• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Banished Platinum

Years
  • oh cool, so are the custom regional variants will be getting this treatment as well? Also, yea the game performs really well considering its an rpgxp fan game. It's very well done tho there are things that could be better like making the starter selection similar to platinum where you can save before picking it, because I literally got stuck for 10mins just soft resetting and getting a decent nature+ivs chimchar and reading the dialogue with Barry and Rowan again and again is a pain for soft-resets.

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
    Years
  • oh cool, so are the custom regional variants will be getting this treatment as well?

Unfortunately, no, even the canon regional variants don't have them so I won't be doing this, it would be a ton of work to sprite all those frames. It also doesn't affect any Pokemon from gen 6 and onward, it's only gen 5 and previous :/ If anyone knows where to get the Gif to Png converter that Luka SJ used for EBS, I could easily make animated sprites for the gen 6+ mons using the Smogon sprites

It's very well done tho there are things that could be better like making the starter selection similar to platinum where you can save before picking it, because I literally got stuck for 10mins just soft resetting and getting a decent nature+ivs chimchar

I'm planning on adding an NPC that can change your Pokemon's nature, so you won't need to worry about soft resetting.

Last edited:

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
    Years
  • I've now finished adding animated sprites, so here's the update, it also has many bugfixes and signature moves for the starters. The download link is on the first page, and these are what the signature moves are and what they do:

Torterra: Gaia's Fury: Ground, Physical, 105 damage, hits all Pokemon on the field, lowers their speed when hit
    Infernape: Flaming Fists: Fighting, Physical, 95 damage, may cause a burn
    Empoleon: Emperor's Edge: Steel, Special, 95 damage, high crit ratio

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
    Years
  • How do use the same save file that i had for the last update for this update

All you need to do is replace or delete the old game files, the save is stored in a separate place on your computer, so anytime I release an update you can download it and keep your save intact. Any games made with Pokémon Essentials have their saves stored by default in C:\Users\(Your username here)\Saved Games.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2024
    Increased odds. (higher than they are for gen 8) Also, sorry for the delayed reply. Didn't get a notif even though I'm subbed to this thread.

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
    Years
  • Increased odds. (higher than they are for gen 8) Also, sorry for the delayed reply. Didn't get a notif even though I'm subbed to this thread.

Same, I haven't gotten notifications either. PokeCommunity is wack. Anyway, since you want that, I'll increase the shiny odds. Also nice to see another Digimon fan ;)

Coming in the next update:

12032021-123801-REC.gif

Graphics made by lichenprincess

Last edited:

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
    Years
  • Thanks to @SkyStrike of PokéCommunity, I now have my hands on the gif to png converter. You know what this means, right?

It begins.

12032021-232727-REC.gif

Also, this is a thing.

13032021-030508-REC.gif

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2023
    The Demo is amazing I've already defeated Fantina and just wanted to wish you congratulations!!!! I've enjoyed myself quite a lot. Can't wait to play the rest of the game...
    Keep up the amazing work :)

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
    Years
  • The Demo is amazing I've already defeated Fantina and just wanted to wish you congratulations!!!! I've enjoyed myself quite a lot. Can't wait to play the rest of the game...
    Keep up the amazing work!

Thanks! I started working on this by myself but now I have several other passionate people helping me out with things like sprites and bug finding. I couldn't do it without these people and if anyone else would like to help out with the game, just join the Discord and say how you would like to help. I've got a channel specifically for that any help is appreciated

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
    Years
  • Zame gave me permission to use their Sinnoh music remasters! Prepare for upgraded music in the next update!

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Congratulations on the release! I'm so happy to see a Platinum remake come out via essentials. I might just get back into this considering my Renegade platinum save fole gor deleted. Thank you for all your hardwork! Will the next release be compatible with the current or would suggest i hold off till the next update? Thanks again!

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
    Years
  • Congratulations on the release! I'm so happy to see a Platinum remake come out via essentials. I might just get back into this considering my Renegade platinum save fole gor deleted. Thank you for all your hardwork! Will the next release be compatible with the current or would suggest i hold off till the next update? Thanks again!

You could start playing now, but the style of things will be much different in the next update. It's going to have sprites for the characters instead of the current portraits, music made by Zame, gen 4 backsprites instead of the small gen 5 ones, several bug fixes, and more. It's up to you if you want to start with the current version or if you want to play something more like how the game will be for the rest of its life. In other words, it will still be compatible, but the game will be a much better experience after the next update.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2023
    This looks very interesting. I like how you're adding new features to Platinum, as opposed to just doing a straight remake. Since you're basically making Sinnoh in Pokemon Essentials, will you by any chance make it freely available for anyone to use, similar to JohtoBlaziken's Pokemon Essentials FireRed remake?

Years
  • is vs seeker available? if so where can i find it?

Also, does the demo finish at hearthome city?

And for some reason i cant join your discord server, i click accept invite and it says whoops something went wrong

Last edited:

Nexus Pixelation

I am working with Pokemon Galaxy right now
    Years
    • Any
    • Seen Apr 8, 2021
    we should probably fix the link expiring so fast but thats just an oof.😂

Back