blue. "So its finally ready to fight. Quick attack Watt full power." Watt ran in at high speed but this time Venonat dodged it.

"What but how?" Koroc said surprised. The Venonat charged at Watt and hit him dead on and sent Watt flying to the ground in front of all of its friends.

"Watt it is using foresight to track your movement. So you have to change up the way you do quick attack!" Koroc yelled as his pokemon jumped up and started spinning its arms and sparks flew from its head. The venonat began to walk towards the flashing light from Watt.

"That's it." Koroc smiled "Watt keep that up and when it gets close use quick attack." Watt continued to keep the sparks flying from it's head and as it got into arm range he charged the pokemon unsuspected.
    Venonat hit the ground hard. Trying to get up it constantly fell back down. Finally it stayed on the ground and its eyes went back to its normal color. Koroc thought this blue eyed pokemon would be a good keep sake so he grabbed a pokeball to capture it but then the other Venonats began to attack them. Running from the horde of fuzzy bug pokemon Koroc grabbed Watt.

"Okay, maybe trying to catch there buddy wasn't a good idea!" Watt was struggling to get away and fight them but Koroc knew he would not be able to. Koroc and Watt continued to run until they tripped over a weed that seemed to be pulled from the ground. "Crappy forest.!" Koroc said getting up. "Odd oddish." the pokemon sreamed releasing a pink spray from its head. The aroma stopped Koroc, Watt, and all the venonat in there tracks. Satisfied the pokemon stopped the attack and began to walk away. Venonat gave up chase on Koroc and Watt and walked back to where they came from.

"Wow that was a close one buddy." Koroc said smiling and turned to Watt and noticed he was gone again. Koroc looked around for him again. Turning to see that he was chasing the pokemon that saved them Koroc gave chase to his mischievous pal.

Koroc finally caught up to him but by that time Watt had stopped the pokemon and was yelling at it.

"Bibibi" Watt yelled spinning his arms

"Odd oddish odd." The pokemon yelled in return

While they continued to yell at each other Koroc grabbed his pokedex to check out the pokemon.

Oddish, the weed pokemon. They normally grow by the moonlight bur during the day they leave only there leaves visible to gather nutrients and also hide from foes.

Koroc closed the pokedex and thought this would be a great pokemon to catch since he miserably fail to catch that cool looking venonat.

"Bi bi" Watt yelled spinning his fists.

The oddish laughed at how mad Watt was getting and then walked away from him. "Watt use quick attack don't let it get away!" Koroc yelled.

(Battle will continue on the next post.)

Last edited:

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    Koroc: Good post! I liked your use of Foresight, Sweet Scent and the way you made Watt's electricity attract the Venonat.
    I can't wait to see the rest of the battle!
    Watt grew to Level 7!
    Watt learned ThunderShock!

Koroc

Just smile and wave.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2011
    Watt charge and hit the oddish to the ground. Oddish jumped back up and it began to glow green and sent a energy wave towards Watt. "Watt dodge with quick attack and then leer!" The pokemon did as it was told and ran to the side and gave an evil glare at the pokemon causing it to shudder a little bit. The pokemon jumped up and tried the same move again. Watt began to wave his arm around and then sparks began to fly from it head but this time they formed a yellow aura made of lightning around him and released the energy from the aura at the on coming attack.

"What was that?" Koroc yelled bringing out his pokedex to look up Elekid's attacks.

Elekid uses Quick attack, which is an attack that allows the pokemon to speed up and attack the foe first. Leer, an attack that makes the foe's defenses fall a little bit. Thundershock, an attack that produces an electrical charge around the pokemon and releases its energy at the opponent and it may cause the pokemon to become paralyzed.

After that explaination on the attack Koroc closed the pokedex and saw the two attacks explode. Both pokemon flew back and hit a tree but got up as it they didn't fell a thing. Watt was breathing hard and Koroc knew that he could take another hard hit like that. Oddish smiled and tried to use the attack again .

Koroc told Watt to do the same tactic again and he did as commanded. The pattern continued 3 more times and on the last time Watt seen that Oddish was getting mad and began to laugh at it like it did him.

