• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CosmicEmerald Version [Updated! 12/24/2019]

Years
Ehi SkyVortex, wanted to Ask you something:
-is the BF fully available?
-since i want to play this on 3ds injection, i have to patch the game with the cosmic Emerald rom and then with the file you posted some Pages before?
-the latest version Is in the First Page or should i look for updates in other Pages of the thread?
Sorry for bothering

No worries!
Battle Frontier is fully available as in normal Emerald, but there's a separate patch included that will also let you use all the 'restricted' Pokémon.
The patch you need is apparently the Aug 20, 2020 update in the downloads section, it's just a link that goes to another post in this thread that has the download link.
Yes, the latest CE version is in the main post on Page 1, any updates made to the game I'll also add there even if in other posts.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 4, 2023
Ehi, i was playing the patched rom from Yesterday and at 16:00 pm there where an Orange palette
Then, since i wanted to change the hp bar palette, i recreated a .cia CE file, patching with both the DNC fix you said and restoring the DNC changes.
Now its Always night time and the clock Says that its Sunday.
Did i mess up something or After 17:00 pm the color palette Is night time?

Years
Ehi, i was playing the patched rom from Yesterday and at 16:00 pm there where an Orange palette
Then, since i wanted to change the hp bar palette, i recreated a .cia CE file, patching with both the DNC fix you said and restoring the DNC changes.
Now its Always night time and the clock Says that its Sunday.
Did i mess up something or After 17:00 pm the color palette Is night time?

I'm not familiar with .cia files as I don't have a 3DS, but from what I can tell it's best to do all patching before turning the game into any other format.

At 17:00 the outdoors areas should have the orange color, then at 19:00 it should switch to a pinkish-purple until 21:00 where it is then night (blue). After that it continues to be night until 06:00 (greenish), then day (normal) at 09:00. As for the day of the week being off, I've noticed that on certain portable emulators (such as gpSP) it is off by one day. I'm not sure why, but so far I have no idea how to fix it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jun 14, 2023
I justed wanted to ask whether Emerald(Trashman) as base with same MD5 Checksum make a difference?

Marky Vigoroth

...I just liked the Skarmory icon.
Years
I'm not familiar with .cia files as I don't have a 3DS, but from what I can tell it's best to do all patching before turning the game into any other format.

At 17:00 the outdoors areas should have the orange color, then at 19:00 it should switch to a pinkish-purple until 21:00 where it is then night (blue). After that it continues to be night until 06:00 (greenish), then day (normal) at 09:00. As for the day of the week being off, I've noticed that on certain portable emulators (such as gpSP) it is off by one day. I'm not sure why, but so far I have no idea how to fix it.
That is correct. I had som experience with .cia files.
However, 3DS RTC support is not complete. I had trouble playing Boktai games that are in .cia format.

Years
I justed wanted to ask whether Emerald(Trashman) as base with same MD5 Checksum make a difference?

No, it's the right one. If the MD5 is the same, it's perfect.

That is correct. I had som experience with .cia files.
However, 3DS RTC support is not complete. I had trouble playing Boktai games that are in .cia format.

Yeah that's a frustrating issue when it comes to emulating these types of games. I used to actually use my PSP for emulation, but that clock problem was annoying. That and inaccurate VBlank timings (causing invalid IVs and PIDs on non-hacked Pokémon games) led me to use an RG351M instead. Though I think the latter issue was due to the emulator itself (gpSP).

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jun 14, 2023
Thank you so much for everything you did for this hack,
Really Appreciated Mate.
Also, is physical special status split already pre-patched or we need to do that seprately?

Years
Thank you so much for everything you did for this hack,
Really Appreciated Mate.
Also, is physical special status split already pre-patched or we need to do that seprately?
Hey, thanks for playing!
Yeah PS-Split has to be patched in separately, by default the game uses the original Gen-3 battle system.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jun 14, 2023
Alright,
Literally this hack is like a definitive edition for Emerald, so far loving the changes and options it brought to gen 3.

Just a small favor,
Could you please provide the link for the base Emerald rom you had used to create this hack.

Rest, Thankyou again for all your efforts in keeping this post relevant even now.

Years
Alright,
Literally this hack is like a definitive edition for Emerald, so far loving the changes and options it brought to gen 3.

Just a small favor,
Could you please provide the link for the base Emerald rom you had used to create this hack.

Rest, Thankyou again for all your efforts in keeping this post relevant even now.

Thank you too, but sorry I can't link to anything like that on here. The post would probably be gone before you even see it (it's a copyright violation so yeah).
I can however tell you that if the ROM you have has this MD-5 hash:
Code:
605B89B67018ABCEA91E693A4DD25BE3
then it's the exact same as what I used. There are different tools (such as HxD) that can show you this information, as well as some online ones I think.

