• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Emerald: Double Edition v1.2 [Complete]

Dragonecro0987

The Necrotic Dragon
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 4, 2018
Just curious what the difference is between the Normal Version and the 386 Versions are. If anyone could tell me, then much appreciated.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
New 386 patch link up, sorry it's been such a long time!

Also replaced Locations spreadsheet with a google docs sheet so everyone can view in browser.

No legendaries are rematch-able, sorry. I know that sucks and would like to address it one day, but right now I'm swamped in my final year of uni. If there is a lot of interest I will one day go back and fix many problems I left!

Sprites won't be updated. Don't know where that came from.

I... cannot remember where I put most legendaries now, but Suicune is part of a vanilla sidequest involving water and a ship...

Battle Frontier facilities themselves have not been changed. There's like oneee small addition in Smeargle Cave that's worth checking out though.

Eevee evolution items are all gained in Dewford Town!

386 version just includes every single Pokémon placed into the game so the Pokédex (should be) is 100% completeable without trading.

Hopefully I answered some questions! Also there are a few bugs, like I have said, that are caused by things out of my hands. Please save regularly!!!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 10, 2018
Could anyone give some tips on how they got their party to stay relevant in levels? I am currently about to take on the red leader who has 6 level 40+ pokemon while I only have 3. The grass at this stage is a max of level 16-19 in the volcano cave so I am not sure where to train.

Jttyzzle

Creator of Pokémon Alchemist.
Years
Are you aware of a memory leak problem or something in this?
I've been playing with My Boy! On Android phone and it seems after any lengthy playtime session there is an inevitable crash.
For example, from Fallarbor town -> Lavaridge, I used the bag and it crashed the game and emulator. There was also a time when, after playing for a while, trying to use the bike crashed the game.
Not sure if this an issue on my end or caused by mobile but it seems to be pretty consistent that after a while the game will crash.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
Are you aware of a memory leak problem or something in this?
I've been playing with My Boy! On Android phone and it seems after any lengthy playtime session there is an inevitable crash.
For example, from Fallarbor town -> Lavaridge, I used the bag and it crashed the game and emulator. There was also a time when, after playing for a while, trying to use the bike crashed the game.
Not sure if this an issue on my end or caused by mobile but it seems to be pretty consistent that after a while the game will crash.

Haven't had this before or had it reported, may well be the emulator you're using, sorry :(

Version 1.2 is here, also! See OP for changes, mostly bugfixes/QOL/legendary focused!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 11, 2023
I'm not sure if this is a bug or a limitation of gen 3, but while fairy moves are implemented fine, the fairy pokemon don't actually have a type. They're just shown as ??? and don't get any of the resistances or weaknesses of a fairy type.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
Don't know if you noticed, but by changing the PokeMart in Slateport City, you made it so you can't get Harbor Mail. Which means you can't get the Coin Case in Mauville City.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2024
Don't know if you noticed, but by changing the PokeMart in Slateport City, you made it so you can't get Harbor Mail. Which means you can't get the Coin Case in Mauville City.

You can get it in the Trick House's second challenge (it's the item in the Northern part of the challenge).

Honestly, I'm a little bummed out. Does this mean I can't get Houndour until after I beat the game? That's just...maaaaan :(

Staryu's gonna be a great mon though, can't wait to use 'em.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 22, 2020
Obrigado por sua romhack, mesmo depois de tanto tempo, é uma das poucas que se propõe a fazer isso. Que você esteja bem e sem problemas! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 5, 2021
Hi there! Been playing through this hack and it's been an excellent time! There's a few minor issues here and there (like Blaziken not having a cry) but overall nothing has been game-breaking for me. One issue I've had though is that you did not update the levels that Pokemon received in trades will listen to their trainer. Since you need badges to get Pokemon to obey you, bringing in a Pokemon from a trade means that if it is with the average level of the game, it will not obey the trainer. I traded in a level 30 Milotic because I wanted to use it as a water-type and get it leveling up before Flannery so I would have a water-type to help me out in the gym battle. Unfortunately, despite it being 5 levels under everyone else on my team, it won't obey me because I don't have enough gym badges :( While I'm sure this won't effect much anyone else, it's making my playthrough pretty rough since my only water type keeps telling me to jump in a lake XD Hope you could find the time to update the levels that Pokemon will obey in future renditions!

