• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Eclipse Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
  • I think i'm lost.. again xD..
    I've just got HM02 Fly in Wisteria Town after beating Nate and now.. i don't know what to do D: ..
    There isn't any Gym in Wisteria and the Zorua in the Pokemart's Roof dissapeared, there's some cuttable trees at south of the town and one of those weird grass things that i can't break, 3 badges so far :c

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
    Years
  • I didn't want to give the player a choice since you get to pick one of the Kalos starters after the first gym.
    Starter Pokemon are overrated, I picked one and put it in a pc box all by its self.
    Spoiler:

Also I still managed to fill in my Pokedex a bit, it just took a lot longer without false swipes. Got about 3 boxes full.
    Spoiler:

Also I'm holding back on evolving my Murkrow until Murkrow learns Sucker Punch, that isn't until like lvl 50 or 55 though so hopefully by next release. Looking forward to it, best hack I've played in a long while.

I think i'm lost.. again xD..
    I've just got HM02 Fly in Wisteria Town after beating Nate and now.. i don't know what to do D: ..
    There isn't any Gym in Wisteria and the Zorua in the Pokemart's Roof dissapeared, there's some cuttable trees at south of the town and one of those weird grass things that i can't break, 3 badges so far :c
    Go back to Sienna city, the gym is open now.

Found a bug, I Flew to Sienna City and went into the trainer school just for another look through it. An aide is blocking off the exit to leave, asking me if I'm going to register to become a trainer. I can't go redo the event with the quiz, etc which got rid of the aide originally and I couldn't find anything that could get rid of him or around him. Luckily I didn't save my game in there or I'd of been stuck for sure.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    I think i'm lost.. again xD..

Sienna's Gym should be open now, Anya/Nate mentions it after the tournament in Wisteria. And that's the last gym in the beta, thanks for playing!

Also I'm holding back on evolving my Murkrow until Murkrow learns Sucker Punch, that isn't until like lvl 50 or 55 though so hopefully by next release. Looking forward to it, best hack I've played in a long while.

Found a bug, I Flew to Sienna City and went into the trainer school just for another look through it. An aide is blocking off the exit to leave, asking me if I'm going to register to become a trainer. I can't go redo the event with the quiz, etc which got rid of the aide originally and I couldn't find anything that could get rid of him or around him. Luckily I didn't save my game in there or I'd of been stuck for sure.

Sucker Punch isn't implemented properly yet anyway. I must have accidentally cleared the aide's flag somewhere, I'll look into that. Thank you for playing, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Years
  • Great Hack Christos!
    Completed the first beta so far and I've loved it.

Just thought I'd mention, just finding out you can get a Kalos starter from reading the thread (after completing the hack -.- ) I searched for them and found them in probably the most obvious place, however I could only choose either Fennekin or Froakie, Chespin's pokeball was missing.
    I should've screenshotted it but didn't occur to me when I chose Froakie. Just thought I'd let you know this if you didn't already know.

Juice585

M'Ampharos
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2016
    Glad I checked the thread, I was stuck wondering where the 4th gym was too :)

Enjoying it!

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2015
    After the 4th gym i'm stuck went everywhere no idea where to go?

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2015
    Yeah I've only increased wild pokémon levels a bit, and weakened Drapion since it can be annoying. The Alakazam fight isn't a fight you have to win, if you lose you just don't get the reward and only get HM02 for participating. I'll try to think of a unique way to encounter Audino.

Aipom's evolution hasn't been added yet, I should have at least made it evolve by level but I didn't, it'll be able to evolve in the next release, though. And there's a Dusk Stone hidden in Regalia Tower, I think.

The bugs you found were reported earlier and fixed, thanks! You give the Pokémon Egg to Nate in Wisteria and he returns it to you after the tournament, hatched. The Odd Stone, you have the option to give it to Lucia or keep it, that's all I'll say for now.

You can catch Helioptile at Gargoyle Pass, and Flabébé by walking on the flowers at Sylph Gardens. I don't think any others are obtainable. Though I'll try to include more earlier in the game for people who never got to play the Generation 6 games!

Thanks!

I checked the tournament script and didn't find a typo, maybe it was reported earlier and I corrected it. Thank you!

Pokémon Eclipse Version
    Pokémon Eclipse Version

Iris Town was expanded to make room for the Fossil Lab which was at Tengu Cross. I've also changed its building, and also the houses so they match. In addition, a new building is in Coral Town, more information on that in the next update!

Damn, dude. Nice hack! I'd give it a 9/10, consider making the HM moves actually combat useful to prevent HM mules, but the -1 is really because I don't know whether I should give up my Odd Stone >:c

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2023
    So I must be missing something. Says the base rom is "BPRE FireRed"
    No clue what that acronym is, but I tried using a FireRed rom I used for pretty much every other hack on here, and it didn't work at first. Then I googled BPRE FireRed and downloaded a few of the top search results, and none of them work either.
    What am I missing?

As an update, I just kept trying different fire red roms. Eventually got one with Squirrels in the title that worked. Anyone want to discuss the differences for a non-experienced pokemon hacker?

