• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Best Wishes [Discussion Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    Just cuz he wasn't in the sketch doesn't mean he won't travel with Ash. Brock wasn't on it either and he's going bye-bye we all know that now. And some one needs to replace Brock, and the new guy Dento has all of the qualitys to do so. I think, there just trying to suprise fans with who will be replacing him.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Just cuz he wasn't in the sketch doesn't mean he won't travel with Ash. Brock wasn't on it either and he's going bye-bye we all know that now. And some one needs to replace Brock, and the new guy Dento has all of the qualitys to do so. I think, there just trying to suprise fans with who will be replacing him.

I hope not. Im still not 100% sure brock will leave, pretty sure, but not definite.

I think if anything he'll travel with Iris and the Paul like Rival we've heard of

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    I hope not. Im still not 100% sure brock will leave, pretty sure, but not definite.

I think if anything he'll travel with Iris and the Paul like Rival we've heard of

I understand why people are still thinking he might not, since he kept coming back. There are so many signs this time pointing to him leaving, I guess you need to see the posters before getting confirmation cuz there not gonna say he's leaving in info. I honestly don't see Ash new rival coming with him, he needs some one to battle every now and than like Paul.. Dento, he's a waiter and a gym leader, all the qualitys of Brock's replacement.

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    I understand why people are still thinking he might not, since he kept coming back. There are so many signs this time pointing to him leaving, I guess you need to see the posters before getting confirmation cuz there not gonna say he's leaving in info. I honestly don't see Ash new rival coming with him, he needs some one to battle every now and than like Paul.. Dento, he's a waiter and a gym leader, all the qualitys of Brock's replacement.

it worked for Kanto, but it's cheasy here.

The reason I dont think Brock will leave,
    Spoiler:
    Then again, we didnt get any art update for Brock, so who knows.

I just thought of something. Isshu is far away, does that mean Dawn/Brock wont come and visit!!? D:

I like it when they come back for an Episode or two .... :/

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Okay, I've been giving it some thought lately, and I'm just going out on a limb here with total speculation based on what we know so far.

I'll start with Iris. She's obviously the girl to replace Dawn this series. Going by that, it appears as though she's making her way to Prof. Araragi to select her starter. Even though it may be her first time becoming a Pokémon Trainer, she obviously knows a lot and likes the outdoors. Along the way she's befriended Kibago, her Dragon-type partner. Kibago is her partner, but apparently reaching the age of ten, she still gets to choose a starter of her own. By the looks of it and taking her background together, she may just select Tsutaja as her starting choice. It is a Grass-type therefore it's more connected to the natural areas like Iris herself. It's currently unknown if Contests will be in the anime, and with the games including something new (i.e Pokémon Musicals), they may follow up on that instead. Still, Iris' goal is unsure of and can very from being a Coordinator, a Pokémon Conductor (?), or a traveling friend like Misty turned out to be.

Moving on, we have Dento, who surprisingly turns out to be the first Gym Leader of Isshu. Honestly, I wasn't expecting this at all, so all my original ideas just gets thrown away. ): Though, following up on something new, I continue my speculation. Dento, based on his attire and possible out-going like personality, he doesn't seem to be the type to be a Rock-type Gym Leader. Therefore, this could possibly mean that he specializes in a different type. However, this also assures us he is Brock's replacement - a former Gym Leader upon leaving with Ash and Iris, an experienced trainer, a Pokémon Sommelier, and one who diagnoses the compatibility between trainer and Pokémon. He seems to fit the type, right? Although, I have a feeling he'll be doing more than just filling in Brock's shoes. He may actually fix the mistakes the writer's have done with Brock all these years and give him some kind of detailed importance. It's hard to pinpoint what he'll be doing exactly and what his new goal after leaving his gym behind will be, especially since we don't know Iris' goal either. Although, I think they'll definitely put more attention to him unlike they did to Brock - or at least I'm hoping the will. n_n;

Now, a completely optional speculation is on the second Gym Leader of Isshu, Aloe. Based on her name, it's possible she could specialize in Grass-type Pokémon. Now, based on her looks, she shares quite a few similarities between Iris. This being they have similar skin complexion, same hair color, and they both look tough. I don't know if you've caught on to where I'm going with this as yet, but I'm considering the fact that in the anime alone, Aloe could be Iris' mother. This would explain why Iris enjoys the outdoors so much and also give reason to why she really chose Tsutaja. It could also give earlier reflection upon her childhood on how she befriended Kibago. Plus, she needs some kind of mom, and Aloe seems perfect enough. Besides, it wouldn't be the first a friend of Ash's has a parent Gym Leader; first being May and Max.

As for Ash, it's pretty much assuring that he doesn't win the Sinnoh League, but most likely places Top 4. Plus, being included in the beta art, it means the writers still have plans for Ash. Like usual Ash will travel Isshu with his newly met friends. Along the way, he'll be introduced to new people, new rivals, new Pokémon, and new experiences. This never changes, but it gives us insight from the games into the anime and so on. Hopefully, they'll mix things up for Ash this generation if they're really wanting to make it better, but if not, then they still have Dento and Iris to play with.

... And, well that's it as far as my speculation goes. It's really long, and even though I tried not to make it so long, it ended up happening anyway. /sigh Though, this is what I've predicted based on what we know, but I'm sure some things will be different by the time Best Wishes begins and ends.

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Another second gym leader being Grass Type? Yuck ... Then again, considering all the Rock typed first gym leaders ...

I bet Dento is Normal type, he seems plain after all.

As for Aloe in the ANIME being Iris' mother, well, hnestly, I can totally see that happening. Darn it, Im agreeing with someone, thats against my poilcy and everything.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • ANN thinks so but no one is going to be able to confirm it until a cast list comes out sadly. I hope we get a potato chip scene if it's true though.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    So if Dento is the first gym leader (as stated in the games from what I hear) then Best Wishes will be like Kanto where they arrive at the first gym pretty early on as opposed to Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh where a good amount of episodes appeared before.

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    So if Dento is the first gym leader (as stated in the games from what I hear) then Best Wishes will be like Kanto where they arrive at the first gym pretty early on as opposed to Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh where a good amount of episodes appeared before.

Yes, and its a step in the right direction if you ask me. Didnt they get to Flakner pretty quick? I honestly dont remember

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Aug 20, 2010
    ANN thinks so but no one is going to be able to confirm it until a cast list comes out sadly.

I actually couldn't find that anywhere on ANN; could you give a link? I heard it from somewhere else, which may or may not be reliable. But at least Dento sounds like Mamoru Miyano.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Shiny_Noctowl said:
    I actually couldn't find that anywhere on ANN; could you give a link? I heard it from somewhere else, which may or may not be reliable. But at least Dento sounds like Mamoru Miyano.

It seems they removed it since it was just a rumor. It was there a few days ago though.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Aug 20, 2010
    I also noticed that their page for BW still calls Dento "Reimu", though that rumor was proved false a long time ago.

Also, what are Dento and Prof. Araragi saying in the trailer? I found one with subtitles, but they were missing for Dento's and Araragi's lines.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Also, what are Dento and Prof. Araragi saying in the trailer? I found one with subtitles, but they were missing for Dento's and Araragi's lines.

Dunno what Dento said, but Araragi just said "douzo yoroshiku" which is usually translated as "nice to meet you". So, nothing interesting, then.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back