• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Dreams: MOTLP

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I'm glad you told me that there's few trainers with this problem, I can progress without any issue now. I'll have to sell my paralyze heals for now since they're not usable. Hopefully I can find some cheri berries to make up for that soon.

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Man, the link Download Pokemon Dreams: MOTEL v0.1 "is broken, can pack please?

Sorry about that, but there is a new version v0.5 which evidently is here.
    Pokémon Mystery Of The Legendary Pokémon Version 0.5 Download

I'm glad you told me that there's few trainers with this problem, I can progress without any issue now. I'll have to sell my paralyze heals for now since they're not usable. Hopefully I can find some cheri berries to make up for that soon.

Paralyze Heal works in the new version so no need to sell them now, the problem was nothing to do with me, funnily enough, Essentials spells Paralyze without an 'e' on the end... I'm not entirely sure what berries are available to be found, but the Berry shop will be available soon.

Version 0.5 Fixes many problems, but may kick up new ones, I doubt it, but you never know... Also, there is a new Audio folder... For those guys who have downloaded the game before, download the new Audio folder and overwrite your existing one and when it asks you to overwrite any files, you can say no, it will just add the new files to the folder.

Pokémon MOTLP Audio v2

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I just got some cheri berries at the department store in High End City so yeah I got what I need for now. I'll play this after work tonight since I'm just on break at the moment.

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Ah I see, I forgot about the Superstore in that city... It's nice to have a store like that so early in the game... I believe many people are using the Item Finder often and finding nice items, what about you?

On another note, I've just received 3 more walk-through's which were created before I made NuzMode and before the game went through a massive transformation... I will provide them in the OP... I may get the guys who compiled them to restart and play through again so they can re-write them to current development... If they have time.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I had to restart my game again after realizing how important Bill's gift was. Probobly for the best though as I got an even better cyndaquil than before. However though the IV calculator on Serrebi keeps saying the base power of the particular move it gets is crap sadly. I keep getting 30-49 at most and any higher than that the type becomes useless (such as HP Fire or Poison), and based on how the gyms work in this game getting more pokemon in general would be the best thing to do anyway. So yeah not a total loss at all.

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Bills Gift is extremely important if you want to move forward in the game later on, for sure... However, I know once you've hit Route 04, you'll be stuck on the other end, so there is no need to worry, because you can get his gift from other means... If you miss key items in this game, you gain them regardless, so you can miss them as many times as you like... It just means your encounters (not wild battles) or story will be a little different and/or harder/easier each time.

Congratulations on the new and improved Cyndaquil... But I must stress, don't worry too much about IV's, because although you'd gain those extra stats through IV's or Hidden Power might be somewhat different, you can change all these through the game anyway... Well, maybe not Hidden Power, yet... But you get the idea with that.

Because the gyms are different to your standard gyms, catching more Pokémon is your best bet anyway because the gyms get much worse throughout the game... Even some trainers have requirements... And the new and improved Pokémon League makes for using different Pokémon a lot more fun.

*UPDATE*
    Pokémon Mystery Of The Legendary Pokémon Version 0.5.1 Download[/URL]
    This version fixes multiple attacks actually hitting multiple times now.
    And a few other bits and bobs.

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Ooh I'd better grab that update now. And yeah I will be catching a lot of pokemon for proper gym challenges, I'm off to a good start now as a matter of fact. Got ajolly poochyena, jolly rattata, and jolly bidoof after getting Cyndaquil. I went with Jolly for each of them since their evolved forms need the extra speed more than anything else, plus each one has a helpful niche for certain battles. Even Bibarel in the main games has it's uses from what I've seen. When more features for each pokemon are implemented I'm eager to see what these three can do since they're some favorites of mine.

EDIT: The download link wasn't written properly, can you fix the link?

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I'm still trying to iron out what my team will look like in the end. So far, my key pieces after Barnwood are Charmeleon, Pidgey, and Flaafy. I've gained a bit more respect for Ampharos after seeing how it has helped me in a different Pokemon game I played and am willing to give it a try here.

