• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Arceus' Galaxy

Birdybot

-insert witty phrase here-
    Years
    Pokémon Arceus' Galaxy
    Made in RMXP by Birdybot

Intro;
    Pokémon Arceus' Galaxy (PAG) is set in the region of Aruno. Aruno is a new region invented by me. I intend to add the other four regions, though. I'll probably make a long version with all four regions, and a short version with just Aruno. Two careers are offered; the path of evil, with Team Universe, or the path of goodness, by being a trainer.​

Plot (so far, feel free to help me);
    You wake up one morning in your house in Twigbranch Town and go downstairs. You mother tells you that Professor Pine, the region's version of Oak or Rowan, has come to visit while you were asleep and that it was urgent. She suggests taking your friend, Jerry, along. You find him in his room and head over to the lab. Once there, Professor Pine tells you that he was intending to give you your first Pokémon that day, but when he got back from the lab after finding you were asleep, the Pokémon had been stolen! Jerry suggests looking in route 301, and leaves. If you go out of Twigleaf, he calls you over. You see that he's found the theives! They're grunts from Team Universe. They agree that whoever wins a Pokémon battle can keep them. You then get to pick your starter (named Stibik, Embill and Blipin) and fight the grunt. They're fairly basic. Once you've defeated the grunts, they talk about Team Universe. Professor Pine shows up. He says you can keep the Pokémon you fought with, and Jerry then gives him back the Pokémon left (it's the one your starter has a type advantage against) and Pine talks about being a trainer. You then get the question which alters the entire game; whether to be a trainer or a grunt for Team Universe.​

I haven't figured out much more than that, but at the very end, when you've defeated every champion of every region, you have to go back to Aruno. There, you travel in a spaceship to your biggest fight of all. If you're in Team Universe, you're trying to conquer the world by destroying the Life Pokémon (yet to be made) so you have control over it's power and life itself. If you're a trainer, you're trying to stop this from happening. Either way, it'd be pretty funky being in space :)​

Features;
    New Pokémon as well as all the old ones
    All legendaries can be caught
    Platinum/DP sprites for Pokémon (whichever looks better)
    Kyledove Tiles
    New hero/heronine
    New music
    New graphics
    Pokémon following you around
    Five regions
    Two career options!​

New Pokémon;
    So far, since I haven't got a sprite yet, none of these are sprited. However, soon I'll hopefully have pictures and then sprites.​

Spoiler:

Help Wanted;
    Experienced Scripters (for making Pokémon follow you around and developing battle system and Pokédex menu)​

Experienced Spriters (for fakémon, trainers, overworlds and custom tiles)
    Graphics Makers (for battle backgrounds, menus and titles)
    Ideas! Anyone can make them!​

To sign up to be a scripter, spriter or graphic maker, PM me this form;​

Code:
    Position applying for:[LEFT]What experience have you have: 
    (If spriter or graphic maker) Example of work:[/LEFT]

Credits;
    Birdybot- everything we've got so far.
    Poccil- The starter kit, Pokémon Essentials​

Kyldedove- Tiles
    Spriters-Reasource.com- Various graphics and overworlds.​

Last edited:
    Years
    I mean, based on what i read, it looks like your gonna have a solid game dude.
    What tiles are you using?
    And you don't have any artwork for your fakemon?
    I'm excited to see this grow. Good luck.

Birdybot

Years
    Thankers! I'm working on the artwork now, but I'm not much of an artist. It'd be more like doodles to help give the spriters an idea of what to do. I'll post the sprites up when I have slaves people making them. The tiles are Kyledove tiles. Screenies'll be coming soon.

EDIT// Added pictures of the three starters.

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
    I'm sure that you are using Pokemon Essentials. So in the credits section you should write Poccil's and Kyledove's name as they were a major help. Writing only your name indicates that you have done every single thing in your game, which is a bit hard to believe. Give credits to the people that deserve them too.

Birdybot

Years
    I is a girl XD And yeah, I am using Pokémon Essentials. I just am an absolutely terrible scripter, but I want to have a new look to the Pokédex, and since I can't do that myself I'm asking for help. Also, nearly ready for screenies!

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
    Sorry I went so pushy with the comment before. Regarding your game, it's going to be hard finding good scripters that are already not occupied, you you might have some trouble with fulfilling your visions regarding the game. I would strongly recommed trying to figure out the scripts yourself, and learn how they work and how you could change them or create new ones. That way you won't have to rely on others too much and it will be better for you to organize your scripts in your own way.

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2009
    your pokemon are cool, lack shading but they only proto for the real things right. i might be able to make them for you if you like?

Birdybot

Years
    These are just there to give a vague note of what they look like for a spriter I might get. Are you a spriter? Well, whatever kind of picure you intend to do, draw one of them and PM it to me, please! Thanks!

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
    Years
    i like the ideas i like the grass starter im not much of a spriter :) but i had a pic of a fish type you could of used but my computer is broke now but when/if i get a new computer ill gladly give u a hand but i like it and good luck :)

i would probably pick the path of evil :) good luck with this im supporting it :)

i could add shading for u :) on the concept art :) ???? your shading is good but the shading (sunlight) is sometimes in the wrong place :) just ask :)

~kian

@World

Sparking Wild Bolt
    Years
    Nice plot, like it. I would only change that your mum does't suggest talking to your friend, but the player bumps into him, or mum notifies you he was there earlier, cause your mother suggesting talking to your friend is kinda weird...
    Also I have a Pokemon Follow you around event/script that I plan to release publicly, but it still is a early prototype, but if you or someone would like to help a bit it would make it faster.
    Best regards :D

Years
    I'm a decent spriter, I'll try to sprite your three starters. :3

EDIT

Here's Embill. . .
    Pokémon: Arceus' Galaxy

Last edited:

Birdybot

Years
    Wow, Kian, that's a lot of smilies. The art's just tempory until we can get some proper art or sprites.

I guess it would be weird if your mum told you to go see a friend. Good idea.

OMG really? Scriptness! I'll look out for it! And I'll get it as soon as it's released!

And finally, Octo. It's a great sprite, true, but it looks a little too much like a Houndour. Can you sprite from scratch? That's what I'm really looking for, because then it looks more original.

Back