Last edited:
Days
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Is there a way to change the time of day even though the clock isnt working? My clock isnt working no matter what i do and i was wondering if there was other ways of changing the time of day without using the clock

Years
Is there a way to change the time of day even though the clock isnt working? My clock isnt working no matter what i do and i was wondering if there was other ways of changing the time of day without using the clock

I don't know if there's a way if you're playing on a cartridge, unless it can be patched to have a specific default time on the clock. Unfortunately, I have no idea where that data is stored or how it works. Maybe it's somewhere in the disassembly project, but I couldn't find anything related to the clock's default time when searching the files. If someone out there knows how to change the default time and share some patches that would be awesome.

The only other way I know of is to use an emulator that has the RTC enabled, and/or set the default time in the emulator's options. One emulator I am aware can do this is mGBA, at least the version of it for Windows can do it. If you have the game on a flash cart, you could transfer your save file to a computer, run it in an emulator to do the events and then transfer it back.

Days
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I don't know if there's a way if you're playing on a cartridge, unless it can be patched to have a specific default time on the clock. Unfortunately, I have no idea where that data is stored or how it works. Maybe it's somewhere in the disassembly project, but I couldn't find anything related to the clock's default time when searching the files. If someone out there knows how to change the default time and share some patches that would be awesome.

The only other way I know of is to use an emulator that has the RTC enabled, and/or set the default time in the emulator's options. One emulator I am aware can do this is mGBA, at least the version of it for Windows can do it. If you have the game on a flash cart, you could transfer your save file to a computer, run it in an emulator to do the events and then transfer it back.

Oh hmmm.. Ill try doing that then thank you but what events only happen at specific times of the day? If you could list them that would be nice.

Years
Oh hmmm.. Ill try doing that then thank you but what events only happen at specific times of the day? If you could list them that would be nice.

All I can remember is just from the guide, such as the 3 Legendary Beasts, Jirachi, Lapras, and some sort of minor things like music changes on a few maps and Nurse Joy's dialogue when you heal your team. There's probably a few other things but they're likely just other aesthetic things.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 4, 2023
Hello Sky
I'm the user that tried to play CE on the 3ds some months ago and i had issues with RTC/DNS
Recently i messed around a bit with PkHex and some other programs and noticed something: between the RTC of the 3ds and the RTC of CE there are like 6-7 hours of delay; if i set the RTC on the hardware at 10am in game i'll have 16-17pm. Maybe its because the rom Is USA and the console EU? I have to admit, however, that other Roms dont have the same issue (like unbound or RR).
Just wanted to point this out, i dont know how to solve It or how you creators could

Years
Hello Sky
I'm the user that tried to play CE on the 3ds some months ago and i had issues with RTC/DNS
Recently i messed around a bit with PkHex and some other programs and noticed something: between the RTC of the 3ds and the RTC of CE there are like 6-7 hours of delay; if i set the RTC on the hardware at 10am in game i'll have 16-17pm. Maybe its because the rom Is USA and the console EU? I have to admit, however, that other Roms dont have the same issue (like unbound or RR).
Just wanted to point this out, i dont know how to solve It or how you creators could

Hey Porygon 3, that is definitely a strange issue but sadly I don't really know how to go about fixing it. I don't know how the in-game system really works beyond setting what times the color changes happen, and otherwise just implementing the feature itself through the interface. The code behind it all is a mystery to me, and on top of that I have no 3DS to test it with. The only suggestion I can come up with is to set the clock 'incorrectly' by 6-7 hours to account for it. Then again, I'm guessing the system might end up just auto-correcting it to have the same problem.

Days
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 7, 2023
Hey can you list all in game trades I know rustboro trader requested venonat for his weedle

Days
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
Greetings! I just finished getting both Lati@s and after healing at a 'center Articuno should now be roaming correct? Is it just a random encounter where it will be standing somewhere along a route, or is there a specific way to track it down? (I do not have it in my pokedex already). Thanks!

Years
Hey can you list all in game trades I know rustboro trader requested venonat for his weedle

They're in the same locations as in regular Emerald:

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/In-game_trade#Pok.C3.A9mon_Emerald

Greetings! I just finished getting both Lati@s and after healing at a 'center Articuno should now be roaming correct? Is it just a random encounter where it will be standing somewhere along a route, or is there a specific way to track it down? (I do not have it in my pokedex already). Thanks!

Yes, after Lati@s is gone then Legendary Bird Trio shows up in order. Though after you get one of them then visit the PkMn Center again to activate the next one.

This video can help you find them faster:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3urEyVjQZw

Days
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
Thank you! I got the Articuno to spawn in the same way I first hunted Latias! Now the downside is it wanting to run right away. Uuuuuuugh.

Back