The angry oddish release a pink powder at Watt and he took a whiff and was basically immobilized him from the pleasant scent. Koroc grabbed his pokedex and pointed it to oddish to see its attacks.

Oddish normally use Absorb, which drains the targets energy and replenishd the users energy with it. Also they use Sweet Scent. The attack allows them to lower the evasion of the pokemon in the area of the attack and it also has a very pleasant smell.

Oddish smiled and used the attack she had been trying to hit him with. This time distracted by the smell of the powder it made contact. Watt seemed to get weaker and weaker as oddish began to heal its wounds.

"Watt use a quick attack and hurry!" Koroc yelled. Watt broke out of the pokemon's attack and then charged in at it. Making contact the oddish it flew into the air.

"Oddish!" The pokemon shrieked in pain as it tried to recover its balance. "Watt use thundershock while it is in the air." Watt began to spin its arms as the sparks from his head forming the aura again and fired it at the soaring oddish. "Oooooooooooodish!" the pokemon continued to scream from the onslaught of attacks. Landing on the ground the oddish got up and used a sweet scent attack to make Watt defenseless but this time he covered the part of his face where it could not smell it but making it seemed as if was being completely distracted by the attack. The oddish ran around in a circle continuing to release the powder until it tripped over a rock. It got on its feet and tried the absorb attack one more time.

"Watt quick attack to finish it full power." Watt reacted before Oddish could get her attack off and charged at it as fast as it could. The oddish flew into the air again and tried absorb again while in the air. "Watt use thundershock to stop it."

Watt shot a concentrated thundershock at the oddish's attack and they collided much closer to oddish this time and exploded. From the smoke of the two attacks the oddish fell to the floor. Not wanting to see if it could still fight Koroc threw a pokeball at it. It began shack on the ground and then Koroc walked to Watt who seem to be really injured and congradulated him on a job well done. Koroc sat the elekid against the tree and they both watched to pokeball shake in anticipation.

Last edited:

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    Koroc: Wow, you're really speedy! Elekid and that Oddish are really persistent aren't they! You have one more post for Timeless Forest.
    You caught a Level 5 Female Oddish!

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    (ooc: Sorry it took so long, but I was not feeling too good yesterday. The times you saw me I was checking in on things, and applying for another RP.)

Episode 2: A Big Mess... (Part 2)

Chris sighed as his Cleffa bounced down Route 1 happily. "Stop it." Said Chris, but Cleffa just continued. "I said stop it!" Cleffa froze at that, her scared nature kicking in.

"Cleffa." (T: Wh- why? I'm just expressing myself.) Cried Cleffa. Chris just snorted before going on ahead.

"Why did I do this again?" Asked Chris as he kicked the grasses. "Oh, yeah... it was the easiest form of money for me, but now..." Chris looked back at Cleffa who was staring nervously at him. "Now my chances are reduced to nothing, and I'm going to be the laughingstock of the ENTIRE region."

"Cleffa." (T: Actually, Clefable are pretty powerful if you can use them right) Said Cleffa, but Chris just glared at the pokemon.

"Yes, Clefable is... NOT YOU!" Yelled Chris, mad at his bad luck. Cleffa just started to tear up. "Let's go, I'm burning daylight." Cleffa reluctantly followed. At one point, Chris thought he kicked something, but didn't see the creature, so he shrugged and left.

"Zig." Cried the Zigzagoon he kicked into the bushes. (T: I'm telling dad!) But Chris didn't hear the Zigzagoon, so the call was ignored.

(2 Hours later)

Chris sat down before pouring some food on the ground for Cleffa, as he had no food for himself. As Cleffa ate the food on the ground, Chris swore he heard a Zigzagoon call, but thought it was his imagination and ignored it.

"Heh, I have to find some sort of Moon Stone in this region, as I do NOT want to lug around a Clefairy with me." Said Chris as he flipped through his pokedex. Suddenly a rock shot in out of nowhere, almost hitting Chris in the eye. "What was that?!" Suddenly a whole bunch of Zigzagoon came in out of nowhere, all growling at Chris.

