• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

Years
  • Hi Diego, i play Pokemon CrystalDust for long time, and i'm your fan :D, it all fine on PC using VBA, but when i play this Hack in VBag( is an GBA emulator for Symbian S60v3) and i got a probleme, when i go to the stair, every stair, and i'm teleport to another location, and i can't start the game because i'm go into the Violet City :(, hope you fix it or tell me how i can fix my emulator :D
    Thanks anyway !!
    P/s sorry for my bad english :D
    P/s 2: I'm playing your newest patch

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2022
    Do the same methods for getting Fire/Leaf/Water stones in Crystal work in this one? The one with the call system?

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2014
    New to this forum/thread couldn't read it all due to potential brain melting; A. Freaking love this, so far it's been better than hg/ss B. Scizor is my favorite pokemon, how do I get him without trading? C. You rock! D. Is this finished? I've only just started it. E. Thank you for spending as much time as you have on this!

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Hey, I was looking for the download link for the beta and all I found was a broken link, it was a 404 error •_•

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2023
    Is it possible to catch Pineco in this hack? I really hope I'm not just getting unlucky with all the repeated headbutt'ing in Ilex Forest...

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2023
    New to this forum/thread couldn't read it all due to potential brain melting; A. Freaking love this, so far it's been better than hg/ss B. Scizor is my favorite pokemon, how do I get him without trading? C. You rock! D. Is this finished? I've only just started it. E. Thank you for spending as much time as you have on this!

About Scizor:

Get a Metal Coat from either catching Magnemites or using Thief against Magnemites. Then put the Metal Coat on Scyther, which you can obtain on Tuesdays or Saturdays at the Bug Catching Contest north of Goldenrod, and level up the Scyther. It should evolve into Scizor.

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
    Years
  • Love this game, since the techniques of Crystal have a lot of them. Emerald (you know, Pokemon move when you send them out) and FireRed (Graphics). Great job! So far, no glitches found, and I beat the first two gym leaders, with only a Quilava. Again, good job with the game.
    Thank you!
    Seeing that there has been some inactivity ITT, and wanted to change that because this is a top-tier remake hack! I've been fiddling around with the features of this game, testing cheats, trade compatibility and all the fun stuff of a vanilla game.

I WAS able to trade once successfully between Emerald and CrystalDust, one Johto Regional Dex Pokemon for another. However, I have yet to trade a second time due to compatibility issues. The games states that there is a "link error" in the final stages before going into the Trade Corner and I cannot trade between these two.

I also tried FireRed, but I got the "We cannot trade with faraway places yet" message. I understand that trading is not fully functional yet, but there are changes within the game that render the Pokemon impossible to trade with other regions (ie: keeping all natures the same), so it should not be impossible to get this fixed.

I was a huge fan of L&Z's Liquid Crystal, but I was dissatisfied with the heightened difficulty which is not present in this game. I like how truer this hack is to its originals and how nearly nothing has been changed with the Pokemon themselves (ROM hackers love changing base stats and typing!).

It is unimportant to me when these inconveniences are finally fixed; just know that I fully support your continuance with this hefty project. Thanks, Gucci.

PS: was trying to transfer my Scyther to Emerald for a Metal Coat to evolve it to Scizor because I dislike having to figure out things ;)
    I honestly don't know why trading is so messed up, but I want to eventually figure out a way to fix it.
    I found a glitch when using Dig in Victory Road and returning to Indigo Plateau where you stand on the entrance tile instead of in front of it. It's not a big deal, just thought you would want to know. Thanks.
    I'll fix it for the next update.
    how do you get a firestone in this?
    You can't, sorry.
    Hello diegoisawesome ammmmmmmmmmmmmmazing hack game it almost same in original game but in GBA remake....I have some suggestion about your next beta(final beta release *Hopefully*):

1. If Sevii Islands has been finished would you be additional 8 GYM LEADERS in different place like did in Johto and Kanto...
    2.If Final Battle against RED in "Mt. Silver" can you be additional 2nd Final Battle After Beat RED, I mean If you beat RED in Mt. Silver another strong Trainer than RED will appreared but this time in
    Sevii Islands where Moltres place.It also requires beat 8 GYM LEADERS in Sevii Islands to Face a 2nd Final Battle....

