• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Electrum Version

Years
    Dropping by with an early look at the sequel's Pokemon Center and Gym lobby! The wall colors are going to be changed along with adding some other details, but things are progressing and I'm on track to get the demo out by Halloween!

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Dropping by with an early look at the sequel's Pokemon Center and Gym lobby! The wall colors are going to be changed along with adding some other details, but things are progressing and I'm on track to get the demo out by Halloween!

Spoiler:

Looking forward to the demo! How far will the demo go for and will our progression save when it gets released?

Years
    Looking forward to the demo! How far will the demo go for and will our progression save when it gets released?

I'm aiming for 2 gyms, which will give you a pretty good look at the region and its story. Was hoping to make it to 3 but I'm concerned some quality may be lost in a rush.

On the saves, I'm still unsure. Each time I release a new download I have to clear my testing progress. Normally what kills a save inmy experience is adding a new species after a save file has been made, but the sequel is totally separate and all of the new Pokemon were added before I began making any maps or events.

I would think that making a backup save somewhere and pasting it in would work but I don't know for sure. So far in this thread no one has mentioned if they've had to start a new file with each updated version.

GummiBerryJuice

The dreamer of Fairytales and tamer of Dragons
    Years
    So, I picked this game up again and while going through union cave, I got this weird little text box (outside of the game) popping up on me that says the following:
    ---------------------------
    Pokemon Electrum
    [Pokémon Essentials version 17.2]

Exception: Errno::ENOENT

MiscData:171:in `initialize'

MiscData:171:in `open'

MiscData:171:in `pbLoadFormsData'

Pokemon_MegaEvolution:7:in `getMegaForm'

PokeBattle_Battle:450:in `pbIsUnlosableItem'

PokeBattle_MoveEffects:6631:in `pbEffectAfterHit'

PokeBattle_Battler:2863:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'

PokeBattle_Battler:3162:in `pbUseMove'

PokeBattle_Battler:3142:in `loop'

PokeBattle_Battler:3165:in `pbUseMove'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\maswa\Saved Games\Pokemon Electrum\errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.

Idk if anyone else has reported this or mentioned it. If it helps, I was fighting Gligar with a boohoo using the move Peck repeatedly... Idk if it's something to do with a specific location in Union Cave or of it's Gligar or boohoo or what. But the game didn't crash or anything because I was able to continue playing after clicking okay on the text box.

Years
    So, I picked this game up again and while going through union cave, I got this weird little text box (outside of the game) popping up on me that says the following:
    Pokemon Electrum
    [Pokémon Essentials version 17.2]

Exception: Errno::ENOENT

MiscData:171:in `initialize'

MiscData:171:in `open'

MiscData:171:in `pbLoadFormsData'

Pokemon_MegaEvolution:7:in `getMegaForm'

PokeBattle_Battle:450:in `pbIsUnlosableItem'

PokeBattle_MoveEffects:6631:in `pbEffectAfterHit'

PokeBattle_Battler:2863:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'

PokeBattle_Battler:3162:in `pbUseMove'

PokeBattle_Battler:3142:in `loop'

PokeBattle_Battler:3165:in `pbUseMove'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\maswa\Saved Games\Pokemon Electrum\errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.

Idk if anyone else has reported this or mentioned it. If it helps, I was fighting Gligar with a boohoo using the move Peck repeatedly... Idk if it's something to do with a specific location in Union Cave or of it's Gligar or boohoo or what. But the game didn't crash or anything because I was able to continue playing after clicking okay on the text box.

Looks like it's looking for a Mega Evolution form and a move that causes a status effect after being used. These are getting weirder...

I'm going to release a non-compiled version this weekend that will hopefully wipe out these odd glitches entirely, they're not present on non-compiled version it seems. Very sorry these are popping up, glad you were able to continue playing.

GummiBerryJuice

The dreamer of Fairytales and tamer of Dragons
    Years
    Looks like it's looking for a Mega Evolution form and a move that causes a status effect after being used. These are getting weirder...

I'm going to release a non-compiled version this weekend that will hopefully wipe out these odd glitches entirely, they're not present on non-compiled version it seems. Very sorry these are popping up, glad you were able to continue playing.

Yeah it is weird, but don't be sorry, glitches and bugs are expected to occur during game development. Let's hope the noncompiled version helps!

Years
    UPDATE:

The final non-compiled version is now available! This has fixes for all of the problems I was capable of fixing and will be the final updated version.

Included also with these fixes, the much requested Speed-up Button!

I will also be uploading and making the page for the sequel today, so when that page is approved I will link it here.

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
    UPDATE:

The final non-compiled version is now available! This has fixes for all of the problems I was capable of fixing and will be the final updated version.

Included also with these fixes, the much requested Speed-up Button!

I will also be uploading and making the page for the sequel today, so when that page is approved I will link it here.

Ayee that's great! Can you please tell me how i can go about updating my current version? Thank you!

Years
    Ayee that's great! Can you please tell me how i can go about updating my current version? Thank you!

All you have to do is replace the old folder with the new download.

If you've got a save file you want to keep, I would suggest copying it over to an external drive (out of extreme precaution) so that it is not deleted.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    All you have to do is replace the old folder with the new download.

If you've got a save file you want to keep, I would suggest copying it over to an external drive (out of extreme precaution) so that it is not deleted.

Which file is our save file?

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2022
    Loving The game so far but three things, One Charcole in the underground are at 9,800 while evrey thing elses seems to be much cheeper (not sure if this is on purpose or not jsut thought I would say something) My game seems to be crashing an y time I use teleport..... and 3rd cans I ask wha t is with the cat ch ra t e on the baby tnagegrowt...... I have used sevrel balls (outside ultra) and still cant catch the little thing XD Just curious on the third one.

Years
    Loving The game so far but three things, One Charcole in the underground are at 9,800 while evrey thing elses seems to be much cheeper (not sure if this is on purpose or not jsut thought I would say something) My game seems to be crashing an y time I use teleport..... and 3rd cans I ask wha t is with the cat ch ra t e on the baby tnagegrowt...... I have used sevrel balls (outside ultra) and still cant catch the little thing XD Just curious on the third one.

That price carries over from Gold/Silver and the internal engine, which I did not modify.

Don't know the deal with teleport, it's not like Fly where I can set the pointers for a destination.

Tangel? Its catch rate should be the same as Tangela's. I don't know how to edit those, so it should be the same since I copied Tangela's data and edited it for Tangel.

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2022
    Ah ok to the first two as for the third one I guessed as much that is just my bad luck with catching thoes... Never had much luck twith tangelas either.

Back