"Zigzaoo!" Yelled the biggest Zigzagoon in the pack. (T: I am Ziglio, leader on the southern Zigzagoon tribes, and you will pay for attacking my son)

"It's amazing how one word in pokemon can be translated into several in human." Commented Chris as he saw the Zigzagoons come closer. "Aww crap."

"Zi ziga Gooig!" (T: Attack my allies, fight for revenge!) Yelled Ziglio pointing his soldiers towards Chris.

"Grrr... I'm way outnumbered." Said Chris before grabbing Cleffa and running.

"ZI!" (T: Follow him my subjects!) Yelled Ziglio. The Zigzagoon all started running after Chris and Cleffa.

Chris jumped over a few bushes as he attempted to escape Ziglio and his Zigzagoon fleet. "Awww... If I trip, they're going to tear me to shreds." Said Chris to himself as he jumped over a tree root. A Zigzagoon jumped up and slammed Chris in the back, but Cleffa landed perfectly.

All the Zigzagoon growled menacingly, allowing Cleffa the perfect oppertunity... she clapped, drawing the Zigzaggons to keep using Growl. "Cleffa, use Pound!" Yelled Chris. Cleffa slammed her paw in one of the Zigzagoons skulls, knocking it out.

"Zigzagoon?!!!" (T: What is this?!!!) Yelled Ziglio as he growled at Cleffa, but his growl was more intimidating as he was at a higher level then the other Zigzagoons.

"Cleffa!" (T: I don't want to fight.) Squeaked Cleffa, but Ziglio slammed into Cleffa.

"Cleffa... we will fight." Said Chris as he stood up. "If we take down the leader, then we will beat them all." Ziglio just stood in attack position. "Cleffa, use Pound!" Cleffa hit Ziglio in the head, but didn't do too much damage, and before Cleffa was able to get away, Ziglio slammed into Cleffa for some good damage. "Grrr... Use Charm!" Cleffa nodded before acting cute, drawing the attention of Ziglio, and lowering his attack and awareness. "Now use Pound!" In the blink of an eye, Cleffa shifted from cute mode and hit Ziglio... hard, but the pokemon did not go down.

"Zig!" (T: That's not cool!) Yelled Ziglio growling again. Cleffa looked down, knowing that she probably wouldn't win too easily.

"Cleffa, use Encore!" Yelled Chris. Cleffa clapped, but Ziglio plugged his ears and closed his eyes, sucessfully shielding him from the attack. "Now use Pound!" Cleffa then pounded the self blinded Ziglio for decent damage.

"ZIG!" (T: You will pay for that!) Yelled Ziglio really, really mad. "Zao zi gi oon!" (T: That's a cheap shot, and you will pay!"

"News flash rodent, you are loosing." Said Chris, tired of Ziglio blabbering on and on. Ziglio just glared at Chris before running at Cleffa, but Chris tossed a pokeball, engulfing Ziglio in it. Chris had no time to waste as he picked up the pokeball which was still shaking, and ran off, to get away from the other Zigzagoon, and after a minute of running, Chris dropped the pokeball just before it broke. "What does it take to beat you?" Ziglio tackled Chris in his sensitive parts, causing him to fall down in pain.

"Zigzagoon!" (T: How dare you try to catch me!) But another pokeball was tossed at Ziglio, engulfing him once again... would Chris catch him?

(ooc: Yes, I decided to fuse the 'Episodes' together at the last second.)

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    Rubii Naruto: That was an interesting post... so, can Chris understand the Pokemon?
    Also, I need your trainer card...
    You caught a Level 4 Male Zigzagoon (Ziglio)!

Cehf: No you can't be part of Team Night Star... and yes it is too late to sign up.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    (ooc: Yes, Chris can understand pokemon... My trainer card is at the bottom of my post. Oh, and I have the appearance of a glitch, a very dangerous one from Pokemon yellow. It is known as ♀ and it freezes the game with a looping cry.)

Episode 3: ♀: The Glitch of Speech

"Zai!" (T: Let me go!) Yelled Ziglio still mad at Chris. The aforementioned boy dodged a Tackle attack before saying.

