• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon DarkViolet (Full Version Released)

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
  • Could you help me? I don't know how to download the game, I read the whole thing but I still don't get it

First you have to find a Fire Red ROM, which we aren't allowed to specifically say since it's legality is iffy and/or illegal depending on if you have the game. Then you need to download the IPS file, and use Lunar IPS to patch it to the Fire Red ROM you downloaded.

Years
  • I'm up to the 6th gym now. I haven't beat the gym yet. I think I may just wait for the final, full game release and then I will continue. But...I wonder, do I have to start everything from scratch again when, let's say, another major release is out? Cuz I've been this far in the game and I can't afford to start everything over...

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I just finished beta 2.0 and i must say i am completely impressed by the quality of this hack ! As you said : forget nostalgia and so i did .The music inserted into hack is phenomenal ! especially the trainer battle music ! it has extra zing to it.I love the fact that you have given Team rocket a more acceptable reason to be an evil team because in all official pokemon games they were just thugs with no real motive.The scripts in the game are kind of similar to red but still different.The tiling and the mapping if the game is wonderful.I love the fact that pokemon that have evolutins which did not exist originally like lefeon and glaceon still have their original cries ! I also love the in game jokes and humor about your rival blue.. especially the one about his Facebook account.There was never a ull moment playig this hack ! I wish you good luck chaos Rush and i hope you do complete this hack ! Cheers

Yuuki_Asura

Rom Hack Lover as of 2009... XD
    Years
  • Could you help me? I don't know how to download the game, I read the whole thing but I still don't get it
    Here's A ROM Patching Tutoral For PC & Mac

1.Download the Patch on the 1st Post (Since You Downloaded the IPS patch File Already just skip to Step 2)

2.Download a Rom Patcher

For Windows OS
    use patcher Tsukuyomi Or NUPS(for Ups) Or LunarIPS (for IPS)

For Mac OS
    Multipatch(You can patch both UPS & IPS on Multipatch )

3. download A Clean Firered USA Rom

4. done just play it with a gba emulator(I Recommend VBA Windows Or VBA Mac)

(if don't have the programs,The Rom google it, Cause Sharing Roms is Against The Forum Rules or how to patch roms there are alot of tutorials on youtube)
    [NOTICE When rom patching Always make sure you have The Right Region (Ex.Pokemon Ruby USA) ]
    [2nd NOTICE : if Some Rom Patches Appear to be in a Rar Folder like this (Ex.DR2.rar) You Need Extract the File with Programs Similar like Winrar (Windows) or The Unarchiver (Mac) ]

Where can I get HM03 surf?
    Inside The Safari Zone, you need to look for Secret House In the Safari Zone to get HM 03
    ____________________________________________________________________________
    Just Finish Beta 2 But now I'm so Fired up Next one ^^

Years
  • Here's A ROM Patching Tutoral For PC & Mac

1.Download the Patch on the 1st Post (Since You Downloaded the IPS patch File Already just skip to Step 2)

2.Download a Rom Patcher

For Windows OS

For Mac OS

(if don't have the programs,The Rom google it, Cause Sharing Roms is Against The Forum Rules or how to patch roms there are alot of tutorials on youtube)
    [NOTICE When rom patching Always make sure you have The Right Region (Ex.Pokemon Ruby USA) ]
    [2nd NOTICE : if Some Rom Patches Appear to be in a Rar Folder like this (Ex.DR2.rar) You Need Extract the File with Programs Similar like Winrar (Windows) or The Unarchiver (Mac) ]

Inside The Safari Zone, you need to look for Secret House In the Safari Zone to get HM 03
    Thanks for the tip! I'll go have a look when I have time.

Years
  • Same way you get it in Fire Red , Safari Zone hidden house .
    Thanks, even though someone has answered this already. Maybe I'll have a look on Fire Red walkthroughs, and then I will figure out where the secret house was. But, I'm not sure if the Safari Zone has changed in this hack. If not, then that's even better, as I can follow the exact steps from a Fire Red walkthrough.

Ashdejan

TheForbiddenBeast
    Years
  • Thanks, even though someone has answered this already. Maybe I'll have a look on Fire Red walkthroughs, and then I will figure out where the secret house was. But, I'm not sure if the Safari Zone has changed in this hack. If not, then that's even better, as I can follow the exact steps from a Fire Red walkthrough.
    I would show you but i'm lazy to record (Just like i was lazy to read the post so i didn't notice it was answered already :P ) .

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 13, 2014
    First you have to find a Fire Red ROM, which we aren't allowed to specifically say since it's legality is iffy and/or illegal depending on if you have the game. Then you need to download the IPS file, and use Lunar IPS to patch it to the Fire Red ROM you downloaded.
    Can you send me the link to it in private message for me?

Years
  • Not sure if this is a bug or something, but when I received an egg from an old lady in the Underground Path, it never hatches. I remember I received it when I was at the 4th gym, but by the time I got to the 6th gym, it's still not hatching.

Years
  • Not sure if this is a bug or something, but when I received an egg from an old lady in the Underground Path, it never hatches. I remember I received it when I was at the 4th gym, but by the time I got to the 6th gym, it's still not hatching.

Have you actually tried to walk for a long time so that the egg hatches? You know, while you may think that going from the 4th to the 6th gym is a lot of steps, it actually isn't, the game is always interrupted with battles and that type of things, and the number of steps isn't really that big.

Years
  • Have you actually tried to walk for a long time so that the egg hatches? You know, while you may think that going from the 4th to the 6th gym is a lot of steps, it actually isn't, the game is always interrupted with battles and that type of things, and the number of steps isn't really that big.
    Do you mean walking around in the same area for long stretch of time?

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
    Years
  • I'm up to the 6th gym now. I haven't beat the gym yet. I think I may just wait for the final, full game release and then I will continue. But...I wonder, do I have to start everything from scratch again when, let's say, another major release is out? Cuz I've been this far in the game and I can't afford to start everything over...
    You should be able to save in a designated spot, use a clean ROM, repatch and name the game the same as your save file when the time comes.

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2019
    First of all, hands down best hack I've ever played.
    I did however encounter an issue on route 25 using Espeon against a Sunkern.
    Espeon had magic bounce and when Sunkern used GrassWhistle it made an infinite loop back on Sunkern. {D:}
    Edit: This also happened when another Pokemon used sing!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 13, 2014
    Here's A ROM Patching Tutoral For PC & Mac

2.Download a Rom Patcher

For Windows OS

For Mac OS

Can I download this on poke wen ru to make it easier? And will this affect continuing the next beta

Back