As I said its my suggestion......Anyway keep it up your good work and I hope the next beta *Probably Final Beta Release* will be finished......we will wait :pink_wink::pink_boogie:
    I'm still far away from Sevii, so I'm not going to plan that far away just yet.
    I just started the hack, so i don't know much, i know this isn't a big deal, but looks like we FINALLY have a game with no potion in the PC! Well...of the games i know, the only other game i know that does that is pokemon glazed beta 6, good hack BTW. I have a good feeling about this hack. :)
    Haha, thanks for noticing that small detail.
    I just finished beating the E4 yesterday :)
    My team (all lvl 50) was: Typhlosion, Espeon, Pidgeot, Lanturn, Machamp and Dragonair (too lazy to train it to Dragonite).
    I love this hack and I hope you can continue it! (but no rush, quality takes time)
    Thanks for playing!
    So im trying to get the thunderstone so I talked lass dana and registered numbers but she has never called me. When I go to my phone card there is a little message next to her name but I cant open the message. On the phonecard info it says shes on route 39 but I know shes on 38. When I go to her she just talks about milk. Any help?

The intended purpose of Lass Dana is to call you and give you a Thunderstone when she finds one. Be that as it may, this game has not finished the call features that are in the original GSC, making evolutionary items even harder than they were in the originals. Since this is an Emerald-based hack, the Pokegear functions as the Match Call on the PokeNav from Emerald, rather than just a regular Pokegear.

For this reason, you may not get that Thunderstone you wanted, and this is only because that part of the game has not been perfected. If worse comes to worse and you absolutely need the TStone, you should hack it in (using Emerald's cheats of course). It might be some bug that has kept you from reading the message though. I hope this all gets fixed :)
    Yeah, the phone system doesn't really work right now. It'll get fixed eventually.
    Ive heard of this remake for a long time now, I'm ready to give it a try!!
    Great! Hope you enjoy it!
    Been away for quite a long. Just coming back to tell you that we are supporting you, I know there isn't much activity here but I'm sure there are thousands of expectant players that love your work, so I hope you manage to balance your activities and necessities, mental and physical health are the most important, and I'm sure you have your own unrelated to Pokemon projects. Keep up the great work, every little update is appreciated, even if its just written updates about your experiences, any kind of sharing from you is enough to be understanding and patient. Have a nice day!
    Thank you for the comment!
    ok,the hack is awesome and thank you for making it,i am right now training to go and beat the elite four,i just want to know is trading possible (from crystal dust to saphirre and ruby) and how do you trade using vba ((a noob here :D )) thank you....
    Trading is still a little bugged, but you're free to try it out if you want.
    I'mtrying to link two games of this hack on the emulator myboy,
    but every time I try to, the screen turns black and I get a communication
    error. I can link 2 normal Pokemon games just done but not 2 Crystal
    Dust hacks, I wonder why??
    Trading is still a little bugged, but you're free to try it out if you want. It works, sometimes.
    Hi Diego, i play Pokemon CrystalDust for long time, and i'm your fan :D, it all fine on PC using VBA, but when i play this Hack in VBag( is an GBA emulator for Symbian S60v3) and i got a probleme, when i go to the stair, every stair, and i'm teleport to another location, and i can't start the game because i'm go into the Violet City :(, hope you fix it or tell me how i can fix my emulator :D
    Thanks anyway !!
    P/s sorry for my bad english :D
    P/s 2: I'm playing your newest patch
    I'll fix it for the next update.
    I found a bug! In the attachments there is a MyBoy instant save. I am fighting with a scyter for the contest of the park, if you catch him and go value him the game freeze.
    View attachment 72692
    I don't have My Boy! so I can't test it out.
    Do the same methods for getting Fire/Leaf/Water stones in Crystal work in this one? The one with the call system?
    Nope, sorry.
    A. Thank you!
    B. If you're lucky, you can catch a Magnemite that's holding a Metal Coat and give it to Scyther, then level it up while it's holding it.
    C. Thanks again!
    D. Nope, sorry.
    E. Thank you again!
    Hey, I was looking for the download link for the beta and all I found was a broken link, it was a 404 error •_•
    My website was down earlier today, try now.
    Is it possible to catch Pineco in this hack? I really hope I'm not just getting unlucky with all the repeated headbutt'ing in Ilex Forest...
    It is possible, just not in Ilex Forest.
    DoMoreAwesome - 8/7/2014

As some of you may have noticed, I've changed the site where you can download my game. It's now at https://domoreaweso.me. I'm also changing the name of the game "company" from 'diegoisawesome productions' to DoMoreAwesome Games.