"You lost in battle, I got you fair and square." Said Chris smugly before dodging yet another Tackle. "Now... Timeless Forest is around here... and that leads to the nearest town..." Ziglio gasped as he heard the name Timeless Forest.

"Zia!" (T: Wait! Don't go near Timeless forest...) Yelled Ziglio as he backed up in fear. "Gaoon, Zi zig ogon!" (T: There's a monster near that place, just don't go!)

"I thought you hated me." Said Chris, taunting the normal type pokemon.

"GOO Zio gago!" (T: I wouldn't wish that fate on anyone!) Yelled Ziglio as he remembered what happened the last time they tried to fight them. "Ziii..." (T: There are Spinarak there, but that's not the really scary part)

"Oh, and what is?" Asked Chris, amused, but Ziglio just muttered something.

"Zigzagoon." (T: ♀) Murmured Ziglio in fear. Chris just looked confused.

"Female symbol? That's not a pokemon." Said Chris as he went closer towards Timeless Forest, but Ziglio bit Chris's ankle.

"Zig, zigzagoon!" (T: It's not a pokemon, it's an abomination! ♀ is responsible for many of the problems with the pokemon around here, it never shuts up!) Yelled out Ziglio, and Chris just scoffed.

"So what? It's no big deal." Said Chris as he ran towards the Timeless Forest to meet the endless chatting pokemon, but Chris is unaware of the dangers of the mutation.

(♀)

"Ababababababa..." Repeated the glitch over and over as it wandered the edge of timeless forest, cursed to forever speak by its creator. (T: Abababababa...)

(Chris)

Chris sighed not hearing anything in the route around him. "Ziglio, I thought there was a monster around here." Said Chris in a mocking tone. "Where is it?"

"Zig." (T: Ummm... hopefully on another side of the forest.) Said Ziglio as he started to back away. "G-goon." (M-maybe we should go.)

"Bababa..." Sounded a voice from way in the distance. Ziglio heard that and tried to run off, but before the Zigzagoon could run too far, Chris returned the cowering Zigzagoon into its pokeball.

"Relax, it's just the wind... right?" Asked Chris, feeling scared himself before pulling out his pokedex. "What is that the cry of?"

♀ The Eternal Cry Pokemon.
    This pokemon is the result of trying to turn a Forretress into a different pokemon. This kind of pokemon wants to be left alone. As its title suggests, it cries for ever and ever, so I do not hold the sample cry.

"A pokemon that speaks forever... Ziglio wasn't lieing after all." Said Chris not knowing that there are a bunch of Spinarak behind him.

"Babababa..." Was heard in the distance as the glitch came closer. Chris turned to run to the Forest, but was blocked by the Spinarak.

"I didn't see that coming... Ziglio, Cleffa... come on out!" Yelled Chris sending out the two pokemon. Ziglio growled but then cowared at the sound of the glitch coming closer and closer. "Cleffa, use Pound! Ziglio, use Tackle!" Cleffa and Ziglio went to strike the Spinarak, but webs caught them quickly. "Crap, I'm not on the top of my game today." Said Chris looking back. ♀ was almost upon them, and it was close enough to see... it had a metallic outer body in varios shapes and lines.

"Babababababa!" Cried the glitch as it saw Chris, Cleffa, Ziglio, and the Spinarak, so it decided to launch a Pay Day, but it missed by a long shot.

"Crap, enemies at two sides... I'm screwed... I have to go!" Yelled Chris, but it was too late as ♀ was in the clearing.

"Babababa!..." (T: Get away from me! Bababa...) Yelled ♀ in a pained voice, like it didn't care about anything.

"Goon!" Yelled Ziglio, now scared out of rational thought, and when something is scared that badly, they faint.

"Crap!" Yelled Chris as memories started to flood his brain... but in a real surprise, the Spinarak all shot web at the glitch, wrapping it up, but Chris tossed a pokeball at ♀ catching it. "Graah, to freedom you go!" And with that, Chris silenced the pokemon's cry for the first and last time, Chris had crushed the pokeball, ending the glitch's life, but freeing it from its eternal pain. "Gruuh, the Spinarak."

