• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Aquamarine (Version 3.0.0, updated as of November 21, 2023)

Which of the 9 variants do you plan on playing?

• Opal (Eevee)

Votes: 51 7.0%
  • Aquamarine (Vaporeon)

Votes: 117 16.0%
  • Topaz (Jolteon)

Votes: 50 6.8%
  • Garnet (Flareon)

Votes: 23 3.1%
  • Amethyst (Espeon)

Votes: 89 12.2%
  • Onyx (Umbreon)

Votes: 149 20.4%
  • Turquoise (Leafeon)

Votes: 41 5.6%
  • Quartz (Glaceon)

Votes: 67 9.2%
  • Zircon (Sylveon)

Votes: 144 19.7%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2021
    There's not too many. 3 families total, plus a few I wouldn't explicitly call fakemon

Fakemon:
    Spoiler:

Surprises:
    Spoiler:

What are the EV yields of these pokémon?

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    What are the EV yields of these pokémon?

Hummling- 1 Sp Atk
    Fairikeet- 2 Sp Atk
    Peaxie- 3 Sp Atk

Dolphry M- 1 Atk
    Triphin- 2 Atk

Dolphry F- 1 Sp Atk
    Narwish- 2 Sp Atk

Tortot- 1 Def
    Tortundra- 1 Def, 1 Sp Def
    Tortide- 1 Def, 1 Spd
    Tortress- 2 Def
    Tortremor- 1 Atk, 1 Def
    Tortalus- 1 Atk, 1 Def
    Tortasty- 1 Def, 1 Sp Atk

Spoiler:
    gives 3 HP
    Spoiler:
    gives 3 Atk
    Fossils are the same as their other forms

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    I'm assuming v1 saves aren't compatible with the v2 saves? I had a solid team built for 1.1.4 and I was wondering if it'd carry over :)

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    I'm assuming v1 saves aren't compatible with the v2 saves? I had a solid team built for 1.1.4 and I was wondering if it'd carry over :)

They should still work, most of the saves I work with were originally from earlier versions anyways. I'd suggest having a backup just in case and saving someplace unaffected by the patch, like a pokemart

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Thank you! I'll be waiting for the tests to be completed :) Seems really exciting, honestly.

Took a while, but the update is up! Using an old save might turn your Dittos into Mr. Mimes and vice-versa, but that's about the only compatibility issue I see, other than loading directly into a heavily changed map.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2021
    Hi there! Just wanted to pop by and say I'm totally hooked with this hack and am enjoying it thoroughly. Just had a few questions!

1. Does the shiny mechanic also apply to static encounters? I didn't figure it out until I'd beaten both sleeping Snorlaxes, so I was also wondering if there are any other Snorlax opportunities elsewhere so I could nab a shiny one?
    2. Is Charge Beam in the game? It used to be TM57 for the last few generations, but I think your TM list only goes up to 50?
    3. Other commenters talking about getting Feebas really early on but I must have missed that one! Don't suppose you could spoil where I can go to get one?

Thanks again!

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Hi there! Just wanted to pop by and say I'm totally hooked with this hack and am enjoying it thoroughly. Just had a few questions!

1. Does the shiny mechanic also apply to static encounters? I didn't figure it out until I'd beaten both sleeping Snorlaxes, so I was also wondering if there are any other Snorlax opportunities elsewhere so I could nab a shiny one?
    2. Is Charge Beam in the game? It used to be TM57 for the last few generations, but I think your TM list only goes up to 50?
    3. Other commenters talking about getting Feebas really early on but I must have missed that one! Don't suppose you could spoil where I can go to get one?

Thanks again!
    Glad you're enjoying it!

1. The shiny mechanic does apply to static encounters! The shiny mechanic only fails on two specific pokemon in the post-game who are scripted to not be shiny. As for Snorlax, there are other Snorlax encounters, but they're pretty far in the post-game. I'd suggest getting a shiny encounter off an egg, since it affects them too. Just don't run into wild pokemon or trainers while you're hatching it.

