• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Adventure: Follow the Darkness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    Yes, Gummy. Sign-ups are closed, all of the Pokemon have been taken.
    If you still want to be in this RP, just choose a baby Pokemon and make your sign-up.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    Player: Rubii Naruto
    Birthday: 23rd February, 1992

Appearance: Chris is 5'7" tall and has light tan skin, from being in the sun just a little bit in his life. Chris's hair is a nice golden brown, and is a little spiky, but not too bad. His eyes are a nice brown, but there are streaks of red in them. He isn't very muscular, but isn't really too skinny. He always wears a black shirt with a logo that looks like three chains, each wrapped in circles, all next to each other in sort of a triangular pattern. The front of the shirt has another chain, but wrapped like a triangle, with the words 'better to be a triangle then a circle'. His pants are also black with the circle triangle on the left side, and a triangle on the right. His shoes are also black, but they have a very small writing that says "triangle= originality" and "circle= imitation".

Personality: Chris isn't the nicest person to meet, having grown up in the Pyrite Orphanage. He doesn't make jokes and treats people with disrespect. If someone gets to open up, which isn't likely then you would know that his personality was caused by the rich people in Agate. Chris just despises rich people, since he thinks that they think that they're better than him. Chris may be cold, but if you really get to know him, then he can really be a good guy, but no one knows that because they're afraid of him. He views the Snagem and Cipher members as 'rich class' and despises them as well.

History: Chris was born in Phenac City, on a full moon. The doctors were puzzled about his eyes, but thought nothing of it. After a few days his parents took him home and they lived in peace, for a month, when three bandits came in and killed Chris's parents. The bandits also stole everything and dropped Chris off at the Pyrite orphanage as an act of supposed kindness, but the years at the orphanage were not good at all. Chris was subjected to beatings from the other kids, and the management, for being the weakest, but also the most rebellious.

When Chris was thirteen, he ran from the orphanage and lived deep in Pyrite, so he wouldn't be taken back. Soon enough, Chris found three kids like him, and started to make friends with them, but in a month, the same kids started to beat him up and throw him out. Chris had had it and had stolen a lot of water, food, and a big backpack from a store and went out into the desert on his own. His food and water rations were gone in a month, but that's all it took as he made it to Agate somehow.

But after getting to Agate, the kids saw him and made fun of him for being poor, but Chris dealt with it until he was fifteen. There he stole a few thousand from the rich kids and bought a hover bike and started riding around Orre, a month later Chris got bored with the Orre Region, and snuck on to a boat to Arkens, Chris had to leave the bike behind, but he didn't mind. In a month, he walked to Sunrise Town, to get his first Pokémon.

Starter: Cleffa
    (ooc: Yes, I'm using an old one, but I picked out this one since I'd LOVE to write out his responce to getting a Cleffa.)

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    Obviously... Accepted!