"Goon!" (T: Master Ziglio!) Cried a Zigzagoon as he attacked one of the Spinarak... before long there were a lot of Zigzagoon holding off the Spinarak. "Zigzagoon!" (T: We will hold off the Spinarak, while you escape!) Chris just returned his pokemon to his pokeballs and ran into the forest.

(ooc: I hope that's good enough as I didn't have much to work off of... oh, and here is my Trainer Card.
    )

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
    Ooc:// Sorry, that was completely my fault. But can I just continue on with Chapter 3? I'll do three posts for it.

Reily looked up, but the sky was obscured by leafy branches that criss crossed to form a kind of canopy. She wiped some sweat from her forehead, it was becoming almost a chore, hiking through this forest, but she didn't want to stop either. We'll find another clearing soon, really soon, as soon as I walk five more minutes we'll find another clearing.

Five minutes later, the trees began to let up, forming a tiny clearing. There wasn't much, the ground was covered with grass and fallen leaves, a few large stones were scattered about, a dead tree that appeared to have been scorched, probably by lighting, and an Oddish, which scampered away into the forest upon Reily and Togepi's arrival.

"Whoa, I was only thinking that to keep me going, I wasn't exactly counting for it to actually happen." Reily said, "but now that we've found a clearing, we might as well take a break, I have no clue how long we've been walking, but I promise I'll be sore tomorrow."

"Toge!" Togepi trilled, jumping off Reily's shoulder onto the edge of the rock they were standing beside, leaning back to look at the sky. It tilted back a little too far, though, and began to fall backwards off the rock. Reily instinctively reached out both hands and caught Togepi before it hit the ground, stumbling a bit as she did so. Togepi was still crying out shrilly, though it had only been startled in the fall, and Reily looked around.

"Oh, not another one!" Another Yanma was swooping above them, it seemed to have been frightened by something, more cries issued from the trees as another Yanma joined the one already circling above the clearing. Then silence fell abruptly. A trainer emerged from the dense undergrowth and close growing trees. It was a boy about her age, wearing a blue baseball cap, a white t-shirt and khaki shorts. One of the laces of his black running shoes was untied, and he seemed to be gritting his teeth.

"Dang those Yanma, I almost had one caught," he muttered, loud enough for Reily, about fifteen feet away, to hear. "If only it hadn't raised such a racket and flown away. Stupid pokemon."

"Stupid? You probably startled them!" Reily bristled, the Yanma seemed to be extremely frightened and unnerved. The kid looked at her as if only just noticing she was there.

"Well, they're not that brave, are they?" The kid replied defensively, "so why are you standing up for a couple of puny bug pokemon? Why should you care? I was trying to catch one of them and it just started screaming and scared half the forest, and then its friend just joined it."

"If you think they're so stupid, then why did you even bother trying to catch one?" Reily asked the kid curiously, she wasn't exactly one to get mad easily, but sometimes people managed to seriously get to her. This kid was getting pretty close, and he wasn't making any sense in his explanations.

"I just wanted a battle, now that you're here, I'll just battle you instead!"

Reily didn't know whether it would be better for her to accept for decline his offer, and was taking a second to consider it when the kid spoke again.

"Unless you're scared to lose." He smiled tauntingly, though it looked much more like a sneer, and upon hearing those words, both Reily and Togepi bristled.

"Fine then. We'll battle you." She clenched her teeth, while Togepi glared at the kid, evidently Togepi didn't like being called scared, or anything along those lines.

"Okay then, one on one. Go! Zigzagoon!" The kid cried, sending out a brown and white racoon like pokemon.

"Zigzagoon!" It said, planting itself firmly upon the ground, it seemed to be both excited and serious at the same time, though it became distracted as it spotted a Venonat moving about in the trees, knocking leaves down. It stared at the falling leaves for a moment, before turning its attention back to the battle.

"Togepi! You're up!" Togepi ran forward, still glaring at the kid, who adjusted his cap, and who seemed rather at ease, unlike Reily, who was about as tense as a cat that had just spotted a dog.

