• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    I don't compete so I just stated what I thought was better. :P

No, but saying something is inferior to Garchomp on the grounds of it 'not being as strong' is just retarded. It's like saying Slowbro isn't as beast as Arceus- it's not necessary, and you're completely throwing out the awesomeness of the former. Garchomp is Uber for a reason. >:(

Also, >Especially, perfect EV'd
    Are you implying you'd bother using a Pokemon that wasn't even EV trained?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Are you asking me? I don't even know how to do EV training.

I play my games and beat the Elite4. Then I'm pretty much done, if I haven't grown any nice pokés I want to play some more with ^^' Or if I haven't caught something yet. Which I probably haven't.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Ok, I wasn't sure cuz I was the one posting before you and the only one talking about EVs ^^"

I'm gonna play Emerald 386 again... (when I find the time to)

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
    Too many numbers... it hurts.

Anyway, I don't know much about competitive battling but I'm sure you would want to win in every stat besides one rather than win in only one stat category. :P

That is true to a certain extent. But a huge attack stat like Rampardos's is always welcomed =]

Rampardos is pretty awesome, but is hampered by terrible Speed and defenses. However, Scarf Rampardos is pretty awesome.

Ahhmen bro. Finally someone who understands. Yes, Scarf'd Rampardos is very beast indeed =D

Mewcario

Do The DooDoo!
    Years
    Heres a christmas pokemon song!

Merry christmas pokemon! Lalalalala! Ash is gonna find cake! Mery pokemon christmas!Lalalalala!

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    No, but saying something is inferior to Garchomp on the grounds of it 'not being as strong' is just retarded. It's like saying Slowbro isn't as beast as Arceus- it's not necessary, and you're completely throwing out the awesomeness of the former. Garchomp is Uber for a reason. >:(
    Exactly. Even though I think I'm misunderstanding your statement.

I'll try the opposite of what I think your saying though just in case. Due to my limited knowledge, I'll try my best here. I was initially saying that Garchomp with it's best EV stats possible for it would beat Rampardos. That was what I was getting at.

Also, >Especially, perfect EV'd
    Are you implying you'd bother using a Pokemon that wasn't even EV trained?
    I don't EV train because it's not necassary when you only battle in game.

Mewcario said:
    Heres a christmas pokemon song!

Merry christmas pokemon! Lalalalala! Ash is gonna find cake! Mery pokemon christmas!Lalalalala!
    You don't eat cake on Christmas unless it's your birthday. Also, your song is too short, making it as dreadful as the DP rap.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    I'll try the opposite of what I think your saying though just in case. Due to my limited knowledge, I'll try my best here. I was initially saying that Garchomp with it's best EV stats possible for it would beat Rampardos. That was what I was getting at.

But that's stupid- of course Garchomp can beat Rampardos. That's something that goes without saying, as you're comparing an Uber to a BL. What's next, will you grace us with your wisdom by saying that Mewtwo is better than Girafarig?

I don't EV train because it's not necassary when you only battle in game.

I meant in actual battles.

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years
    Exactly. Even though I think I'm misunderstanding your statement.

Modest, min attack Garchomp's EQ vs. 0 HP/0 DEF Rampardos:
    235 Atk vs 156 Def & 335 HP (100 base power): 324 - 384 (96.72% - 114.63%) | Multipliers: 2 * 1.5

Rampy would be lucky to NOT get OHKO'd.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    But that's stupid- of course Garchomp can beat Rampardos. That's something that goes without saying, as you're comparing an Uber to a BL. What's next, will you grace us with your wisdom by saying that Mewtwo is better than Girafarig?
    But it is better than Girafarig.*shot*

Anyway, I don't see the problem with pointing out the obvious. I actually think that we're making a mountian out of a mole hill here.

I meant in actual battles.
    Well, I don't battle outside of the actual game.

Fabian the Fastman said:
    Modest, min attack Garchomp's EQ vs. 0 HP/0 DEF Rampardos:
    235 Atk vs 156 Def & 335 HP (100 base power): 324 - 384 (96.72% - 114.63%) | Multipliers: 2 * 1.5

Rampy would be lucky to NOT get OHKO'd.
    this is why I don't battle outside of the game.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    sorry i didnt know where to go for this, but anyone hav any strong ev trained pkmn they r willing to trade me?

You should probably head over to the Wi-Fi Trade Corner in the Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum (DS) forums section :)

As for "actual" battling, it's great that Pokémon can be so diverse and both be a source for fantasizing fans and competitive gamers. It's everybody's own choice what to do with Pokémon.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    sorry i didnt know where to go for this, but anyone hav any strong ev trained pkmn they r willing to trade me?

As Fable said, try the WiFi Trade forum.

Although real trainers train their own Pokemon, instead of taking the easy way out and using someone else's.

Incidentally, is there a possessive form of else? I can't think of how it would be spelled.

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
    I don't find competitive pokemon that complicated, damage calculations, evs, ivs, etc are just a few of the things you have to grab an understanding of, its not that hard.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Damage calculations aren't really that important. Just remember what kills what, under what conditions, and you're fine (PROTIP: Weavile Ice Shard kills Salamence).

EVs and IVs aren't really important, either- just put everything in the right place, then forget about it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back