• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Electrum 2

Years
    i think i found another bug, i went to this big mansion in route 85 and saw neo rocket there and carr told me ill see you in the gym town after i beat everyone in the mansion, but when i went back to the town there was a small girl told me to find the gym leader and the gym leader doesnt talk at all xD

I posted a note on this under the Glitches/Bugs section, it will tell you what to do.

The error is mine rather than the tileset's, as I didn't realize you could walk on the dirt parts.

Years
    Looks like quite a few people have made it on through to the end of the game, which is great!

Quite a few errors with the Hoenn Region's tileset, which I was anticipating.

I'm going to wait a bit longer before releasing a fix that will cover everything, as the errors are minor aside from the mandatory map patches I've posted.

Once I do that, I imagine I'll be bowing out for a good long while.

So I'd like to thank everyone for playing both Electrum games! I enjoyed making them, so always I'm happy to hear people say they've enjoyed them.

Years
    This is going to sound silly, but what file/s do I need to transfer over to have my save in the completed game?

You don't have to move anything, your saved game is located in an entirely different place from the actual game itself. (Took me a while to find but it's under User>Saved Games or something similar)

If you want to be extra cautious though, I'd copy/paste all of the contents from the new download into the old one's folder and replace everything. I always do that, but I'm overly cautious about anything related to technology.

Years
    You don't have to move anything, your saved game is located in an entirely different place from the actual game itself. (Took me a while to find but it's under User>Saved Games or something similar)

If you want to be extra cautious though, I'd copy/paste all of the contents from the new download into the old one's folder and replace everything. I always do that, but I'm overly cautious about anything related to technology.

Huh! I was unaware that it could be like that, thanks for letting me know!

Tiefi

Røcvald
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2021
    So I'm finally going to play the game and start with Trunq, I'm sure it's going to be great like the first game! However, before starting I looked at the sheets and looked through the type-changes, especially the completely overworked Fairy and Digital types, so now I want to give little suggestions to improve balance, of course I don't want to bother anyone with it:
    1. Since Fairy is in the game, Steel shouldn't be resistant to Dark and Ghost like in the normal games.
    2. The new Digital type feels kinda odd to me. It has an Electric immunity and is only very effective to Electric, which is plausible, since machines are bases on electricity and magnetism. However , machines are also beased on the special properties of metals and the only interaction with Steel is, that it resists Digital? That doesn't seem right at all, I was sure, if it's very effective to Electric, Digital must be very effective to Steel too, since Steel/Electric is the machine/robot-typing. Then Digital is very effective to 2 types and not just 1, which is definitely better.
    3. Ghost is already a defensively good type, so giving it both a Fairy and a Digital resistance seems a bit much. So why not give Grass a Fairy resistance and Rock a Digital Resistance, that would not only balance 2 defensively bad types, but also fit imo?!
    I have other little suggestions, but I think, that would be too much, I don't wanny destroy the concept or anything. What do you say, Warsawgecko?

Years
    So I'm finally going to play the game and start with Trunq, I'm sure it's going to be great like the first game! However, before starting I looked at the sheets and looked through the type-changes, especially the completely overworked Fairy and Digital types, so now I want to give little suggestions to improve balance, of course I don't want to bother anyone with it:
    1. Since Fairy is in the game, Steel shouldn't be resistant to Dark and Ghost like in the normal games.
    2. The new Digital type feels kinda odd to me. It has an Electric immunity and is only very effective to Electric, which is plausible, since machines are bases on electricity and magnetism. However , machines are also beased on the special properties of metals and the only interaction with Steel is, that it resists Digital? That doesn't seem right at all, I was sure, if it's very effective to Electric, Digital must be very effective to Steel too, since Steel/Electric is the machine/robot-typing. Then Digital is very effective to 2 types and not just 1, which is definitely better.
    3. Ghost is already a defensively good type, so giving it both a Fairy and a Digital resistance seems a bit much. So why not give Grass a Fairy resistance and Rock a Digital Resistance, that would not only balance 2 defensively bad types, but also fit imo?!
    I have other little suggestions, but I think, that would be too much, I don't wanny destroy the concept or anything. What do you say, Warsawgecko?

Good to see you here again!

Very good points, as from before. I will consider to rearrange and make changes if time permits. As always I greatly appreciate your insight, I hope that you enjoy the Shinto Region!

The call I have been waiting for happened last week and the voicemail wasn't discovered until today, so naturally I am in overdrive to prepare for the arrival of a 2yr old within the next 12hrs...

Tiefi

Røcvald
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2021
    Hey, I just want to report the bug, that Treeniqua has the exact same stats as Trunquita, so it doesn't gain any stats by evolution! Oh and as I'm here, I want wo make the suggestion, that Freezeti should learn a couple of Fighting type TMs like Beartic - which by the way has the same stats except for a higher Attack - since its moveset is really restricted and it just fits. Especially I think, that it should be able to learn Drain Punch through Move Tutor to add recovery.

Years
    Hey, I just want to report the bug, that Treeniqua has the exact same stats as Trunquita, so it doesn't gain any stats by evolution! Oh and as I'm here, I want wo make the suggestion, that Freezeti should learn a couple of Fighting type TMs like Beartic - which by the way has the same stats except for a higher Attack - since its moveset is really restricted and it just fits. Especially I think, that it should be able to learn Drain Punch through Move Tutor to add recovery.

Thanks for turning that in to me, seems the whole family had that issue. It is now resolved, I've got the patch listed on the main page. So next time it levels up, the stats should make the jump as well. I did add two Fighting-type moves to Freezeti's roster while I was in there, you'll find a move reminder in Port Batumi.

Back