• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2023
    my fire red rom is .zip.sgm
    do i need to download another one that is .gba?
    the other things are like you said

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2022
    my fire red rom is .zip.sgm
    do i need to download another one that is .gba?
    the other things are like you said
    .sgm is a save state file, not a rom.

you need to download a gba file of version 1.0 firered
    there are v1.1 and v1.0 as well as slightly modifired roms on the net, check with the crc i posted a couple pages back to make sure you got the right rom

Hey bro, do you have any walkthough for this game?
    no walkthrough, but there are plenty of let's plays on youtube,
    it also follows basically the pokemon adventures manga so you can read to find out.

Years
  • 4) Really? That's strange. Which battle was it?
    It ONLY happens if you are using Fire Ref & Leaf Green clothes. With the Red, Green and Blue clothes, the mugshot works well.

NOTE: I think the game is better if we gain experience slowly, because the hack was too easy and we almost never lose with trainers, that's only my opinion.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2020
    Hey uhh during the showdown facing articuno/moltres/zapdos i didnt evolve my bulbasoar and i didnt get the primal roots, what do i do?

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2020
    yea so do i have to level up bulbasoar to 30? and if so how? Because during the final fight he is only level 25

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2018
    What is the problem you're having?
    are you sure you're using a clean firered v1.0 rom?
    The problem is that my laptop is damaged due to this I am using my android phone
    And I used ROM patcher android app to patch it but I can't that why I need patched ROM.
    Because I think I can't patch ROM in android perfectly.

Years
  • yea so do i have to level up bulbasoar to 30? and if so how? Because during the final fight he is only level 25

yeah you have to Lvl up till Lvl40.

The problem is that my laptop is damaged due to this I am using my android phone
    And I used ROM patcher android app to patch it but I can't that why I need patched ROM.
    Because I think I can't patch ROM in android perfectly.

idk what's the problem with Rom Patcher, but it doesn't works properly. Use MyBoy's patching system or Unipatcher to patch it. & make sure you have a Clean Fire Red 1.0 Rom

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2016
    Can somebody tell me where I can find Kyurem i've seen the icefall cave incident.(psst.. by the way is there a cave called ying-yang or am i making things up?)

And can anybody tell me how to get the cresselia, i;ve gotten into the summit but the pokemon is not appearing day or night!

And then again there is the torocco island chapters make me go crazy....!
    The hack is sooo great i really want to hit the end, PLS DO HELP O WISELY ONES!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2016
    Hi im kinda stuck here. the bulbasaur doesnt seem to appear after i catch cubone and i dont seem to find the other pokemon that were lost some help?

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2016
    Hi im kinda stuck here. the bulbasaur doesnt seem to appear after i catch cubone and i dont seem to find the other pokemon that were lost some help?

Well the bulbasaur is in the living flower , spearow near the house(yours) and jigglypuff inside the fence beside the lab.

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2017
    1) No, I'm pretty sure you can use other Pokemon other than the one in the story.
    2) Yeah, I've lowered the exp for this beta to see what other people think. I think I might scale it back up.
    3) That's weird, I've never changed the money rate of Trainers lol
    4) Really? That's strange. Which battle was it?
    5) I see, I'll fix that ability. Thanks.
    6) That's definitely a glitch. I'll go fix that. Thanks.

1) Its true, but with the lowered exp, it´s so slow to start training other pokemons than main story ones
    2) Like it :P
    3) I remember, in beta 11, when you defeat a trainer, it gives you 3k of money, now, its like original, giving you 200+-
    4) It apears to me on every gym battle and rival battle
    5) & 6) Im happy on helping

You made a good job here

Years
  • Can somebody tell me where I can find Kyurem i've seen the icefall cave incident.(psst.. by the way is there a cave called ying-yang or am i making things up?)

And can anybody tell me how to get the cresselia, i;ve gotten into the summit but the pokemon is not appearing day or night!

And then again there is the torocco island chapters make me go crazy....!
    The hack is sooo great i really want to hit the end, PLS DO HELP O WISELY ONES!

Kyurem cannot be obtained in Beta 11.
    Cresselia won't appear until you have helped the boy who is having Bad dreams at Valencia Island (I don't know but i am unable to do it even with Munna).
    Torocco Island is located East of Pummelo Island.

Years
  • Hi Aethestode!, long time since my last post here! Of course I still follow your hack, who could not?

Anyways, on the issue of the level rates and experience... Your hack is HUGE, and I guess that's why you lowered them, right? If the game is long and the level curve goes fast you end up with lv 100 Pokémon and you still have a long way to go in the game. In my opinion your solution is great, lowering them in order to prevent that, but it is also tough to implement. It requires you to be very carfeul with what you do with opposing trainers, the moves and levels you put them. And to balance even more you can also stretch the level-up movepool the Pokémon learn so that it doesn't have its best moves at lv 50, but later.

Maybe you can make your starter start at lv 1 or 2, and go very slowly, with Brock having lv 6-7 Geodudes, or something like that, of course that requires having low exp. rates, so that your team reaches Brock near those levels.

I don't know, just my 2 cents, your job is awesome and I am sure you'll find the right solution.

PD: A shame you don't do Green anymore, the hack I've laughed the most in my life, the amount of things your mind and that character could have produced would have been absolutely amazing.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2021
    I thought that there was no concurrent thread here, but there is. awesome. I REALLY like this romhack, i've played it for about two years throughout the various betas, and its been great. I really hope that this new version 12 gets finished because its gonna be amazing. I just wish that the glitches could not be glitches. Like if this was a polished game, It would be so cool to know how to convert this into data that could replace an actual game card, so that it could be played on a real device, rather than an emulator. That would be so cool.

Aethestode

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Starting from tomorrow, I'm going to resume work on Beta 12 (since my work project is finally completed). Okay, several people have said to me via pm (trust me, i don't enjoy these pm, but anyway) that they are worried that Beta 12 wouldn't be out this year since the demo is only up to Lavender Town and it's already May. Okay, now here's the thing. I can complete 1 town/city in half a day (Therefore, literally, I can complete the entire Kanto saga in merely 4-5 days). The only reason why I'm taking so long is because I haven't been working on Beta 12 much due to work (so many distractions) and also because I'm constantly adding new Pokemon into the game. So if you're worried that Beta 12 isn't going to be released this year, don't be.

Years
  • Starting from tomorrow, I'm going to resume work on Beta 12 (since my work project is finally completed). Okay, several people have said to me via pm (trust me, i don't enjoy these pm, but anyway) that they are worried that Beta 12 wouldn't be out this year since the demo is only up to Lavender Town and it's already May. Okay, now here's the thing. I can complete 1 town/city in half a day (Therefore, literally, I can complete the entire Kanto saga in merely 4-5 days). The only reason why I'm taking so long is because I haven't been working on Beta 12 much due to work (so many distractions) and also because I'm constantly adding new Pokemon into the game. So if you're worried that Beta 12 isn't going to be released this year, don't be.

Hey, that's great to hear! Nice to know you're adding more Pokemon.

Back