• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowofTime01

Pokemon Professor
    Years
    I actually had two or three shinies in Silver (or was it Ruby?), I just didn't realize that they were special. I guess I just got lucky... I actually haven't tried chaining for pokemon in D/P, my boxes are stuffed as it is, I don't see how others are able to get so many shinies by chaining.

HeavensNightSH

Got Diamond Nov. 20
    Years
    I feel pretty lucky since on my first day playing, I found a shiny. I had no idea why a wurmple was purple, so I quickly went to google before doing anything else. My expression follows..... 0_o ... ^________^ Good stuff, but sadly, it was indeed a wurmple lol. Oh well, Beautifly looks nice being purple =P

Suzume

Fire Fist
    Years
    I had pretty good luck with shinies when I was about twelve years old. Then I had at least shiny Drowzee and shiny Rhyhorn in my Silver. But since I was stupid, I restarted the game without trading the shinies away, and since then I haven't seen any shinies at all. Not even in Crystal, which I've probably played the longest. I should really buy that DS so I can play the new games and try to chain for shinies. It sounds like fun. ^^

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Somebody care to tell me how you chain for shinies in DP? o.o

JAR Man

totally wicked trainer
    Years
    HELLO!!!!!!!!!!

is there anyone else here?to talk to

party.....anyone...pleae..

hey suzume talk to me please?

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I found this walkthrough pretty useful when I first started chaining. No doubt you will too.

Edit: The second last link on the page I linked you to is the most useful.

8D Nice. Now all I have to do is get the actual games... xD

Jar... guy... if you want to just talk to people, you can PM them or post visitor messages? Don't annoy random people though...

JAR Man

totally wicked trainer
    Years
    okay i just need to know how to post my game

alright well i`m gonna log off now

Last edited:

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
    8D Nice. Now all I have to do is get the actual games... xD

Jar... guy... if you want to just talk to people, you can PM them or post visitor messages? Don't annoy random people though...
    Look who's hanging in PCC again :D

The games? erm.. DP? I have it now.. um.. sorta..
    Anyway, I started playing, but got bored after 10 min.
    Oh gosh, I shouldn't even call myself a pokemon fan D:

I'm still watching the anime though hehe

ShadowofTime01

Pokemon Professor
    Years

10 minutes? :shocked: I didn't put down Pearl for like 4 hours when i first started... albeit that was more than 2 years ago now... but it's still epic to the classic pokefan. I'm pretty sure the same thing will happen when I get Platinum. All i really have left in my pokefandom are the games (and the occasional episode of the anime when I'm bored and it's on tv).

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024

Bluhbluh right back at ya ;P I'm not hanging btw, I'm POSTING :D

You have it? When did you get it? And, Pearl or Diamond? And a DS? o__O

10 minutes? :shocked: I didn't put down Pearl for like 4 hours when i first started... albeit that was more than 2 years ago now... but it's still epic to the classic pokefan. I'm pretty sure the same thing will happen when I get Platinum. All i really have left in my pokefandom are the games (and the occasional episode of the anime when I'm bored and it's on tv).
    2 years ago? Have those games really been around for that long...? I'm getting so old. I still play Crystal and I love it~
    My Ruby game is the best still though. Seriously, I haven't played D/P/P, true, but Hoenn had so much fun things to do. It never gets boring. I love it.

Twinny, I'm still a pokémon fan. I can be it for you too if you want ;=)

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    is there anyone else here?to talk to

party.....anyone...pleae..

hey suzume talk to me please?

First of all, this is spam. It contributes nothing to any topic and just takes up space on the thread. Second... you waited four minutes between the second post o_O Geez, give people a chance to reply to your posts before getting upset about them.

ShadowofTime01

Pokemon Professor
    Years
    2 years ago? Have those games really been around for that long...? I'm getting so old. I still play Crystal and I love it~
    My Ruby game is the best still though. Seriously, I haven't played D/P/P, true, but Hoenn had so much fun things to do. It never gets boring. I love it.

I pretty much exhausted my Ruby game, but I guess we have different ideas in finishing the game. I completed the Hoenn Dex, got the highest ribbons for all the contests, and bought everything i could for my hidden base, so I was pretty much done with that game. When FireRed/LeafGreen came out, I started boosting my National Dex entries, but I didn't have Emerald so i couldn't complete it. Then I finally was able to get the complete national dex on D/P/P, so to me, my Pearl game is like a continuation of my Ruby/Saphiere/FireRed/LeafGreen games... at least in the sense that my dex is full because of those pokemon.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I pretty much exhausted my Ruby game, but I guess we have different ideas in finishing the game. I completed the Hoenn Dex, got the highest ribbons for all the contests, and bought everything i could for my hidden base, so I was pretty much done with that game. When FireRed/LeafGreen came out, I started boosting my National Dex entries, but I didn't have Emerald so i couldn't complete it. Then I finally was able to get the complete national dex on D/P/P, so to me, my Pearl game is like a continuation of my Ruby/Saphiere/FireRed/LeafGreen games... at least in the sense that my dex is full because of those pokemon.

You have all those games? Man... I nearly could afford the Ruby version xD Though that was many years ago, I'd afford anything now ^^ I just don't feel like spending money on games... But a DS and Pearl/Platinum could maybe be worth it.

Should I get Pearl (prefer it before Diamond for some reason) or Platinum then? Platinum isn't out yet but... I won't buy anything right now anyway.

