• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon DarkCopper [New Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Why in the world would you change the spelling of Raikou? And it's not even the Japanese spelling. Do you think the fanbase is that stupid that they don't know how it's pronounced? I'm sorry but it just seems like a really stupid edit.

Also, I could stand the Death Note crossover part, but not DBZ too. Just... no.
    I assumed most of the English speaking Pokémon fans are used to the "Raiku" pronunciation. But, actually "oh" is an acceptable way to convey "ou" since the "u" doesn't actually make a sound. Plus, on the same logic, should I use Zorua because it's the Japanese spelling? No, that's a retarded romanization. That isn't the same situation since Raikou isn't a dumb romanization, but, yeah. I switched back Raikoh to Raikou, since the names will never be said and people tend to make up their own anyways.

The DBZ part is only right there, you'll never see it again outside of that cave. You don't have to worry about it becoming an actual part of the story.

Last edited:

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Some screens:

Wargle's custom back, I may change it to the real one once I've added some of the others.

Bagon, your only starter. Which you receive in your room. It also shows that I've de-capitalized, natures, towns, abilities, Pokémon Names, etc. I was serious when I said I was decapitalizing EVERYTHING.

Made some alterations to the tree tiles.

Changed the dark silver-ish color back to the golden/yellow pallete.

Just showing more the pallete/tree change.

Showing some in-battle de-capitalization.

I know I should have more screens; but, due to school and partial laziness. I haven't gotten as far as I should've at this point.

As for Trainers I have added the Basketball Player from B/W in.

Kininja

Where is Wally?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2011
    Hmm.. Nice updates
    But i thought u moved onto a different hack?

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    The hero seems to have hair in his eyes when he stands side ways and in battle
    :P
    I like the hack though :D

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    I guess there won't be any Chinpokomon, huh?
    As of right now, probably not. But, I may use some of the 25 extra slots.

Very nice, but i think a few things could be changed eg. Level 1 starters><
    -
    I may actually boost it up to 3-ish. I just wanna break tradition on some things while keeping it for other parts.

But in general news, I am still working on this; but I have other things going on, plus I need a will to work on it which I haven't felt currently. So, I'm still working on this, but the progress... to be honest will be painfully slow until I feel the drive to work a lot on it.

I'm going to add some Black/White sprites for older Pokémon while adding in a few Isshu Pokémon.

So my question is, I might going and make the backsprites the whole body from B/W, or should I stick with the traditional half-body backsprite?

-----------------------------------

EDIT: Here's progress on some of the other Isshu Pokémon, I'm giving them English names until the real ones are revealed. Here's Zuruggu and Zuruzukin. Which are being called for now: Pantground and Getemup:

I put these two in, original when Black and White came out. I didn't like them, but when I found out the concept behind them; I loved them. I'm actually currently training Zuruzukin, it's Lv. 75 in White.

Last edited:

man

Scrafty the Beast
    Years
  • Hey, Fezao4. Don't revive threads over a month old. That being said, can a moderator close this.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hey, Fezao4. Don't revive threads over a month old. That being said, can a moderator close this.

If someone revives a thread, please just report their post. Anything else is mini-modding.

Fezao,4, reviving threads that are over a month old is against the rules. Please check the dates of posts before posting in future.

Closed~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back