Now, while we wait for the OOC Thread to get accepted. Let's do Chapter 1!

~~~~~​

Chapter 1: Sunrise Town
    Number of Posts: 1
    Time of Day: Early Morning

Description
    A small isolated town on the south end of Morning Dew Island; it is surrounded by a thick forest which is nearly impossible to get through and even if you manage to, all you'll find is sea. The only reason this town is known is because of Prof. Pace, who grew up here.

Prof. Pace
    Prof. Pace was never a trainer himself, he grew up learning about the Pokémon of the world and became one of the best Pokémon Breeders in all of Arkens. He is quite nervous and doesn't like being surprised; he sweats a lot and isn't very good at public speaking... but that hasn't stopped him from becoming Arkens most talked about Professor.

Prof. Pace was pacing back and forth across the tiled floor of his very neat and tidy lab. "Oh... dear," he whined, "Where are those new trainers? They're all late," he turned towards the four Pokémon sitting upon the table in front of him. There was Togepi, Elekid, Magby, Budew, Pichu, Azurill and Cleffa... they all looked bored, as they had been sitting there for well over an hour.
    "Maybe I should call-" he began muttering, before being cut off by his aide. "Uh, sir?" said the aide, "The trainers have arrived."
    Prof. Pace's face lit up and he brushed his hands down his long white lab coat, "Ok! Send them in!"

What to Do
    In this post, all you have to do is explain about your character waking up and going to the lab to get their first Pokémon.

Koroc

Just smile and wave.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2011
    The sun rises and hits his face through his window which were open since his mom came in earlier to let some light in. Koroc began to twist and turn in his bed trying to go back to go back sleep because he was not ready to get up yet. Finally giving up and sat up and looked at his clock that was shaped like a Loudred. "What!" Koroc said shocked to see the time. "Oh my god I am late!" Koroc ran to his dresser and grabbed a bottle of gel and fix his hair.

Koroc's mom walks by his room noticing that he was putting gel in his hair and let out a little giggle. "Why do you put gel your hair into spikes and then just cover it with your bandana?" she asked with a smile.
    "If I ever have to take my bandana off I will not have to worry about fixing it." Koroc replied trying to sound as if he was really planning ahead. His mom continued on down the hallway as Koroc grabbed his bag and put in some of his gel and spare bandanas and other things that would be useful for his journey. Koroc ran to his closet and grabbed a few olive green dress shirts and black jeans and began folding them and placing them in his bag. Returning to his closet he pulled out another olive green dress shirt and a pair of black jeans and put the on.

Running down the stairs he passed by his little brother who was playing in the front room and into the kitchen. Koroc went into the pantry to see if they had any food he could eat on the run. He found a box of cherry pop tarts and quickly opened the box to grab two packages. He quickly gulped them down and ran to the front door to grab his shoes and threw them on. "Okay mom and dad I'm off!" Koroc yelled in a hurry. "Don't worry I will call everyday!" He bolted out the door and to the lab.

Koroc arrived at the lab winded so he bent over and placed his hands on his knees to catch his breath. Looking up he saw a lady in a white lab coat.

"Hi. I am Koroc Henderson and I am here to see Professor Pace." Koroc said smiling.

"Okay it will be just a moment." the lady said nicely as she went to the back. Returning very promptly she wave for Koroc to come in. He entered the door and saw a bunch of men and women in lab coats running around. The aide guided Koroc to the Professor and then walked back to the front desk where she was at the beginning. Koroc turn and faced the professor.

Prof. Pace show Koroc the pokemon that he was offering and told him a little bit about what he should expect on his journey. Koroc walked over to the pokemon and began pacing in front of them. Suddenly he stopped in front of a yellow pokemon with black markings that looked like a battery that could be plugged into the wall. "Hmmm what a strange pokemon." Koroc whispered to himself "He looks like he is pretty strong and looks pretty cool too." Koroc then made his decision and grabbed the yellow pokemon and told the professor that he want this one.

"Okay, Elekid he is a fine choice." Prof. Pace said and then went into his pocket and pulled out a red like phone. "This is a pokedex which allows you to keep track of all the pokemon you seen." He then went to a desk and grabbed five small red and white balls that seemed really small. " Here are you poke balls but remember to tap the little circle in the middle before to try to catch a pokemon to make it larger." Koroc smiled and thought that this was exciting. Thanking the professor Koroc began walking out the lab with his Elekid by his side.

rii - chii

Kihihihihi....
    Years
    Character Name: Sharon McDonald
    Birth Date: December 13, 1992

Appearance: She is quite short, and she wears a white t-shirt, and an indigo tanktop. She can wear a dark blue miniskirt which she wears everywhere. She doesn't care what the condition is. She wears azure boots with white bottoms. She wears a Poketch, which she received from Candine. She sometimes wears a poncho when she gets really cold. She even has a pair of sunglasses whenever she is in a warm area.

Personality: She is a person who looks for thrill, and is determined to win whatever it takes. She can be envious of the winner of a battle, but after getting to know the winner of the battle, she can be very friendly to be around with. Sometimes, whenever she falls from her fainting spells, she acts as if someone else has possessed her and attacks anyone that tries to help her in that state.

History: Sharon was born in the life of riches in HearthomeCity, everything was perfect. She had perfect health, and all the money that can buy whatever she wanted, but when she was 5, she realized how boring it was to have that much money. When she was 8, she stole all of her family riches and ran off to SnowpointTown and went off to train. She felt the rush just like when she stole her family's wealth. She knew that it would hurt them really badly, but she needed to find some thrill in her life for once.

She first learned how to skate in the Snowpoint Gym with Candine when she was 12 and failed miserablely. She didn't give up, and finally learned how to skate; she had decided to battle Candine by using one of Candine's Pokemon, she used Sneasel, but it didn't obey Sharon at all. Sharon decided to find a place where she could train to use Pokemon, but she knew that she was a criminal so she couldn't go back to Sinnoh ever again.

She decided to use a hot air balloon to find land that she could train, as she was flying, a couple of Starly poked a hole and she fell into an unknown area, she realized that she was in a totally different region. She was in the Arkens Region and she had finally landed in SunriseTown, she was found by a woman and mended Sharon. As she was mending, she told the woman about her dreams. The woman signed her up to receive a Pokemon a few years later. Two years later, she finally started her adventure.

Pokemon
    Happiny (Shii)

Level: 5
    Type: Normal
    Ability: Serene Grace
    Attacks: Pound, Charm, Copycat
    Nature: Docile

Hope is this okay xD;;
    If I get accepted, here's my trainer card :]

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
    Reily sat up in bed, blinking in the bright sunlight that was flooding her room. Odd, she thought, it's normally never this bright when I usually get up....wait....am I late? No! I must be late! She jumped up out of bed, threw together an outfit, grabbed her already packed backpack, and headed downstairs, taking the stairs two at a time. Her mother looked up at her.

"I see you're ready to go." She observed, "but your shirt's backwards." She laughed at the shocked expression on Reily's face as she hurried to inspect herself in the mirror. She turned it around and came out of the bathroom, which had the closest mirror.

"Yeah, thanks mom, love you, I'll remember to write...and call, bye!" She gave her mother a kiss and a hug, grabbed a few pieces of toast, and left the house, figuring that she would eat on the way to the lab.

