• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Crystal Shards

Status
Not open for further replies.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Kike, I hope this doesn't make you lose your will to keep on the hack. A few suggestions: Try to contact a mod from Platinum (as I PMed Gridiron), to discuss things. But, you are the one who should do it, if you want all of this to end definitively. Second, to avoid any other kind of controversies, remove the ceiling (you were gonna do it anyway), and the floor... Use any other kind of floor, it's not hard to do that change. And lastly, unless you PMed a mod from Platinum, go there to have a look at their maps, just to avoid doing something that could cause future controversies.

Come on people! Let's hope all of our G/S remakes get completed using all of our skills! YAY! :laugh:
    That's my personal desire. I really mean it.

mattgcn

Fakemon Lurker
    Years
    Okay, Maxim, seriously. You need to keep a level head when there's a mod present. Honestly.

I can honestly say that the Firebreather up looks exactly like one I had from Pokemon Treasures and gave to Platinum. I'm not sure what the situation was with the female bug catcher though, so I won't pry there, nor will I worry about the maps, since this seems to be mostly settled.

EDIT: The Female Bug Catcher was a gift from a girl at another forum, I'm sure Epona could dig her up if we asked. The kimono girls are also remarkably similar to ours at Platinum.

Last edited:

Silent Storm

Achieving Perfection
    Years
    Sorry for the lack of updates on translating, but I really dont know how to use sricpted, I need a step by step guide on how to open up all the NPC scripts and other scripts so I can text edit.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    There really isn't need of knowing scripting for text translating. All you need is: either knowing how to handle Advance-Text, or dealing with hex and an hex-editor (I think Advance-Text is the best choice, if you are careful). Because all you need there is "Search" the text that needs to be translated, add it to the ini (giving the text a name, and maybe creating a "folder" for it or for a few texts in the same area, and then scroll through the "folders" to find the "folder" you made for that area, and search the name you gave to the text. After that, text editing becomes as simple as to delete the stuff written and write new stuff, but, I'd suggest to don't go over the "Characters to Repoint" number (don't let it go less than 0, or it'll need to repoint and it may be a bit dangerous)

Silent Storm

Achieving Perfection
    Years
    Well I did try to use advance text but all I could do was the introduction. Kike said on MSN he used scriptED and thingy32 to do text scripts and other texts.

Last edited:

Silent Storm

Achieving Perfection
    Years
    Slow updates.

I have been trying to open up the scripts, but for some reason they wont open up.

Until someone helps me open them up, I can translate.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back