• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Amethyst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Likewise

Bye.
Years
Thanks for blowing my battle system out the water!
*storms out*

lol jk it look really nice!
it just seems a bit....disorganized in the screens

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
: o It's overall a very nice idea, however as ~element said, it is a tad disorganized. Hmm, what about dimming out the battle screen a little bit when the option buttons come up? Like... Maybe a black screen with an opacity over it, to make it a little less distracting, while still low enough for you to see the field, but not be too drawn away from the available choices...

Only suggestions :p Otherwise, it's a really clever idea~

By the way, are you looking for the D/P/P platforms for the Pokemon, or are you happy with the ones you're using right now?

In any case, loving Amethyst, 'cept you need to show us more XD;

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Wow...

That is so amazingly awesome, though I think the buttons do stand out a little too much when not in use, so maybe lower the opacity a tad. Otherwise they are simply amazing.

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
Great update you have there.
For my opinion of the battle interface, it don't match for the battle field y'know.
The graphics look really impressive.
Those choice box looks too big for the screen.
I can't really explain, but I do like the older version.
That's my opinion, no offense^^

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Whoa, now that is to die for! :D
I also love under the HP bar, how much health percentage is left. That's pretty useful. ;)
Can't wait to see some more updates Wichu! ^^
Good Luck~

Years
The new battle interface is a good idea, but a bad execution. For one, the screen becomes way too cluttered, as others have said, when the options appear. If you were to quickly fade the screen into the battle options, that could fix that. Secondly, the Diamond/Pearl command boxes should be replaced by custom ones that easily fit with the theme. Though I have not seen a video of the battle scene in action, making sure the scrolling speed for the text box is perfect is critical.

Anyway, as I said, it is a very good idea, but it needs quite a few tweaks to make it usable.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Alistair: The D/P graphics were originally going to be placeholders, so I see why you say that. I'm not very good at designing graphics, but I'll give it a shot. What kind of graphics should I use? A glass effect, like the message box? And is it both the command menu and fight menu buttons I should replace?
I'm not sure if I'll be able to work on it today, but thanks to your responses, here's the tweaks I'll make:
-Replace the graphics of the buttons.
-Darken the battle scene while the menus are being shown.
-Smooth fade-ins and fade-outs when showing, switching and hiding the buttons.
-While Z is held when on a menu, the field view returns to normal; when it's released, the buttons appear again. If the field is darkened and partially obscured, it would be good if there was still a way to view it.
I will have a short guide to the controls appear in the first battle for people who haven't read this post.
Anyway, I'm trying to get rid of text menus in Amethyst, as shown by these and the Start menu. You'll see why in the second demo :P
And did anyone notice I used Item instead of Bag?

Years
I think you should make the buttons match your interface. More of a rounded, glass-like effect would make them fit perfectly, as well as make them look awesome.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
OK, thanks for the input. I've been working a bit on it today, but I'll probably have to finish it tomorrow. I'll work on the buttons then.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Well, I've been messing around with the scripts again, and have managed to fix everything but the graphics. Here's some screens; are these better?
Screenshot170.png
Screenshot172.png

And as I said, pressing Z lets you see the field:
Screenshot171.png

I'll work on the buttons now.
EDIT: Finished the command menu buttons; I'll do the Fight menu ones tomorrow (one for each type :S).
Screenshot173.png
Screenshot174.png
Screenshot175.png
Screenshot176.png

What do you think?

Last edited:

Atomic Reactor

i would suggest taking the little like... flap thing at the top off of the button.
that way it doesnt look like... a folder or something.

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
i would suggest taking the little like... flap thing at the top off of the button.
that way it doesnt look like... a folder or something.

It's just like the icons on D/P/P. It's like a 3D effect making them look like buttons. Or atleast, that's what I thought they were supposed to be. Since when you push them on the DS the flap thing disappears like you're pressing a button o-o

Atomic Reactor

Oh... well, i thought it made it look like a folder thing.
Which is kinda lame.
you can still make it look like a button without the flap.
im just sayin that i think it would look better without it ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back