Great hack! I absolutely love it!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2022
I am begging you, please, please, please increase the levels of the wild pokemon to compensate for the higher level gym leaders! Gen 3 was already the grindiest generation of pokemon ever and grinding to level 50 for Norman on first-form pokemon all below level 20 is just not going to happen. Increasing levels doesn't make it harder - it just makes it take longer, and I straight up don't have time to grind that much in what little free time I have from work. I imagine I could cheat in some rare candies, but it's hateful to feel that I have to - that it's a requirement to progress. Please fix this, I've loved getting so far, but this grind is too much to be worth continuing, no matter how good the game has been so far, or how good the rest may be.

Years
So, this is a really fun hack, brilliant idea. I always preferred double battles, and thus my favorite games are Colosseum and XD. There's just so much more strategy involved with doubles. There are a few notable bugs with the hack though and general issues I have with it. First the issues.

1, for some reason, Hyper Beam has no recharge turn? At first I thought you made it like gen 1 where there's no recharge turn if it KOs the opponent (which would be okay I suppose). I thought that because I first encountered Hyper Beam against Wattson; his Ampharos has Hyper Beam. Since every Hyper Beam was OHKOing my mons, I assumed that was the case. But then the second time I encountered Hyper Beam, a Claydol used by a trainer in the desert, I had Swampert out and it was able to tank a Hyper Beam. And... nope, there's no recharge turn. It used Hyper Beam again the next turn. You have a 150 power move (I'll assume the power wasn't changed) with nary a downside except a small chance to miss. I want to hope this is a bug. If this was intentional, I'm sorry, this is really stupid. Please fix this. It's broken as all hell, especially early on like Wattson where the only mons that could possibly tank a Hyper Beam are those that resist it, and even then they'll likely be 2 hit KO'd.

2, I don't have a problem with all the moves being updated to how they are in current generations. But if there's one move that should not have been updated to the way it works in current gens, it's Surf. Surf is like, required in gen 3 at all times because of all the water. And the game is entirely double battles. Thus you are essentially forced to have a move that can hit your ally, regardless of whether or not you want to build your team around dealing with that. Surf is not like Earthquake; with Earthquake it's easier to deal with because levitate and flying mons are commonly used, and if you don't use any (my current team doesn't have a levitate user or a flying type) you are not forced to use Earthquake. Surf though, you are, because it's an HM that is required everywhere lategame.

Those are my balance issues. Now for the bugs I noticed. First the major.

- when a Pokemon gets KO'd by Flame Burst, the game softlocks upon the adjacent Pokemon being hit.

- Route 111 was edited so the part of the desert where you find the TM for Sandstorm is connected to the path, so that once you get the Go Goggles, you don't need a rock smash user to proceed. Which is fantastic. You still get railroaded into beating Wattson first so you're able to use Rock Smash on the rocks, and need to do so until you get the Go Goggles. It's pretty clever. But there's a weird bug where randomly the map will load as it does in the vanilla game instead, where it isn't connected which requires you to use Rock Smash as you normally have to. I need to do more testing, but I think the map only loads 'correctly' (where the TM Sandstorm section is connected to the main path) when Mirage Tower is present...? I have not collected the fossil yet out of fear that is the case, but that's what it seems to be.

The rest I noticed are minor. The Hidden Power TM has a blank description. And a few cries are messed up. to name a few, Seedot's is weird, Combusken and Shiftry have a buzz at the end of their cries, and Blaziken and Nuzleaf have no cry at all.

Back