• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Platinum hack: Pokémon Altered Platinum - Sinnohan Forms, Increased Difficulty, and more!

Should I buff defenses to compensate for no EVs? (See post on page 4)

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Hello there, I have a bit of an issue.

In late July of this year, I was having an issue with Maylene's gym that made it impossible for me to progress. She wasn't in her gym for some reason. I asked for help here, and was told that I needed to go to Route 217 to speak with Maylene. The issue is, there are 2 NPCs blocking the Route 217 entrance near the small house where Gardenia was when I had to go for her to battle me (Why the heck do none of the gym leaders in Renegade Platinum do their job?!?) When I saw that I couldn't go to Route 217, I thought that you might have meant Route 216 or Route 218 and mistyped, so I looked at my map. I saw that I was already on Route 216, so I searched for Maylene there with no success. I saw that Route 218 was the body of water between Jubilife City and Canalave City, so that was out of the question. I don't know where to look next. I came back here for some assistance with this.

Thanks in advance,
    Brendark

Lithobraker

Practicioner of the fine art of breaking one's fal
    Years
    Hello there, I have a bit of an issue.

In late July of this year, I was having an issue with Maylene's gym that made it impossible for me to progress. She wasn't in her gym for some reason. I asked for help here, and was told that I needed to go to Route 217 to speak with Maylene. The issue is, there are 2 NPCs blocking the Route 217 entrance near the small house where Gardenia was when I had to go for her to battle me (Why the heck do none of the gym leaders in Renegade Platinum do their job?!?) When I saw that I couldn't go to Route 217, I thought that you might have meant Route 216 or Route 218 and mistyped, so I looked at my map. I saw that I was already on Route 216, so I searched for Maylene there with no success. I saw that Route 218 was the body of water between Jubilife City and Canalave City, so that was out of the question. I don't know where to look next. I came back here for some assistance with this.

Thanks in advance,
    Brendark

That's very strange... Could you tell me if you have the Focus Blast TM in your bag?
    I don't actually remember if you meet Maylene on Route 217 or not prior to battling her in her Gym. Now I seem to recall that Route 217 is blocked off until later- what I might've discovered is a flag that makes Maylene absent from her Gym after your first battle with her, until you talk with her on Route 217.
    If you don't have Focus Blast, that means you haven't met her yet, but if you do, there might be a script bug of some sort going on here.
    As far as I'm aware, if the Maylene encounter on 217 happens after her Gym, then you should be able to see her.

Just off the top of my head, you did do the Pokemon Mansion event on Route 212, right? I don't think it has anything to do with this, but just in case.

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Is that the event that you get the Manaphy egg after doing? If so, yes I did do that event.

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Hey, just checked, and yes, I do have Focus Blast. Sorry for the delayed response, I need to go to sleep really early for school, and it was 8:20 PM in my timezone when you replied to me. I go to school at 6 in the morning because American schools are awful (not actual school buildings, just how we run them.) I didn't think you were from America because you seem to have intelligence, but if I am wrong, feel free to correct me (about the America thing, not intelligence.) Sorry for ranting, I'm done now.

Edit:
    My rant was completely irrelevant just now. Turns out, the time next to the posts on this thread are in a different timezone than me. The website said I made this at 3 AM, which isn't even close to accurate. Whoops.

Last edited:

Lithobraker

Years
    Hey, just checked, and yes, I do have Focus Blast. Sorry for the delayed response, I need to go to sleep really early for school, and it was 8:20 PM in my timezone when you replied to me. I go to school at 6 in the morning because American schools are awful (not actual school buildings, just how we run them.) I didn't think you were from America because you seem to have intelligence, but if I am wrong, feel free to correct me (about the America thing, not intelligence.) Sorry for ranting, I'm done now.

Edit:
    My rant was completely irrelevant just now. Turns out, the time next to the posts on this thread are in a different timezone than me. The website said I made this at 3 AM, which isn't even close to accurate. Whoops.

Okay, I did a little digging and compared my hack to the vanilla version of Platinum.
    The long and short of it is that Altered Platinum does not change the way the Maylene sprite appears in her Gym, as far as I can tell.
    The flag which is supposed to hide Maylene in her Gym is set to true when you talk to her on Route 217(after hitting an invisible trigger), where she gives you the only instance of the Focus Blast TM in the game, prior to the Pokemon League.
    While she does not give you Focus Blast in vanilla platinum, that same flag is still set- and Maylene in her Gym still vanishes when it's set to true in the vanilla game.

