• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon: Discovery

Should the beta be released sooner or later?

• Sooner! [Shorter beta]

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • Later! [Longer beta]

Votes: 35 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
  • Question how long is this first beta going to be?

Well I don't really know how to classify it ... I mean if you just do the bare minimum ... I'd say roughly 6 hours of game play and that's minimum but I could be wrong... plus I know where to go for everything and I speed up the game when I play cus I've seen it all a thousand times already lol so Idk it might be different for you guys. There are like 3 "cities" but I don't base it off cities or gym badges cus there aren't any of those in the game. About 15 "big" maps including puzzle places and routes. Err you'll find out tonight!

I'm releasing it in just a few hours, in the evening time. Just tweaking some small things and I'll release it! Thanks for the support everyone

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2016
    I find it fascinating how you're able to create a dark masterpiece like Discovery, but still be able to create something much more silly like Fat Kid at the same time. By the way, how did you work on this while in the sea? Do they let you take your own computers on those deployments?

Le pug

Years
  • IT IS TIME, FOLLOWERS!

Here it is, the release of Pokemon Discovery Beta 1!
    Thanks everyone for the continued support over the past 1.5 years and I hope you enjoy!

We use NUPS since we use 32mb expanded ROMs. So you'll need to patch your Pokemon Emerald ROM with the tool.

Download for NUPS: Click here
    Download for Pokemon Discovery Beta 1 Patch: Click Here!

If you have questions about the hack, how to apply the patch, have suggestions, or want to report bugs outside of this thread, go ahead and join us on our IRC chat by clicking here.
    To see Mako do a Let's Play of the first 30 mins of the game, check out the gameplay here.

Thanks again everyone, Tcoppy and I are happy to release it finally :D​

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2017
    Hello! I've been waiting for this game eagerly and already love it! I did find this though(GIF is sped up as what i use for gif maker has limited time) and this appears for me be it sped up or normal game speed but it returns to normal right after that.

GIF Right Here

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Pokémon: Discovery

This is what the well looks like on my rom. I can still use rope and bucket to retrieve items, not sure why there is a graphically error, might be my rom.

I also had the same issue on the intro sequence as hanabluebird

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
    Years
  • For everybody that has played so far, thanks so much! Le pug and I are really appreciating all this.

Hello! I've been waiting for this game eagerly and already love it! I did find this though(GIF is sped up as what i use for gif maker has limited time) and this appears for me be it sped up or normal game speed but it returns to normal right after that.

GIF Right Here
    It's fixed, and thanks for loving it as much as you do already!

This is what the well looks like on my rom. I can still use rope and bucket to retrieve items, not sure why there is a graphically error, might be my rom.

This is fixed too, and thanks for playing too!

Okay, so soon the download link is gonna be updated and these glitches will be fixed, so before anyone else considering to download, please wait, the update won't take long! It has been updated!

Last edited:

Le pug

Years
  • Hello! I've been waiting for this game eagerly and already love it! I did find this though(GIF is sped up as what i use for gif maker has limited time) and this appears for me be it sped up or normal game speed but it returns to normal right after that.

GIF Right Here

That gross text bug and the well images are fixed. Bah, of course something like this would happen right when I release it! Lol. Well they are fixed nonetheless, sorry for the inconvenience

New version Beta 1 Ver 0.0.2

Weazel

Writing posts he doesn't submit.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2018
    I'm loving this game so far, though I haven't had a lot of time to play, I have noticed a few things and arranged my findings in a bit of a report:

Bug Reports:
    [FONT=&quot]Odd lines of text appear after the Professor demands you stay back, right before the Player identifies their gender. - Noticed you fixed this one already!
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Background of rooms in the ship corridor the player's room is in have grass texture in the void.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Same hallway, the top left set of rooms has an invisible wall a block from the door, cutting the player off from the interior.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Typo in Eevee's Pokedex enty, "StoneS."[/FONT]
    Comments:
    [FONT=&quot]Instead of giving you a whole new Eevee when you pick your Eeveelution, is it possible to make it an evolution event for the Eevee already owned by the player? Losing all that experience is a minor pain. This threw off the entire level curve for me in this early section, and I'll need to do some grinding to catch back up.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The RC Mail is a viewable piece of mail, but it is blank. Is this intentional?[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Purchasing ten Wood Balls nets the player a Premier Ball. Is this intentional?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Overall though, this has been a fairly enjoyable experience so far. I'll report back if I notice anything in future play sessions!
    [/FONT]

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2017
    I think I've decided to become the bug queen for the moment pfft, but okay! When you are on the ship and look around the other cabins, the two on the top left have an invisible wall blocking you from entering further then the door and the one on the most left you can walk on the bed like this:
    Link Here!