I also have a Butterfree and Poliwag around for Sleep and Status support to catch Pokemon, but will not be on my main team. While I do have a Clefairy, I believe its role is over now that I have received the bicycle.

I am also trying to get Bill's gift, but I don't think the walkthrough that was posted before is 100% accurate on the conditions. However, I am trying to see what actually triggers Bill giving the item there as I am trying to catch all available Pokemon up through Barnwood to do so (not counting evolutions of said Pokemon).

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Get well soon Nick.

Anyway about to download this new patch real quick. But as for my team I like to do a balanced approach, I was if anything catching all the pokemon at the start to the right speciications I preffer if anything. I got lucky on that front getting a Jolly shroomish for a little speed on a breloom which sadly doesn't have poison heal so I'm stuck with Effect Spore. It would be nice to see ability capsules in a future update, but effect spore has it's uses all the same.

EDIT: A pretty big bug. This doesn't result in a crash but what happens is something that should be addressed. I hit f12 to reset and it erases my game. I close out and log into the game and my file is back. I did this twice in a row so yes this isn't just a fluke.

Also when a pokemon of mine is knocked out in a wild encounter I get caught in a loop where I am unable to send out my next pokemon when asked, and I'm forced to flee.

Last edited:

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    I'm still trying to iron out what my team will look like in the end. So far, my key pieces after Barnwood are Charmeleon, Pidgey, and Flaafy. I've gained a bit more respect for Ampharos after seeing how it has helped me in a different Pokemon game I played and am willing to give it a try here.

I also have a Butterfree and Poliwag around for Sleep and Status support to catch Pokemon, but will not be on my main team. While I do have a Clefairy, I believe its role is over now that I have received the bicycle.

I am also trying to get Bill's gift, but I don't think the walkthrough that was posted before is 100% accurate on the conditions. However, I am trying to see what actually triggers Bill giving the item there as I am trying to catch all available Pokemon up through Barnwood to do so (not counting evolutions of said Pokemon).

I do say to people, catch as many different kinds as possible, raise as many as possible... The reason why I've added so many different ways to raise Pokémon, is so you can use pretty much any Pokémon... So I wouldn't focus on 1 team of 6... Try to have different amount of Pokémon, many testers have hit the Pokémon League with all sorts of different teams... Players with teams of 6, struggle to beat the Pokémon League, albeit, possible still... But many other people with lot's of choices flew through it... Well, did better anyway.

Status inducing Pokémon is what, I feel, is how to win a Pokémon game... Clefairy has other roles, but to be honest, you're correct.

Get well soon Nick.

Anyway about to download this new patch real quick. But as for my team I like to do a balanced approach, I was if anything catching all the pokemon at the start to the right speciications I preffer if anything. I got lucky on that front getting a Jolly shroomish for a little speed on a breloom which sadly doesn't have poison heal so I'm stuck with Effect Spore. It would be nice to see ability capsules in a future update, but effect spore has it's uses all the same.

EDIT: A pretty big bug. This doesn't result in a crash but what happens is something that should be addressed. I hit f12 to reset and it erases my game. I close out and log into the game and my file is back. I did this twice in a row so yes this isn't just a fluke.

Also when a pokemon of mine is knocked out in a wild encounter I get caught in a loop where I am unable to send out my next pokemon when asked, and I'm forced to flee.

Thanks.

I have literally no idea what F12 does, I didn't program it and it's nothing to do with me... I can only assume it's because you don't use the Game.exe that the game won't load your save properly.

Fixed the Wild Fainting problem, I can honestly say, not many have lost to a wild Pokémon and the ones that do would flee, but that's an assumption... Nevertheless, it's fixed and I will release a new version in around 8 hours or so.