Assuming you haven't gotten to the point where you're supposed to go up Route 217 and reach Snowpoint City, my only explanation is that you somehow glitched your way past the two NPCs blocking your path to 217, triggered the Maylene event, got the TM from her, and softlocked yourself.
    I can't explain this any other way. Having the Focus Blast TM should be impossible.
    I think you have to just restart the save file, sorry.

Also- I am American, and yeah, I agree, the education system here sucks. It's really good at making interesting subject matter as boring and hard to learn as possible.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Nov 4, 2022
    hello, I don't know if this has been answered before, but I'm trying to complete my dex and tyrogue can't evolve. in the documentation it says to give it specific items and level them up, and I did, but they don't evolve... sorry if this has been brought up before, I couldn't find anything online :(

Lithobraker

Years
    hello, I don't know if this has been answered before, but I'm trying to complete my dex and tyrogue can't evolve. in the documentation it says to give it specific items and level them up, and I did, but they don't evolve... sorry if this has been brought up before, I couldn't find anything online :(

Check your copy's version in the options menu(upper left corner), and tell me what it says. I'm mostly sure I fixed this bug in a recent version, and I just tested it out to confirm- it does seem to work.

Lithobraker

Years
    Finally decided to make this newest version r1.0.0, since I feel like it's feature-complete at this point.
    Highlights include the introduction of a proper Sinnohan Scizor (Steel/Ice type), and the addition of Dual Wingbeat and Triple Axel!
    Note: If you have a regular Scizor, updating will turn it into its Sinnohan Form. If it has Swarm as its second ability though, it will keep it. Feel free to use a save editor to change it!
    Full changelog:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I am really excited to run this, I've found a full team of sinnohan forms I want to use (Lanturn, Roserade, Flygon, Altaria, Ampharos, and Sandslash) and just started up a run-through.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    This mod has aged pretty well tbh. I almost never replay mods but here I am starting another playthrough.

I actually noticed something pretty minor this time round - Kabutops actually has base 125 attack rather than base 130 as listed in the docs. Hardly makes him unviable trash, but worth pointing out in case you weren't already aware.

Lithobraker

Years
    This mod has aged pretty well tbh. I almost never replay mods but here I am starting another playthrough.

I actually noticed something pretty minor this time round - Kabutops actually has base 125 attack rather than base 130 as listed in the docs. Hardly makes him unviable trash, but worth pointing out in case you weren't already aware.

Thanks for the report, it's been noted!
    There's going to be a new version coming shortly here. I spent a few days working on some neat new stuff.
    Your new playthrough should be fine, but you may need to have your Pokemon overwrite a few moves if you update.

Lithobraker

Years
    Updated to r1.0.1. Some big additions here, including four new moves, a Wormadam overhaul, a few minor buffs to Gyarados, and a partial reversion of Sinnohan Togekiss.

Three new moves from Pokemon Legends Arceus have been added: Wave Crash, Headlong Rush, and Esper Wing. As well, Meteor Dive's animation was tweaked to use the second turn of Sky Attack instead of being a copy of Brave Bird.

As for Togekiss, to make a long story short, I wasn't satisfied with Sinnohan Togekiss's type change to Grass/Water, and reverted it to Grass/Dragon- but with a few changes.
    It now has Sekai Slam, a signature physical Dragon-type move with 90 Base Power and a 50% chance to raise Defense.
    Additionally, its Special Defense got buffed a little bit, and its Abilities are now Thick Fat and Serene Grace.

Full changelog:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Lithobraker

Years
    Just released a minor update, r1.0.2, because I noticed a bit of an oversight relating to Huge Power/Pure Power and how EVs work. Basically, these Abilities are around 25% worse without EVs, so I modified a few Pokemon's base stats to ensure they're not lagging behind because of this.
    Changelog:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen today
    I found another oddity in the docs. Ace Trainer Olivia has a Shiftry, a Blissey, and a Sinnohan Altaria. But according to the docs, she has a Gardevoir instead of a Sinnohan Altaria. Which one is she supposed to have?

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2023
    Hello Lithobraker May I Please use the Sinnohan Form Sprites? I want to modify Pokemon Mogul Platinum I plan to Modify it by Adding Sprites like Sinnohan Forms and some Diamond and Pearl Beta Sprites, Changing The Types of Certain Pokemon like Togepi to Grass Fairy Type and It's other Evolutions to Grass Flying Type also Changing some regular Pokemon Like Gyarados to Water Dragon Type and Magikarp to Normal Water Type, Changing The Starters, Randomizing Wild Pokemon in Certain areas, Maybe turn certain pokemon shiny sprites into the default Colored Sprites, and Maybe add some New Pokemon, also I plan on asking Ludwig if I can Modify Mogul Platinum

Back