• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CosmicEmerald Version [Updated! 12/24/2019]

Years
What are your new plans?

At this moment, there aren't any besides bug-fixes. The biggest goal behind why I started has been fully accomplished now, sans the extended PokéDex idea.

If I were to go further with this project, the next features I'd add would most likely be more secret locations and 'boss battles', and instead of adding Fairy Type I may create my own. However, I will have to fix the problems first, as some of them are really jarring (like the shifted PokéDex text glitch that happens if you get a level-up while catching a Pokémon).

Last edited:

Marky Vigoroth

...I just liked the Skarmory icon.
Years
At this moment, there aren't any besides bug-fixes. The biggest goal behind why I started has been fully accomplished now, sans the extended PokéDex idea.

If I were to go further with this project, the next features I'd add would most likely be more secret locations and 'boss battles', and instead of adding Fairy Type I may create my own. However, I will have to fix the problems first, as some of them are really jarring (like the shifted PokéDex text glitch that happens if you get a level-up while catching a Pokémon).

Thank you!
I miss the plans of implementing a new Fairy Type, but, honestly, I not only appreciate your dedication to bugfixing but all of the work you di do wi the hack. This hack is my most-anticipated 'sideshow' hack.

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Apr 24, 2022
first I wanted to thank you for making this! it's my abosolute favourite romhack especially because it's for the first pokemon game I ever beat.

but I have a couple requests/improvements that I hope you will consider adding if they aren't too demanding

- adding more wallpapers for the boxes (maybe from future games?)
- more borders
- maybe you can update the menu/box sprites for pokemon to their modern versions? (If this doesn't work very well you can jus change their colours to be more accurate)
- increasing how many items the bag can hold
- adding the ability to switch bikes on the fly (with a key item)
- a way to get Blast Burn, Frenzy Plant and Hydro Cannon for your starter pokemon (Via move tutor?)

Years
first I wanted to thank you for making this! it's my abosolute favourite romhack especially because it's for the first pokemon game I ever beat.

but I have a couple requests/improvements that I hope you will consider adding if they aren't too demanding

- adding more wallpapers for the boxes (maybe from future games?)
- more borders
- maybe you can update the menu/box sprites for pokemon to their modern versions? (If this doesn't work very well you can jus change their colours to be more accurate)
- increasing how many items the bag can hold
- adding the ability to switch bikes on the fly (with a key item)
- a way to get Blast Burn, Frenzy Plant and Hydro Cannon for your starter pokemon (Via move tutor?)

Well thank you for playing!

Wallpapers would be a bit much for me to do actually, as I have no clue where the data for them is stored. There's also the fact it would cause a change in save file format, which may cause problems if switching between this and normal Emerald.

New borders seem a lot more doable, though in this case it would involve replacing ones that are already there. Adding more would cause the same problem as above as well.

More items in the bag also messes with the save block. If I'm going to do things that expand the save, it would have to be done for an alternate variant of the game (ie. Expanded Dex version). Unfortunately since life is a bit complicated for me right now, focusing on that part of the project won't be happening anytime soon.

I could definitely implement the Bike switching thing, especially since the code for it is already in Rydel's dialogue script. Though a simpler alternative might be to give players both Bikes at once. I'll consider it for future releases.

The Move Tutor thing is definitely something I can do without much trouble. I'll keep this in mind too, thank you for all the suggestions.

Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Jun 17, 2023
For some reason, I can't buy the TM for Flamethrower in the game corner, the option isn't there. Does this hack change the TM location?

Years
For some reason, I can't buy the TM for Flamethrower in the game corner, the option isn't there. Does this hack change the TM location?

Yes, the Flamethrower TM is now located in the Magma Hideout. The Locations Guide includes notes on where it and Thunderbolt have been moved to. Ice Beam is still found in the Abandoned Ship (as in regular Emerald version), but I don't think I've given it any new alternate locations. I'll remember to make another if I get back to working on this again.

In the meantime, to get more of these TMs you have to load the save in a normal Emerald ROM. The save files are still 100% compatible aside from the map where Jirachi is.

cazza

Mr. Pokémon
Years
Does anyone know the level caps for each gym leader and E4 + Champion? Planning a hardcore nuzlocke w/ level caps.

