• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Casual Player / Newb Member

Years
  • Hey everybody! I thought I would check out the new members group and introduce myself. I live in FL and consider myself a casual Poke player. I started my first adventure with Pokemon White, beat the E4 and then pretty much put it down. Black 2 has rekindled my interest in the series. I've beaten the main story, and am starting to get in to post-game stuff such as basic breeding and actual team building strategy.

As a graphic designer, I was at first turned down by the Hypno's Lullaby theme... the contrast and light color on black background was not easy for me to read through and navigate the site. I'm glad I found the CSS theme adjustments, and have been checking in to the site frequently!!

I've been lurking the trade shops doing some light trading here and there, but looking to get more in to what the forum has to offer.

Thanks for all the hard work and great content!

Years
  • Hey there Retinaburn, welcome to the forum! =D Anything you'd like to be called or do I have to resort to calling you Retina (haha)?

So you're a pretty new fan if you've only gotten into the series in the 5th gen. There are a lot of different kinds of fans here though, so you're definitely not alone! Glad you already tried B2W2, those games were really good. I kinda need to get back into playing mine, been a while since I turned the game on. You should definitely browse through our Black & White and Black 2 & White 2 sections, there's a lot of discussion going on over there and I'm sure the members would be happy if you got involved.

But ahh I really like the Hypno theme, it's pretty creepy but we do also have tons of other skins to choose from. PC has a lot of really nice designers so we're pretty lucky. Which one're you using now? :D (Chromatic is awesome!) And if you're a graphics artist, I totally urge you to make a gallery in the art section! Would love to see what you can make and it could use more regulars.

Have fun here and I'll see you around, yess? Feel free to contact me if you need any help with anything at all!

Years
  • Hey everybody! I thought I would check out the new members group and introduce myself. I live in FL and consider myself a casual Poke player. I started my first adventure with Pokemon White, beat the E4 and then pretty much put it down. Black 2 has rekindled my interest in the series. I've beaten the main story, and am starting to get in to post-game stuff such as basic breeding and actual team building strategy.

As a graphic designer, I was at first turned down by the Hypno's Lullaby theme... the contrast and light color on black background was not easy for me to read through and navigate the site. I'm glad I found the CSS theme adjustments, and have been checking in to the site frequently!!

I've been lurking the trade shops doing some light trading here and there, but looking to get more in to what the forum has to offer.

Hi Retinaburn, and welcome to our community!

Started with White? You must be a late bloomer to the series for sure. I started with Ruby, so I guess you could call me late as well. We've got a lot of different fans here, so there should be someone like you. How was Black 2/White 2? I still have yet to play them but they look awesome. Our Black & White and Black 2 & White 2 forums would definitely be up your alley, and yeah I'm a big fan of the 5th Generation. OMG THEY HAD THE CUTEST POKEMON EVER!

As for the Hypno's Lullaby skin here, I didn't really like how dark it was but we have a nice album full of skins you can use, and our proud community supporters are making new ones all the time. I'm currently using Chromatic, it's my fave.

Have a great time here and I'm always open for a VM anytime!

- Hikari10

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years

Hi there retinaburn! Pretty cool name you got there [minus the fact that burning the retina would cause some serious eye problems.] Anyway, glad to see a late generation player in here. We seldom get people like that, as most of us started off with the classics. It's one of the most fun games you'll ever encounter, trust me.

There are some themes, yes, that are not really that of a favorite around here. I am using Forest Savage right now, though. The presence of the cooling green background is quite pleasing. I am opting to go with Johto Elite sooner or later.

Anyway, you'll get to know the community better by going around different boards. It's a fun really. See you around!

read the rules, kay?

-mR

Years
  • Thanks for the welcome guys!

It is so funny that two of you mentioned the Chromatic skin. That's actually what I have been using as well! You can't go wrong with it.

Hikari, as I'm sure you already know, BW2 is very similar to the BW. The story is more or less of a continuation. I must admit, I'm not 100% in to the storyline, but there are some great features. I liked the expansion of the unova dex to include many previous gen pokemon that I was unfamiliar with. Another great feature is the habitat selection mode in the pokedex, which shows you which pokemon are found in each area. It also gives you checkpoints for seeing all of the pokemon and then catching all of the pokemon in each location respectively. This is probably my favorite feature in the new version. As I'm somewhat of a completionist, I found myself staying in an area longer until I've captured all of the pokemon there. Nice tool to track your progress!

FiyahKitteh

Bubbly Fiyah kitteh
    Years
  • Chai! More graphic designers! Welcome to PC! =D

Please enjoy your stay and I hope that your name will NOT be a prediction of the future, while you hang out here. ^p^

Back