I've never finished a Pokédex, even in R/B/Y (Yellow, to be exact) I never had anybody to trade with. And when I had almost every pokémon I could catch myself in Ruby... I restarted the game ^^" I wanted to do it over again, for some unspeakable reason.... -kills my old self-

ShadowofTime01

Pokemon Professor
    Years
    You have all those games? Man... I nearly could afford the Ruby version xD Though that was many years ago, I'd afford anything now ^^ I just don't feel like spending money on games... But a DS and Pearl/Platinum could maybe be worth it.

Should I get Pearl (prefer it before Diamond for some reason) or Platinum then? Platinum isn't out yet but... I won't buy anything right now anyway.

I've never finished a Pokédex, even in R/B/Y (Yellow, to be exact) I never had anybody to trade with. And when I had almost every pokémon I could catch myself in Ruby... I restarted the game ^^" I wanted to do it over again, for some unspeakable reason.... -kills my old self-

Well as an only child I found the only person to really trade with was myself. :D, my parents bought me Blue when i was a kid, and eventually I saved up enough money for Red. And then Silver was a christmas present... Gold might've been my birthday present. Ruby was purchased with my GBA SP before going to Disney World. Sapphire was a christmas present? And Pearl was a birthday present with my DS Lite? and I got Diamond for Christmas... I've been lucky enough to own different versions of each GB so I was able to trade with myself... it's lonely being an only child :(

I would suggest Pearl, just because that's the one I chose and it was just amazing to play for the first time on the DS. But Platinum might be a good one to get... It's a slightly different story though. But not so different that it really matters. You would probably get more play out of Platinum, but if you played Ruby so much, I would suggest playing Pearl. But that's just because I think I loved my Ruby as much as you love yours, and we obviously are on the same wavelength about Pearl. But i have yet to play platinum so I really can't give a definite answer. :\

Either way, one of these next gen games will be worth it, I'm sure you'll just get that nostalgic feeling of playing pokemon for the first time when you turn on that DS. I loved it. It felt like was playing my Blue for the first time again.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    That feeling is indeed the best :]

I can still start a random Blue or Yellow game just like that just because I love the feeling. But I soon grow tired, because I know how much better Ruby is xD

I downloaded D/P soundtrack again, finally! This generation's music is so good I can even listen to it as normal music. It's wonderful, but it has got a different feeling from the original tunes...

The music creates the feeling of the games, no? Kanto feels nostalgic and overall pure. Johto feels more adventurous, I personally prefer the Johto tunes, the melody's are better (JUST IMAGINE A DS REMAKE WITH DECENT REMAKES OF THE JOHTO MUSIC~<3) But the very best music is found in the Hoenn games.
    Honestly, the melodys and tunes there often overcome the D/P/P ones. IMO. Maybe the newer music has better quality, but still.

ShadowofTime01

Pokemon Professor
    Years
    :D

I still love the Kanto songs the best. Nothing beats the simplistic sound of the pokeflute, or the haunting melody of Lavender Town, or the glee you feel when listening to the bike song riding the bike from Celadon to Vermillion. In fact I dare you to tell me another pokemon game melody that's better than Pallet Town's theme. That song still takes me back to the safety and security I felt before starting off on my own pokemon adventure. :P I guess I'm still just in love with the original and the nostalgia of it. But LeafGreen didn't feel right when i played it... almost too childish. It just wasn't the same game, maybe I'm just spoiled from the later gens? :disappoin

I never really thought of Johto's songs as being adventurous, but now that you say that I completely agree! And then it was awesome to go back to Kanto in that game and hear the pure songs again. Ruby did have some good songs as well, and i also agree that while D/P has a good music, they tend not to stand out as much as the other gen's music.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    The music from the games is definitely a great part of it. My favorite tune to battle to now has got to be the Azelf/Uxie/Mesprit theme. It gets you in the "VERSUS" mode, haha. Other than that, I like to jump back to Ruby and Sapphire for the Maxi/Archie themes. Those sounded like I was fighting in the Poke-Spanish Inquisition. XD

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I like all of the themes from the games, but Goldenrod City's stands out for some reason. It's upbeat and lively, a style the rest of the tunes fail to produce.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I like all of the themes from the games, but Goldenrod City's stands out for some reason. It's upbeat and lively, a style the rest of the tunes fail to produce.
    That I have to investigate... everybody's got their own taste :] I personally fell in love with the Violet City tune the first moment I heard it. That might be the best tune in all of the games, IMO. Think it's in Olivine too...

Oh, second best btw. There's the Last-Rival-Champion battle theme in R/B/Y (Yellow for my part, but I think the music is the same in all first gen?) I remember the wish for hearing this music made me work all the way to the end, even if I had a pokémon team I didn't really like and didn't really want to use (I've re-started Yellow COUNTLESS times and tried different teams, with different success ^^")
    This tune is in G/S/C as well, of course. But it's not nearly as good there, with the "concussion" or what to call it...

Oh and there's another OLD tune that simply makes me feel happier than everything else. The short little song heard after you go into the hall of fame in R/B/Y, and record your pokémon and your pokédex for the "last" time. And the ending music in first gen is wonderful too. Simply wonderful~ And the Pallet theme of course. Nostalgia yesh.

I can probably go on about music all day long. For a hundred super-long posts. Hm. There should almost be a section on PC for music/game music/pokémon game music ^^~ (no there probably shouldn't be)(it would die)(I'd FIGHT to keep it alive)(but it'd fail)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back