Bill Cipher

Call me Fuxydia~!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    This hack is the perfect Crystal Remake to me. C:

It's just 100% exact, well done to making such a good hack ~

Can't wait for a future release!

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2020
    amazing !!!!! for sure the best rom hack I ever played, your game is by far the best hack for Crystal / Silver / Gold I've ever played.

I have a question.
    Outside the Islands you will put, you want to make other new events in Kanto? I always wished to pass by Kanto was more time consuming, and not just get into the gym and earn the master.

You could even do missions involving Lorelei Agatha or Geovanni, or something that you think best, are only suggestions, you could also do the same as fire red, soon after some event in kanto, the four elite would be stronger with some Pokemon from Hoenn and also take a trip to some island Hoenn after reset the game just so you can pick up some of her six Pokemon xd.

Anyway congratulations, a great job, and sorry if it has errors I'm not American English: D

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2015
    amazing !!!!! for sure the best rom hack I ever played, your game is by far the best hack for Crystal / Silver / Gold I've ever played.

I have a question.
    Outside the Islands you will put, you want to make other new events in Kanto? I always wished to pass by Kanto was more time consuming, and not just get into the gym and earn the master.

You could even do missions involving Lorelei Agatha or Geovanni, or something that you think best, are only suggestions, you could also do the same as fire red, soon after some event in kanto, the four elite would be stronger with some Pokemon from Hoenn and also take a trip to some island Hoenn after reset the game just so you can pick up some of her six Pokemon xd.

Anyway congratulations, a great job, and sorry if it has errors I'm not American English: D
    Although it would sound as a nice addition, to be honest Fire Red/ Leaf Green's Elite Four did not actually have any pokemon from the Hoenn region in their post nat.dex team. They did however included Johto pokemon in their team, so I wouldn't get my hopes up to see those in this crystal remake, aside from the island that OP is planning to include, those might benefit with the Hoenn pokemon however.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2020
    Hey, I have a doubt, in this version the right kadabra evolves by happiness? I had a save he evolved into alakazam in 41, but now I have a another save in 58 kadabra and it does not evolve, there is some hint on how to make it happy? it evolves only by day, has something behind his evolution? '-'

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2014
    Asking, I think you should have captured him a short time, and quite the workout, the Pokémon evolve faster when you catch them early in your game.

About four elite I think it would be cool faces them again stronger.

I do not know if it's a bug, but some Pokemon when they are on your team, and shown them the sprite facing left while the majority are facing right examples Poliwag, Poliwhirl and Croconaw and others, it is possible to fix this?

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2019
    Somehow in this game the Surf (Sp. Att. move) it's much more effective than Waterfall (Att. move) using it with my Gyarados (Att: 107 Sp. Att: 65). Anyway and more importantly, why Will's Slowbro when using Curse makes my Espeon's Shadow Ball much less effective? And when using Amnesia it doesn't make difference? Isn't it suppose to be the other way around? I'm kinda confused here -.- anyway, keep up the good work diegoisawesome. It's a pretty nice hack :3

By the way, i guess you're trying to make a precise remake and in Pokémon Crystal it is supposed to be able to catch Gastly in Sprout Tower and Oddish in Ilex Forest.

Last edited:

DivineCorruption

Lord of Corruption
    Years
  • Wtf is up with my name...?
    Oh god I think I made this for Pokemon Purple(my favorite HMs) like when I was 10-11.
    Btw if it's changed by the time you get this, it's surf fly strength -_- Stupidity OP lol
    Anyways I got these questions lol
    Somehow in this game the Surf (Sp. Att. move) it's much more effective than Waterfall (Att. move) using it with my Gyarados (Att: 107 Sp. Att: 65). Anyway and more importantly, why Will's Slowbro when using Curse makes my Espeon's Shadow Ball much less effective? And when using Amnesia it doesn't make difference? Isn't it suppose to be the other way around? I'm kinda confused here -.- anyway, keep up the good work diegoisawesome. It's a pretty nice hack :3

By the way, i guess you're trying to make a precise remake and in Pokémon Crystal it is supposed to be able to catch Gastly in Sprout Tower and Oddish in Ilex Forest.

