• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Electrum 2

Tiefi

Røcvald
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2021
    Thanks for turning that in to me, seems the whole family had that issue. It is now resolved, I've got the patch listed on the main page. So next time it levels up, the stats should make the jump as well. I did add two Fighting-type moves to Freezeti's roster while I was in there, you'll find a move reminder in Port Batumi.
    Unfortunately the patch doesn't work, since it's just a PBS-file. I'm pretty sure, although I haven't made a fan game myself, that you have to apply the changes made in the PBS-file onto the Data-files in order to change anything, since then every player could change anything by just overwriting PBS-files. Trust me, i've changed PBS-files in multiple fan games and it never changed anything, I just don't know, why I did it multiple times then. XD

Years
    Unfortunately the patch doesn't work, since it's just a PBS-file. I'm pretty sure, although I haven't made a fan game myself, that you have to apply the changes made in the PBS-file onto the Data-files in order to change anything, since then every player could change anything by just overwriting PBS-files. Trust me, i've changed PBS-files in multiple fan games and it never changed anything, I just don't know, why I did it multiple times then. XD

Give the Map Update a shot, I changed it to include all of the Data files. If that doesn't do something you may have to wait on the very last update, which isn't coming any time soon I'm afraid.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    I opened the game earlier, and it crashed and said my file was corrupyed.

Last edited:
    Years
    I opened the game earlier, and it crashed and said my file was corrupyed.

Did you download that updated map file I just put up earlier today? I'm asking because if that's the case and the data update caused it, I need to remove it.

If not, I'm afraid I don't know what could corrupt a save on this type of game.

Tiefi

Røcvald
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2021
    Did you download that updated map file I just put up earlier today? I'm asking because if that's the case and the data update caused it, I need to remove it.

You can restore the old Map Fix, since the changes still doesn't work. Guess, I'll have to wait for the next update. By the way, I looked into the TM-file in the PBS-folder and saw, that a bunch of TMs can be learned only by Pichu, it looks like a bug, but maybe it's just in the PBS-file and not in the game.

Years
    You can restore the old Map Fix, since the changes still doesn't work. Guess, I'll have to wait for the next update. By the way, I looked into the TM-file in the PBS-folder and saw, that a bunch of TMs can be learned only by Pichu, it looks like a bug, but maybe it's just in the PBS-file and not in the game.

I am going to see if I can upload a total fix tomorrow (Sunday/US), no guarantees as I've not used my aunt's internet before.

Those TMs you mention are like that on purpose, as they're not in the game. I was afraid to remove them entirely as I didn't know what sort of chaos that would cause across everything linked to each individual one be it graphics or otherwise.

Tiefi

Røcvald
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2021
    I am going to see if I can upload a total fix tomorrow (Sunday/US), no guarantees as I've not used my aunt's internet before.

Those TMs you mention are like that on purpose, as they're not in the game. I was afraid to remove them entirely as I didn't know what sort of chaos that would cause across everything linked to each individual one be it graphics or otherwise.

Thanks, that'll be highly appreciated! If you're on it tomorrow, could you maybe let Medula learn Dark Pulse by TM, since it's a Dark type, that can't learn any Dark moves otherwise? Of course it's also fine, if you don't manage to update so soon.

Years
    why i cannot download the game anymore?
    I don't understand? The link for the game appears to be working fine.

Thanks, that'll be highly appreciated! If you're on it tomorrow, could you maybe let Medula learn Dark Pulse by TM, since it's a Dark type, that can't learn any Dark moves otherwise? Of course it's also fine, if you don't manage to update so soon.

I've just added it to the PBS on my end, so it will be included when I get it uploaded. I very much miss the boxes you had to tick for each TM for ROM hacks, it seemed so much easier.

Years
    For anyone who is having trouble progressing or just enjoys watching people play games, I highly recommend Galactic Gaming's channel on Youtube.

He is currently doing a playthrough of Electrum 2 and has gone through my first game as well.

I'm trying to stop in here at least once a day and answer questions for now, but once the final version is up I can't promise I'll be around much.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years

I don't think I added the map file yet (I DLed it but didn't add it to the game files). It's so weird, I saved after getting my 4th badge Thursday night, and then opened it up Friday afternoon...and it said the game file corrupted.

Years
    I don't think I added the map file yet (I DLed it but didn't add it to the game files). It's so weird, I saved after getting my 4th badge Thursday night, and then opened it up Friday afternoon...and it said the game file corrupted.

I'm planning to release the update tomorrow if I can, so I would just download that and see if it fixes whatever the problem may be.

One person did have trouble with their file in Astana City, but it wasn't giving them a corrupted file. Hopefully the update will fix it for you.

Tiefi

Røcvald
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2021
    I just found, that there's a TM for Night Daze, which Medula can learn, so Dark Pulse is no longe needed. However, it would be nice, if Freezeti could learn Bulk Up like Beartic, so it has a nice Fighting-boost.

Years
    I just found, that there's a TM for Night Daze, which Medula can learn, so Dark Pulse is no longe needed. However, it would be nice, if Freezeti could learn Bulk Up like Beartic, so it has a nice Fighting-boost.

I didn't see this before I got to upload, sorry.

The revised version is live now, with everything I'd confirmed earlier. Surprised it actually uploaded from home, the progress started going backwards on the first three attempts.

Tiefi

Røcvald
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2021
    I didn't see this before I got to upload, sorry.

The revised version is live now, with everything I'd confirmed earlier. Surprised it actually uploaded from home, the progress started going backwards on the first three attempts.

I hate to say this, but still nothing changed in my game. I leveled up Treeniqua and it had the same base stats, then I went to the move tutor and Freezeti's moveset was the same. Maybe I did smething wrong, but I don't know what.

Years
    I hate to say this, but still nothing changed in my game. I leveled up Treeniqua and it had the same base stats, then I went to the move tutor and Freezeti's moveset was the same. Maybe I did smething wrong, but I don't know what.

If you replaced the entire game with that folder it should have updated. The only thing I can think of is that those two, because you already have them, are not updating for some reason. Could you catch another Freezeti or Trunq and see if things change? It would learn Drain Punch at Level 17.

Tiefi

Røcvald
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2021
    If you replaced the entire game with that folder it should have updated. The only thing I can think of is that those two, because you already have them, are not updating for some reason. Could you catch another Freezeti or Trunq and see if things change? It would learn Drain Punch at Level 17.

I just caught another Trunq and leveled it up to Treeniqua and the base stats definitely stayed the same. I deleted the old game folder and just clicked on the new game folder, since the save is stored elsewhere.

Back