Reily jogged to the laboratory, dang, I hate being late, the reason for that is I'm not supposed to be late, it goes against my nature, she thought as she started picking up the pace, suddenly, her foot caught in a ditch and she stumbled, though she managed to keep from falling. Great, just great, probably the most important day of my life and this is the first event of it.

"Need some help?" A familiar voice asked from behind her. She turned around quickly to face the speaker.

"Oh, ah, no thanks, I'm fi-Ivan!" She shrieked suddenly, just managing to restrain herself from hugging the person in front of her, a boy her age with short black hair and dark eyes. It was Ivan, her childhood best friend, he had started his journey a while before she had, and so he already had his first pokemon, which had been a mudkip. He had left Sunshine Town a while ago and though they had written, Reily hadn't seen him for a while. "I-can't believe it! What brings you here? Oh, and do you mind if we talk while we're walking, I'm kinda late..."

"Late?" Ivan pretended to seize up in shock, "you're never late! That's my job...sometimes." Reily laughed, it was true though, she had never been late once in her life, while Ivan had dozens of times, it usually wasn't his fault though, he had a bigger family than she had.

"So what brings you here?" She asked again, as she looked ahead and spotted the lab in the distance.

"To visit my best friend, what else? Oh, and to see my mom, she's been bugging me to come back and visit. So I did," he shrugged, stepping around a mud puddle on the ground.

"Oh, that's cool, hey, what pokemon have you got?" She asked suddenly, remembering the mudkip.

"Let me show you," Ivan grinned, as he took out three pokeballs and pressed the small white button on them. Out came a Marshtomp, a Roselia, and a Starly.

"Oh...wow..." Reily commented, "they're so...neat!" They continued to talk until they reached the lab, then Ivan got a call from his mother asking for him to come home.

"See you, Reily, keep writing." Ivan said with a wave of his hand before he turned around and headed once again down the road leading away from Professor Pace's laboratory. Meanwhile, Reily called out "bye," and walked inside, she had practiced her introduction in her head countless times before, and hoped she wouldn't mess up.

"Hello, sir," she began, addressing the scientist standing at the table with a few pokemon, "my name is Reily Lynn Jackson, and I'm here to see Professor Pace, I'm supposed to receive my first pokemon today." She held out the letter the professor had sent her. The scientist smiled,

"well, that's good. I'm Professor Pace, it's nice to meet you Reily." The professor said with another smile, before showing her to the table with the pokemon.

Reily turned somewhat red, embarrassed about her mistake, and followed Professor Pace to the table. She listened intently as he explained about each of the pokemon in turn, and then about what she should expect to encounter on her journey. After he had finished, he stood back to let Reily choose her pokemon.

"I- it's so hard to choose..." Suddenly, the togepi leapt into her arms and cried out happily. Reily smiled at it, "Togepi. I think I'll go with Togepi," she said decisively, looking at the Professor, who nodded, and took out a red device and several pokeballs, both of which he handed to Reily. She thanked him as she took him, and he explained the function of both items.

"Well, I wish you luck on your journey." Professor Pace said, shaking Reily's hand, "I'm sure you two will get along just fine." Then he let them leave, Reily thanking him once more time.

Wow, I got my first pokemon! She thought, as the Togepi bounced happily upon her shoulder. She said to it, "I think I'd better put you inside the pokeball." That was when Togepi began to protest frantically, shaking its whole body, "okay, I guess you're one of them." She told it, as it relaxed and began bobbing up and down on her shoulder, just like Marie's beautifly, she thought, thinking of another friend that she had, as she walked back towards the main part of the town, Togepi on her shoulder

Last edited:

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    pieCakeyy: *thumbs up* You're in! But, there seems to be a problem with your Trainer Card. Whenever I try to post it somewhere it doubles in size, making the image all blurry. D=

Koroc: That was an alright first post, just try to fix up your grammar and you sould do fine.
    You recieved a Level 5 Male Elekid!
    You recieved a Pokedex!
    You recieved 5 Pokeball's!
    You recieved an Arkens Map!

Slytherfang: Great! That introduction post has everything I would have asked for. Good job! =D
    You recieved a Level 5 Female Togepi!
    You recieved a Pokedex!

Everyone: If you don't make your first post within 3 days, you're out. If you're unable to do that let me know.
    Also, the OOC Thread is open and ready for action. Everyone should now post their Trainer Cards in the OOC.

rii - chii

Kihihihihi....
    Years
    SunriseTown – The Rise of an Adventure

As the sun started to rise, no one was home in this household. There was a sign on their door that said "Gone on Vacation," and a letter in the mailbox for the household. Suddenly, a woman and a girl named Sharon McDonald came running over to their house excited to be back. "I can't believe it's been three months since we left." Sharon said excited to come back home. "So, when can we go on another adventure?"

The woman entered the house as she took the letter from the mailbox to tell Sharon some bad news. "I'm afraid that I'm just way too tired to go on another adventure, maybe get one of your neighbours to take you." The woman said getting an iced tea to drink.

"I don't even know anyone here; they won't want to go with me." Sharon said disappointed as she went to open the letter."

"What do you mean you don't know anyone, you've been here for almost 2 years." Sharon's stepmother said as she fell to the couch and put her feet on the coffee table.

"They're a bunch of weaklings; they won't want to go on an exciting adventure." Sharon said as she read the letter.

"Well, you don't know that, there are a lot of nice people here, all you've really met were our neighbours, and they're older than I am." The woman laughed as she took a sip from her iced tea.

Sharon had read the letter that was addressed to her and smiled. "What's in that letter that makes you smile so?" asked the woman as she got up to see the letter.

"You know when you applied me for a Pokemon?" Sharon said excited.

"Yes, what about that, your Pokemon isn't suppose to come until two years later." The woman said nervously.

"Apparently, I was selected because they had a bigger amount of Pokemon to choose from, unfortunately, they chose the Pokemon for me." Sharon said as she headed upstairs.

"Sharon, where are you going?" her stepmother asked.

"I'm going to get some things for my adventure." Sharon said heading upstairs.

Sharon entered her room; it was as dirty as she left it with empty drawers because of her last trip. She pulled out a secret box and pulled out a Drifloon Doll which she treasures so much. She also pulled out a huge wad of cash that she had left over.

Sharon came down and was ready to go, her stepmother greeted her at the doorstep and handed Sharon a little gift. "What is it?" Sharon asked as she took the box.

"It's a hairpin; I want you to keep it to show that you are as special as this gem covered pin. It's also one of my family treasures." Sharon's stepmother said as she attached the pin into Sharon's long blonde hair.

"Thanks mom, I love you I'll do my best!" Sharon said running off.

"I know you will, at last Sharon has become a woman." Sharon's stepmother thought as she closed the door and walked off to the kitchen for more iced tea.

Sharon ran as fast as could and finally made it to the laboratory. "This is it, time for my first Pokemon!" Sharon thought as she ran into the room.

She was greeted by a scientist, "You should walk if you don't want to hurt yourself, and anyways Prof. Pace wants to see you."

"Alright, just let me have my Pokemon." Sharon said entering the room where she saw Prof. Pace pacing on the floor.

"She's here Mr. Pace for her Pokemon." The scientist said breaking Prof. Pace's train of thought.

"Alright, you must be Sharon McDonald?" Prof. Pace said as he went to get Sharon her stuff.

"Yes, that's right I'm in a hurry." Sharon said while tapping her feet on the floor.

