• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CosmicEmerald Version [Updated! 12/24/2019]

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2020
    Amazing hack rom tbh i was impressed.
    I saw people talking about an IV scanner in this thread but i could'nt find it anywhere, where do i find it?

Years
  • Amazing hack rom tbh i was impressed.
    I saw people talking about an IV scanner in this thread but i could'nt find it anywhere, where do i find it?

Thanks for the compliment!
    The EV/IV Scanner is in place of the normal Scanner you get through doing the Abandoned Ship sidequest.

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2020
    Hey there! I am loving this hack. I saw someone on page 4 said that there was a feebas fishing spot finder. I am having trouble finding it. If you could let me know where it is I would greatly appreciate it!

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2021
    I just finished the elite four and I've saved a few notes throughout the game of things that seemed off.

1) Places that show your reflection do not show the custom colors of your character, they show the original colors. See here I made my character black and yellow, and my reflection is red and green.
    Pokémon CosmicEmerald Version [Updated! 12/24/2019]

2) Kind of tied into my comment about TMs earlier, you can buy multiples.

3) When you step onto the tile right before you leave some areas, it lights up parts of the screen, which seems like a weird graphics bug.

4) Sometimes when you catch a pokemon, the text shown is broken all over the screen like this.

5) In these two areas it is still not possible to run and you are forced to walk everywhere.

Years
  • Loved Emerald, so I'll be trying this. It looks great, judging from the description.

Would like to see what you can do with the Altering Cave. Kind of disappointing that it wasn't utilized in the official games, especially with the Hoenn Safari extension.

Years
  • I just finished the elite four and I've saved a few notes throughout the game of things that seemed off.

1) Places that show your reflection do not show the custom colors of your character, they show the original colors. See here I made my character black and yellow, and my reflection is red and green.

2) Kind of tied into my comment about TMs earlier, you can buy multiples.

3) When you step onto the tile right before you leave some areas, it lights up parts of the screen, which seems like a weird graphics bug.

4) Sometimes when you catch a pokemon, the text shown is broken all over the screen like this.

5) In these two areas it is still not possible to run and you are forced to walk everywhere.

Thanks for the heads-up.

For #1, that was definitely an oversight and I'm glad you brought it to my attention (I haven't really played my hack much since the last update). I just hope that it isn't tied to other sprite color palettes, such as NPCs. I'll try to fix it before releasing another update.

#2 was another oversight, I'm honestly thinking of just turning all the TMs into item-balls that can be found across the map.

For #3 and #4, I've tried several times to find out how to fix them and have had no luck so far, #4 is especially terrible so I hope I can get it solved at some point. Apparently it only happens when one of your Pokémon gets a level-up from the capture EXP.

As for #5, fixing this one should be pretty do-able, I'll remember to address it before another update.

Loved Emerald, so I'll be trying this. It looks great, judging from the description.

Would like to see what you can do with the Altering Cave. Kind of disappointing that it wasn't utilized in the official games, especially with the Hoenn Safari extension.

Yeah I haven't really gotten around to doing anything great with that cave, though I did give it a new wild Pokémon encounter list for now. Only issue is that these Pokémon are also available elsewhere, some are at Navel Rock for example.

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2021
    Thanks for the heads-up.
    #2 was another oversight, I'm honestly thinking of just turning all the TMs into item-balls that can be found across the map.

As a suggestion, it would be nice to keep it as pure to the original as possible. The most notable things here are:
    1) Any TM/HM change should use the TM/HM pouch in the bag to place those items. My concern with you making them item-balls that are similar to key items is that it might not be possible to keep them in the same bag pouch if you do this?
    2) Any TM/HM change should keep obtainable TMs in the same locations in game that you could obtain them previously. E.G. being able to buy some TMs from shops and being able to win some TMs from the game corner and being given some TMs from NPCs. I can understand if you would absolutely have to change for some like shops if you aren't able to figure out in the code how to make shops work correctly, hopefully in that case the places you find those TMs would be interestingly and logically placed.

