• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon DarkViolet (Full Version Released)

Aussie Riolu

What is anything to a Riolu?
Years
VuwwIC0.png

Just pointing out it's impossible to go this way. There's a tile blocking the way. And it's the way to Articuno as well. Also in the same room, it's impossible to go in the upper room for an Ultra Ball as it's just 1 tile too far where the boulder resets it's position.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Mar 13, 2019
Can I continue with my save game from May version of the hack and just update to the August release?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
VuwwIC0.png

Just pointing out it's impossible to go this way. There's a tile blocking the way. And it's the way to Articuno as well. Also in the same room, it's impossible to go in the upper room for an Ultra Ball as it's just 1 tile too far where the boulder resets it's position.

You may need my patch to solve the problem.

Can I continue with my save game from May version of the hack and just update to the August release?

Yes.

Looks like Chaos Rush forgot to apply the maze changes I have made in my unofficial fixed version to this final version. I checked out the final version and discovered a few glitches which caused by the changed maps. I don't know if he is going to release a bug fixed version, so I'll simply make one for those people who wish to play this game perfectly. I have fixed the following things:
(1)I applied the changes I have made before to this patch so Articuno should be catchable now. And of course, that Strength puzzle was removed. There's no way I can keep it, I assume Chaos Rush made the Strength boulders reset just like how they are in RSE. I changed the way how you solve the puzzle, so things should be safe now.
(2)Some tiles glitched after Chaos Rush changed the tiles of the Battle Zone, glitches like you may not return to Mt. Blaze after you find Heatran are fixed.

I'm sorry, Chaos Rush, I don't know if you are going to release an official fixed version, but I really wish to make more people know how good it is. I like it very much.
Here is the link of the fixed Final V1:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/td33qlkny7eitub/PokemonDarkVioletFinal2018V1Fixed.ips/file

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
You may need my patch to solve the problem.

Yes.

Looks like Chaos Rush forgot to apply the maze changes I have made in my unofficial fixed version to this final version. I checked out the final version and discovered a few glitches which caused by the changed maps. I don't know if he is going to release a bug fixed version, so I'll simply make one for those people who wish to play this game perfectly. I have fixed the following things:
(1)I applied the changes I have made before to this patch so Articuno should be catchable now. And of course, that Strength puzzle was removed. There's no way I can keep it, I assume Chaos Rush made the Strength boulders reset just like how they are in RSE. I changed the way how you solve the puzzle, so things should be safe now.
(2)Some tiles glitched after Chaos Rush changed the tiles of the Battle Zone, glitches like you may not return to Mt. Blaze after you find Heatran are fixed.

I'm sorry, Chaos Rush, I don't know if you are going to release an official fixed version, but I really wish to make more people know how good it is. I like it very much.
Here is the link of the fixed Final V1:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/td33qlkny7eitub/PokemonDarkVioletFinal2018V1Fixed.ips/file
I have updated the first post to include a final updated patch that includes your bug fixes, and also I fixed a movement permission error on Route 19 and updated a Cinnabar scientist's dialogue where he claimed Eevee only evolves into three Pokemon (it is seven in DarkViolet and in the Gen 5 games). Thank you!

Please be aware that the level-up glitch where sometimes the game freezes if a high-level Pokemon levels up has not been fixed. I don't know what are the exact conditions to replicate that glitch.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 21, 2018
I am not able to load up this rom. im able to open up fire redperfectly but when i patch this i will not worked. i tried setting it to 120 and not 60 and it still doesstn work and i tried it with 2 different emulators. am i the only one?

Years
I am not able to load up this rom. im able to open up fire redperfectly but when i patch this i will not worked. i tried setting it to 120 and not 60 and it still doesstn work and i tried it with 2 different emulators. am i the only one?

what kind of patch did you use?
which rom did you use the squirrel one or 1.1?
did you use mgba or other emulators like myboy on android or vba?

~ im using myboy android and it works perfectly for me. =)

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 3, 2018
Okay so I wanted to play this rom on my iphone 8 so I downloaded the beta 2.0 version on accident instead of the full finished version and didn't realize it until I beat the 7th gym. And now I can't finish the game. Is there any way I can continue the game without restarting. Yes I've tried the ips stuff and it just doesn't make any sense to me. Is there anyway I can finish it. I would even finish it on my pc if its easier

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 6, 2018
Does the game supports 2 players battle in game link or some other way?

Itaru_Fugeki

Lord of the skies
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 5, 2024
Is there anything to do in the postgame other than catching the legendaries and battling chaos rush and professor oak?

Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2022
I have obtain all 8 badges though I'm not allowed to enter the elite four as the guard says that Lance isn't there. Can someone give me any advice because I don't think there's any guide out there.

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2023
There's a ledge that doesn't have collision on Route D

Also another ledge on Route D

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 29
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited: