• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psycho

♥~Catalina~♥
    Years
    They do have more human characteristics and form than that of a animal. Jynx, Hitmonlee, and Hitmonchan, in no way, parallel any type of animal. I surmise that they're more human-based than creature-based; you can deduce that just by their overall delineation and dynamism.

Psycho

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    Psycho said:
    They do have more human characteristics and form than that of a animal. Jynx, Hitmonlee, and Hitmonchan, in no way, parallel any type of animal. I surmise that they're more human-based than creature-based; you can deduce that just by their overall delineation and dynamism.

Psycho
    Same goes for Machop and its family. They're too muscular. Like, lets have a COOL Humanshape Pokemon. Anyone remember Wizmon/Wizardmon from Digimon? Now yeah. If we have a Pokemon that looks like a Digimon, I admit. It'd be WAY cooler than normal regular Pokemon.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    Never tought that Ralts-Kirlia-Gardevoir (how do you pronounce that? I always say it in the French way) looked like humans. I tought they looked weird. I just hope there will be more fire pokemon and Dark Pokemon.
    About the R/S/E starters, I still think Torchic and Mudkip are very cute. Blaziken is a very powerful pokemon, and cool too ^_^
    Treecko is a weird one, but Grovyle is cool.

Psycho

♥~Catalina~♥
    Years
    I concur, unlike the Machop family, which is the most humanoid from my perspective, the Ralts family lacks the intrinsic features, such as: fingers.

Though, I presume that this is done deliberately. Take a swift introspection at the entire Pokemon class, notice that the creators always tend to keep a specific parity between their Pokemon designs. They choose an animal to advertence, and base, at least, a dyad of their Pokemon off of this animal; yet, while simultaneously straying away from being too conspicuous and vapid by annexating their own ideas. So, its easier to surmise that while designing Machop, Hitmonchan, Jynx, and others, they had the human form in mind.

However, I must acquiesce that their creativity has been inadequate since the days of Kanto.

Hey psycho, are you new here??
    Affirmative.

Psycho

Last edited:

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    Meh, I still like the Johto Pokemon the best, most of my favorites are from Johto: Houndoom, Suicune, Umbreon, Typhlosion,...

Psycho

♥~Catalina~♥
    Years
    There was an exiguous amount of nonpareil Pokemon within the Johto chronicle, such as: Totodile and Feraligator. Yet, Hoenn's assemblage doesn't have much to present in the lines of unparagoned design. I really don't see an abundance of singularity in Pokemon personalities anymore; which is forlorn because the originality is what first piqued my interest >_>

Psycho

Last edited:

Pyroli

Flame Thingummy
    Years
    I adore the Johto Pokemon, they're my faves, but I don't like the region starters. whenever I started a new game, I could never pick a starter easily 'cause I didn't want any of them...

Psycho

♥~Catalina~♥
    Years
    I would frequently choose a water type; none of the other aquatic Pokemon could conciliate my team's over all symmetry. Totodile was also my favorite of all the Johto starters.

Psycho

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Psycho said:
    I would frequently choose a water type; none of the other aquatic Pokemon could conciliate my team's over all symmetry. Totodile was also my favorite of all the Johto starters.

Psycho
    Totodile was cute, but I love chikorita.

Grass pokemon have always been my type.

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    Psycho said:
    What impels you to choose your starter - Design, Type, or Strategy?

Psycho
    All three. I never chose a Grass Starter, and I'd usually take Squirtle over Charizard in FR/LG. Typhlosion ~ because its one of my favorite Pokemon, and Torchic because the other R/S/E starters were ugly. o_o

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back