That would be a nice Breloom still, Breloom definitely has a good use... Have you encountered any rares yet? On my play through I encountered a rare in one area after around 5 minutes... If you're looking for a balanced team, try using teams of 3... So in your team of 6, make 2 teams of 3... Remember, Insignias play a nice part too.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    A good point on the team building. I've often overlooked the insignias so I need to watch out for that more. But yeah in RPGMaker/pokemon essentials the f12 key is the reset button in general. From now on I'll just save close the game and re-open since this game works so very differently than the standard. Its strange because the previous versions didn't have this glitch at all.

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Remember the Insignias give boosts or decreases depending if they match... If they are the same (neutral), then it does neither raises or decreases.

Oh okay, I'll look in to that, but I got a feeling it might just be a RPG Maker thing.

On another note, I just thought about ctails last comment about the walkthrough... The walkthrough is terribly outdated and I'm yet to hire someone to do another one... But not everything has changed from it.

Pokémon Mystery Of The Legendary Pokémon Version 0.5.2 Download

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    On another note, I just thought about ctails last comment about the walkthrough... The walkthrough is terribly outdated and I'm yet to hire someone to do another one... But not everything has changed from it.

I have to agree, there are a lot of things on the walkthrough that doesn't align with the game currently. I don't know if Bill gives his gift at 25 different Pokemon caught as I just evolved a Pidgey into a Pidgeotto before going to bed last night. I will test that and if not, I'm sure I'll get it later.

As for teambuilding, I usually rotate between 10-12 Pokemon throughout the entire game. While I understand certain Pokemon have their uses, there are some Pokemon I prefer over others due to reliability or coverage in their movesets. In all my years playing Pokemon, I have never used Clefairy or Clefable on any of my teams. I could experiment with the idea, but on the types of teams I prefer to use Clefable does not fit my battling style. I prefer a faster tempo to my battles and I never saw Clefable to fit that role for me. I don't mean anything to sound bad, it's just a personal choice of mine.

When it comes to story teams, I will always have one of the slots be my starter's final evolution. The rest will often branch out from what Pokemon I see in game to minimize a weakness to one particular type. In a sense, I usually build around my starter's type(s). If a particular gym or trainer uses a type that I know several Pokemon I am raising are not as effective against, I will have other Pokemon ready-to-go, to fill in my needs.

Last edited:

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Okay, to get Bills Gift:
    Spoiler:

So evidently, you would be correct, if the Walkthrough says what you state, it is truly wrong.

Everyone has a choice of Pokémon they'd prefer using, I personally like Clefable but it is just a preference... The gyms are fairly simple and signs outside all gyms tell you what type they use so using advantages against them is one thing... But I'm sure you will get the picture soon enough... But your strategy seems legit to me... I hope that same strategy works here.

Good luck

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I want to have fun with this game as well. As I've mentioned in a previous post, I like the ideas for the features in this game and I want to stay focused on that. I will see what the game has in store for me and overcome its challenges to the best of my ability. I do apologize if I have offended you in any way.

Getting back to bug hunting, etc:
    1: I noticed that upon healing at a normal PokeCenter like in Barnwood, the Pokeballs are misplaced below the healing machine.
    2: Are there no more wild Pokemon encounters on Route 04? I remember there being some in an earlier version, but it seems vacant of Pokemon now.

EDIT: I just spoke with Bill and nothing was given. I don't know if I'm still missing something in the end. I'll put my statistics in a spoiler.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    I'm aware of the PokéBalls being off center, that's a graphical thing so I won't fix that myself... We'll need to wait for our graphics designer to fix them.

You haven't offended me, don't worry... Just enjoy the game.

I'm sure that should have worked, others have gotten the item from him... I'll take a look myself and see if there is a problem.

You're team is looking nice.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Get 20 pokemon into storage, see if that does anything. I plan to get extras myself due to the need to get as much as I can.

Yeah something's broken with Bill, I have ten pokemon in box 1, 1 badge, plus a whole team of 6 pokemon and he isn't giving me anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I can confirm that Bill works as intended now. Now that I have the item, it's time to finally pass Barnwood on to High End City.

Thank you for the compliment Nickalooose. I think my team is starting to take shape and I will look forward to see what other additions I can make to it as I continue to play.

Back