Really...? This is Gen III moves. All ghost moves are physical, all water moves are special lol.
    Basically all these types are special Gen III and below:
    Water
    Grass
    Fire
    Ice
    Electric
    Psychic
    Dragon
    Dark
    The rest are physical.

When will you release the next beta?
    Will you add a moemon patch?
    And will you also add mega evo?

Moemon lol
    Mega Evos? That's never happening. This isn't even a DS hack and that's still hard for DS.
    Next beta comes out whenever he's done ;)

Anyways, you make the game a challenge in your other hack, I could barely continue the game with 2 pokemon. I had a Lvl 32 Fearow(Phobos)(was pretty overleveled until 3rd gym when...) Lvl 36 Mewchu(Genechu) lol. Harsh game lol. The wild pokemon levels need to balance more. I got a lvl 9 nincada to a lvl 19 metapod jump lol. Unless it's Beta 2 cuz I had the random torchic switch story. The first battle is hard tho xD Stupid cyndaquil is faster.
    I cant wait to play this one!

Last edited:

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
    Years
  • This hack is the perfect Crystal Remake to me. C:

It's just 100% exact, well done to making such a good hack ~

Can't wait for a future release!
    Thanks a lot!

I have a question.

Well, to be completely honest, I never said that events in the first two regions were going to stay completely unchanged. All I said was that I liked the main game plot as it was from Crystal; events after that are up to me. ;)
    Although it would sound as a nice addition, to be honest Fire Red/ Leaf Green's Elite Four did not actually have any pokemon from the Hoenn region in their post nat.dex team. They did however included Johto pokemon in their team, so I wouldn't get my hopes up to see those in this crystal remake, aside from the island that OP is planning to include, those might benefit with the Hoenn pokemon however.
    A more powered-up Elite Four is all up to me to input or not. Might they have Hoenn Pokémon? Maybe. Like I told the guy above, the post-Red story can affect Kanto and Johto. Or it might not. I still have yet to decide that.
    Hey, I have a doubt, in this version the right kadabra evolves by happiness? I had a save he evolved into alakazam in 41, but now I have a another save in 58 kadabra and it does not evolve, there is some hint on how to make it happy? it evolves only by day, has something behind his evolution? '-'
    Yeah, Kadabra evolved by day with high happiness, like Espeon. And if you want to make it happy, then look up a guide on how to improve your Pokémon's happiness in Emerald. It's the same.
    I do not know if it's a bug, but some Pokemon when they are on your team, and shown them the sprite facing left while the majority are facing right examples Poliwag, Poliwhirl and Croconaw and others, it is possible to fix this?
    That's not a glitch, that's the way their sprites just are in Emerald.

Thanks for your comment! About the issue with Surf and Waterfall, there is none. CrystalDust doesn't have the Physical/Special split present in games after Gen III, so they both are special attacks.
    And yes, I know about the issue with Pokémon present at times of day that aren't daytime, and they'll be added in for Beta 3.
    Anyways, you make the game a challenge in your other hack, I could barely continue the game with 2 pokemon. I had a Lvl 32 Fearow(Phobos)(was pretty overleveled until 3rd gym when...) Lvl 36 Mewchu(Genechu) lol. Harsh game lol. The wild pokemon levels need to balance more. I got a lvl 9 nincada to a lvl 19 metapod jump lol. Unless it's Beta 2 cuz I had the random torchic switch story. The first battle is hard tho xD Stupid cyndaquil is faster.
    I cant wait to play this one!
    This isn't really relevant to CrystalDust but I do know about the leveling issues in Shining Opal, and I'll have them fixed for the next beta.

PokeChris123

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I really like this ROM hack, it feels like a real Pokemon game that Game Freak made, especially since it's a remake. This is one of my top favorite Pokemon ROM hacks, keep up the good work diego! I can't wait for beta 3. :)

swoobat123

Psychic Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2017
    I really love this hack, best remake of crystal <3
    I was defeat etile 4 and champion of johto :) and i can't wait until the next beta release to travel to kanto :D

Some Guy I Am

Second Coming
    Years
  • Very good hack but playing soulsilver/heartgold with a ds emu on my phone is the best way of experiencing a johto remake xD

Back