It feels like overall due to multiple and sellable TM issues, whatever is done in the end could qualify to create a new folder in add-on patches for Re-Usable TMs, with an ips for everything done to make TMs re-usable and whatever you do if you fix the sellable/multiple issues, and an ips for the original emerald with non-reusable TMs. I'll likely still play with re-usable TMs but it would be nice to make it optional if you do end up having to make changes to fix it that really change how people are used to TMs in Hoenn in 1 and 2 above. To alleviate the "non-reusable TMs" problem if that was an option, you should allow TMs to be given as hold items again to pokemon in that ips, because even if they aren't reusable in the original emerald, players would still have the ability to perform the battle tower duplication glitch to get more of a one time TM in their playthrough.

Last edited:
    Years
  • As a suggestion, it would be nice to keep it as pure to the original as possible. The most notable things here are:
    1) Any TM/HM change should use the TM/HM pouch in the bag to place those items. My concern with you making them item-balls that are similar to key items is that it might not be possible to keep them in the same bag pouch if you do this?
    2) Any TM/HM change should keep obtainable TMs in the same locations in game that you could obtain them previously. E.G. being able to buy some TMs from shops and being able to win some TMs from the game corner and being given some TMs from NPCs. I can understand if you would absolutely have to change for some like shops if you aren't able to figure out in the code how to make shops work correctly, hopefully in that case the places you find those TMs would be interestingly and logically placed.

It feels like overall due to multiple and sellable TM issues, whatever is done in the end could qualify to create a new folder in add-on patches for Re-Usable TMs, with an ips for everything done to make TMs re-usable and whatever you do if you fix the sellable/multiple issues, and an ips for the original emerald with non-reusable TMs. I'll likely still play with re-usable TMs but it would be nice to make it optional if you do end up having to make changes to fix it that really change how people are used to TMs in Hoenn in 1 and 2 above. To alleviate the "non-reusable TMs" problem if that was an option, you should allow TMs to be given as hold items again to pokemon in that ips, because even if they aren't reusable in the original emerald, players would still have the ability to perform the battle tower duplication glitch to get more of a one time TM in their playthrough.

1) Good point, though as far as I can tell it should still work considering certain TMs like Iron Tail (picked up in Meteor Falls) still go to the correct pouch, even with the Infinite TMs update.

2) I agree with this actually, it would help keep things consistent if the TMs from the shops stay in the same location. It would be kind of tricky to make a logical way to get all of them 1-time only without making them world-drops. Though now I'm thinking of making some kind of storyline element to it (like the Dept. Store decided to not sell their TMs anymore but will give you the last of their stock for a bulk price, all at once).

It should be pretty easy for me to make an optional patch to revert the TM system back to normal, in fact it would just involve making a 'reverse patch' using the one I backed up in case I needed to put the feature into a clean ROM. But yeah I didn't consider Emerald's duplication glitch when making this, that does give some more options. Though I imagine the glitch is risky to do on some 3rd-party flash carts due to how it relies on a special backup save not all may be compatible with.

Also, my apologies for the really late reply. I did get a notification for your post but it slipped by me until recently.

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2021
    Do you think the ips for moemon emerald would work with cosmic emerald without any bugs? AFAIR moemon was nothing but a complete sprite art swap, nothing with the gameplay.

Years
    • Seen today
    Do you think the ips for moemon emerald would work with cosmic emerald without any bugs? AFAIR moemon was nothing but a complete sprite art swap, nothing with the gameplay.

Tried it, Moemon won't work sadly.

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2021
    Ah yep, I just tried and it just glitches out into a black and white screen when I start the gba. That's unfortunate.

darthbr

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    The maps are awesome. Im Just prefer The original underwater and Victory road style. Will u release a optional with original maps? This is The best emerald rom ever..

*** i found a tile bug inside victory road, there is a waterfall near, if u search, some tiles are more gray than the others.. this is the only bug i found..