"Here you are, and besides you should get to know your Pokemon." Prof. Pace said as he handed Sharon a Pokeball.

Sharon opened up the Pokeball to see what exciting Pokemon she got. Out came an egg like Pokemon with a cute little smile. "What the heck is that thing?" Sharon asked very confused.

"Use this Sharon, it's a Pokedex." Prof. Pace said as he handed Sharon the Pokedex.

She scanned the egg Pokemon and it gave the Pokemon's information.

Happiny

"The Playhouse Pokemon, It loves round white things. It carries an egg-shaped rock in imitation of Chansey."

Sharon had received 5 Pokeballs and an Arkens Map. She looked at her Happiny which was sleeping. "I decided to nicknamed my Happiny, Shii is that alright?" Sharon asked.

"Of course, that's a great nickname." Prof. Pace said as he pet Shii on the head.

Suddenly Shii was awoken and got really pissed off and use Pound over and over again on Prof. Pace and jumped right back into Sharon's hand.

"Thanks, I think me and Shii are going to get along just fine." Sharon said as she walked out the door.

"Thanks for stopping by, and have a good day…" Prof. Pace said as he fainted on the floor.

Sharon and her new Pokemon Shii started to leave SunriseTown, "We'll do our best Shii, and we'll become the greatest trainers of all time!" Sharon exclaimed to her Happiny. Happiny was determined and jumped off Sharon and was ready to follow Sharon. "That's the spirit, walking is the best way to become strong!" Sharon said as she ran off leaving SunriseTown behind and were starting to explore the Region of Arkens.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    "Cato, wake up!" ordered a female voice from inside a relatively small house, but could possibly be heard from across the street. Both her auburn hair and stained apron soared behind her as she rushed up a flight of stairs. Upon reaching the top, she made a sharp left in the narrow hallway and stopped before a polished wooden door.

"Cato!" she called again while simultaneously slamming her fists against the door. Without even waiting for a reply, she twisted the knob and allowed herself in the room. To her surprise, she found the room to be rather tidy and the bed unoccupied. Her green eyes scanned the room like a Staraptor's and when she was sure her son was no where to be found, eased herself deeper in to the room. Finally she stopped at the window, where she spotted a lone boy laying on the grass, staring at the sky.

"Cato, what the heck are you doing!?"

The boy seemed to not hear her, or was simply ignoring her, as he continued to gaze at the drifting clouds. The sun was beating hard on him, and although he was wearing both a green sweater vest and a white, long sleeve shirt, he seemed unbothered by the heat. He ran a hand over his curly, brown hair, and rested his head back on the grass.

"I know you hear me, young man!"

"All of Arkens can hear you, mother!" he shouted back smugly. Without much effort, he lifted himself off of the ground and dusted the grass off of his khaki pants, although he was pretty sure there was some left on his backside.

"Excuse me from trying to help out, but while you were out here daydreaming, you've seemed to lose track of time. You're going to be late for your meeting with that sweet Professor Pace."

The news caught Cato by surprise, but he tried not to let it show in his facial expression. He was hoping to be the earliest so he didn't have to mingle with any other trainers that would be visiting the lab for similar reasons. How he happened to foil his own plan was both irritating and amusing. Oh well, he was sure the joy of getting his first Pokemon would overshadow the fact that he was likely to be forced into a social engagement.

He quickly picked up his gray messenger bag off the ground and swung it around his shoulder. "I'll call you later mom!" he shouted to the window before turning his back to the house and making his way for the lab.

"Don't forget to call your father too!" he heard her call out faintly. He made a mental note to do so, but was sure he'd forget later.

As a new arrival to this town, Cato had a bit of trouble finding the lab. Three times he found himself facing a thick multitude of trees that enclosed the small town. Finally, he came across the building and immediately saw why he missed it so many times. Unlike Professor Birch's lab, which he was so used to seeing, Pace's lab was relatively small. That was when it hit him that the Professor's career was just kicking off and he would probably get a bigger lab in a couple of years.

In front of the building doors stood a female lab assistant who eyed Cato the moment he stepped up.

"Err... Hello, I'm here to see Professor Pace. Is he in today?"

"Do you have a letter of approval?" asked the assistant almost robotically. It was a dead give away that she planned to ask that question many times today.

The young man reached into his bag and pulled out a neatly folded letter. "I believe this is what you're referring to," he said, handing her the sheet of paper. She quickly skimmed it before nodding to him and ushering him into the lab.

"We've got another one!" she called out in the lab before shutting the doors. A man pacing back and forth immediately looked up at Cato and walked towards the boy.

"Right this way," said Professor Pace hastily as led Cato to a table littered with pokeballs and other equipment. "Cato Cornelius, correct?"

"That's me."

"Then this is for you," he said, grabbing a pokeball off the table and handing it the young man. Instinctively, Cato pressed the button on the sphere twice and watched as a red beam began to take shape. Before he knew it, a small, yellow mouse stood at his feet, surveying the world around it with a confused gaze.

"Pichu here is a new hatch, but I'm sure you can deal with it. Professor Birch speaks highly of you." Cato couldn't help but smile at the compliment, and then lowered to the Pichu's level, which allowed it to quickly scurry up his arm. Sensing the bond already forming between the two, Pace knew Cato wouldn't object to the choice and handed him his pokedex along with five extra pokeballs. He patted the young trainer on the shoulder and looked into his eyes.

"Welcome to the world of Pokemon. May you have many safe and thrilling adventures."

"I'll try my best, sir," Cato said, before exiting the building. His journey was just beginning.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    pieCakeyy: That was a perfect post, I like the way that you incorporated the fact that Prof. Pace is... awkward.
    You recieved a Level 5 Female Happiny (Shii)!
    You recieved a Pokedex!

Gummy: Fantastic! One of the best intro posts yet, it sounds like Cato's mum has a thing for Prof. Pace. But, it might just be my imagination. XD
    You recieved a Level 5 Male Pichu!
    You recieved a Pokedex!

Years
    this girl just wants to have fun.

A cold shiver ran up and down Elsie's spine as she sat up from her cocoon made from blankets, shaking her raven hair out of her face. Her curtains were drawn, revealing high mountains and little kids giggling outside, throwing snowballs at one another. A smile lit up Elsie's face as she remembered what the day would lie ahead. She slipped out of her bed, a train of her cotton blankets following her as she marched over to her wooden door, where her Pikachu calendar had been pinned up. Elsie jumped up, pure excitement dancing across her face. "Yes!" she practically screamed. And then the grumpy stomps approached her bedroom, and she gulped.

Rushing back into bed, she re-wrapped her cocoon around herself while the door flung open. "You can't hide from me, Elsie, get up. C'mon." Her father's voice seemed calm for once; maybe he was just so utterly happy that she wouldn't be in his sight for awhile? Elsie was definitely excited about this, breaking out into the real world of Pokémon. She never had had a Pokémon before, but she adored her father's Flygon – who was now with her brother – but otherwise besides seeing little kids running around with them in the little grassy plains they had in Snowpoint City, she never saw any Pokémon.

Elsie grabbed her indigo backpack slung from her desk chair and ran to her closet, flinging different articles of clothing and items on the floor. She folded the clothes she was going to take on her journey and placed them carefully at the bottom of the backpack, before fishing out the little packet of pokéblocks she had. Elsie dragged the backpack along the floor as she skipped down the corridor to the bathroom, she grabbed her cheap brush and ran it through her raven hair. She grabbed a hair – tie off of the vanity, pulling it against her wrist. Then she threw all of her toiletries into her backpack, before skipping off into the kitchen.