2. I don't think I added Charge Beam, as it was introduced in gen 4. In terms of new electric-type TMs, I did add Discharge and Wild Charge.

3. You can get Feebas off the Magikarp Saleman in the Pokemon Center just outside of Mt. Ande. Alternatively, there's a bunch of areas where you can fish one up.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2021
    Thanks for the above!

Just got to the northern island town and was wondering if it was right that the fossil guy in the lab only recognises my Old Amber, but not my Claw/Root Fossil?

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Thanks for the above!

Just got to the northern island town and was wondering if it was right that the fossil guy in the lab only recognises my Old Amber, but not my Claw/Root Fossil?

As of now, the Claw/Root Fossil items only work as type-boosting held items. I replaced Anorith/Lileep with Tyrunt/Amaura very early on, so there's no way of getting either. But I've grown very fond of Anorith lately, so I might add it back via those fossils in a future update.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2021
    As of now, the Claw/Root Fossil items only work as type-boosting held items. I replaced Anorith/Lileep with Tyrunt/Amaura very early on, so there's no way of getting either. But I've grown very fond of Anorith lately, so I might add it back via those fossils in a future update.

Ahhh gotcha! Makes sense.

P.S. Just spent 10 mins decoding the braile note in the Mansion and loved it, so much fun. And maybe I'll retain a bit of braile XD

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2021
    Where do you acquire HM Cut in the game?

Edit: It just kind of gets put in your inventory after the ship, nvm. I was freaking out because I never saw an actual dialogue in which it was given to the character lol

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2021

Does breeding work okay? My Scizor + Ditto just produced a Bulbasaur :/

Then my Scyther + Ditto made a negative coloured Ditto XD

EDIT: Managed to get a Scyther like I wanted. Is there a method for guarunteeing Nature? In recent gens if one parent is holding an Everstone, that nature gets passed down, but not sure if it was like that in FR?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Does breeding work okay? My Scizor + Ditto just produced a Bulbasaur :/

Then my Scyther + Ditto made a negative coloured Ditto XD

EDIT: Managed to get a Scyther like I wanted. Is there a method for guarunteeing Nature? In recent gens if one parent is holding an Everstone, that nature gets passed down, but not sure if it was like that in FR?

What the heck? I'll look into this, when I tested breeding, it worked like normal. Everstone breeding wasn't present in FR. I tried adding functionality to it, but it would make the game crash upon receiving the egg itself. At the very least, I managed to get in bottle caps and EV reducing berries. So if you're trying to get a perfect pokemon, all you really gotta worry about is finding the right nature. But getting a guaranteed nature mechanic is definitely on the to-do list

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Does this have a list of Pokemon locations?

I have a list of pokemon you can find, as well as legendary locations listed on the main post. If you're trying to find something specific, use the map functionality in the pokedex. Some locations might be tied to portals though, like Amaura in Mt. Ande can only be found in the snowy map.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2021
    What the heck? I'll look into this, when I tested breeding, it worked like normal. Everstone breeding wasn't present in FR. I tried adding functionality to it, but it would make the game crash upon receiving the egg itself. At the very least, I managed to get in bottle caps and EV reducing berries. So if you're trying to get a perfect pokemon, all you really gotta worry about is finding the right nature. But getting a guaranteed nature mechanic is definitely on the to-do list

Its maybe something to do with the Ditto mechanic? I didn't try breeding anything else, but the only way I could get a Scyther was using 2xM/F, and leaving the Ditto out of the equation. And then repeating eggs til I got the Nature I wanted.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Its maybe something to do with the Ditto mechanic? I didn't try breeding anything else, but the only way I could get a Scyther was using 2xM/F, and leaving the Ditto out of the equation. And then repeating eggs til I got the Nature I wanted.

Yeah, that narrows it down. Probably has to do with swapping Ditto's data with Mr. Mime. Changing that back shouldn't be too big of an issue, thanks for pointing it out!

rainbow545

Banned
    Years
    is there a specific time/place to evolve the Eevee you get? mine's already level 13, and i REALLY want to evolve it into Leafeon. Also, the first Gym Leader was flipping awesome!

Back