I never updated the download with the fixed bugs since none of them were major. Parabolic Charge isn't in the game yet, but it probably will be. What's Frubble?
    Well, it looks like I'll have to wait for the next beta and go to a move relearner to teach the move to my helioptile. Sorry about Frubble. As you might've expected, I've not played the gen 6 games and my cousin who usually sees the anime fooled me into thinking that frubble was a move that Ash's froakie learned and which was exclusive to its evolutionary line. I'm really ashamed. I should've known better...

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2023
    Also, so you know Skill Link doesn't seem to work on Shelder.
    Whatever that Ice move he starts with is still operates as normal. Many times, it only hits 2-4 times instead of the forced 5 from the ability.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Seems like Lucario is winning the poll but I hope it won't affect your decision too much. Lucario is overused in general in hacks, not to mention already used in X/Y. Would be nice to get something a bit more exciting.

marcc5m

what
    Years
  • And we've got another episode where we explore the Gaea Mines! Check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g7kL4rCiaw

Tune back in on Tuesday for more!

No offence but could you maybe move these to a thread in the Let's Play section? It's a little annoying checking the post for new updates to the hack just to keep seeing an LP instead >_>

Anyway as far as the Mega Evolution poll, I vote for other.
    You mentioned that you would be adding brand new Megas, so I'd like to be surprised with one of those.

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • No offence but could you maybe move these to a thread in the Let's Play section? It's a little annoying checking the post for new updates to the hack just to keep seeing an LP instead >_>

Anyway as far as the Mega Evolution poll, I vote for other.
    You mentioned that you would be adding brand new Megas, so I'd like to be surprised with one of those.

Aww, I enjoy his lets plays, and it's related to the hack in some ways. Anyways, updates would be by Christos not him I'd think.

Christos, I'm happy to see you're making steady progress. It looks like everyone is enjoying your hack too. I don't really have anything to say, I just thought I'd drop by again and say good luck. Looks like there are four good hacks in the progressing hacks section this year ^^

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Great Hack Christos!
    Completed the first beta so far and I've loved it.

Just thought I'd mention, just finding out you can get a Kalos starter from reading the thread (after completing the hack -.- ) I searched for them and found them in probably the most obvious place, however I could only choose either Fennekin or Froakie, Chespin's pokeball was missing.
    I should've screenshotted it but didn't occur to me when I chose Froakie. Just thought I'd let you know this if you didn't already know.

The Kalos starters are optional, and they're supposed to introduce the Inn feature, where popular characters from Pokémon will be visiting and giving you items or Pokémon. Your dad tells you about Prof. Sycamore visiting, but I didn't want to force the player to visit the Professor and get a Pokémon, which is probably why you missed it. Chespin's PokéBall disappearing might have to do with its flag, I'll fix it.

Damn, dude. Nice hack! I'd give it a 9/10, consider making the HM moves actually combat useful to prevent HM mules, but the -1 is really because I don't know whether I should give up my Odd Stone >:c

I'm considering alternative ways to HMs, but I haven't decided yet. As for the choices you get to make, none of them will have a major impact on the story, but you will get rewards if you do the "right" thing!

So I must be missing something. Says the base rom is "BPRE FireRed"
    No clue what that acronym is, but I tried using a FireRed rom I used for pretty much every other hack on here, and it didn't work at first. Then I googled BPRE FireRed and downloaded a few of the top search results, and none of them work either.
    What am I missing?

As an update, I just kept trying different fire red roms. Eventually got one with Squirrels in the title that worked. Anyone want to discuss the differences for a non-experienced pokemon hacker?

I think it might have to do with the version you downloaded. Most ROMs available online to download are the correct version, with Squirrels one being one of the most common ones.

Also, so you know Skill Link doesn't seem to work on Shelder.
    Whatever that Ice move he starts with is still operates as normal. Many times, it only hits 2-4 times instead of the forced 5 from the ability.

Yeah, Skill Link isn't working properly in this version. Sorry about that!

Where can i download the las part of this game?

This is still in beta version, it only goes up to 4 gyms.

Seems like Lucario is winning the poll but I hope it won't affect your decision too much. Lucario is overused in general in hacks, not to mention already used in X/Y. Would be nice to get something a bit more exciting.

Should have closed the poll when Absol was winning. :p I'm really leaning towards Absol, I might have the player choose between both or maybe have an optional event with Lucario afterwards. Not sure yet.

Christos, I'm happy to see you're making steady progress. It looks like everyone is enjoying your hack too. I don't really have anything to say, I just thought I'd drop by again and say good luck. Looks like there are four good hacks in the progressing hacks section this year ^^

Thanks! I wish it was steadier, I haven't done a lot of work recently. Share your routines.

Pokémon Eclipse Version

Here's Mega Castform Sun! It's Fire/Grass type and its ability is Drought. This, along with its Rain and Snow forms are introduced later in the game, and play an important part in the main story. Thanks to Fairy for the sprite!

Last edited:
    Years
  • You actually get it at the beginning of the game. Is in one of the houses at the starting city can't remember which tho

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back