    "Your brother says good luck." Her father's voice said, merely in a whisper. Elsie glanced over in his direction, surprised. Her brother had called? Elsie ran to the cupboard, pulling out a bowl and cereal and scuffing it all down.

"Thanks Dad," A smile graced her face as she ran a hand through her hair, slinging the backpack over her shoulder. "I should really head off; I need to get to the Professor's lab!" Elsie exclaimed, rocking back on her heel, before glancing down at herself. "I should probably get changed first..." It was more a note to self, but her father raised his eyebrows, turning his head back to the flashing television. Soon Elsie was back in her bedroom, putting on her snow suit and Ugg boots, before waving goodbye to her bedroom and marking off the day on her calendar.
    Elsie marched back into their small living room/kitchen, and gave her father a kiss on the cheek. "See you, Dad; I'll call you when I get there!" The enthusiasm was obvious in her voice, and she smoothed out her clothes before running out the door. Her father waved, his muddy brown eyes not leaving the television set. She did a cartwheel down the side walk, before rushing off to catch the ferry to the Arkens region.

It took awhile for Elsie to find the lab, asking random trainers for directions, but she eventually got help and found her way. Anxiously, she opened the door to the lab, a nervous smile sweeping her face. "...Hello?" she asked, swallowing a forming lump. She carefully placed a booted foot down on the tiles, finally realizing that this was it. She was here, at Professor Pace's lab! What a day this would be! Elsie's eyes followed the approaching assistant that took her hand, "You must be one of the new trainers? Yes, let me see the letter, please sweetheart." Elsie rummaged through her backpack and handed the assistant the letter, she nodded and led her to the countertop where only a few pokéballs where placed in round sockets. Then there was the professor.

"...I'm sorry I'm late, I..." Her dreams were already coming true, actually meeting a professor! Elsie swallowed another lump, before continuing, "I live in the Sinnoh region, it...it...took me awhile to get here." Elsie wasn't sure if she should have explained why she was dressed in such warm clothes, or why she was even here, it was all just so...exciting.
    "Welcome and you must be...?" Professor Pace asked, lifting his head from the pokéballs.
    "Elsie...Elsie Laird..." Elsie exclaimed, sweat dripping from her forehead. Who knew that meeting a professor could be so suspenseful? "I received the letter from you; I'm one of the new trainers..." Her eyes travelled down to the few pokéballs that were left. With a nod the Professor lifted his hand and grabbed one of the pokéballs, Elsie's muddy brown eyes lit up in excitement. This is it! She thought, wiping the sweat that was rolling down her cheek. She held out her palm, examining the red and white pokéball before it was even placed in her hand.
    Finally the small ball was placed in her hand, and Elsie began jumping up and down in utter excitement. This was the day where her adventure would begin, where should would finally train hard and love her adorable new Pokémon, where she would grow and learn more than she knew from watching the Pokénews and watching Pokémon contests. Maybe she'd even grow strong enough to defeat her brother?

The professor snapped her out of her little day dream, "This pokéball contains the Pokémon Igglybuff." Igglybuff? How cute! She'd seen one on one of the Pokémon contests, god, they were adorable. What a great starter Pokémon? Elsie smiled brightly, before pulling the Professor into a friendly hug.
    "Thank you so much Professor!" Her cheeks turned a crimson red, as she had just realized what she had just done. Unofficial, much? Elsie gulped down a new, much bigger lump and then a small pink ball appeared in front of her. Igglybuff waddled towards her feet and Elsie's eyes widened.

"Welcome to the world of Pokémon." Professor Pace finally announced.

Last edited:

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    Chapter One: The Beginning

The moment that Bret had been waiting for arrived. As he sat in his room with his parents, the boat came to a sudden stop and an announcement came on that they had finally arrived. At last… Bret had felt like time had slowed down by half and a second took a minute to pass. He wondered if this was a normal thing for a beginner trainer to feel or if it was just a Bret thing.

Bret didn't even wait for his parents. He took off without them and booked it off the boat and onto the dry land. As he ran down the slope, though, he tripped and landed flat of his face, allowing some time for his parents to catch up. They each took hold of one of his arms and hoisted him back on his feet.

"I wonder if this is a good idea," Bret's father said.

Bret wiped some dirt off his shirt and adjusted his clothing before he scowled at his dad. "Dad, please, I'm gonna be great at this. Just watch."

His dad didn't do anything but sigh.

Bret's mother pulled him in and kissed him on the cheek. "Well, we're going to go back to Kanto now, honey. I'm glad we managed to come to say our last goodbye."

Bret pushed her away. "Mom, I'm not a little kid anymore! Just please go. I'll call you sometimes."

His mother just nodded and hugged him one last time. She got back on the boat along with Bret's father and Bret watched the boat until it looked like nothing more than a black speck.

Bret's heart swelled with joy and all he could think was "Yes!" He was here in the new region and his parents were gone. He was on his own. He couldn't stand around and think about his adventure anymore. The lab was just a little off, and it held Bret's beginner pokemon just waiting for its new trainer. Bret turned around to head to the lab.

"Oh, wait…" he mumbled.

Bret pulled out his cellphone and immediately turned it off. He didn't need his mom to call him in exactly two seconds.

Bret didn't hesitate another second. He bolted for the lab and didn't stop at the door. He ran straight through it into the large pokemon lab.

A guy was sitting down rummaging through a bag mumbling under his breath. Bret didn't know who the guy was, but he was so excited that he didn't care who this guy was.

"Hiya, mister!" Bret shouted excitedly.

The man shouted out and dropped everything in his hands. Little red and white orbs rolled across the floor. Bret knew they were pokeballs; he had seen the guy he was traveling with use them to throw at pokemon to capture them, some even rare ones. Wow, it brought back great memories.

"Oh, wait- I'm sorry!"

Bret leaped in and grabbed a rolling pokeball. He grabbed it and leaped back up on his feet.

The man was standing up, breathing heavily. "You…scared me," he said.

"Um, I noticed," Bret replied. He wanted to learn more about this guy.

"The trainers are here!" shouted another guy.

Bret couldn't talk. Young trainers were suddenly pouring into the room. They all lined up horizontally in the lab so the man could talk to them. He looked at Bret.

"You- you're a beginner, right? Get in the line."

Bret walked all the way to the end and waited. The man tried to look as professional as possible as he stood in front of the young people.

"Hello, my name is Professor Pace," he introduced.

Ah, so that is who he is, Bret thought.

The professor soon came around and passed each trainer a pokedex and then five pokeballs. He then walked around with some more pokeballs.

"These are your beginners," he explained.

As he was passing them out, the professor exclaimed loudly and frantically looked around. "Where's the last pokemon?" he asked.

Bret almost had to laugh. The last pokemon was in the palm of his hand, where he had rescued it before. "I have it," he chuckled.

The professor let out a breath of relief and set all the trainers off. Bret left the lab to start his new pokemon adventure.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    mandyy21: You already know what I said about your post. XD
    You recieved a Level 5 Male Igglybuff!
    You recieved a Pokedex!

Pika_Master414: Good post, I can tell I'm going to enjoy watching Bret travel through Arkens.
    You recieved a Level 5 Male Magby!
    You recieved a Pokedex!

