• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Banished Platinum

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
Years
  • Are you going to implement a fast forward feature? Game looks nice but it will be a bummer if there is no fast forward to alleviate the grinding needed to beat the gym leaders considering most/all of them are going to have competitive sets

In my playtesting so far, I've made sure the gym leaders are beatable without grinding while also doing a nuzlocke run. It required a bit of strategy (which I think is a good thing) but I was able to beat both of the currently implemented Gym Leaders without losing any Pokémon. Also, in Pokémon Essentials, I've noticed that Pokémon tend to level up faster anyway. I'm playing through regular Platinum so I can get all the dialogue and events accurate, and my team in this game has outleveled them, despite having had a few Pokémon being replaced due to some being killed off in the nuzlocke mode. I think it'll be fine for most people playing, especially if they're just doing a regular playthrough. Another thing is due to the increased Pokémon variety, you have many more options for countering what the Gym Leaders have. Gardenia in particular has some Pokémon obtainable near her gym that double resist grass, like Budew, Sewaddle, Venipede, Fletchling once evolved and a gift Poipole obtained from a person in Eterna city.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I was wondering if there was an ETA on a release for a demo or an EA version of the game, I understand this is still very much in development, I'm hoping to record a Sinnoh based game for my channel and it seems this looks like a really good option, otherwise I may have to opt for Origin or Renegade Platinum.

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
    Years
  • I was wondering if there was an ETA on a release for a demo or an EA version of the game

The demo should be out by the end of the week at the latest, but it will likely be sooner. I'd be honored to have my game featured on YouTube so that's exciting to hear!

So no fast-forward option? Looks like I'll settle with cheat engine then.

I'll consider it, the reason I haven't implemented one yet is because 1. I don't know if there is a script compatible with v18, and 2. I don't want people to be able to abuse it.

Edit: Found out Marin's speedup script is compatible, but upon trying it I found it to make the framerate choppy when sped up, and I don't think that looks good, so I won't be including it. The game is fast paced already, and I don't really think it needs a speedup.

Last edited:

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
    Years
  • Here's an info update:

- I've created a second regional form, this time for Joltik and Galvantula. They're based off trapdoor spiders and are bug/ground type. Their attack and special attack stats have been swapped, so they now are physical attackers but their highest stat is still speed. When Joltik evolves, it learns Mat Block, which references it using its trapdoor as cover. Here are the sprites, I think they look really nice

Pokémon Banished Platinum Pokémon Banished Platinum

- The Pokédex has gotten up to 227 mons, and I've updated the main post to include the current Pokédex

- Mega evolutions will be in the game, you get a mega ring from Cynthia instead of the HM for cut because HMs are not in the game and instead just field moves that don't require a move slot. Originally I had replaced the cut HM with her giving out Dark Pulse, but then someone asked if I would include megas and I figured "why not?"

- The Box Link has been added, which replaces the Pokétch because it's more useful and the Pokétch broke certain dialogue/messages as well as the screen size options. So in Jubilife City you're doing a Box Link campaign instead of a Pokétch one. You can use this item from the bag to access your PC boxes anywhere except gyms and the elite four's chambers

- I'm working on Route 207 now, so there are two more maps to go before I release the demo and it should be out by the end of this weekend at the latest. Hearthome City is pretty big and has lots to do so that might take a few days to finish

Last edited:

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
    Years
  • The demo is now OUT! What's currently featured is everything from the original Platinum up to the point that you beat Fantina, as well as some extra content and plenty of additional Pokémon to catch that weren't in the original game.
    The Pokédex on the first page is currently out of date, but I'll be working on updating it. If you have any questions about the game or need help with anything, feel free to join the Discord linked above and on the first page.

Edit: The download link is currently down for bug fixes, it will be back up later today. I'll make a new post when it's ready.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2023
    Hey man I appreciate your work. But I rather to wait until a beta or alpha or even a complete hack. Btw... Dude, is this hack harder than renegade Platinum or a Kaizo game? Ty and greets. Suerte.

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2023
    This game looks cool but sadly don't have the storage for this game. If most of the audio is making this file so big, then I would rather remove most of the audio. Or just do what Soulstones did. Have 2 parts, 1 part is for the actual game files and stuff and the other part is for the audio. Anyhow, I still wish the development of this remake goes smoothly.

Years
  • Hey I just wanted to let you know that I've been enjoying the game but I found a big glitch. Roark gave me his gym badge even though I lost to him.

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
    Years
  • I will get that fixed, I haven't included lose scenarios for any of the Gym Leaders because I thought if you lost it would just send you back to the Pokecenter and you'd have to restart the fight, probably should have tested that but I will do so from now on.

Years
  • It did send me back to the pokemon center but it gave the badge in the pokemon center and then nurse joy healed my pokemon.

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
    Years
  • I'm working on adding animated sprites to the game, once they're added I'll release the next version which will include them and additional bugfixes like for the one mentioned above.

Pokémon Banished Platinum

Last edited:

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
    Years
  • Uh how does the game perform fps wise with animated sprites?

Just fine, I haven't noticed any fps drops in my experience. This is with a bunch of things open on my computer and a screen recording software being run, so I don't think anyone will have any issues.

Pokémon Banished Platinum

Back