• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Silver hack: Pokémon Dark Energy - Beta 5 Released

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
  • Hey Miksy, it's been awhile. I hope your work on Dark Energy is going well. I quite like those side quests, and the gameplay and plot is intriguing. I have to wonder and imagine how the final product would turn out. So what is missing from this, some advanced features or scripting you would like to add? (Similar to that intro and one of the cutscenes). Some mapping or map boundaries? This shows a lot of promise.
    I have still quite many areas to add (which pretty much means making all of them from scratch). Basically two sea routes, three normal routes, one big town, two small ones, two parts of mystery woods that are unaccessable before beta 5, team darkness HQ (which will involve lots of work and additional scripting. I have implemented some functionality for this already though - mostly asm work), and something special after that. All I feel like I want to reveal about this right now is that wizard Jin will finally some relevance related to the storyline at this part of the game. There won't be a postgame, but the game will rather continue forward from there and there will be more areas to visit although they're not shown on the map ;)
    A couple of more sidequests will also come available at this part of the game.

So yeah... it will take a while to get everything done :D

can anyone tell me how to go apply the patch without deleting my saved file????
    I'm not sure if you're trying to switch from an earlier version to playing beta 4.1 but if that's the case, the saved file won't work totally fine, but things should work at least somewhat fine. This can simply be done by patching the IPS file onto the rom and continuing to play.
    If you're using automatic IPS patching by VBA, delete the old patch file and give the new patch file the same name as the old (deleted) one had.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2023
    So all you have to do for beta 5.0 is what you said you completed before, two sea routes three ground routes one big town two small ones. Two parts of mystery woods?

miksy91

Years
  • dark_twisted said:
    Have an npc say you're making Pokemon great again or something like that to mock trump's campaign slogan.
    I'll think about it. But not really that interested in the idea unless I work it out a little bit first :)

So all you have to do for beta 5.0 is what you said you completed before, two sea routes three ground routes one big town two small ones. Two parts of mystery woods?
    I'm thinking of including all that along with team darkness HQ in beta 5.

In beta 4.1, you can hear people talking about secrets parts of mystery woods that can be seen if "the person has the permission to see them". For example the guard between gate of Areas 122 and 123 tells some jokes about it (because he doesn't believe in that himself).

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
    Years
  • Miskyyyyyy!! This is CaramelO btw, how are yaa??? So glad to see you improving Dark Energy, well done mate!!!!
    Ermmm a question please! (as usual) I am too horny for the next beta soooo can you just give a hint a hint onnllyyy..

miksy91

Years
  • most of your other hacks don't work at all. Just too let you know.
    I took a quick look and at least all the crystal hacks seem to work the way they should. Was there a problem with them or with some other hacks?

Miskyyyyyy!! This is CaramelO btw, how are yaa??? So glad to see you improving Dark Energy, well done mate!!!!
    Ermmm a question please! (as usual) I am too horny for the next beta soooo can you just give a hint a hint onnllyyy..
    I could if I had an idea when it would be done. Really depends on how much time and effort I will be able (and want) to put onto this.
    I don't think beta 5 will be done this year unless I release only a little bit of new content.

What comes to stuff that has happened after beta 4.1 though, yesterday I uploaded a video in Youtube explaining all kinds of stuff I have done with the hack since that release. Some of its contents I have already explained here, but in case you're interested, go and have a look!

Reactions: Del
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2023
    I found out the problem I was having and the problem was that the downloads don't work with internet explorer so I am using google chrome and it works now.

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
    Years
  • I just watched the whole video, It seems there having been great progress in term of unlocking couple towns in the east parts of region, but in comparison to the western there is fewer cities, meaning that there will be many events and even going back to some visited towns? that will be awesome!
    *Notes:
    *why magikarp has 20bp LOL
    *That Lobster.. I think it need to be returned to it owner, other wise it'll look like it stolen jhahahahaha

edit: congrats new mic :p

miksy91

Years
  • I just watched the whole video, It seems there having been great progress in term of unlocking couple towns in the east parts of region, but in comparison to the western there is fewer cities, meaning that there will be many events and even going back to some visited towns? that will be awesome!
    *Notes:
    *why magikarp has 20bp LOL
    *That Lobster.. I think it need to be returned to it owner, other wise it'll look like it stolen jhahahahaha

edit: congrats new mic :p
    You won't be going back to that many towns unless you do sidequests such as hiring miners. However, there will be stuff to do once you have been to every place in eastern part of the region as well. Just not telling what :P :D

You get less BP from the weakest simulations than you did in beta 4 while you will get more with the harder difficulty modes. I don't remember how much BP weakest simulations give but the amount of BP could be even less than 10.

Yeah... I guess that kind of functionality would be okay to have, but... :D I think it's okay the way it is as well by just not giving it back.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Hey misky . Are you planning to release more games in future? Cause this one's is the best game of pokemon(In java field):6.I also want to know that when you will release Pkmn Dark Energy Beta 5?

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2018
    Trading evolution pokemon like electabuzz,sneasel don't evolve by leveling up..as much as i seen only gravelar and machoke evolver by leveling up...can't you solve this problem so that all trading evolution pokemon will evolve by leveling up.

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Trading evolution pokemon like electabuzz,sneasel don't evolve by leveling up..as much as i seen only gravelar and machoke evolver by leveling up...can't you solve this problem so that all trading evolution pokemon will evolve by leveling up.

This hack has Pokemon from the first and second gen so eletabuzz and sneasel won't evolve

Back