"Togepi!" Togepi and Zigzagoon exchanged defiant looks, both looked eager and ready to battle.

"Zigzagoon, use tackle!"

"Use charm on the Zigzagoon as it attacks!"

The Zigzagoon ran in a zigzag pattern towards Togepi, gaining speed. Meanwhile, Togepi clasped its hands charmingly and gave Zigzagoon an endearing stare. The picture of sweetness. Zigzagoon slowed down considerably, and hesitated as it hit Togepi with a tackle attack, Togepi was only knocked backwards slightly, and even then it managed to land unsteadily on both feet, holding out its tiny arms for balance. The Zigzagoon looked rather flustered, but the kid just looked annoyed.

"Use tackle again!"

"Togepi, use metronome!" Reily instructed, calling upon Togepi's only possibly damaging move. Togepi closed its eyes and began moving its arms from side to side in rhythm, its face was calm as it did so, and Togepi seemed unaware of the Zigzagoon that was currently charging towards it.

Togepi's suddenly released a weak jolt of energy which came into contact with Zigzagoon's tackle, the Zigzagoon was wrapped in the energy and was paralyzed. It tried to carry on with the attack, but the paralysis held it back.

"Use metronome one more time!"

Togepi repeated the process of closing its eyes and waggling its two arms. After a moment, it ran forward and pounded the Zigzagoon with both arms. Because the Zigzagoon was held immobile by the thunder wave, Togepi landed a direct hit, though now that it had landed the attack, Togepi continued to repeat it.

"Zagoon!" Zigzagoon cried out as Togepi delivered one last blow and it was thrown backwards. Personally, Reily thought that it looked a bit strange for such a tiny pokemon to be able to throw a Zigzagoon backwards, but she didn't focus on that now. The Zigzagoon hit the scorched tree with a thud, and got up again, but seemed reluctant to battle now that it had been attacked by Togepi. It ran back towards its trainer, who seemed extremely surprised.

"What? Zigzagoon, go back and finish the battle!"

"Zagoon! Zigzagoon!" The Zigzagoon shook its head fiercely, and the trainer sighed, glaring at it before returning it to its pokeball.

"Fine, you win by default." The trainer growled, "if Zigzagoon had continued battling it would have beaten your Togepi in a heartbeat."

"Yeah? Well, the whole battle lasted more than a heartbeat and Togepi wasn't knocked out by then." Reily pointed out, while Togepi stared at the trainer as if proving that it was worth something.

"Stupid...pathetic..." The trainer could be heard muttering as he stalked away, when he passed Togepi perched once again on the rock, he pushed it off and continued walking.

"Togepi?" Togepi cried out in surprise, as Reily, once again, dashed forward to catch it. This time she didn't manage to and Togepi hit the ground with more force than it normally would have, propelled by the trainer's shove. It burst out crying, not out of pain, but out of anger, Reily picked it up and tried to calm it down.

"Come on Togepi, he's just the stupidest, most pathetic trainer ever to walk the face this planet. He's just sore that he lost so easily, and it was probably because he wasn't really that nice to his Zigzagoon, or something like that."

Togepi stopped crying abruptly, and stared defiantly at the spot where the trainer had retreated back into the dense trees, and climbed back onto Reily's shoulder, and then onto her head.

"Come on, take a small break and then," She sighed, "its back into the forest. I hope that next time when we have a battle, we're not going to end up battling a loser like that kid."

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    Chapter 4: Forest Confusing

Bret was mad, no, really mad at what just happened. He had the perfect capturing opportunity, and that boy ruined it, whether he just formed a grudge on Bret or he was just naturally a jerk. Either way, Bret decided that if he ever saw that kid again that he was going to give him a piece of his mind.

"Magby, is this our next destination, I guess," Bret said after walking for a few minutes. The duo had come to a large forest with a gate that read: You're now entering the Timeless Forest.

"Timeless Forest, eh? I wonder why they call it that?" Bret asked himself as he entered the woods with Magby close at his side. He walked through the woods slowly with memories flowing his head as he looked at the dark trees and the sounds of the bug pokemon filling his head.

