• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Best Wishes [Discussion Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Dento is the Leader of a Gym with different typing. He must know about typings, which will make him a good replacement for Brock. It has been Brock who observed Ash's battles and talk about type advantages, now Dento fits the role well.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    ^ Quite honestly, anyone who has battle experience could have fit that role. Even Misty or May if the writers wanted to. 99% of the significant characters could have really.

Hiiro said:
    I guess when the writers were aiming for the original start, they weren't kidding.
    How original could it really be? The previews are even showing some of the old gags from the show creeping in. They should've just had this region be the toughest region Ash has faced and keep his skill set that he learned in Sinnoh and take it to the new region. Just saying that he's from a new place doesn't make it so original really. Unless original is the wrong word and you couldn't find a better one.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    How original could it really be? The previews are even showing some of the old gags from the show creeping in. They should've just had this region be the toughest region Ash has faced and keep his skill set that he learned in Sinnoh and take it to the new region. Just saying that he's from a new place doesn't make it so original really. Unless original is the wrong word and you couldn't find a better one.
    Probably couldn't think of a better word at the time. D: Even so, this could still be the toughest region for Ash yet.

Anyway, I wouldn't say goodbye to Prof. Oak just yet. Not based on the scan below anyway.

Spoiler:

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Considering he's seems to be just taking Pikachu and that this region is supposed to be "fast paced" I doubt it will be his toughest region.

I gasmed at Oak being shown. Yay.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    ^ Quite honestly, anyone who has battle experience could have fit that role. Even Misty or May if the writers wanted to. 99% of the significant characters could have really.

I think "fresh" might be a better word than original. The writers probably want a new start design-wise so they can go in a new direction. I do agree they should have kept his skill set. Somewhat like from Hoenn to the Battle Frontier (w/o the new region). But I do like how they are setting this new region up. Since they made this new region far away from the others, they can get "crazier" or more interesting with their pokemon designs, plot, and characters way different than what we have seen so far.

I'm still not 100% convinced Ash is actually moving to Isshu. It is definitely possible, but maybe his mom is visiting a relative, old friend, taking a vacation (from what I don't know), or just wanted to travel with him because it is so far way compared to Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh.

Neelh

i am so win lol!!1! :P
    Years
    I AM SO GONNA SCREAM.

IF MY FAMILY WASN'T ASLEEP.

ASH IS FROM PALLET TOWN, ALWAYS HAS, ALWAYS WILL BE. HE'S NOT NOT NOT LEAVING.

If he is, I'm SO killing the writers.

yossarian

Knight of Cydonia
    Years

I agree with that. People are saying it'll be fresh but in the context of the entire premise of the show it's really isn't as he spends about an episode at home max nowadays and the only other change will be he'll say 'Hi I'm Ash from Isshu now' instead. Such an insignificant and redudant move. Why does he have to move there, he could have make the same excuse he does the whole time, 'he wants to become a pokemon master'. Essentially it would acheive the same objective as he'll still be in Isshu doing his standard thing.

Really I think the point of this from the writers is to remove any sort of reference how minor it is of Ash's humble beginninings rather than to make it 'fresh'. This sadens me as although they should try new things, they should keep the odd referenes from the start as a goodwill gesture to their old fans.

Years
    If they really do move there, I'm going to be disappointed somewhat. How will Misty get to Ash's house now? Then again, fanfic writers may enjoy writing about Ash in Issu and Misty in Kanto. Maybe, Delia's there, because she wants to go for a visit. It could be where she gets him a new outfit or something I suppose. But, if they move to Issu, what will happen when Ash goes to the next region? Hopefully the next region is nearby if that's the writers plan to make him move.

Well, no matter the outcome, it's great to see Ash's mom again, especially in this new art style. :D

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    I AM SO GONNA SCREAM.

IF MY FAMILY WASN'T ASLEEP.

ASH IS FROM PALLET TOWN, ALWAYS HAS, ALWAYS WILL BE. HE'S NOT NOT NOT LEAVING.

If he is, I'm SO killing the writers.

Some of you may just be overeacting just a we bit, his mom may just wants to move close to his son is that so bad? This region is pretty far away after all. I like that the writers are really trying to reboot nearly, so many people wanted a reboot, well this is the next best thing. You get what you asked forXD

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Some of you may just be overeacting just a we bit, his mom may just wants to move close to his son is that so bad? This region is pretty far away after all. I like that the writers are really trying to reboot nearly, so many people wanted a reboot, well this is the next best thing. You get what you asked forXD

We asked for Ash to die, we didn't get that. We asked to stop the Fire/Fighting starter, we didn't get that either.

My only problem is that, since this is a fresh place, Pikachu shouldn't even be there. It doesn't fit in their eco-system, so let him die!

Years
    We asked for Ash to die, we didn't get that. We asked to stop the Fire/Fighting starter, we didn't get that either.

My only problem is that, since this is a fresh place, Pikachu shouldn't even be there. It doesn't fit in their eco-system, so let him die!

I actually agree with this. After seeing the previews for a while I thought, "wait, isn't this supposed to be a FRESH start? There should only be 5th generation Pokemon in Isshu". 3:<

I really do wish that they would use someone else as the main character for this anime, too. Maybe they could go back to Ash's story afterward, or something. But I just wish they used Black and White as the characters, instead of that hairy bum Ash. T_T

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Silver25 said:
    I think "fresh" might be a better word than original. The writers probably want a new start design-wise so they can go in a new direction.
    It can't be all that fresh if they're including old gags.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Has anyone though that Ash's Pikachu might get a new move ? (:

He battle's shooti near the battle club which is ran by Don George who teaches trainers and Pokemon new skills and moves. Maybe Don see's the battle and Suggest's teaching Pikachu <Insert move here>

So maybe whilst Pikachu can't use Electric move's he might get a new one.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    The game designers are all about having only Generation 5 Pokemon in the games, which is cool, I have to admit.

So why can't they also bring that idea to the table of Pokemon Best Wishes?

I think it would even way more awesome if the show starred the main male and/or female character from the game. Kind of like how The Raikou episodes from Pokemon Chronicles were.

But if they are so keen to kepp Ash in, I don't see why he needs to have Pikachu too. He's getting a starter there anyways, Mijumaru.

Years
    Zomg, so Pikachu can't use electric moves throughout the entire anime or something?
    If so, then YES!! No more, "PIKACHU, USE THUNDERBOLT!!" That was getting hella old. DX

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    He get's his Electric moves back... I wonder if he'll lose Thunderbolt and get something else

Maybe Wild Bolt O:

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    dragonomega; said:
    Has anyone though that Ash's Pikachu might get a new move ? (:
    The last move Pikachu learned was Volt Tackle all the way back in the Kanto Battle Frontier so I hope it learns a new move as well to replace Volt Tackle.

Thorns said:
    The game designers are all about having only Generation 5 Pokemon in the games, which is cool, I have to admit.

So why can't they also bring that idea to the table of Pokemon Best Wishes?
    Because Pikachu is the franchise mascot.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    We did see it use Iron Tail ,but it looked different and somewhat weird.

Here are some none Electric moves Pikachu may learn instead:
    - Focus Punch
    - Dig
    - Brick Break
    - Grass Knot
    - Reversal
    - Rollout
    - Signal Beam

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back