~~~~~

Chapter 2: Route 1
    Number of Posts: 2
    Time of Day: Morning

Description
    A wide and grassy road that is nearly completely covered in tall grass, large trees surround the route... making it impossible to go in any other direction.

What to do in a Route/Forest/Cave
    Catch Wild Pokémon
    Battle Other Trainers
    Find/Receive Items

Other Stuff
    When trying to catch a wild Pokémon, explain; finding the Pokémon, battling it and end with throwing the Pokéball. From there, I decide whether your post was good enough for you to capture the Pokémon.

You cannot battle the other trainers that are in the RP, it just slows everyone down and can create arguments. All you have to do is simply make-up a random trainer and make a post about you battling them.

Don't be too elaborate when you want to find an item, as in... if you were playing the game, you wouldn't find an Overheat TM on Route 1.
    Find simple items; Pokéball's, Potions, Antidotes and Berries. If you want to obtain a TM, let me know (through PM) and I'll see what I can do.

Wild Pokémon
    Pidgey

Level: 2-4
    Type: Normal/Flying
    Ability: Keen Eye or Tangled Feet
    Attacks: Tackle
    Nature: Random
    Rarity: Common

Zigzagoon

Ability: Pick Up or Gluttony
    Attacks: Tackle, Growl

Wurmple

Type: Bug
    Ability: Shield Dust
    Attacks: Tackle, String Shot

Spinarak

Level: 3-4
    Type: Bug/Poison
    Ability: Swarm or Insomnia
    Attacks: Poison Sting, String Shot
    Rarity: Uncommon

Buneary

Level: 3-4
    Ability: Run Away or Klutz
    Attacks: Splash, Pound, Defence Curl, Foresight
    Rarity: Uncommon

Koroc

Just smile and wave.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2011
    Koroc entered the tall grassy area holding his Elekid's hand as he felt a sudden jerk. Looking down he noticed that Elekid was trying to go off in another direction.

"Hey, Elekid lets keep straight we have a better chance of getting out of here that way!" Koroc said as he was fighting against the pokemon.

Koroc was able to overpower the little pokemon and drag him in the direction that he wanted to go. Elekid finally got up and began to walk and follow his trainer. Suddenly Elekid pulled his hand away from Koroc and took off running deep in the grass to where he thought was south.

"I see you want to be a trouble maker." Koroc said placing his hand on his head.

Koroc gave chase to the elekid throughout the grass and slowly he was catching up to his pokemon. Noticing that Elekid had stopped Koroc slowed down to a walking pace and grabbed his pokemon's hand. Elekid pulled his hand away again and they pointed out into the grass. He seemed to be pointing at a small raccoon like pokemon. It had brown and tan zigzag fur and it seemed to have gotten into somebody's stuff.

"Hey get away from there!" Koroc yelled trying to scare the pokemon away.

The pokemon turn and started to growl at Koroc. Koroc thought he should find out a little more about his pokemon thief so he pulled out his pokedex. Zigzagoon, the tiny raccoon pokemon, normally seen running around in a zigzag fashion in forests and plain. Being a very curious pokemon it wanders everywhere getting into almost anything. Koroc closed his pokedex and then told Elekid to get ready for battle.

The zigzagoon lunged at Elekid as it stood still waiting for its trainers command.

"Okay Elekid, use your quick attack to dodge and the follow it up with your leer attack!"

Elekid dashed to the side and it seemed like he was making copies of himself. Stopping Elekid then made a angry face and stared down the zigzagoon. The pokemon growled back at Elekid and then charged at him again.

"Use another quick attack to dodge and follow it with leer like last time!"

Again Elekid dashed to the side and gave it another angry look. The zigzagoon seemed to keep getting angry and charged with yet another tackle. Keeping up with the same strategy Koroc continued t tell his pokemon to dodge and leer until he noticed that he was just making his pokemon tired.

"Keep it up buddy!"

This time Elekid could didn't dodge and was hit hard by the tackle attack.

