• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon DarkCopper [New Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
Years
  • The custom trees are.. well.. not very good. I love the updates. Um... please.. use the trees that arent custom, they need work.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    The custom trees are.. well.. not very good. I love the updates. Um... please.. use the trees that arent custom, they need work.
    That's the main reason I posted them up, to see which ones work and which don't. I was planning on re-designing the custom ones as it is, but wanted to see a few opinions first.

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Why do you have zorua we dont even know its english name yet!!
    Back when DP was first coming out people using Turtwig, etc. when only their Japanese names were available, I'm going to change it to its English name once that's revelaed in about a year. Who knows, we might get another Riolu/Lucario thing going on where their English and Japanese names are the same.

Might as well add progress, I'm about to start re-mapping Silver Village, so basically, I'm almost to the point I was when this was on FireRed, and I've only been hacking Emerald since this late Saturday?

I may make a tutorial on how to make new items.

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Who says English names will be better?

Great update Furatman!
    I love Aura Stone when it'll be available? :D
    I still gotta learn how to program fully functionality into it, but, you'll randomly find them and you'll be able to buy them too.

PkmnDarkCopper18.png

PkmnDarkCopper18_1.png

PkmnDarkCopper19.png

PkmnDarkCopper20.png

This screen shows your first encounter with Team Death also a little bit of Silver Path. Obviously the overworld is just a placeholder.

Also, for people who don't like the tree tiles, look what changed.

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Nice Team Death's sprite... by the way will we get Giratina early in game like in previous game? :D
    No, however, you still get to battle L.

PkmnDarkCopper21.png

Diamond Path actually feels more like an actual one than it previously was.

PkmnDarkCopper22.png

Trey's Gym, not much to explain there.

PkmnDarkCopper23.png

Little bit of Shinigami Path.

PkmnDarkCopper24.png

I've gone an "decapitalized" the types, you have to graphically edit those.

PkmnDarkCopper25.png

The L battle, also shows a glitch that just started showing up, the arrow has glitchy blocks under it, does anyone know where that arrow is in Tlp, Tilemolester, etc. It's starting to bother me.

PkmnDarkCopper26.png

An example of new sprites getting made for Trainer Classes. This is what Ohsai's Youngster looks like.

PkmnDarkCopper27.png

Also pallete edited a little more.

Also, I got: All Team Galactic, Rocket, Aqua and Magma Sprites inserted. All but Team Death's leader are inserted too. I have his sprite made, I just only have it on my non-working computer right now...

Last edited:

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2024
    I'm sorry, but you're sprites are horrible, I mean, they're square and plain

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    I'm sorry, but you're sprites are horrible, I mean, they're square and plain
    Well, I do usually do everything on my own. So, my fault.

What do you mean by square though?

------------------

Sort of update:
    Also, instead of waiting to get the Leader sprite, I already re-sprited it. Also, finishing up final touches on text, etc. with Trey (first gym) battle.

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    PkmnDarkCopper28.png

PkmnDarkCopper29.png

PkmnDarkCopper30.png

PkmnDarkCopper31.png

PkmnDarkCopper32.png

A Death Note? It'll have to do with the plot, so it's not randomly placed there. You have to pick it up to go farther into Mt. Shinigami and the game.

PkmnDarkCopper33.png

Part of the 3rd floor of Mt. Shinigami. This is where you battle some Team Death grunts. The 4th floor will have the exit and a certain event, this is also where the Death Note somewhat comes into play.

PkmnDarkCopper34.png

Trey's sprite has been slightly re-designed and fully inserted into the game. I also changed "Leader" to "Gym Leader" to fit with the Japanese games, plus "Gym Leader" fits, there was really no reason to shrink it down to just "Leader"

PkmnDarkCopper35.png

You can now evolve Eevee into Umbreon and Espeon with the Sun and Moon Stones. I know I should just keep since I have "Day and Night" in the game, but eh, I wanted to make it easier. You can also buy the stones at regular marts now and you can find Eevee's on Diamond Path.

Also, to keep Trainer sprites consistent, all Trainers (except, the Player Characters and Death Grunt) in this game are getting new DPPHGSS styled sprites. All "People" overworlds will remain RSE style (Pokémon will have their HGSS overworlds".

I just finished a Team Magma sprite (Tabitha), Courtney, Maxie and the Grunts are next. Then Team Aqua will come after them, other trainers, so on and so fourth.

lalo0101

Thanks Mulczhar for Avatar:D
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2013
    I think you should fix the........

I think you should fix the hair on the hero srites it doent look right also most of you map are empty but thowever the story is ok and i like how your adding more adding or replasing items in the game

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Death Note!
    OMG this hack is better and better :D
    Can we write name into it? :D
    And then after 40 second person of that name die due the heart attack? :D
    You might get to write a name in at the end of the game. But, you really won't use it since you're the "good" guy.

Well, a small update, but still it's an update:
    PkmnDarkCopper36.png

I finally got around to editing in Team Death's Grunts overworlds. I can't use NSE on this computer (I used Overworld Editor RE for Team Death's), that's why I haven't edited the Hero's yet.

I also got the Male Magma Grunt re-sprited and into the game. Things seem to be coming along nicely.

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
  • Love your updates dude.. Have you looked up any mapping tuts though? I think maybe you should submit some of your maps into the MRT and see your comments, People can help you improve and become really good..

Years
  • I think you should change the tiles. Use D-P or HG-SS tiles they are very good. It will look better on your game.

Last edited:

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Love your updates dude.. Have you looked up any mapping tuts though? I think maybe you should submit some of your maps into the MRT and see your comments, People can help you improve and become really good..
    Yeah, I know. But, I'm not worried about maps at this very minute.

I think you should change the tiles. Use D-P or HG-SS tiles they are very good. It will lood better on your game.
    I was planning on adding in the HGSS Tree in with the FR/LG Tree that's already there.

A small update, but still an update:

PkmnDarkCopper37.png

I finally started working on the male hero's overworld. Unlike when this was on FireRed, the hero actually has shading in his overworld.

PkmnDarkCopper38.png

A new textbox, I made it brown to fit with Copper and the text got Darker.

PkmnDarkCopper39.png

Showing small progress on the screen, I'm currently attempting to replace the Pokémon Logo, with the one you can see on the first post. Also, will replace Rayquaza.

I accidentally deleted the ROM's most recent copy, so, no more Shinigami Path, I already re-mapped Mt. Shinigami and added back in all the sprites that weren't in the back-up copy. I'm actually glad it happened, I can re-do Shinigami Path and no more glitchy stuff under the arrow!

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2024
    By square I meant that (mostly) your trainer sprites are blocky and un-realistic.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back