Years
Does anyone know the level caps for each gym leader and E4 + Champion? Planning a hardcore nuzlocke w/ level caps.

Here are the level caps in the first battle for each of them in CosmicEmerald:

Roxanne: 16
Brawly: 21
Wattson: 26
Flannery: 34
Norman: 36
Winona: 37
Tate & Liza: 44
Juan: 50

Sidney: 51
Phoebe: 53
Glacia: 55
Drake: 57
Wallace: 60

Good luck on your run!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 16, 2022
First of all, great rom hack. Emerald is my favorite Pokémon game and being able to catch every Pokémon is amazing. I'm almost to a complete national dex.

About what time of day can you catch Suicune? I saw the hint about twilight but haven't encountered it yet on its route.

Also, for catching Mewtwo would I found it's sprite in the same place as kyogre during the story, or is it somewhere else in seafloor cavern? Thanks in advance!

Years
First of all, great rom hack. Emerald is my favorite Pokémon game and being able to catch every Pokémon is amazing. I'm almost to a complete national dex.

About what time of day can you catch Suicune? I saw the hint about twilight but haven't encountered it yet on its route.

Also, for catching Mewtwo would I found it's sprite in the same place as kyogre during the story, or is it somewhere else in seafloor cavern? Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the kind words, and for playing the game.

For Suicune (as well as Entei) you have to enter the route during the specified time for them to trigger, as they aren't random grass encounters. There should be a short 'cutscene' when you get near them.

As for Mewtwo, it's not in the room where Kyogre was. Though, it should be immediately visible when entering the correct room, as far as I can remember.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 14, 2022
Hello! I'm brand new to romhacks but this one looks very cool! I was wondering, could anyone compare this hack to Emerald Final? Is one more difficult than the other? They both seem to be in similar veins, but I don't know enough to know what the main differences are. THank you for taking the time to make this!

Yilmaz1903

Bonjour :)
Years
Hi
Could someone tell me how I customize my characters color?
Also there was an optional zip file on page 18 that updated some sprites, how do I apply it? Do I just place it in the ''add-on patches'' folder?
Thanks in advance :)

Years
Hello! I'm brand new to romhacks but this one looks very cool! I was wondering, could anyone compare this hack to Emerald Final? Is one more difficult than the other? They both seem to be in similar veins, but I don't know enough to know what the main differences are. THank you for taking the time to make this!

I don't know about Final as I haven't played it, but in terms of difficulty I decided to make this one only slightly more challenging than the original game. What I did is just increase the levels of the more 'important' Trainers (like Gym Leaders and other storyline NPCs), and insert a better move into the movesets of some of their Pokémon. There is a certain location in the game where wild Pokémon reach some pretty high levels, but it is among the last areas to explore.

Hi
Could someone tell me how I customize my characters color?
Also there was an optional zip file on page 18 that updated some sprites, how do I apply it? Do I just place it in the ''add-on patches'' folder?
Thanks in advance :)

The color customizations are in the Add-On Patches folder. To apply them you can use a patcher such as Lunar IPS (which I also used to create all the patches). There's also patches in there to revert the changes if you want to go back to original colors.

As for the .zip file, you can place it wherever you want on your computer but make sure to extract the .ips files out of it. Then you can apply them to the game the same way the other patches are used.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 12, 2024
Love this game. Up to the 4th badge already.

Question: Is there a point in this game where we can find additional EV-reducing berries? Also, are there areas made to ev train?

Years
Love this game. Up to the 4th badge already.

Question: Is there a point in this game where we can find additional EV-reducing berries? Also, are there areas made to ev train?

No additional EV-reducing berries, and the EV training spots are the same as regular Emerald. Some of the new encounter areas may or may not help, though I did add an item that lets you see what EVs and IVs (I think) your team has. It basically takes the place of the Scanner.

Vanagand

Vanagand
Years
Hi, I have a question! So I've gotten to the part where
Spoiler:

Years
Hi, I have a question! So I've gotten to the part where
Spoiler:

For that,
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 12, 2024
Hi, does anyone know what section of route 123 I should expect to see Suicune?

EDIT: Nevermind, found him. If anyone else needs to know:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back