"Why didn't he dodge that?" Koroc whispered as he looked at his pokemon. Elekid was tied and it began to show. Koroc began to think that he would get no where if he just keeps dodging so he had to attack and end this quickly.

"Enough playing around. Counter that tackle with your quick attack Elekid!"

Elekid got up and ran towards the pokemon with some speed and hit the zigzagoon head on. Both pokemon seemed to fly backwards bit Elekid landed on his feet while the zigzagoon hit the ground. The zigzagoon struggled to his feet determined to continue fighting and charged at Elekid. Elekid looked up at Koroc and saw him nod his head and it proceeded with another quick attack. This time it looked like Elekid overpowered the pokemon and sent it flying backwards again. They watched as the pokemon struggled to get up but then it fell again. Seeing that it was out of energy Koroc congratulated Elekid for a job well done.

"Your are quite a tough pokemon I think that you would make a fine addition to our team." Koroc said grabbing a pokeball from his pocket. "Pokeball go!" The ball flew towards the fainted zigzagoon spinning. Hitting the pokemon it opened up and a red light came from the pokeball and sucked the pokemon into it. The pokeball closed over the light and hit the ground and began shaking and the center circle began to flash. Koroc and Elekid stared at the pokeball wiggling with an amazed look as it was both of their first time seeing a pokemon being caught.

Last edited:

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    "Pichu Pichu PICHU!" the small mouse protested at the sight of the tall grass and thick forest rapidly approaching. He quickly jumped off his trainer's shoulder and stood his ground, confident nothing was going to get him to enter the thick grassland.

Cato let out a deep sigh and lowered to his Pokemon's level. "I guess Pace wasn't lying about you being a new hatch. Look little guy, as long as you stay close to me, nothing will happen to you."

The Pichu scratched his head as if he were in deep though, then with an enthusiastic "PICHU!" jumped back onto Cato's shoulder. It would have been a nice trainer and Pokemon moment if it weren't for the increasing crowd of new trainers rushing carelessly into the tall grass.

"I bet half won't make it to the text town..." Cato said coldly as he got to his feet.

Although Cato had spent lots of his time sifting through the tall grass on the outskirts of New Bark Town, he had never encountered tall grass like this. The prickly blades and weeds seemed to pierce his thick layer of clothing and irritate his skin to no end. On top of that, there were random trees sprouting from the ground, most likely due to the nearby forest. He suddenly found himself jealous of the small Pokemon perched a top his shoulder.

Rustle, rustle.

The sound was almost unnoticeable when the pair passed by a rather large tree. Cato simply brushed it off as a scared Pokemon running away from his and the other trainers' presence. Then he heard it a second time, and then a third. When the noise sounded a forth time, Cato focused hard on it source and realized it was coming from behind them and... above!

Without warning, Cato make a quick 180 degree turn, causing Pichu to fall off his arm. As the Pokemon began plummeting toward the ground, the leaves in the tree rustled once more but this time, a green spider-like Pokemon appeared. It was a Spinarak, Cato knew immediately, as the Pokemon were quite common in Johto. Right before Pichu hit the ground, the Spinarak shot a white string of webbing at the small mouse Pokemon, catching him in mid air.

Cato watched in disbelief as his Pokemon was quickly behind reeled into the Spinarak's domain. "I'm not breaking my promise to Pichu already! Use Thundershock, quickly!"

Fearing for his own life, Pichu obeyed the attack command without hesitation and released a bolt of electricity. Usually a baby Pichu's Thundershock would go all over the place, but Spinarak's String Shot provided a direct link between the two Pokemon, causing it to withstand the full brunt of the attack. Like a broken twig, the spider Pokemon dropped from the tree and disappeared into the tall grass. Pichu also fell to the ground and quickly untangled himself.

"Don't let your guard down Pichu, it's still here."

As soon as Cato finished his sentence, a flurry of white needles flew past Pichu and nearly hit the trainer himself. Droplets of sweat fell from Cato's forehead as the scene went quiet once again. Unwilling to give the Spinarak another chance like that, the young trainer formulated a plan.

"Pichu, use Tail Whip," he said calmly. This time, Pichu did hesitate, wondering if his trainer knew what kind of danger the small mouse was in. When he saw Cato give him a slight nod, Pichu bent over and began wagging his tail.

From the shadows, Spinarak jumped from its hiding spot and headed for Pichu, hoping to take down the seemingly unsuspecting Pokemon by surprise. Little did it know, Cato was hoping it would lower its defenses like that.

"He fell for it! Now shock him again!"

Being in mid-air, Spinarak was completely unable to dodge the attack and jolts of lightning shot out from Pichu's body in all direction. A couple had a direct hit on Spinarak, and the spider Pokemon fell with a thud. Not giving it a chance to recover again, Cato retrieved one of his pokeballs and threw it at the spot where Spinarak had fallen. Anxiously, he awaited the 'ding' pokeballs made when a Pokemon was caught.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    Koroc: Good first post for route 1! Elekid seems like quiet a handful and so does that Zigzagoon...
    You caught a Level 3 Male Zigzagoon!

Gummy: Your post was great too! Pichu seems a little careless on his own and when he's ordered to do something, he's quite hesitant...
    You caught a Level 4 Male Spinarak!

Both of You: Update your Trainer Cards and post them in the OOC Thread.

rii - chii

Kihihihihi....
    Years
    Route 1 (Part 1) – The Beginning of a Journey

Sharon and Shii started to walk down the pathway to find a sign that said "Route One". "We finally made it Shii, you ready for our first adventure, because I sure am!" Sharon said as she ran off into the route. Shii ran off with Sharon excited for their adventure. "You're quite energetic for a baby Pokemon." Sharon laughed. Shii simply laughed back.

As they walked down the route, they decided to take a rest along the tree. "What a nice morning, don't you think?" Sharon asked. Shii didn't reply as it looked at bunny-like Pokemon. "That's not my thing Shii." Sharon said she fell back into the tree. Shii started to cry and annoyed Sharon. "Alright, I'll catch that Pokemon!" Sharon said as she got up to attempt to catch it.