"Magby, woods like this is where I even started my journey with pokemon," Bret informed his pokemon. "I was all alone and got into a little bit of trouble, believe it or not. That was when I started traveling with that trainer through the Kanto region. He saved me from a bunch of bugs."

Magby quietly listened to Bret's story while they continued to walk. He stared up at him interested and absorbed every one of his words. Bret looked back down at him.

"Yeah, you probably don't understand a word I'm saying, but stay close by, okay. I don't want to be alone again this time like last time."

Magby nodded. Bret grinned and patted his pokemon on the head. "Thanks, buddy," he said. They walked in silence for a while and listened to the bugs. Bret began to whistle and felt a shiver because of the awkward silence.

"Magby, I'm really bored," he said.

"Mag!" shouted his pokemon as he pointed to the ground.

Bret looked down and gasped. In the soft, dirt earth was a tiny Magby footprint.

"No, we've been going in circles," Bret moaned. He sat on the dirt ground and pounded the ground. "You know, I need a coke or something at a moment like this. Dude, this is soooo frustrating."

Bret then heard a low buzzing noise. It was soft, yet loud. It was a noise that made a shiver go down Bret's very spine. He whirled around and saw a swarm of Yanma. Bret cried out and picked up Magby.

"Magby, let's go!" Bret shouted. He took off and ran through the wood like a maniac with Magby clutched in his arms. He ran for minutes until he began to pant. The bugs didn't slow at all. They continued to chase him like crazy. Bret tried hard to continue, but he soon became so tired that he collapsed on the ground, making Magby fly out and tumble on the ground.

"I'm sorry- Magby- but- I can't outrun them-" Bret panted. "Get rid of them with an ember attack."

Magby leaped in front of his trainer and shot out a burst of fire that hit some of the flying bugs. They scurried away quickly with their bodies inflamed. Bret watched as his pokemon battled and was brought back memories of a scene very familiar.

…………

Bret was alone and greatly inexperienced. With nothing in his possession, not even a pokeball, he lonely walked through the woods. He was confident and brave, but that didn't stop him from being attacked. Before he knew it, bugs attacked him and he was surrounded, helpless and desperate.

That was when he came…

As Bret was hanging on for what felt like his own life, a young boy appeared suddenly. He didn't look that much older than Bret, but there was something different about him. He had a sense of bravery and determination that was unexplainable. On his shoulder was a little yellow pikachu and in his hand was a red and white ball that he threw onto the field. Soon, a small pidgey came to his rescue.

The trainer then looked at the Pikachu. "Help her, Pikachu," he ordered.

The pokemon worked grand together as they both fought side by side. They both looked inexperienced, yet talented in so many ways. Together, they defeated the bugs and the trainer came up to Bret. Bret held his hand out. "Um, thanks," Bret said. "Bret."

"Gold," the kid introduced as he shook Bret's hand.

…………

Bret snapped back into reality. Such great memories and it was so long ago, but he was in the middle of a battle. Magby breathed heavily as he was beginning to lose steam from letting out so much fire, yet the bugs continued to swarm. Bret felt the tension come back, as if he felt like he was clinging on.

"Magby, don't give up! Use leer to slow them down!"

Magby let out a glaring look towards the bugs, but it was weak. The bugs charged quickly at the tired pokemon. Bret just watched in shock. He didn't know how to get rid of the swarming bugs.

"Magby, slide to the left to avoid and then use smog!" Bret ordered. Magby leaped weakly to the side and let out purple smoke. Angry, the bugs changed their course of direction. They charged right towards Magby, and he was too weak to do anything.

"No, Magby!" Bret shouted. Before he knew it, the bugs had whisked Magby into the air in their grasp and took off with him. Bret watched in horror as he watched and listened to his pokemon as it was being taken away deeper into the woods. He listened until the voices died away. Magby was gone and Bret was all alone.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    I'm sorry to everyone that was having fun with this RP, but I cannot keep going with it...
    I'm having a tough enough time trying to post for Zim's Kanto RP and pieCakeyy's Kanto RP. I'm also trying to spend more time with my friends, because we have two weeks of no school and it's really hot here in Australia. =X

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back