• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Platinum hack: Pokémon Altered Platinum - Sinnohan Forms, Increased Difficulty, and more!

Should I buff defenses to compensate for no EVs? (See post on page 4)

• Total voters

Lithobraker

Practicioner of the fine art of breaking one's fal
Years
  • yes thats what i said i used a vanilla rev 1 platnium rom....

Did you use a Renegade Platinum patch at all? You're ONLY supposed to use the patch provided in the download on the vanilla Rev 1 rom, absolutely nothing else. Nothing from the Renegade Platinum release is required for installation.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2022
    Hello bro

The game have location change EV/IV/Nature Editor like Radical Red and more??

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Hello bro

The game have location change EV/IV/Nature Editor like Radical Red and more??

You don't really need those because the game's not so demanding of having absolutely perfect natures and IVs. There are no EVs in this hack, so you don't have to worry about that.

Years
    • Seen today
    In the Team Galactic Eterna Building, there's a Galactic Grunt who's supposed to have a Sinnohan Swablu according to the docs, but has a Glameow instead.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2023
    Br-r-r-ruh
    Idk if it's your hack.
    Or if it's the renegade platinum speed up patch.
    But Bug Bite keeps crashing my game.
    I crash every time without fail.

If it's a speed up patch problem
    Please make a compatable one.
    Ds pokemon games are dam near unplayable to me without it anymore.
    It's a complete slog.
    Doesn't mix well with my Perpetual ADHD.

0 meds
    Fuck Adderall.

EDIT.
    I'm using Twilight Menu++ on a New 3ds XL. Latest update.
    0 cheat combatibilty with renegade.
    So I can't use 60fps text speed up cheats either.

WHICH SUCKS.
    CAUSE THIS SHIT B LOOKIN FRESH.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Br-r-r-ruh
    Idk if it's your hack.
    Or if it's the renegade platinum speed up patch.
    But Bug Bite keeps crashing my game.
    I crash every time without fail.

If it's a speed up patch problem
    Please make a compatable one.
    Ds pokemon games are dam near unplayable to me without it anymore.
    It's a complete slog.
    Doesn't mix well with my Perpetual ADHD.

0 meds
    Fuck Adderall.

EDIT.
    I'm using Twilight Menu++ on a New 3ds XL. Latest update.
    0 cheat combatibilty with renegade.
    So I can't use 60fps text speed up cheats either.

WHICH SUCKS.
    CAUSE THIS SHIT B LOOKIN FRESH.
    It's the speed up patch for Renegade Platinum that breaks Bug Bite. However, if you turn battle animations off, Bug Bite can be used without crashing the game.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2023
    Bruh i gotchu
    even better (debateable)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ruuNC3zNHIn7di2GRmoZyJ1xf_yL0lMG/view?usp=sharing
    Sometimes yah just gotta do things your dam self.

usrcheat.dat that adds speed up codes for b1.4.3
    dont expect me to update it tho.

https://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA013928/soft_en.html

old sketch lookin link i get it.
    but its the only good usrcheat.dat editor (lol for got a important word (editor) second link is to edit usrcheat.dat.
    doesnt take much to figure out.

put the usrcheat.dat in _nds -Twilight Menu -extras folder

Last edited:

Lithobraker

Years
  • Released b1.5.0. This is going to be the last update for at least a week and a half, as I'll be on a trip and unable to work on the hack at all for the duration.
    The update buffs a lot of defensive Pokemon by a little(nowhere near as drastic as the proposed changes), fixes some things, adds the ability to evolve female Kirlia into female Gallade, and overhauls the Battle Zone's unofficial Gym Leaders.

It also seals off the Battle Frontier, as it's currently impossible to edit it at all, and the Battle Frontier lets you get things like vitamins and so on. NPC Trainers use EVs there, and their sets are both impossible to edit, and not based on any changes made in the hack- so, for example, Flygon still uses moves as if it's Ground/Dragon, and moves like Boomburst may occur where Lovely Kiss would be expected, as an example.
    I realize this is going to upset a few people, but the Battle Frontier is a janky experience as it is right now anyway, and the only way to fix it would be to make all the Pokemon and moves vanilla, which defeats the whole point of the hack.
    It's been bothering me that something so broken has been accessible this whole time.

Also worth noting, you do not need to do anything special to update your save for b1.5.0 either. The new guards blocking the entrance to the Battle Frontier will only appear if a new flag is 0, but 0 is the default state of all flags, so saves from after this point, or from before traveling to the Battle Zone, will have no issue.
    If you saved right before battling Flint and Volkner, the guards will appear overlapping Flint, Volkner and later Palmer, but this has no harmful effect. Riding the boat back to Snowpoint and then riding it back to the Battle Zone will fix this, as talking to him is what sets the flag to hide the guards until Flint and Volkner are defeated.

If you saved while inside the Battle Frontier, and you happen to have NO Pokemon in your PC or party who either know Fly or can learn it, then you're technically softlocked, but all you have to do to avoid this is to move out of the Battle Frontier before updating, or revert to b1.4.3 and do so, then update to b1.5.0 again.

Last edited:

Lithobraker

Years
  • how do i play this on openemu? when i try to add it, it doesn't do anything.

I've never used that before, so I don't know. But this isn't a rom file; it's a patch. You need to use the included xdelta program to patch a vanilla Rev 1 Platinum rom with it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    I read Tyrogue is supposed to evolve to Hitmontop while holding a Choice Scarf but that hasn't happened. I'm on version 1.5.0.

Lithobraker

Years
  • I read Tyrogue is supposed to evolve to Hitmontop while holding a Choice Scarf but that hasn't happened. I'm on version 1.5.0.

Strange, I was certain that I'd changed this.

Released a minor bugfix update: b1.5.1. This fixes Tyrogue's evolutions, and an issue where Volkner's Sharpedo was carrying Leftovers instead of a Life Orb.

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2024
    Hi, I have been playing this hack for the past week and really enjoying it so far. Appreciate all the thorough documentation you included in the files, really a big help for figuring out how things have been changed in the game; I always keep it open while I'm going through it.
    I'm currently at a point where I'm in a position where I could shiny hunt for a Sinnohan form Pokemon fairly easily, and from that realised I haven't been able to find any information on what the shiny versions of them look like. Would you be willing to also put together a preview image showing the Sinnoh form shinies, if it's not too much trouble?

Lithobraker

Years
  • Hi, I have been playing this hack for the past week and really enjoying it so far. Appreciate all the thorough documentation you included in the files, really a big help for figuring out how things have been changed in the game; I always keep it open while I'm going through it.
    I'm currently at a point where I'm in a position where I could shiny hunt for a Sinnohan form Pokemon fairly easily, and from that realised I haven't been able to find any information on what the shiny versions of them look like. Would you be willing to also put together a preview image showing the Sinnoh form shinies, if it's not too much trouble?

I added a preview to the OP, just under the main Sinnohan Form preview!
    Sorry that there wasn't one earlier, I've been too lazy to do it until now.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2022
    Was playing through and enjoying the romhack so far, amazing work, but I did come across a drop in stats when evolving my Raichu from Pikachu in the early 30's.
    Pikachus stats were 77-74-37-72-39-89
    Raichus were 94-56-60-85-72-71
    While gaining 50 stats, Raichu heavily loses stats in attack and speed, while I assume this is intended from looking at how their base stats line up, I haven't found mention of it anywhere.

Edit: Wanted to add that the main reason I bring it up is because the drop in attack stat makes waiting until Pikachu learns Wild Charge basically useless, As you'd rather run Thunderbolt and Discharge with the heightened SpAtk stat imo.

Back