• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Silver hack: Pokémon Dark Energy - Beta 5 Released

Years
  • Miksy its been a long time since I've played this great hack of yours I had completed everything which was there to offer and all. Including all side quests. Does the new beta go any futher.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
    Years
  • Miksy its been a long time since I've played this great hack of yours I had completed everything which was there to offer and all. Including all side quests. Does the new beta go any futher.
    Thanks! What do you mean about "new beta"? Does the current release (beta 4.1) go any further from beta 4.0 for instance? Or the next beta going further from Granaldo City? In case you want to know about the latter, then yes. I haven't planned where the next release is going to end, but I'm almost at the point where I could already give out a new release, but I'll probably end up including more content in the hack which will push forward the release date.

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
    Years
  • Thanks! What do you mean about "new beta"? Does the current release (beta 4.1) go any further from beta 4.0 for instance? Or the next beta going further from Granaldo City? In case you want to know about the latter, then yes. I haven't planned where the next release is going to end, but I'm almost at the point where I could already give out a new release, but I'll probably end up including more content in the hack which will push forward the release date.

COME ON POST THE NEW BETA MAN! I AM SO HORNY TO PLAY IT!!!!!!!!!! LMAO

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    Hey just wondering
    I have done 6 sidequests and have obtained all legendaries though I unlocked the ultimate battle simulator mode and ran into suicune.
    I have no idea if this is a glitch or if it's possible to get suicune however.
    Is it possible some way to get him?

Pokémon Dark Energy - Beta 5 Released

miksy91

Years
  • Hey just wondering
    I have done 6 sidequests and have obtained all legendaries though I unlocked the ultimate battle simulator mode and ran into suicune.
    I have no idea if this is a glitch or if it's possible to get suicune however.
    Is it possible some way to get him?

View attachment 78750
    There's no glitch here. The battle simulator enemies are just simulations like shown in the game and the pokemon they have aren't supposed to be "real", so the way I thought about this is that it doesn't really matter whether they have legendary pokemon or not.

You can get Suicune in the final release of the hack but not yet in beta 4 (or in the next release, beta 5 either).

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2017
    How do I get to North Star? I've beaten Brady and gotten the Wooly Hat, but I keep fainting in the cave. I can't use the hat or anything, and no one else I've talked to gives any other clothes. Am I hitting a glitch?

Years
  • How do I get to North Star? I've beaten Brady and gotten the Wooly Hat, but I keep fainting in the cave. I can't use the hat or anything, and no one else I've talked to gives any other clothes. Am I hitting a glitch?

the hat is used automaticaly. don't use any speed increasing options and you'll have enough time to make it to the exit, with a shorter path.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2017
    the hat is used automaticaly. don't use any speed increasing options and you'll have enough time to make it to the exit, with a shorter path.

Well, that would do it. I've been in the habit of playing at 5-7X speed. Thanks!!

Years
  • Thanks! What do you mean about "new beta"? Does the current release (beta 4.1) go any further from beta 4.0 for instance? Or the next beta going further from Granaldo City? In case you want to know about the latter, then yes. I haven't planned where the next release is going to end, but I'm almost at the point where I could already give out a new release, but I'll probably end up including more content in the hack which will push forward the release date.

So can I go ahead of route 123 towards the other side of the map where we have to surf and all ??????

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2023
    Hello joke question here are you going to have some sort of Donald Trump side quest as a complete joke too add some comedy to the game, cause that will be a one funny side quest.

miksy91

Years
  • Thanks for the comments guys! :)
    (At least everybody has marked themselves being 'Male' here.)

So can I go ahead of route 123 towards the other side of the map where we have to surf and all ??????
    Yeah, of course :)
    I still haven't even finished those sea areas, but I have gotten the next town 100% done until a specific event for which you have to return there later on.

Hello joke question here are you going to have some sort of Donald Trump side quest as a complete joke too add some comedy to the game, cause that will be a one funny side quest.
    That won't unfortunately happen :P
    Besides, I haven't even been following the "background" behind the presidential election in US that much (I'm not from around there), so I wouldn't even know what kind of jokes to pull of without doing some research on Trump's speeches first.

But I don't think a sidequest related to Trump would fit in the hack. It would simply be too out of place.
    However, I could fit something small such as an innocent reference to something Trump has said in a dialogue for some random NPC. If you or somebody else comes up with something like that, feel free to let me know and I'll write it down (and perhaps also add it in the hack). :)

P.S
    Related to the problem Allon encountered, do you guys think I should add more information in the game about things such as not playing with high emulating speed? Most players probably use VBA or some other emulator that supports "turbo mode" which can easily "break the game" in this hack.

Years
  • Thanks for the comments guys! :)
    (At least everybody has marked themselves being 'Male' here.)

Yeah, of course :)
    I still haven't even finished those sea areas, but I have gotten the next town 100% done until a specific event for which you have to return there later on.

That won't unfortunately happen :P
    Besides, I haven't even been following the "background" behind the presidential election in US that much (I'm not from around there), so I wouldn't even know what kind of jokes to pull of without doing some research on Trump's speeches first.

But I don't think a sidequest related to Trump would fit in the hack. It would simply be too out of place.
    However, I could fit something small such as an innocent reference to something Trump has said in a dialogue for some random NPC. If you or somebody else comes up with something like that, feel free to let me know and I'll write it down (and perhaps also add it in the hack). :)

P.S
    Related to the problem Allon encountered, do you guys think I should add more information in the game about things such as not playing with high emulating speed? Most players probably use VBA or some other emulator that supports "turbo mode" which can easily "break the game" in this hack.

perhaps, a simple message of "this rom utilizes the clock feature" or something, like in the original games. that way you won't give too much information about the subject and spoil the content. i think a short message warning people that clock works and time is important is enough. or they can just check the forum for help xD you already gave the HUGE help of the simulation's biggest prize.

miksy91

Years
  • perhaps, a simple message of "this rom utilizes the clock feature" or something, like in the original games. that way you won't give too much information about the subject and spoil the content. i think a short message warning people that clock works and time is important is enough. or they can just check the forum for help xD you already gave the HUGE help of the simulation's biggest prize.
    Yeah, something like that would work :)

What comes to that prize though, I have totally re-implemented how stuff works there. You won't even get the to reset the clock anymore, and the last prize costs now 500000 BP instead of 9999. That practically means that the amount of BP you receive has also changed a lot, and this "feature" is basically based on the fact that in beta 4.1., you don't need to win battles in Ultimate mode at all as Supreme gives enough BP to receive the max. 9999. What I did was to make the game use 3 bytes for storing the BP making it practically possible to have over 16 million BP, but felt like 999999 BP being enough for the max amount.

So yeah - no clock reset anymore as the last BP prize in next release :) (And the last prize won't even give you the keys to receive *you know what* at the bottom of Forgotten Cave.).

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2020
    Hey Miksy, it's been awhile. I hope your work on Dark Energy is going well. I quite like those side quests, and the gameplay and plot is intriguing. I have to wonder and imagine how the final product would turn out. So what is missing from this, some advanced features or scripting you would like to add? (Similar to that intro and one of the cutscenes). Some mapping or map boundaries? This shows a lot of promise.

Back