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Hey yo, Just wanted to ask if I am supposed to apply the patches to an Emerald (u) trashman ROM or an Emerald USA.gba rom. Thanks in advance!

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2020
    Hey buddy, i loved this hack of emerald, since emerald marked my childhood AND to me is the best version of any gen due to Battle Frontier (they never did such a simmilar thing except for soulsilver/hearthgold, although had less content (just 4 buildings instead of 7)
    I wanted to point out something, i dont know if its either a bug, an incredible missfortune, or u alter the odds within the game, but i have ALOT of trouble with the Latios of the eon ticket. I pick red (latias) to get latios as fast as possible, but guess what, is my THIRD day trying to catch him (ultra ball, 1%hp, confused AND poisoned) and still nothing, i found this extremely absurd so i made an account and JUST post this to tell me if there is any other way im not seeing for catching Latios. I been grinding all those day non-stop just trying to catch latios in that state with my ultras, but nothing, and this is getting totally ridiculous, i think im going crazy, so please... tell me.
    Thats all, besides that, very good hack, and if i cant catch the latios, i think im leaving the game unfortunely cuz is my fav pkmn of all, in all gens.

Cheers, Sam

Years
  • The maps are awesome. Im Just prefer The original underwater and Victory road style. Will u release a optional with original maps? This is The best emerald rom ever..

*** i found a tile bug inside victory road, there is a waterfall near, if u search, some tiles are more gray than the others.. this is the only bug i found..

Unfortunately I don't know if that would be feasible as a patch. I made the changes a really long time ago and there were all sorts of other small edits I did that I'd have to find and undo across the whole game, it would just be complicated. I may try though at some point, and if it works then I'll make a patch for it.

Thanks for letting me know about the graphics problem, I'll check it out.

Hey yo, Just wanted to ask if I am supposed to apply the patches to an Emerald (u) trashman ROM or an Emerald USA.gba rom. Thanks in advance!

Use the Trashman one, it has the exact same MD5 hash of the one I used for creating the hack. If the game is giving a white-screen on startup, you may have to make the following change in a hex-editor (like HxD for example):

Go to the address 0x2E1D95

You should see this:

D0 88 8D 83 42 F5 D1 00

just change it to:

CB 6C 08 83 42 00 00 00

Hey buddy, i loved this hack of emerald, since emerald marked my childhood AND to me is the best version of any gen due to Battle Frontier (they never did such a simmilar thing except for soulsilver/hearthgold, although had less content (just 4 buildings instead of 7)
    I wanted to point out something, i dont know if its either a bug, an incredible missfortune, or u alter the odds within the game, but i have ALOT of trouble with the Latios of the eon ticket. I pick red (latias) to get latios as fast as possible, but guess what, is my THIRD day trying to catch him (ultra ball, 1%hp, confused AND poisoned) and still nothing, i found this extremely absurd so i made an account and JUST post this to tell me if there is any other way im not seeing for catching Latios. I been grinding all those day non-stop just trying to catch latios in that state with my ultras, but nothing, and this is getting totally ridiculous, i think im going crazy, so please... tell me.
    Thats all, besides that, very good hack, and if i cant catch the latios, i think im leaving the game unfortunely cuz is my fav pkmn of all, in all gens.

Cheers, Sam

Hi Sam, thanks for playing the game :)

Nope, I didn't change the catching chance for Latios, it just tends to be a pain to catch because it has a catch rate of 3 (same as Rayquaza and the Regis). Confusion won't affect how easy it is to catch, but will run the risk of it fainting itself. Your best bet possible would be to either put it to sleep or freeze it at red-zone/1 HP and throw Ultra Balls. Poison/burn/paralysis will add a 1.5x multiplier in the catch rate equation, while sleep/freeze adds a 2x. If you still have a Master Ball you may want to use it, you'll eventually be able to find a spare one (unless you already used that one).

To make it even easier to deal with the Latios, put a dark-type or Shedinja against it so it can't even damage your team while you try to catch it.

Last edited:
    Back