I'm sorry if I'm being a bother or anything with reporting this stuff, but I figured you would want to know any I find as I loveee exploring every part in these hacks :3

Edit: While exploring the outer deck of the ship, the music cuts off suddenly. Just the music, nothing else changes but the music just suddenly ends

Last edited:

Le pug

Years
  • I'm loving this game so far, though I haven't had a lot of time to play, I have noticed a few things and arranged my findings in a bit of a report:

Bug Reports:
    [FONT=&quot]Odd lines of text appear after the Professor demands you stay back, right before the Player identifies their gender. - Noticed you fixed this one already!
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Background of rooms in the ship corridor the player's room is in have grass texture in the void.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Same hallway, the top left set of rooms has an invisible wall a block from the door, cutting the player off from the interior.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Typo in Eevee's Pokedex enty, "StoneS."[/FONT]
    Comments:
    [FONT=&quot]Instead of giving you a whole new Eevee when you pick your Eeveelution, is it possible to make it an evolution event for the Eevee already owned by the player? Losing all that experience is a minor pain. This threw off the entire level curve for me in this early section, and I'll need to do some grinding to catch back up.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The RC Mail is a viewable piece of mail, but it is blank. Is this intentional?[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Purchasing ten Wood Balls nets the player a Premier Ball. Is this intentional?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Overall though, this has been a fairly enjoyable experience so far. I'll report back if I notice anything in future play sessions!
    [/FONT]

Bugs are fixed! Thanks for the notice. As for the Eeveelution suggestion, I can't tell you how long we've been caught up on what to do with them ... we've had several different suggestions on what to do and yet nothing really seems to good enough to go off of. Like ... we could have the player wake up with a stone next to them or some random thing like that but really that's probably the #1 thing we're tripped up on lol. Thanks for the suggestion, we'll keep at it and we've also discussed and worked on getting it to where if you get an eeveelution you keep the level of your eevee with it, but that's if we are staying with the current setup of the event. It is not intentional that the RC mail is blank, but it will be corrected eventually. One of those supplementary things to the story for Beta 1 and not necessarily needed at the moment. And yes, the ten ball thing is intentional because we haven't changed it lol. I'll change it now though and have it give you like a free potion or something. Sorry about your level curve! Hope it got better lol I know that Farfetch'd is a meanie >:)

I think I've decided to become the bug queen for the moment pfft, but okay! When you are on the ship and look around the other cabins, the two on the top left have an invisible wall blocking you from entering further then the door and the one on the most left you can walk on the bed like this:
    Link Here!

I'm sorry if I'm being a bother or anything with reporting this stuff, but I figured you would want to know any I find as I loveee exploring every part in these hacks :3

Edit: While exploring the outer deck of the ship, the music cuts off suddenly. Just the music, nothing else changes but the music just suddenly ends

Thanks for helping, you're not a bother. I appreciate you letting me know so I can fix them asap! And yeah, that music is actually pulled from the ending credits song so it doesn't loop but I'll fix it to have a loop. Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Here's the latest: Beta 1 Ver 0.0.4

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • How you got your ups patch to be only 3mb is the real miracle youve made for the game.
    Lol jk. Anyways super glad to see its finally out trying it right now.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2017
    Two things~ One, when playing Pika Does, no matter what you do, nothing happens and if you leave and re-enter the house, you are still playing according to pikas master but pikachu moved back to his original spot

Two: when you enter this route gate/spot you get teleported back to the first city main house
    GIF Here That Shows It

Years
  • Well here are some bugs I've found

In the room with the Proto Ball , the tile the character in my picture is looking at can't be walked on.

Pretty self explanatory. The tiles are a little off.

Another minor tile error, I just can't walk on the tile to the left of the character. BTW if you don't know where this is it's straight south from your Tiki Hut looking house.

If you can't tell what's happening, in the first picture I can go behind the tree, but in the second and third I can't. BTW this is the house in Excultus Village where you buy goods.

I assume this Dratini is gonna be important later but it just don't seem right for the Dratini to block a Wood Ball and then be called a "trainer". Will you change what it says later or will this be left the same?

More movement permission stuff.

Also if I may ask a question: Why is it that whenever I rest, I get "All better! What a weird dream..."? Are we always getting weird dreams every time we sleep or was that just looked over?

I can't get the patch to be applied. How do I do it? Help!
    Skip down to the "UPS Steps"
    https://mail.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=333151

Last edited:
    Back