Sharon pulled out her Pokedex and identified the rabbit Pokemon.

Buneary the Rabbit Pokemon, It slams foes by sharply uncoiling its rolled ears. It stings enough to make a grownup to cry in pain.

"Looks like it's time to use a Pokeball!" Sharon said as she pulled out a Pokeball.

Suddenly her Pokedex said something, "In order to catch a Pokemon, you must first weaken the Pokemon by using a Pokemon."

"Alright Shii, looks like this is where you come in," Sharon said as she brought Shii into the battlefield.

This was going to be Shii's first Pokemon battle, so she was a little nervous. Buneary got into battle position and ran up to Shii and used Pound.

Shii had taken damage from that stinging attack. "Are you alright Shii?" Sharon said as went to help Shii. Shii got back on its feet ready to try fighting. "That's the spirit, never give up!" Sharon encouraged Shii.

Shii started by using Charm, Buneary gazed it Shii's charm, it had certainly gotten weaker. "You're doing great Shii, keep it up!" Sharon exclaimed. Shii then used Pound and dealt some damage to the wild Buneary.

Buneary suddenly got mad and came running at Shii attempting to use Pound over and over again. Shii took multiple hits, but didn't do as much damage thanks to Shii's prior use of Charm.

"Hang in there Shii; you can take down this pushover." Sharon cheered. "Shii, use Pound!" Shii pounded Buneary as hard as it could, but Buneary used Defence Curl to weaken all the blows.

Both Shii and Buneary were both weak, but Shii continued to use Pound, while Buneary kept on using Defence Curl to weaken the blow each time Buneary used Defence Curl. "This is taking a long time, maybe we should wait for now." Sharon said as she called in Shii to stop.

Buneary finally saw that Shii had stopped attacking and came in with a Pound, but Shii dodged the attack just in time and Buneary hit the tree. "That's the stuff Shii; you look like a professional Pokemon battler!" Sharon complimented.

"Shii, use Pound as hard as you can, that should knock Buneary out!" Sharon exclaimed. Shii ran in to give Buneary the final blow, it hit directly in the weak spot and Buneary fell to the ground. "Alright, finally Buneary is down." Sharon said as she pulled out a fresh Pokeball.

Suddenly Buneary came up, ready to continue fighting, and "How is that possible?" Sharon wondered.

Buneary had used Endure before it was hit by the powerful Pound, "I guess this is good enough to catch Buneary!" Sharon said as she threw the Pokeball, but Buneary jumped out of the way by using Splash.

Sharon picked up the Pokeball, and got really annoyed. Shii used Copycat and started to use Splash and started to have fun. "This is really annoying, stop bouncing and use Pound!" Sharon shouted.

Shii ignored Sharon and started to play with Buneary, Buneary was totally distracted; this was the perfect chance to use a Pokeball. "Alright, go Pokeball!" Sharon exclaimed and threw her Pokeball to capture Buneary.

Buneary was sucked into the Pokeball and the capsule started to shake. Sharon was nervous as she watched the Pokeball shake around. "I wonder how long this will take; I hope I catch it…" Sharon said under her breath. Will the Buneary get caught, only time will tell...

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    pieCakeyy: Good post! Haha, that Buneary seems very playful... I'm sure it and Shii will be best friends! One problem, Buneary doesn't know Endure at that level... D=
    You caught a Level 4 Female Buneary!

Update card plox! XP

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    Chapter 1: A Big Mess... (Part 1)

(Chris)

Chris sighed as he finally made it through the thick trees into Sunlight Town. "Heh, I made it... I wonder what I'll get." Chris then thought about a Trapinch or a Bagon. "Heh, that would be cool. As long as it isn't Magikarp though." Chris ran towards the laboratory in the distance, looking at the people along the way. "Lazy slobs."

After five minutes, Chris had made it to the laboratory where Professor Pace was at. "It took a month, but I finally got here. Ha!" Chris walked in so confident, he forgot to open the door and broke the glass, cutting his arm.

"Hey, that man is breaking into Pace's laboratory." Said a kid pulling at his mom's shirt. The mom who was reading the paper just said.

"Yeah, right. And pigs fly." The mom turned the page, but the boy just kept pulling on her blouse.

(Chris)

"Oh sweet mother of mercy!" Yelled Chris as he pulled a shard out of his arm rather painfully.

"Are you okay?" Asked a voice from down the hall. "Oh, and you owe me 50000 P$ for the door."

Chris got up and faced the professor and said. "Yeah, yeah. So what is my pokemon?"

"Excuse me? Wait, are you Christopher Evans?" Asked Samuel. Chris nodded in confirmation. "I see... come with me."

(Main Laboratory)

"Since you got here late... I have only one left." Said Pace as he gave Chris the pokeball. Chris tossed out the ball, and out came a cute pinkish pokemon with brown ears, and a little curl on top. "Chris... meet Cleffa." Chris looked on in shock.

"That's my Pokemon? It looks even weaker than a Magikarp!" Yelled out Chris. Cleffa just shrinked back in fear.

"Now, now. All pokemon have some sort of power, and Cleffa turns into a powerful pokemon later on." Said Pace as he paced around the room. "If you two can get along, then you will be a good team."

"... I don't have much of a choice... do I?" Asked Chris. Pace just shook his head. "I thought so... I need the equipment everyone else got."

"Sure, but you look like you came from Orre with the level of fatigue I see from you." Said Pace completely missing the irony.

"Just hurry up." Said Chris impatiently. Pace grabbed the last backpack and gave it to Chris. "Map, Pokeballs, pokedex... all here. Thanks." Chris then dashed off into route 1.

"I hope I didn't sentence that boy to death." Said Pace. He looked back and saw a mother spank her kid for lying. "... why do I live here again?" Pace then waked into his laboratory to sleep off the rest of the day.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    Rubii Naruto: Good post! Looks like Chris is going to have a tough time with Cleffa as his partner... lol, XP
    You recieved a Level 5 Female Cleffa!
    You recieved a Pokedex!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back